Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

5 minutes ago, LW Goatman said:

Wife is out furniture shopping now. I didn’t have it in me, told her to take the truck. I’m sure she’ll get the protection plan and undercarriage coating options. 

You just made some sales guys month.  And think of the money she saved you!

Lots of "can't get out the door on time" for a trip talk. My experience was once we got there she had to organize and put into motion everybody else's need for a relaxed time. I'm thinking we might have sex, pawn the kids off a little on the other aunts and uncles there . But no, very successful and sharp family members become worthless deadbeats. They're on vacay, so it's ok to read, disappear to Starbucks for hours and not give 1 thought to planning for Sea World. We're the aunt and uncle to take the kids on every excursion while others need peaceful hikes and naps. Then comes the terse conversation about said issues, some angry sex and then start planning dinner. 

1 hour ago, Nolacycling said:

Lots of "can't get out the door on time" for a trip talk. My experience was once we got there she had to organize and put into motion everybody else's need for a relaxed time. I'm thinking we might have sex, pawn the kids off a little on the other aunts and uncles there . But no, very successful and sharp family members become worthless deadbeats. They're on vacay, so it's ok to read, disappear to Starbucks for hours and not give 1 thought to planning for Sea World. We're the aunt and uncle to take the kids on every excursion while others need peaceful hikes and naps. Then comes the terse conversation about said issues, some angry sex and then start planning dinner. 

So you're mad that the other adults are being as lazy and thoughtless as you want to be? Don't hate the players, hate the game.

• Like 2

Went to the track meet yesterday. We had three chairs, an EZup, a pop up tent, two coolers, a blanket, and a wagon. Felt like it took us more time to load up/unload than we were actually there. As a dude, I never took a damn thing anywhere besides beverages.

We haven't seen the latest Jurassic Park movie yet.

Her: Let's have a Jurassic Park movie marathon!

Me: With the kids? (Ages 5 and 3)

Her: No.

Me: What are we going to do with the kids for the 12-15 hours it's going to take to see all 5 movies.

Her: We're not going to watch them all in a row on the same day.

Me: Do you not understand what a 'movie marathon' is?

Her: Uh...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We just got done watching Platoon.   Kelly’s Heroes on deck.  

W: “ can we watching keeping up with the Kardashians for a few minutes?” 

Me: I’m making another cocktail

W: “why do you have to have another drink?”

Me: “Are you fucking kidding me right now?” 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Really going for it for Memorial Day weekend huh. 

It’s not just the changing of it but how.  It’s as if they are unaware that the a/c or heat does not need to be at max strength.  They get a little chilly, and they turn the a/c completely off. A little hot, and they turn the max ac on to 60 degrees. Instead of just setting the temperature to a comfortable steady level they constantly adjust it.
They're idiots.

Water is wet
The sky is blue....

12 minutes ago, Txzen said:

Quiet morning. Wife comes in to boil water for tea and honey for my son, who is a little under the weather. Puts the kettle on the burner, then promptly walks out. 

A few minutes later, kettle boiling and whistling, I get up and turn off the gas. Less then a minute later, wife walks back in, annoyed the pot is off. 

I explain that it was whistling and that I just turned it off. Apparently, the slight cooling in that 45 seconds makes the water unusable. Did you expect me to sit in the kitchen with a screaming pot? Tone. 

Makes a big production of turning the gas back on - the pot whistles in less than 2 seconds. While it continues to scream, continues to work in the kitchen, getting the mug, the tea the honey. Pours the water in, with the gas still going full afterburner. 

15 minutes later, son still can’t drink the tea because it’s too hot. 

You couldn't be bothered to pour your ailing son a cup of tea?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Negative. We either have 24 flips or 24 flops, no pairs unless you have two right feet. When she called the bakery, they told her they could do them, but they would cost cupcake prices. The $3/per is pretty damn close.

Krave cupcakes are $3.75. I only by 4 at a time and eat them all. I got nothing else.

Quiet morning. Wife comes in to boil water for tea and honey for my son, who is a little under the weather. Puts the kettle on the burner, then promptly walks out. 
A few minutes later, kettle boiling and whistling, I get up and turn off the gas. Less then a minute later, wife walks back in, annoyed the pot is off. 
I explain that it was whistling and that I just turned it off. Apparently, the slight cooling in that 45 seconds makes the water unusable. Did you expect me to sit in the kitchen with a screaming pot? Tone. 
Makes a big production of turning the gas back on - the pot whistles in less than 2 seconds. While it continues to scream, continues to work in the kitchen, getting the mug, the tea the honey. Pours the water in, with the gas still going full afterburner. 

Someone has control issues

When I go to the country, I normally don’t ask the wife because she complains constantly. Spotty internet, too cold/hot, bored(I work too much). So when I told her that I was going, I offered to take lil dude and the dogs as well. So she could have a nice, quiet two days doing girl shit. Well, that was obviously the wrong offer. She bitched for 30 minutes about not having her family for the holiday(I was coming back Sunday). So I apologized and asked if she would like to go. I explained that I would be working on the catch pen and vaccinating on Saturday and Sunday morning. Now, I really don’t want her to go because I didn’t initially offer.

I left her ass at home. Took the boy and my dog.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I've been to Tuscany in July. This is insane to me. Granted I'm not female, but neither was my sister (RIP) and she thought it was hot there when we were in a family trip through the region.

Yeah it's hot, but you have to remember they are on the same latitude as Oregon, so the sun is just not as intense as home.   Lots of plants they have there won't survive the summer in our Hardiness Zone 10.   Coming from S. Florida it was hot-ish midday in towns, but the early evenings were super nice (for me) and it wasn't the old hot soup in the face when you stepped out of the door in the morning.

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You couldn't be bothered to pour your ailing son a cup of tea?

Sounds like if he had he would have been regrounded. 

2 step approach, one to leave, one once you get there.  When I'm ready to go and still waiting on her, I pass by the bathroom where she's at and say "waiting on you" which means I'm ready lets go.  At first I just did it as a joke just to be an asshole, but then I found as time went by she actually was getting ready faster so that she could be the one to say "waiting on you".  Then it happened, and she was so thrilled.  I acted so disappointed, made some excuses, even argued a bit.  It doesn't happen often, and when it doesn't, I just shame her as the reason for our lateness at the destination in front of friends and family.  We're on time more often than not.

TLDR assholishness pays off

3 hours ago, Txzen said:

when's the divorce?

Went to the track meet yesterday. We had three chairs, an EZup, a pop up tent, two coolers, a blanket, and a wagon. Felt like it took us more time to load up/unload than we were actually there. As a dude, I never took a damn thing anywhere besides beverages.
Are you familiar with yute swim meets?

On 5/26/2019 at 9:42 AM, Loco said:

Does she ever say it's too hot?   Because if so you are one lucky SOB.  My wife is always too cold...  I have been informed that we should only consider vacations (or god forbid moving to) any place on the planet that is HOTTER than where we live now.   Spoiler we live in S. Florida, where 10 months out of 12, it's surface of the fucking sun hot.  Tuscany in late July was too chilly.

She gets in the car in the middle of the day and does not roll down the windows or turn on the AC.  It feels nice for 30 secs and then I'm Arnold Toht 

Pos rep for the Toht reference. 

19 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

I've been to Tuscany in July. This is insane to me. Granted I'm not female, but neither was my sister (RIP) and she thought it was hot there when we were in a family trip through the region.

Jackie Chan confused meme

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

On 5/26/2019 at 9:45 AM, Enchubben said:

It’s not just the changing of it but how.  It’s as if they are unaware that the a/c or heat does not need to be at max strength.  They get a little chilly, and they turn the a/c completely off. A little hot, and they turn the max ac on to 60 degrees. Instead of just setting the temperature to a comfortable steady level they constantly adjust it.

They're idiots.

Goddamit you stole my comment. 

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:55 PM, Trey3216 said:

See the source image
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

Renal failure so it might hit close to home for some.

Thanks.

BE's dead sister talk not going away.

(I think it's okay if I make fun of the topic right? Fuck.. maybe I need to neg myself.)

Renal failure is not very funny. Neg rep

2 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Really thunderlounge???

You decide to double down return neg me back when I negged a post where you make fun of my dead sister.

Yep. Triple, even. 

Why? It’s a joke about your grammar and incomprehensible sentence.  Nothing more. So get the fuck over it.  If you dish it, take it. You dished, now take (the length.)

2 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Dude. This is surly. We make fun of everything.

Sorry about your loss.

Exactly. 

2 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

There is a line even here and making fun of someone's dead sister and negging them for it crosses that line.

Thanks though.

You really need to lighten the fuck up, Francis. 

• Like 7