Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

8 minutes ago, Fud said:

Buckley was an early known name who was over-ranked because he was early on the scene. Once people started actually watching his hudl they realized he probably wasn't going to be Texas good, and he gradually slid down the rankings iirc 

Well, his decline in the rankings is because Texas controls the media and Ketchum controls all player rankings in the country. If only evil tu wasn't around to muddy the waters, everyone would know how wonderful A&M's classes really are and how wonderful Aggieland is and how wonderful it is to be an Aggie glued to other Aggies the rest of your life like a chain of gaudy class rings. 

Sleeping Giant and all that, ya know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/27/2021 at 10:33 PM, Spider2YBanana said:

Spiller and Achane the best duo in the SEC made me laugh. Absurd. 

How is this absurd at all? One of those guys was a first team all-conference selection last year and the year before on the all freshman team.  

The other was a human highlight reel when he started playing and is one of the fastest football players in the country.

The line will of course be unproven and a concern. White and Milton at UGA for sure have the talent to be the best tandem, but are more unproven and had some injury issues. The RB at USCe, Rodriguez at UK, and Bigsby at AU will be in the mix with Spiller for first team all conference but there isn’t really a clear number two candidate as exciting as Achane for either of those schools. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

as exciting as Achane

The other was a human highlight reel when he started playing

One of those guys was a first team all-conference selection last year

I am Excite!

BTHOSEC! 

Hopefully you still have a living QB, at least one capable WR, and an OL that gives up less than 60 sacks by the end of the upcoming season.

Then you possibly might be good enough to get your shit pushed in by KSU or Oklahoma State in the Texas Bowl.

• Haha 1

That can all very well happen, but Spiller and Achane are both extremely good, proven backs and except for White and Milton there’s not another conference tandem that really being in the conversation...so putting them there isn’t absurd.  Alabama is sure to have someone come on, but not clear yet who will be in the backfield as option 2 to Robinson. 

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

...Achane are both extremely good, proven backs “....

20% of Achane’s season rushing yardage came on a single play in the bowl game. He ran for 364 yards last year, 224 if you don’t count the bowl game.  He isn’t remotely “proven”. 

43 minutes ago, LOHorn said:

20% of Achane’s season rushing yardage came on a single play in the bowl game. He ran for 364 yards last year, 224 if you don’t count the bowl game.  He isn’t remotely “proven”. 

Cool. As I mentioned, I think White and Milton are the other duo in the mix for best backfield tandem in the conference based on past performance and potential.  As usual in discussions like these, no one is really arguing that there’s a tandem out there that is clearly better. 

11 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

How is this absurd at all? One of those guys was a first team all-conference selection last year and the year before on the all freshman team.  

The other was a human highlight reel when he started playing and is one of the fastest football players in the country.

The line will of course be unproven and a concern. White and Milton at UGA for sure have the talent to be the best tandem, but are more unproven and had some injury issues. The RB at USCe, Rodriguez at UK, and Bigsby at AU will be in the mix with Spiller for first team all conference but there isn’t really a clear number two candidate as exciting as Achane for either of those schools. 

It's absurd because Georgia and Bama alone will have better duos in the backfield. Not hating on Spiller or Achane, just saying they're the best duo in the SEC is some kind of stupid. I'd definitely put them 3rs, which isn't anything to scoff at. 

5 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

It began with Reggie "Real Deal" McNeal is better than VY.

one of these days i'm going to get drunk enough on here to remind people this was a valid conversation after the 2004 season.

things went . . different ways from there.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It began waaay before that. Farmer is better than benson. Sirr Parker is better than Ricky fucking Williams.  You can just keep going back and finding more. 

Leeland McElroy is better than Shon Mitchell or Priest Holmes or Ricky Williams.

• Haha 1

Not just McNeal, they got the running back (Courtney?) from VY's high school team who showed some promise. They immediately claimed VY did well because of the running back and that they'd got the better player.

A million years ago, they wanted to believe that George Woodard was on the same level as Earl Campbell. They even copied the "Woo" chant when he ran from what the Longhorns did with Steve Worster (Woo-ster).

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Aside from their absurd claim that the wars diminished their teams more than ours, it appears Billy thinks both World Wars occured after 1939. 

I guess this is all further proof that the Aggies have always actually been better than us. It's a shame the Viet Cong allowed them to only win four games against Texas from 1947 to 1974. Charlie was a tough enemy. It took everything the Aggies had to beat him.

Dumbasses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

1980s - 71-44 overall (.617), 1-0 FCS, 31-10 G5 teams (.756), 39-35 P5 teams (.534)

1990s - 94-28 overall (.770), 1-0 FCS, 35-4 G5 teams (.897), 58-24 P5 teams (.707)

2000s - 63-59 overall (.516), 4-0 FCS, 18-1 G5 teams (.947), 41-57 P5 teams (.418)

2010s - 84-46 overall (.646), 10-0 FCS, 20-0 G5 teams, 56-46 P5 teams (.549)

Totals - 312-177 overall (.638), 16-0 FCS, 104-15 G5 teams (.874), 194-161 P5 teams (.546)

FCS - teams currently in the FCS, or in UT-Arlington's case currently don't have a football team.

G5 - teams currently in G5 conferences, such as Houston, Rice, and SMU. They were SWC foes, but are G5 teams now. Also includes teams that were in the FCS but now in the G5 like Monroe and North Texas. BYU and Army are also in this category

P5 - teams that are currently in P5 conferences, but might have played aggy while they were in a lesser conference or an Independent, i.e. Louisville. ND is in this category.

Have to laugh at fans that are crowing about winning 54% of their games against teams with similar talent levels.

Edited by HtownHorn

Texas during this same period.

1980s - 73-42 overall (.635), 0-0 FCS, 24-10 G5 (.706), 49-32 P5 (.605)

1990s - 74-44 overall (.627), 0-0 FCS, 23-2 G5 (.920), 52-40 P5 (.565)

2000s - 110-19 overall (.853), 1-0 FCS, 25-0 G5, 84-19 P5 (.816)

2010s - 71-57 overall (.555), 0-0 FCS, 14-2 G5 (.875), 57-55 P5 (.509)

Totals - 328-162 overall (.669), 1-0 FCS, 86-14 G5 (.860), 242-146 P5 (.624)

So during a period where supposedly aggy was better in 3 of the 4 segments, Texas has a better overall winning percentage, more wins, nearly 50 more P5 wins.

During this 40 year timeline, aggy had 8 seasons of 10+ wins, Texas had a string of 9 straight from 2001-2009

Only during the 90s did aggy have more P5 wins than Texas, a mere 6, and that was aggy best decade of the 4.

The biggest difference is that Texas played exactly 1 team that is currently classified as in the FCS in these 40 years, while aggy played 16.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

1980s - 71-44 overall (.617), 1-0 FCS, 31-10 G5 teams (.756), 39-35 P5 teams (.534)

1990s - 94-28 overall (.770), 1-0 FCS, 35-4 G5 teams (.897), 58-24 P5 teams (.707)

2000s - 63-59 overall (.516), 4-0 FCS, 18-1 G5 teams (.947), 41-57 P5 teams (.418)

2010s - 84-46 overall (.646), 10-0 FCS, 20-0 G5 teams, 56-46 P5 teams (.549)

Totals - 312-177 overall (.638), 16-0 FCS, 104-15 G5 teams (.874), 194-161 P5 teams (.546)

FCS - teams currently in the FCS, or in UT-Arlington's case currently don't have a football team.

G5 - teams currently in G5 conferences, such as Houston, Rice, and SMU. They were SWC foes, but are G5 teams now. Also includes teams that were in the FCS but now in the G5 like Monroe and North Texas. BYU and Army are also in this category

P5 - teams that are currently in P5 conferences, but might have played aggy while they were in a lesser conference or an Independent, i.e. Louisville. ND is in this category.

Have to laugh at fans that are crowing about winning 54% of their games against teams with similar talent levels.

They cheated their asses off in the 80s, and still were worse than Texas! 😂

HammLite on Banks ::

-I did a little more digging. I had heard a bit of the information yesterday when talking to a couple of people about him missing from both the open practice and spring game. While there is the possibility he changes his mind, I don't think that will happen. I have also now heard from a source closer to the Banks side of things that A&M likely isn't going to try too hard to convince him to stay.
-As I had posted in a reply on the other thread, Banks never really gelled with his teammates. He's a good kid but he was going home pretty much every weekend and he never gelled with his teammates. With him coming in before most of his class, he didn't really have an opportunity to spend a ton of time even getting to know them. It was a tough situation to be thrown in but I also don't think he did himself favors by not sticking around Aggieland on weekends.
-Though Banks will give Auburn a look as his best friend Dematrius Davis is there, I think him staying in Texas is more likely. TCU has a pair of former North Shore teammates in RB Zach Evans and CB Keeyon Stewart. Banks has apparently spoken to both about the Horned Frog program. He might be a better fit for that offense as well.
-So, to sum all this up, I don't expect Banks to take his name out of the portal and come back to Aggieland. TCU would be the favorite at the moment to land him.

"but I also don't think he did himself favors by not sticking around Aggieland on weekends."

He miss out on Bud light specials at the chicken? Saturday night bingo at the community center? aggy never has been very self aware, but lolz

On 4/29/2021 at 4:48 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

It began waaay before that. Farmer is better than benson. Sirr Parker is better than Ricky fucking Williams.  You can just keep going back and finding more. 

You would think with all these great players that they would win something once in awhile. 

I had an annoying aggy text me unprovoked last night attempting to bleat about the SEC, then he said aggy will have a "Bama Level Defense" this season. Best defense since the early 90s! Like that is saying something...

The Roller Coaster is in full incline right now. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I got a reprimand at Hornfans for calling him Japorkie. It was disrespectful. 

Where do think I learned the nickname?

I don't have a jihad against the old site, but they could be a little snippy sometimes. Finding Hornfans in '99 when I was in LA was one of the great discoveries of my life.

I know. Sad story, brah.

• Haha 1