Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

I think Warde is gone within the year even if Harbaugh goes. They need to get a new AD in to figure out NIL and make coaching moves. Michigan has been a mess these past few years. 

Lost coach that took the team to the college WS. Went to Clemson.

Lost Hockey coach who went to 3 frozen 4s in 5 years due to scandal.

Football team investigations, unable to lock harbaugh in long term.

What ever the fuck is going on with the basketball team. 

Need someone to come in and right the ship

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man I can’t wait to see what our rings look like. Is it stupid as a fan to buy a nice replica?? I’m a memorabilia collector and would love to add it to my collection or frame it with my so to be signed Corum jersey. Still in la la land dudes! We fucking won the natty! 

on Jim no one knows shit but Warde is a fuck head and should be shown the door

3 hours ago, Not a cat said:

The ship that won a football national championship literally just 2 weeks ago?  That ship?

I thought Texas fans were entitled, but damn.

The ship of having all your successful coaches bail on you. That is problematic. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

54 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

man I can’t wait to see what our rings look like. Is it stupid as a fan to buy a nice replica?? I’m a memorabilia collector and would love to add it to my collection or frame it with my so to be signed Corum jersey. Still in la la land dudes! We fucking won the natty! 

on Jim no one knows shit but Warde is a fuck head and should be shown the door

I believe you can buy the real thing. I think (not 100% sure) that rings couldn't be over a certain modest amount (something like $350?) since they were a gift. So they are essentially like a class ring instead of having diamonds, etc.

I believe you can buy the real thing. I think (not 100% sure) that rings couldn't be over a certain modest amount (something like $350?) since they were a gift. So they are essentially like a class ring instead of having diamonds, etc.

This is correct.

According to NCAA rules, the National Championship rings cannot exceed $415 in value

You can get an exact copy it just will say wolverines in the place reserved for the players name.

As weird as this sounds the BWWs in Ann Arbor has been selling 1997 rings for as long as I have worked in Ann Arbor. 10ish years.

They just have them at the counter. I think they are $400 so probably what the cost was back in the day.

32 minutes ago, Juicy said:

This is correct.

According to NCAA rules, the National Championship rings cannot exceed $415 in value

You can get an exact copy it just will say wolverines in the place reserved for the players name.

As weird as this sounds the BWWs in Ann Arbor has been selling 1997 rings for as long as I have worked in Ann Arbor. 10ish years.

They just have them at the counter. I think they are $400 so probably what the cost was back in the day.

Really? That’s really stupid lol but I think I may snag one 

On 1/22/2024 at 9:14 AM, Juicy said:

I think Warde is gone within the year even if Harbaugh goes. They need to get a new AD in to figure out NIL and make coaching moves. Michigan has been a mess these past few years. 

Lost coach that took the team to the college WS. Went to Clemson.

Lost Hockey coach who went to 3 frozen 4s in 5 years due to scandal.

Football team investigations, unable to lock harbaugh in long term.

What ever the fuck is going on with the basketball team. 

Need someone to come in and right the ship

On 1/22/2024 at 10:30 AM, Not a cat said:

The ship that won a football national championship literally just 2 weeks ago?  That ship?

I thought Texas fans were entitled, but damn.

22 hours ago, Juicy said:

The ship of having all your successful coaches bail on you. That is problematic. 

Michigan fans:

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

Losing Minter with Harbaugh is really going to sting.

This. I’m going to be sad. This is what I was most worried about this shit and the strength coach. Both probably gone. Moore the OC is going to be the guy. Hope he’s a good one. Thanks for the natty Jim and I hope you get a SB

^ Damn skippy.

Doesn't matter. Had national title.

1 minute ago, Bogeywon said:

This. I’m going to be sad. This is what I was most worried about this shit and the strength coach. Both probably gone. Moore the OC is going to be the guy. Hope he’s a good one. Thanks for the natty Jim and I hope you get a SB

I'd be very surprised if Herbert left. He's a college guy through and through, likes to mold players, and a lot of NFL guys have their own programs.

On 1/22/2024 at 7:02 AM, choripan said:

It's a trust issue.

SF did him dirty the first time around when he was a winner there.

Here at M, Warde the AD has been shit from a support standpoint, NIL is lacking institutional support ("transformational, not transactional" wtf), and he got hosed on the SELF-IMPOSED 3 game suspension at the beginning of the season (wtf, your AD should fight *for* you, not backstab you) and the big ten's 3 gamer (your conference should fight *for* you, see the SEC and countless scandals like cam newton). And the NCAA has jumped way past any precedent with him, especially when it comes to leaks.

So he can't trust his AD or conference, and the NCAA has been unusually aggressive with him..I'd want out, too.

And he had similar issues with the 9ers in the past.

He's also a weirdo, so it's not all external, too.

But in any case, it makes sense to stay at M if he can't get contractual security/assurances from an NFL team because he can probably win the power struggle with Warde/the AD if he stays. Shiny penny says that if Jimmy comes back, Warde is gone within 6 months 

Harbaugh got screwed huh...that's hilarious 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2024 at 7:02 AM, choripan said:

It's a trust issue.

SF did him dirty the first time around when he was a winner there.

Here at M, Warde the AD has been shit from a support standpoint, NIL is lacking institutional support ("transformational, not transactional" wtf), and he got hosed on the SELF-IMPOSED 3 game suspension at the beginning of the season (wtf, your AD should fight *for* you, not backstab you) and the big ten's 3 gamer (your conference should fight *for* you, see the SEC and countless scandals like cam newton). And the NCAA has jumped way past any precedent with him, especially when it comes to leaks.

So he can't trust his AD or conference, and the NCAA has been unusually aggressive with him..I'd want out, too.

And he had similar issues with the 9ers in the past.

He's also a weirdo, so it's not all external, too.

But in any case, it makes sense to stay at M if he can't get contractual security/assurances from an NFL team because he can probably win the power struggle with Warde/the AD if he stays. Shiny penny says that if Jimmy comes back, Warde is gone within 6 months 

tumblr_nyq6zlvwZb1qbvi8yo1_250.gif tumblr_nyq6zlvwZb1qbvi8yo2_250.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 1/22/2024 at 2:26 PM, FirstTimeCaller said:

I don’t know how it varies school to school, but I know a few guys that collect Texas rings and they start in the four figures with the more desirable ones hitting five figures. 

• Like 1

The issue with him was always he wears out his welcome in 4 or 5 years because he’s a weirdo asshole. I doubt he wants to coach much longer than that anyway and LA has most of the pieces to win quickly. 

Edited by 4th&Five

5 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

The issue with him was always he wears out his welcome in 4 or 5 years because he’s a weirdo asshole. I doubt he wants to coach much longer than that anyway and LA has most of the pieces to win quickly. 

Weird asshole gonna asshole weirdly. Cogent analysis.

23 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

You don't think he comes home to tell the team, or does he just call Warde and say AMF (or call Santa and say ONO)

He will come back and tell the team for sure, but unfortunately with the way NFL reporters are these days someone will leak it if they finalize a deal. 

Looks like he is staying.

Michigan going to make him the highest paid coach by an enormous amount, also giving him a clause that he can not be fired for cause for the current ncaa investigations.

Unable to come to terms with the chargers on who Harbaugh would directly report to.

Back in Ann Arbor today and reportedly telling staff get your passports ready for the spring trip.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Juicy said:

Looks like he is staying.

Michigan going to make him the highest paid coach by an enormous amount, also giving him a clause that he can not be fired for cause for the current ncaa investigations.

Unable to come to terms with the chargers on who Harbaugh would directly report to.

Back in Ann Arbor today and reportedly telling staff get your passports ready for the spring trip.

Sounds like Michigan wishcasting from their insiders. 

Harbaugh's driving force looks to be a deep-seated desire to be taken as seriously as he takes himself. Adulation and money are decent indicators, but working with others who have allowed him to be disrespected by fools like the NCAA and his own AD is not acceptable.

If Chargerama kisses his ass hard enough, long enough, and deeply enough, he likely takes on the Bolts project. We'll see, anon.

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Sounds like Michigan wishcasting from their insiders. 

After all the smoke yesterday about his second interview, and his family being in LA with him, I said if he comes back to Michigan without a contact in place with the Chargers, I think he stays. 

He is back in the building. If the Chargers really wanted him, he would be their coach today. If it was a flake on their part by deciding that maybe Crazy Jimmy isn't their guy, or if it was a flake on Harbaugh by him saying, I won't work for any of these people only these people (hands a list) we may never know. 

Jimmy isn't some up and coming coordinator, you don't need a 3rd interview with him if you know he is your guy, also if you know he is your guy, you don't let him leave the building without hammering out that contract. 

Could he still go to LA? Yeah for sure. But I feel a heck of a lot better about him staying today than I did for the past few weeks. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Juicy said:

These were the revised terms he was offered today. Previously they had not been included. 

• Contract would make Harbaugh the highest paid coach in college football.
  • Elevator clauses to ensure Harbaugh remains the highest paid coach in college football
  • immunity from termination for two current NCAA investigations (this is similar to the provision in Bill self’s contract excerpted below)

10 minutes ago, Juicy said:

He was literally just live in Schembechler Hall. So yeah. Sure about that. Pretty much the textbook definition of "back in the building" 

If Harbaugh was anywhere "live" today it would be all over, not just behind a paywall on some michigan site.

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan