Active Shooter - El Paso

Rip76

27 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

I suspect El Paso will be exactly the same, and in short order.  A year from now there will be a memorial service and moments of silence.  5 years from now there will be a blurb on the news.  10 years from now only victims families will remember.

Btw, walk around telling people that we're in some kind of low grade civil war between the forces of white nationalism and some greater, enlightened society ( or insert woke term here) and about 85% of Americans will look at you like there's a horn growing out of your head.  As they should. At some point the left might, maybe(hell, who am I kidding?)  realize that the way to combat batshit craziness in the WH is not to try and out batshit it by an order of magnitude.

It’s never a big deal until it affects YOU.  Just go about your business not giving a fuck.  Thanks for posting though. At least now I know you’re trash. 

• Fuck You 1

24 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s never a big deal until it affects YOU.  Just go about your business not giving a fuck.  Thanks for posting though. At least now I know you’re trash. 

No Hugo, you’re conflicting issues. One being your batshit crazy notion that there’s a civil war between white supremacists and whoever, and the second being the notion that it didn’t happen to me so I don’t care. 

The second isn’t true at all, but you’ve called me trash because I’ve correctly posited that it will be business as usual in El Paso, and in short order. Something numerous other posters have noted. Something that is true virtually everywhere else this and other horrific acts have happened once a modicum of time has passed  

Its not that I don’t give a fuck as you suggest. It’s that I realize you’re crazy as fuck, and are not worth engaging substantively.  If you want to approach me with measures to help curb gun violence  then, despite my very conservative nature, I’m at a point where I’ll listen. When you tag on that there’s a war against brown people and that the president is the leader of a white supremacy movement? Yeah, you’ve spent too much time in the echo chamber of the cloak room being supported by other batshit crazies. 

• Like 8
  • Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

One good start would be, the president of the United States not constantly stroking racial flames and.... maybe start acting like an adult. 

Well, shit in one hand and hope for that in the other....

He’s going to be a general nightmare anytime he chooses to communicate. 

8 hours ago, staboner said:

this thread is the usual as well. social media really has eliminated any form of common ground and improved communication.  pretty amazing how shootings in the US are either because of guns or because of mental health. it can't possibly be both. and the band marches on. try typing LOUDER MAYBE? 

one of the very real issues is that communication isn't happening. and further, compassion and understanding seems to be going the way of the dodo. lots of you guys are right - this will wash over and the US will move on. it will happen again, rinse and repeat. i would venture to say the US isn't even really a society anymore so much as its a collection of people looking the other way and caring about numero uno only.

I would say the comments in bold are bullshit.  I am not looking out for my own best interests at the expense of others.  The people on this thread and in social media and all over the US who are clamoring that something be done so that these senseless killings of OTHER PEOPLE stop are not looking out for their own best interests.  We are all exhibiting EXACTLY what you seem to think has vanished -- empathy and compassion for others.

Get out of here with that stupid "both sides" garbage.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Like 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/05/09/shoot-them-trump-laughs-off-supporters-demand-violence-against-migrants/?utm_term=.f9a615b1df14

A roar rose from the crowd of thousands of Trump supporters in Panama City Beach on Wednesday night, as President Trump noted yet again that Border Patrol agents can’t use weapons to deter migrants. “How do you stop these people?” he asked.

“Shoot them!” someone yelled from the crowd, according to reporters on the scene and attendees.

The audience cheered. Supporters seated behind Trump and clad in white baseball caps bearing the letters “USA” laughed and applauded.

“That’s only in the Panhandle you can get away with that statement,” Trump replied, smiling and shaking his head. “Only in the Panhandle.”

6 hours ago, Wheels said:

I've followed this board for years. You have turned into everything you rail against. You're a hateful, racist, sad man.  

I actually don't think you could be more wrong.  If your lead argument is essentially "Brisket is intolerant of intolerance", well, you're already down 0-2 and the bat hasn't even come off your shoulder.  You then go to "racist" -- I say prove it.  Find Brisket's racism and post it here for all to see.  Finally, what you see as sadness is really just anger.  Are you surprised that someone is angry about the way things are going?  I suggest that if you aren't angry, you need to self-reflect and figure out why not, because you've got a short in your wiring somewhere.

Maybe you should just stick to "following" the board.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, texas08 said:

Are people really trying to spin this as cartel work?

If a cartel wanted to make a statement...they would kidnap actual involved people, decapitate a few heads, hang the torsos and body parts around the city. They would also be posting boards with a message claiming their work and who they’re coming after next.

Basically they’re not pussies. They don’t go after innocent people and they claim their work.

It was something that came up early before much was known.  

Plenty of cartel violence spills out into public places.  The videos are all over Liveleak and sites like it.  Malls, gas stations, restaurants, city squares, etc, etc.

Disagree that some officials are referring to El Paso as a hate crime when it is actually terrorism. The only difference between this shooter and al Qaeda is that al Qaeda had a physical community and this guys community was most likely more online.

the fbi should be beating down doors, mainly in Western US states, and hauling 100s of people in for questioning this morning. While many of them would have zero knowledge about El Paso, guarantee that other plans against the US will be readily available on their kitchen tables. Can American citizens be taken to gitmo?

The auction scene in Candian Bacon isnt as funny as it used to be. There's no need to sell guns such as the ak47, mr15, ect. If you dont think so, then give your reason and I hope your reason isn't "my constitutional right ", because that right has been abused and too much blood has spilled. We also have taken the easy way out with mental health, turned our backs on it. I dont know how anyone can say that yesterday and today will be forgotten by most. Columbine hasn't been forgotten,  neither has Sandyhook, the Denver's movie theater, Parkland, Sante Fe, etc. (And how disgusting is it that I can use "etc"?) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, texas08 said:

Are people really trying to spin this as cartel work?

If a cartel wanted to make a statement...they would kidnap actual involved people, decapitate a few heads, hang the torsos and body parts around the city. They would also be posting boards with a message claiming their work and who they’re coming after next.

Basically they’re not pussies. They don’t go after innocent people and they claim their work.

Plenty of cartel violence spills out into public places.  The videos are all over Liveleak and sites like it.  Malls, gas stations, restaurants, city squares, etc, etc.

10 minutes ago, Cajun said:

It was something that came up earlier with zero evidence by people who were hoping to use this event as a reason to blame "others" for our problems and to try and justify a fucking wall around our country.

Image result for oops rick perry gif

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Cajun said:

In America though?

I’ve been hearing since 2006 how “all the violence will spill over” and its yet to happen. Cartels are well aware they can’t operate the same way in the US. They live & do business here, but they know they can’t go around hanging bodies from streetlights & shooting up public places. It’s not the same here. 

2 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

It was something that came up earlier with zero evidence by people who were hoping to use this event as a reason to blame "others" for our problems and to try and justify a fucking wall around our country.

Image result for oops rick perry gif

Boy, talk about extrapolating.  I brought up possible cartel spillover.  Someone mentioned “wall”,a few posts later and I posted a pic of a dude with his sheep crawling through a cartel tunnel.

How again was that justifying a wall?

13 hours ago, Gravy Train said:

Semi-automatic weapons are just the easiest, readily-available tool an assailant chooses for an act of terrorism.  That doesn't solve the problem, but it does require more time for the perpetrator to pack a backpack with a nail-filled pressure cooker or rent a U-Haul and fill it with ammonium nitrate and diesel.

We've made positive strides on making it more difficult for the average joe to purchase hi-po fertilizer in bulk.

13 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Gun or no gun. This loser would have just worn an explosive vest or made a bomb. 

Murderers kill people. Fuck this piece of shit and Iets hope those who lost their lives did so quickly and with as little pain as possible. 

spacer.png

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Cajun said:

True, but generally, cartels prefer to drag their murder/violent activities back into Juarez, instead of anywhere on the US side.  It’s unnecessary risk for them, regardless of any leadership vacuum (which is definitely a thing).

Just now, Helobious said:

In America though?

I’ve been hearing since 2006 how “all the violence will spill over” and its yet to happen. Cartels are well aware they can’t operate the same way in the US. They live & do business here, but they know they can’t go around hanging bodies from streetlights & shooting up public places. It’s not the same here. 

100% correct.  They know it and it keeps the wolf at bay. No argument.

And, yes, all that violence I mentioned before has occurred in Mexico. The change is that it’s been happening in places where it used to not happen.  

Shifts.  Change.  Power struggles.  More amateurs introduced to the game.

Without knowing a lot of facts it’d be nuts to say, “It’s definitely cartel...”, after a mass killing in a border town.   It’d Be equally nuts to say, “No chance it was cartel...” given the same circumstances.

6 minutes ago, scottsins said:

True, but generally, cartels prefer to drag their murder/violent activities back into Juarez, instead of anywhere on the US side.  It’s unnecessary risk for them, regardless of any leadership vacuum (which is definitely a thing).

No argument.  That’s why I never said, “Oh, this is definitely cartel...”.

i didn’t see anyone else put that kind of stake in the ground either

Edited by Cajun

52 minutes ago, Dewey said:

The auction scene in Candian Bacon isnt as funny as it used to be. There's no need to sell guns such as the ak47, mr15, ect. If you dont think so, then give your reason and I hope your reason isn't "my constitutional right ", because that right has been abused and too much blood has spilled. We also have taken the easy way out with mental health, turned our backs on it. I dont know how anyone can say that yesterday and today will be forgotten by most. Columbine hasn't been forgotten,  neither has Sandyhook, the Denver's movie theater, Parkland, Sante Fe, etc. (And how disgusting is it that I can use "etc"?) 

The Virginia Beach shooter used hand guns as did the Virginia Tech shooter.  One killed 12 and the other killed 33.  It isn't the guns that are the problem.  Some people used a van to kill 13 people in Barcelona.  Some other people used a truck to kill 86.  Last week, some Japanese guy killed 18 people by lighting a building on fire.  I honestly don't know what he answer is.

Edited by Hate
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

13 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Gun or no gun. This loser would have just worn an explosive vest or made a bomb.  

Jesus dude.  You know sometimes I forget there are people who actually think and react this way, luckily I have this board to keep me grounded.

15 minutes ago, Hate said:

The Virginia Beach shooter used hand guns as did the Virginia Tech shooter.  One killed 12 and the other killed 33.  It isn't the guns that are the problem.  Some people used a van to kill 13 people in Barcelona.  Some other people used a truck to kill 86.  Last week, some Japanese guy killed 18 people by lighting a building on fire.  I honestly don't know what he answer is.

So preventing some mass murders isn’t worth pursuing?  Get the fuck outta here. 

20 people would most likely be alive in El Paso today if people haven’t normalized semi automatic rifle ownership.  That attitude is letting someone buy a semi automatic weapon today that will eventually kill 20 others 5 years from now.

I will pray that people like Hate eventually see the light. 

• Like 1

The Virginia Beach shooter used hand guns as did the Virginia Tech shooter. One killed 12 and the other killed 33.  It isn't the guns that are the problem.  Some people used a van to kill 13 people in Barcelona.  Some other people used a truck to kill 86.  Last week, some Japanese guy killed 18 people by lighting a building on fire.  I honestly don't know what he answer is.

Lolwut

Ban handguns too, problem solved.
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hate said:

Get rid of handguns as well, and like I said, let's address the mentally I'll, instead of turning our backs on them. 

Go ahead and ban semi automatic weapons.  I couldn't possibly care less.  The problem is these idiots that want to kill a bunch of people will find another method like a handgun, a van, or they will light a building on fire.  But if banning semi assault rifles means that nobody will ever be a victim of a mass shooting where a semi automatic rifle was used, go ahead and ban them. 

• Like 1

Go ahead and ban semi automatic weapons.  I couldn't possibly care less.  The problem is these idiots that want to kill a bunch of people will find another method like a handgun, a van, or they will light a building on fire.  But if banning semi assault rifles means that nobody will ever be a victim of a mass shooting where a semi automatic rifle was used, go ahead and ban them. 

Ban handguns too.

I’m confident that the # of innocents murdered by vehicle or building arson will never approach the current level of murders by guns.
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hate said:

Why are guns their tool of choice then, even with all those other options available?

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the shooter selected El Paso because of some Antifa thing that was *rumored(?) to be occurring there soon? Did the police say he acted alone?

*I say rumored because I don't follow the conspiracy/end times people so I have no idea what Kool Aid they are drinking but I recall reading about a potential protest on a newsfeed somewhere. Why the conspiracy people think Antifa is the same as the Al Quaeda baffles me.

I’d like to see the anti gun control folks stop bitching out and just fucking own it. Own that you find the current level of gun violence in our country to be perfectly acceptable. Admit that you are willing to live with the status quo so you can keep your precious dick extenders.

It’s not even fucking debatable that banning semi auto rifles and handguns would greatly reduce gun deaths, so just fucking own that you are fine with the US being a country where innocent people are routinely slaughtered by killing machines.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

In America though?

Yeah, right now we have a pretty low-grade war against the cartels - mainly financial aid and training to the local police/security forces, and capturing their boats in the Gulf/Pacific.  

If the cartels were to take their violence into mainstream America, they go from having to deal with the local Barney Fifes to Rangers, SEALs, Green Berets, Delta, etc. blowing through their doors, and USAF drones and gunships eliminating their buildings.  And chances are, the host countries aren't going to get too upset with us.

It pissed me off when people who knew better were trying to push the cartel angle yesterday.  They know full fucking well that the cartels do not want a full-blown war with the US military.

Edited by atomheartbevo

13 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Why are guns their tool of choice then, even with all those other options available?

I'm not really sure.  I suppose you could say it's much easier to get a gun, but it requires a back ground check to get a gun.  There is no background check required to buy a car.  But go ahead and ban handguns and semi automatic rifles.  If that is where we go from here, I am fine with that.  It won't matter to me one bit. 

14 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

You’re free to move to any of them, plenty of options to choose from. However, banning guns here eliminates the last Western option for people who want to keep the ability to defend their families from criminals and potentially a tyrannical government. If it’s the number one issue and you truly live in fear, move. 

Dipshit, if the government wanted to take your ass out there isn't a damn thing you and your dinky little AR are going to do about it.

What are you so scared of, pussy?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

14 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

You’re free to move to any of them, plenty of options to choose from. However, banning guns here eliminates the last Western option for people who want to keep the ability to defend their families from criminals and potentially a tyrannical government. If it’s the number one issue and you truly live in fear, move. 

I believe in owning guns to protect yourself from criminals. However it’s laughable to think guns could ever protect you from the government in this day and age. The Dallas police shooter was killed by an exploding robot. And an AR-15 in each hand will not save you from a drone strike.

people believing that the fed govt is tyrannical or the potential is strong, should be condemned.   They are similar to the quiet Muslim in the Middle East that thinks al Qaeda may have some valid points. In both cases they are giving moral support to terrorists even if the oppose the actual violence. 

• Fuck You 1

39 minutes ago, Hate said:

It will still result in fewer deaths.  Period.  That’s all that matters.

• Like 1

Let me just address why this notion and post are really dumb. 
First of all, people, all people respond to their level of training. Most CHL holders simply are not very well trained and while I do encourage that training, few listen. 
To that end, what you are encouraging is for poorly trained people to draw and actively pursue whoever the shooter is in a crowded Walmart. Because they aren't well trained they probably aren't a great shot and have likely never even practiced shooting on the move. 
So you want someone who doesn't shoot very well, to actively pursue, identify and shoot the guilty party during a mass panic situation? People respond in a crisis to their level of training. Untrained folks that attempting this would end very poorly.
Next, I am trained and the very first thing a good trainer teaches you is avoidance.
I carry a gun for self preservation. I am not a cop. My gun is to help me keep me alive. I hear shots going off in a crowded building or Walmart, I'm hitting the closest exit.
Beyond that portion, I don't know if there are any cops there our of uniform. I don't know if there are other CHL holders trying to do as you suggested above. There is a lot I don't know and drawing a gun in that situation makes me look potentially like a participant in the shooting not a dumbass trying to be a hero.
Now let me ask. An active shooting kicks up somewhere you are located. Do you really want untrained dumb ass morons running around trying to "take out" the active shooter?

Hey that sound you just heard was the whole point of his post flying over your head fucking moron.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Hey that sound you just heard was the whole point of his post flying over your head fucking moron.

No. It didn’t. He adequately explained why someone with a CHL didn’t engage the shooter. The OP has a very incorrect perception of the purpose of a CHL. Using a concealed weapon to save the day is always the last resort. And, while it is touted that a good guy with a gun protects against a bad guy with a gun, the reality is that’s only when escape isn’t an option, and thinking people understand this inherently. 

11 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Let me just address why this notion and post are really dumb. 

First of all, people, all people respond to their level of training. Most CHL holders simply are not very well trained and while I do encourage that training, few listen. 

To that end, what you are encouraging is for poorly trained people to draw and actively pursue whoever the shooter is in a crowded Walmart. Because they aren't well trained they probably aren't a great shot and have likely never even practiced shooting on the move. 

So you want someone who doesn't shoot very well, to actively pursue, identify and shoot the guilty party during a mass panic situation? People respond in a crisis to their level of training. Untrained folks that attempting this would end very poorly.

Next, I am trained and the very first thing a good trainer teaches you is avoidance.

I carry a gun for self preservation. I am not a cop. My gun is to help me keep me alive. I hear shots going off in a crowded building or Walmart, I'm hitting the closest exit.

Beyond that portion, I don't know if there are any cops there our of uniform. I don't know if there are other CHL holders trying to do as you suggested above. There is a lot I don't know and drawing a gun in that situation makes me look potentially like a participant in the shooting not a dumbass trying to be a hero.

Now let me ask. An active shooting kicks up somewhere you are located. Do you really want untrained dumb ass morons running around trying to "take out" the active shooter?

You should read my post one more time. 

7 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

If you want to approach me with measures to help curb gun violence  then, despite my very conservative nature, I’m at a point where I’ll listen.

You're "at a point" where you'll listen? That's nice. So give us a ballpark figure on where the death count needs to reach before you're "at a point" where you'll do something?

Edited by Leamas
  • Like 1

No. It didn’t. He adequately explained why someone with a CHL didn’t engage the shooter. The OP has a very incorrect perception of the purpose of a CHL. Using a concealed weapon to save the day is always the last resort. And, while it is touted that a good guy with a gun protects against a bad guy with a gun, the reality is that’s only when escape isn’t an option, and thinking people understand this inherently. 

Uh yeah it did.

Pubs are constantly telling us that the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. This is a load of BS which was the point subliminal was making. (can’t believe I have to explain this)

• Like 1

Just now, BurntEyes said:

What do you propose will happen to the millions already in public hands and in Mexico?

Where there is demand there will be supply. You will create a new black market. The war on drugs has done great things to reduce gun violence. Ask Mexico and Chicago who also have the gun laws you propose.

You also missed his point. Aside from all that, people would just find different guns or black market ones.

No you missed the point.  Make it more difficult and fewer people will die.  It will still happen, but fewer people will die.  That is not debatable.  Anyone arguing the contrary is delusional.