The Righteous Gemstones (HBO)

Pancho

Wanted to watch this when it came out but decided to wait until it got a few episodes in then forgot about it. Just remembered and watched the first episode yesterday and it was hilarious. 

So, without spoilering, does it get even better? Or at least stay solid? I saw it's about 3 episodes into season 2 right now

55 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Wanted to watch this when it came out but decided to wait until it got a few episodes in then forgot about it. Just remembered and watched the first episode yesterday and it was hilarious. 

So, without spoilering, does it get even better? Or at least stay solid? I saw it's about 3 episodes into season 2 right now

If you liked the first episode, you'll probably enjoy the rest.  Same type of humor throughout.  

6 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Yes and yes

ive decided to opt out this season.  watched the first two episodes and it's lost its luster for me.  cancelled all my dvr recordings.  danny mcbrides humor gets old.   every episode theres dialog between two people that goes like this:  "no i didnt".  "yes you did".  "no i didnt".  "yes you did".  or:  "i'm not a moron.  you're a moron".  "no, i'm not.  you're a moron".  "no, you're a moron".  "no, you're a moron".  it's asinine and a waste of my time.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Js1 said:

I would like to opt out of people who just show up to seek attention by telling us how much they hate X or Y.

Don't like it anymore? Don't post about it. 

Attention Seeker GIFs | Tenor

It is weird right?  There's plenty of TV out there for everyone.  Not everyone is gonna like everything.  Move on.

oh i get, you guys are under the impression this site is a circle jerk, where you can just ooh and aah over any subject and no one can disagree with you.  well man up.  this is a board to discuss topics.  you can love a restaurant and another poster can say it sucks.  same with bourbon or tv shows.   until danny mcbride can play a character other than danny mcbride i will withhold by respect for his acting or writing skills.   in the meantime, grow up and suck it.   bye felicia.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

oh i get, you guys are under the impression this site is a circle jerk, where you can just ooh and aah over any subject and no one can disagree with you.  well man up.  this is a board to discuss topics.  you can love a restaurant and another poster can say it sucks.  same with bourbon or tv shows.   until danny mcbride can play a character other than danny mcbride i will withhold by respect for his acting or writing skills.   in the meantime, grow up and suck it.   bye felicia.

mock-blah.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

31 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

image.gif.741bad610128baf6128a5242fade515c.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

ive decided to opt out this season.  watched the first two episodes and it's lost its luster for me.  cancelled all my dvr recordings.  danny mcbrides humor gets old.   every episode theres dialog between two people that goes like this:  "no i didnt".  "yes you did".  "no i didnt".  "yes you did".  or:  "i'm not a moron.  you're a moron".  "no, i'm not.  you're a moron".  "no, you're a moron".  "no, you're a moron".  it's asinine and a waste of my time.

you're a moron

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

you're dead to me

12 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

Don't come back until you fix your Shift key!

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

23 hours ago, mchookem said:

Judy is still funny as fuck! 🤣 and i kinda love McBride's delivery on everything. but it does seem a bit more...cartoonish than the first season. 

She's basically the female Danny McBride. Always hilarious to me. I'm a very simple man tho.

On 1/26/2022 at 8:05 PM, thrillhammer said:

you're felicia

9 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I guess this is the Christmas Special we didn't get in 2020 because of Covid? 

It wouldn't have made a lot of sense without this season, so probably not.  

I think the Christmas Special we were supposed to get that COVID ruined was supposed to bridge season 1 and the timejump for season 2 - i.e., Gideon and Jesse coming back from Haiti, Jesse and Amber reconciling, etc.