"Miami @ Florida" thread - Official Surly Thread of WEEK 0 Dominance

immamac

9 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Ugly game. Florida should feel like idiots. When you have that kind of advantage DL over OL then you should have absolutely blown the opponent out. Terrible defensive playcalling for part of the game and absolutely boneheaded play in big spots was the only reason Miami was close.

you're forgetting about Franks....  please god, why can't I forget about Franks too?

• Haha 1

Just to think that the guy they started at LT actually beat out a veteran. Just about any JUCO or grad transfer would have performed better than what they put out there last night. Manny Diaz must come from the Charlie Strong “fuck it what can you do?” school of fixing glaring roster holes. 

15 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Props to Diaz for hanging in there. This should have been a blowout.

Or maybe Florida sucks. Not sure since august.

Florida is great, maybe not #8 great but they are too 15 for sure. Franks is a choke artist though. 

Dan Mullen is 1-0 vs Miami, great game for recruiting Florida. Fuck Manny _iaz. Props for "playing em close" lol

Or maybe Florida sucks. Not sure...

Well, our dbs tackle well and our qb is clutch. fml

Shit show of a cripple fight game. We deserved to lose to an unranked team with a freshman O-line.

My four loss prediction does not look so crazy now, does it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poor bastards

What a shit stadium. Worse than I remembered. No way to get in and out of that monstrosity.

And their scoreboard graphics software is 1990s bad. Thank God the qbs had no game clock to help them. Canes had like 5 delay of games and blew several time outs.

What a shit stadium. Worse than I remembered. No way to get in and out of that monstrosity.

And their scoreboard graphics software is 1990s bad. Thank God the qbs had no game clock to help them. Canes had like 5 delay of games and blew several time outs.

There were a few times the play clock graphic on the field and the on screen scoreboard weren't in sync with each other...maybe week 0 games need more crappy teams so they have another week to work out kinks

1 minute ago, Gatorubet said:

Lol it wasn't that bad, just disorganized. People were waiting for an hour in a line to nowhere instead of just mobbing in. They did have half the gates closed or behind the fan experience thing though, and zero planning to get people organized and in fast. We got beers and walked to our seats just before the teams ran out. Miami fans are hilarious. After the game "yeah y'all gonna lose to LSU and Georgia and Bama though!"

Lol it wasn't that bad, just disorganized. People were waiting for an hour in a line to nowhere instead of just mobbing in. They did have half the gates closed or behind the fan experience thing though, and zero planning to get people organized and in fast.

Dunno man. I was with some old guys with bad knees and the obesity, and thought they weren’t gonna survive the walk to the next county to get an Uber ride. The streets were all closed so nobody could get to you.

Amazed at the lack of post-game fights. We were both too demoralized to be douchey.

18 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Fewer co-cane fan blathering about ducking:not including them on the schedule every year. That is worth something at least.

I live in S. Florida and that first Canes loss is a real quality of life improvement, so I guess you're right

. After the game "yeah y'all gonna lose to LSU and Georgia and Bama though!"

Probably not a lie unless there is huge improvement. Mullen is a good coach though. They will figure it out in a few more years and the cocktail party will be the deciding game again to go to Atlanta.

On edit, I guess it already is, because sec lEast

2 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Probably not a lie unless there is huge improvement. Mullen is a good coach though. They will figure it out in a few more years and the cocktail party will be the deciding game again to go to Atlanta.

On edit, I guess it already is, because sec lEast

If we lose to Bama that means things haven't gone completely pear shaped.

2 hours ago, Deej said:

This game is pushing aggy roller coaster up the tracks...

https://gigemgazette.com/2019/08/25/texas-am-football-aggies-jump-florida/amp/

Last night, Florida indeed looked overrated.     But this is total (and typical) aggy delusion. I hope Clemson dumps fifty on them.   

Edited by Nueces River Rat