AP Top 25

TrashMaster G

4 hours ago, El Diablo said:

I'm not sure what TCU did that a few other schools didn't do. 25th? Okay, I guess so.

TCU has  only played two games so they're extra hard to read. That said, their defense just went on the road and held a Purdue team averaging 38 ppg and over 500ypg to 13 points and 204 yards, the only TD of which came in garbage time. That is a dominant performance in modern college football, especially given their own offense wasn't dominating the whole game. And it isn't like they just out-talent people. So early returns say TCU is again trotting out an upper echelon defense - shocker, I know. A nationally elite defense will keep you in every game on its own. Most schools don't have that.

Then you add the fact that they appear to be pretty good running the ball this year, so they have at least something going for them on offense, the total lack of which is what really did them in last year. A nationally elite defense with an offense that at least has a pulse will win you 8 games in a P5 league, which is usually enough to be right there at the bottom of the rankings. I think Texas actually matches up fairly well with them if that is indeed their profile but it doesn't mean they're not a tough out. 

13 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

So is "it sells clicks." Both are true statements. "It sells papers" has a much longer history of being true than "it sells clicks."

Stay in school, don't do drugs. We're all rooting for you. You can do it. 

I was initially asking a legitimate question, assuming you had some data to back you up, given your pretty remarkable claim that it sells “millions” of papers-not in some distant past, but now. 

You could have saved the snark, said, “Oh, I actually have nothing” and saved us this back and forth.

If you want to talk history, there’s a wonderful invention called the “television.” It beams news right into your house! Because of it, no one has had to buy a newspaper to see an AP poll for decades. I’m assuming the average person is intelligent enough to know that-you can draw your own conclusions as to what that indicates about you, assuming you’re capable of it.

Edited by formermav43

AP Top 25 - 9/22/2019

RK
TEAM
REC PTS
TREND
ClemsonClemson(55)
4-0 1543
-
AlabamaAlabama(6)
4-0 1485
-
GeorgiaGeorgia(1)
4-0 1400
-
LSULSU
4-0 1344
-
5 4-0 1288
6 3-0 1283
7 4-0 1169
8 3-0 1071
9 4-0 1022
-
10 2-1 989
11 3-1 968
12 3-0 848
13 3-1 839
14 3-0 714
15 4-0 547
16 4-0 524
17 3-1 498
18 4-0 430
19 3-1 426
20 2-1 287
USCUSC
3-1 257
NR
UCFUCF
3-1 252
23 2-2 233
24 3-0 230
NR
25 3-1 104
NR

Complete Rankings

Others receiving votes: Wake Forest 73, Oklahoma State 57, SMU 55, Army 46, Memphis 42, Iowa State 31, Appalachian State 24, Washington State 21, Mississippi State 14, Missouri 14, Pittsburgh 6, Minnesota 5, Arizona State 5, Colorado 5, Tulane 1

Dropped from rankings: Washington State 19, Arizona State 24, TCU 25

On 9/16/2019 at 10:46 AM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Just because some people like it old school doesn't make them stupid.  I am an old and very tech savvy, but I like sitting out on my back porch on Saturday morning drinking my coffee (not a latte covered in cinnamon and nutmeg, mocha frappuccino with an extra shot of whipped cream, or what ever other crap you millennials drink)and reading an actual newspaper that gets my fingers all black.

So you like shit coffee, congrats

15 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

They are basically guaranteeing SEC gets two teams this year. 

What a joke 

Only if they plan on taking a second SEC team with 2 losses. 

Aub has LSU, UGA and Bama, plus SEC CCG

Bama has LSU, AUB and CCG

UGA has AUB and CCG

LSU has AUB, Bama, and CCG

The chances of the #2 team in SEC  only having one loss this year is going to very rare. 

10 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Only if they plan on taking a second SEC team with 2 losses. 

Aub has LSU, UGA and Bama, plus SEC CCG

Bama has LSU, AUB and CCG

UGA has AUB and CCG

LSU has AUB, Bama, and CCG

The chances of the #2 team in SEC  only having one loss this year is going to very rare. 

unless AUB beats Georgia they are in.