Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

4 minutes ago, canadianhorn21 said:

https://texassports.com/sports/2019/6/11/darrell-k-royal-texas-memorial-stadium-south-endzone-webcam.aspx

We need someone checking this every 5 min to spot the mid-field commit video...

I always knew humanity's sharpest minds resided in Canada

giphy.gif

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

Roach: Updating with Non-Updates

Spoiler

— As you’ve all seen by now, Vernon Broughton is indeed in Austin. I heard this was possibly happening but wasn’t able to clear it with Broughton's family to report before he put it out there. I’ll remind you that this is the dead period, and he will not be meeting with any coaches or going by the facility. Broughton is set to shoot his video this weekend and has said an announcement could come Monday. I want to stress that nothing is done yet and anything can change in a matter of days, but there’s a reason I reported some budding confidence in my Broughton updates over the last few days. Either way, it should all be over soon so just hold tight.

— I spoke with a source close to four-star Arlington cornerback Jahari Rogers. I’m told that Rogers is also getting down to the end, and it wouldn’t surprise me if he made a decision over the next couple of weeks. This is a two-horse race right now between Texas and Florida, and I’m told that Rogers had a productive conversation with Texas cornerbacks coach Jason Washington last night. As I’ve reported, Florida is a legitimate threat and is making this race a lot closer than many Texas fans would like to hear. Rogers hasn’t given any indication to where he’s leaning, but a couple of people I spoke with still feels Texas holds a slight edge.

— Chris Thompson recently announced that he was ready to make his decision on Aug. 1. It sounds like this could come down to Texas, Ohio State and Auburn, but I was told Auburn is really the only school that seems like a contender at this point. Sources indicated it’s not a slam dunk for Thompson to land at Texas, but a source I spoke with earlier this week told me they would be very surprised if it was Auburn. I’m checking into the Auburn side of things as well, but I still feel fairly confident that Texas will be the pick.

— I’ve heard some whispers that Chad Lindberg could be very close to a decision, but I checked in with his camp and was told nothing has been decided or is imminent. I know he would like to get it over with before the season starts, so at most he has a little more than a month to get it done. Georgia is still the school I’m watching as a threat, with LSU as a wildcard, but I’m sticking with my Texas pick right now.

5 minutes ago, Dummy said:

Roach: Updating with Non-Updates

Reveal hidden contents

— As you’ve all seen by now, Vernon Broughton is indeed in Austin. I heard this was possibly happening but wasn’t able to clear it with Broughton's family to report before he put it out there. I’ll remind you that this is the dead period, and he will not be meeting with any coaches or going by the facility. Broughton is set to shoot his video this weekend and has said an announcement could come Monday. I want to stress that nothing is done yet and anything can change in a matter of days, but there’s a reason I reported some budding confidence in my Broughton updates over the last few days. Either way, it should all be over soon so just hold tight.

— I spoke with a source close to four-star Arlington cornerback Jahari Rogers. I’m told that Rogers is also getting down to the end, and it wouldn’t surprise me if he made a decision over the next couple of weeks. This is a two-horse race right now between Texas and Florida, and I’m told that Rogers had a productive conversation with Texas cornerbacks coach Jason Washington last night. As I’ve reported, Florida is a legitimate threat and is making this race a lot closer than many Texas fans would like to hear. Rogers hasn’t given any indication to where he’s leaning, but a couple of people I spoke with still feels Texas holds a slight edge.

— Chris Thompson recently announced that he was ready to make his decision on Aug. 1. It sounds like this could come down to Texas, Ohio State and Auburn, but I was told Auburn is really the only school that seems like a contender at this point. Sources indicated it’s not a slam dunk for Thompson to land at Texas, but a source I spoke with earlier this week told me they would be very surprised if it was Auburn. I’m checking into the Auburn side of things as well, but I still feel fairly confident that Texas will be the pick.

— I’ve heard some whispers that Chad Lindberg could be very close to a decision, but I checked in with his camp and was told nothing has been decided or is imminent. I know he would like to get it over with before the season starts, so at most he has a little more than a month to get it done. Georgia is still the school I’m watching as a threat, with LSU as a wildcard, but I’m sticking with my Texas pick right now.

Roach is taking the Wiltfong approach to his updates. Every SEC school is actually in the lead, and Texas will be lucky to get anyone to play for them.

11 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

So now that we’re back to gettin errbody 

I don’t trust kids these days. Why keep it so close to the vest and tweet out you’re in Austin on the weekend everyone knows you’re filming a commitment video? Seems strange to me. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear he’s in CS tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Just returned from ~45 hours with no connectivity and I’ll be damned if I’m going to try and figure out if I missed anything.  Don’t see any new commit threads, so I’m just assuming 20 pages of the usual mental subluxations. 

How was  Vancouver?

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Like 3

We could get CTJ, Broughton, Lindberg, Rogers and maybe a couple others by the end of August. We could be around 15 commits with an average of like 94. That would be a pretty damn solid core to the class, even if we’ve had some hiccups getting there.

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Roach is taking the Wiltfong approach to his updates. Every SEC school is actually in the lead, and Texas will be lucky to get anyone to play for them.

WTF are you talking about? He literally listed Texas as the leader for all four of those guys. 

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

We could get CTJ, Broughton, Lindberg, Rogers and maybe a couple others by the end of August. We could be around 15 commits with an average of like 94. That would be a pretty damn solid core to the class, even if we’ve had some hiccups getting there.

Yeah we could potentially be looking at having an insane composite average in a few weeks.  Only thing missing would be RB and LB.  Thing is we could probably manage with only taking 1 LB since we took 5 last class.  Is Josh White still attainable?

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Yeah we could potentially be looking at having an insane composite average in a few weeks.  Only thing missing would be RB and LB.  Thing is we could probably manage with only taking 1 LB since we took 5 last class.  Is Josh White still attainable?

1 might not play again and 2 are JUCOs. Taking 1 isn't good for this class. 

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

What happened with brennon scott?

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Did they name the 11 teams? I'm guessing every team in the Big 12 with exception of Oklahoma State, that gets us to 8. Aggy and Piggy get us to 10. Who is Team No. 11? 

I bet Nebraska is one of them. Going 1-9 against someone will do that. 

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Well you are also looking at Hullaby, Thompson, and Jackson as potential LBs, too.

Damon Sayles on Broughton

So here's what's known so far. Vernon confirmed he was in Austin. He did not confirm why he was there. I have knowledge that the Texas coaching staff is on vacation. Plus, Vernon can't meet with them anyway because of the dead period. Plot twist: Minutes ago, this was posted on Twitter

I did confirm with his mother that the edit is just that, an edit. Von Miller, Myles Garrett and Kingsley Keke are not congratulating him for committing in real life.

I'll say this: Vernon is having a good time keeping everybody on their toes for the next couple of days.