ESPN GAME DAY

Steamboat1874

can't believe I am rooting for Notre Dame.
Never thought I would type that.....I guess I did this before when they played aggy but I was pretty drunk then and don't really remember.

Same. But I’ve resigned myself to cheering for whoever is playing against SECSECSEC. It’s the only way to change the bullshit

I’m not even a longhorn but when Bevo almost gored that bulldog, I was so fired up I ran into my car and was past Giddings when I thought to myself “wait...Tom Herman doesn’t need a 39yo overweight father of two to help him play Georgia, I better go back to my wife and kids”.  

Edited by Homercles
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Same. But I’ve resigned myself to cheering for whoever is playing against SECSECSEC. It’s the only way to change the bullshit

Ditto.

Only exception today is Tenn > Fla. Because fuck Fla forever and always, amen.

edit: well fuck me Fla just scored.

Edited by High Plains Drifter
Lets see what's on the other channel

27 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

A Tuck Fexas Horns down sign

Never change, corn aggy. 

In a way, UNL  are more pathetic in their butthurt than aggy.  I mean, we've been kicking the shit out of aggy since the 1800s, they've earned their bitch status.  UNL were only our bitches for less than 1 generation.  

I guess they always remember the ones who broke them.

13 minutes ago, Zavala said:

I fuckin hate that guy. What is he supposed to be anyway? The degenerate gambler inside of all of us is a fat down syndrome loser?

It's like anything else in sports. If some is good, more must be better. If college football is popular, imagine how much more popular it would be if our audience wasn't just college football diehards but EVERYBODY wanted to watch! We could recruit NFL-only types! So we gotta add some NFL-style features to the broadcast. Bring in a milquetoast Jimmy The Greek to talk about trivial notions related to the games and how he thinks that impacts the likelihood of one team winning.

That aspect of it drives me the most crazy-- the idea that "Team X is 0-6 in its last <game of this type> dating back to 1981"  is relevant info in trying to pick a winner. 1981, who fucking cares? What in the fuck difference does it make today what happened in <a game of this type> forty fuckin' years ago?

Oh and maybe if we have celebrities on to pick the big games, bitches of either gender will watch!

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Like 1

I wonder if in their Gameday prep meetings, if anyone is ever like "hey guys, maybe we skip the sad cancer story this week, on the otherwise lighthearted fun college football show? Like, maybe a Mike Leach segment or something? Because I don't know if anyone has noticed, but we sure talk a lot about cancer and death. Every week in fact."

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I wonder if in their Gameday prep meetings, if anyone is ever like "hey guys, maybe we skip the sad cancer story this week, on the otherwise lighthearted fun college football show? Like, maybe a Mike Leach segment or something? Because I don't know if anyone has noticed, but we sure talk a lot about cancer and death. Every week in fact."

Gotta pander to the suburban moms.

38 minutes ago, Zavala said:

I fuckin hate that guy. What is he supposed to be anyway? The degenerate gambler inside of all of us is a fat down syndrome loser?

Hey, Down Syndrome people can't help it, it's congenital.  Bear chooses to be an obese douche.  ESPN is the bitch for believing anyone wants to watch him.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

What in the fuck difference does it make today what happened in <a game of this type> forty fuckin' years ago?

Bingo.  Bama played Gata in Gainesville six times prior to 1991 and won them all.  The 1992 game story line was "Gators Winless at Home vs Bama."  Final score: Gata 35 - Bama 0, and it wasn't that close.   

• Haha 1

Just now, Bama Llama said:

Bingo.  Bama played Gata in Gainesville six times prior to 1991 and won them all.  The 1992 game story line was "Gators Winless at Home vs Bama."  Final score: Gata 35 - Bama 0, and it wasn't that close.   

Right. Recent trends can tell you something. Historical trends past about two full recruiting cycles don't mean much. Past a generation, it means literally nothing. Texas was beating Baylor 63-0 every year until suddenly we weren't. If someone was looking backwards trying to guess who was going to win our entirely predictable 2010 game against them, they have only their own dumb Bear-shaped ass to blame. 

2 hours ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

As a husker fan it has to be a little fucking sad to realize just how bad your school fucked you by going big 10. They literally do not have a single highlight since joining that conference. 

What about that one time they beat Ohio State???? Literally, that one time. Once. In 2011, when Ohio State's program basically took a sabbatical.

What do y’all think they do on 12 October?  Us and Oklahoma at 11 or Florida @ LSU at  6pm?   Just saw that ESPN picked that game up and FOX is doing our game so that may be the dealbreaker.  

What do y’all think they do on 12 October?  Us and Oklahoma at 11 or Florida @ LSU at  6pm?   Just saw that ESPN picked that game up and FOX is doing our game so that may be the dealbreaker.  

Doesn’t Florida play auburn this weekend? If they lose, then sure, game day most likely at the state fair. But if Florida wins, no doubt that game day is Florida vs LSU.

24 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Texas OU was on Fox last year and Gameday still made it. I think if it's two undefeated SEC teams, they're going to Baton Rouge. If Auburn wins, I could see them coming to the State Fair.