Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

The pic needs to be posted to mom-shame the others that obviously don't care about children

There is absolutely no mom shaming going on at all. The cookies go in with the kids before school starts so no one really knows who sent what. Hell we sent two dozen store bought cupcakes also. My wife even specifically mentions those will go first before the flip flops. We do things because we can, not to shame someone who can’t.

20 minutes ago, EE2B said:

There is absolutely no mom shaming going on at all. The cookies go in with the kids before school starts so no one really knows who sent what. Hell we sent two dozen store bought cupcakes also. My wife even specifically mentions those will go first before the flip flops. We do things because we can, not to shame someone who can’t.

Yeah, the other mom's know. Facebook/Insta/Twitter.

They know.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EE2B said:

this may not be the right thread for you

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EE2B said:

This is the lamest post I have ever read on this site or ShaggyBevo

• Like 7

2 hours ago, EE2B said:

this post makes me want to hang myself.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EE2B said:

It's cute that you believe that.

• Like 5

I actually cut my onions that way, I prefer rings myself.

8 hours ago, EE2B said:

this was sarcasm right?  Otherwise,

iceman.gif

18 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I'm not arguing here, but that is a really, really bold claim.

There was nothing about being the biggest Longhorn fan on the planet, pay check stubs, cats, golf nor leasing 90s Corvettes in that post.

Given the context and the heartfelt earnestness of the lame post which was lame, I'm sticking to my call on this one.

2 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

There was nothing about being the biggest Longhorn fan on the planet, pay check stubs, cats, golf nor leasing 90s Corvettes in that post.

Steve Goodman just doxxed himself.

• Haha 1

Not to mention Norwegian prostitutes and leaving price tags on your coats. Or turning down your neighbor that brought over a bottle of wine.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DallasHorn26 said:
11 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Not to mention Norwegian prostitutes and leaving price tags on your coats. Or turning down your neighbor that brought over a bottle of wine.

or a naked cam model for a pizza

• Like 1

On 5/22/2019 at 12:53 PM, EE2B said:

On 5/22/2019 at 1:14 PM, Cheeseweasel said:

Yeah, the other mom's know. Facebook/Insta/Twitter.

They know.

On 5/22/2019 at 3:30 PM, Reagan1k said:

You might feel that way, but she's got a scorecard hidden somewhere .  It doesn't make her a bad person, it just makes her female.

100%. It's all a competition. If you want to really blow their minds the next time they need a classroom volunteer you should go. That would be the cherry on top to the other moms. 

"Not only does she buy super expensive cookies her husband even helps........." The other moms would be falling all over you on top of hating your wife. It would be perfect. 

• Like 1

The level of planning and amount of shit you apparently need to bring for a weekend road trip never ceases to amaze me. Even after 20 years.

I recommend a little surreptitious Fireball in your coffee so you can just sit back, chill, and ride out the chaos.

I think it’s debatable that we even leave on the day we are supposed to leave.

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

The level of planning and amount of shit you apparently need to bring for a weekend road trip never ceases to amaze me. Even after 20 years.

I recommend a little surreptitious Fireball in your coffee so you can just sit back, chill, and ride out the chaos.

Let me know if you get the whole "do we even really want/need to go?  "

How about just getting out of the fucking door? I'm up at 7, already packed, showered, and loaded up the vehicle. Wife and daughter are sipping starbucks and doing wtf ever. At 11am my wife is scrambling trying to find a medication or the left shoe of pair number 10 she's bringing. Out the door at 1:30, 2.5 hours after scheduled departure and right when the rubber meets the road I hear "I'm hungry" and "didn't even have time to eat".

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LW Goatman said:

How about just getting out of the fucking door? I'm up at 7, already packed, showered, and loaded up the vehicle. Wife and daughter are sipping starbucks and doing wtf ever. At 11am my wife is scrambling trying to find a medication or the left shoe of pair number 10 she's bringing. Out the door at 1:30, 2.5 hours after scheduled departure and right when the rubber meets the road I hear "I'm hungry" and "didn't even have time to eat".

i mean, thats on you.

if you need to leave by 11, you should know that you need to tell the females that you are leaving at 9 or 930.  that way when you leave by noon, its not as frustrating.

because we all know there is zero chance you are ever leaving ontime.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Let me know if you get the whole "do we even really want/need to go?  "

We've had plans to go to the ranch this weekend for weeks. Dog had to have unexpected surgery Wednesday. I volunteer to take care of her at home this weekend while everybody else (i.e, wife, kids, kids' friends, Typhoon Mary, her family, other random in-law family members, etc.) ranches it up. I mean, a weekend alone at home with my dog? Sign me the fuck up, please. Now my wife is throwing a fit because she knows that she is going to have to take care of everything down there because the rest of her family is useless. I've gone through a day and a half of her stressing and bitching about it including a 20 minute rant of a phone call while I was in the middle of a meeting today.

Any guesses on how this ends? 

8 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

We've had plans to go to the ranch this weekend for weeks. Dog had to have unexpected surgery Wednesday. I volunteer to take care of her at home this weekend while everybody else (i.e, wife, kids, kids' friends, Typhoon Mary, her family, other random in-law family members, etc.) ranches it up. I mean, a weekend alone at home with my dog? Sign me the fuck up, please. Now my wife is throwing a fit because she knows that she is going to have to take care of everything down there because the rest of her family is useless. I've gone through a day and a half of her stressing and bitching about it including a 20 minute rant of a phone call while I was in the middle of a meeting today.

Your dog shoots your wife? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tbone_ said:

And not just the planning. All the fucking shit that is "must have" for 2 or 3 nights away. Jesus titty fucking Christ.

Went on a weekend trip a couple weeks ago, and she packed more shit than we went to Europe with last Christmas for 3 weeks, or last summer for 3 weeks. How in the flying fuck is that even possible?

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

if you need to leave by 11, you should know that you need to tell the females that you are leaving at 9 or 930.  that way when you leave by noon, its not as frustrating. 

Exactly. If you haven't learned how much to pad your departure by, then there is little hope for you. Of course it's not the same every time, and depends on where/why/how you're going. Sometimes you pad less, sometimes you pad it more. If you end up a tick early, even better. However, you can never let her know what you're doing. Once she finds out, then you're really fucked. Why? Because no matter what time you tell her she will think that it's padded. There is no winning this game. It is merely about survival.

She called the furniture refurbisher guy and paid him to come take care of the family but he hasn't shown up yet
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1