2018 - Elections and Trends

atomheartbevo

I think there’s a debate between Gillum and Detrumpis tonight on CNN. I hope Gillum is ready because Detrumpis is going to try and make him look like a “scary” far left radical. Hopefully he has a good answer prepared for wanting to impeach President trump because that’s probably his most controversial viewpoint.

I'm just spitballing here and going based on gut feeling, but I live (although moving tomorrow) in GA-06 where Ossoff ran that insanely expensive campaign last year. Turnout in this district for a runoff in a special election was 58%, that to me seems like a real possibility and would absolutely smash the highest turnout percent in the fifty years. 58% is disgustingly low for such an important election, but I'm guessing the GOP would be proper fucked all over the country if we hit those levels.

2 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Those turnout numbers in NV are starting to set off a wave tingle for me.  That’s insane in an off year.

A lot of experts are rightly pointing out that a lot of these people were day-of voters in 2014, but the really good thing we're at least seeing in Georgia hold is that ~30% of voters did not vote in 2014.

22 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

A lot of experts are rightly pointing out that a lot of these people were day-of voters in 2014, but the really good thing we're at least seeing in Georgia hold is that ~30% of voters did not vote in 2014.

So are we back to thinking heller survives?

that would be a big letdown.

early voting starts tomorrow in Travis Country. GO VOTE!!!

Travis County Early Voting Locations at the link.

http://traviscountyclerk.org/eclerk/content/images/polling_locations/pdf_tc_elections_2018.11.06_G18EarlyVotingSitesFlyer.pdf

2018 Early Voting begins Monday, Oct 22 and ends Friday, Nov 2

Edited by yoladu
  • Like 4

Here's an interesting question: if you had to pick just one , which would you rather have - the Florida Governor's office or the Florida Senate seat?

As a Florida resident, Governor. Understand the rest of the country wanting to get closer to flipping Senate, though.

16 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Here's an interesting question: if you had to pick just one , which would you rather have - the Florida Governor's office or the Florida Senate seat?

If it means the Democrats win the Senate then Senate. Otherwise, Governor 

50 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

The governor race in Florida is the crown jewel this year regardless of circumstances. The Dems haven’t had the governor’s mansion since the 1990’s. Ugly cue ball rick Scott did all he could to prevent Obama from winning Florida in 2012. He put tons of voting machines in republican counties / precincts while he made black people in Miami want in line for 3-4 hours. Trump loves the state of Florida and if Gillum wins he would make trumps life miserable in that state. The Florida govenor race is huge and I really want Gillum to win.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Just tuned into the Gillum-Desantis debate and Gillum is wiping the floor with trump's bottom.  Missed the first 30 minutes though.

Very heated debate, but I think Gillum is doing better. Should be interesting to see what most of the pundits think tho.

18 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Just tuned into the Gillum-Desantis debate and Gillum is wiping the floor with trump's bottom.  Missed the first 30 minutes though.

Haha, that was awesome. Gillum doesn't fuck around. DeSantis looked like a child that just got cussed out for an hour. 

7 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

You could watch this on mute, and it would tell the whole story. Compare the body language and facial expressions...lulz. 

i just did and it looked like desantis was trying to choke down the urge to call Gilllum a nagger. Also choking down vomit.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Gillum vs. DeSantis is what happens when sincere conviction meets disingenuous fear-mongering. The latter folds pretty easily.  We need more Gillums. 

This.  Use a polite tone but be firm and don't let them get away with the false equivalency.  

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

If the governor has any influence over the Florida electoral votes, I'll take governor.  Without Florida, Trump's path to re-election becomes awfully narrow.

The biggest influence on future Florida elections for 2018 will be if 1.5 million felons get their right to vote back. It will make it a lot tougher for Republicans to win a statewide race.

Faint praise indeed, and it may not be enough, but it won’t be for lack of effort. As far as I’m concerned, his campaign needs to be the model for rebuilding the TDP.

Agreed. I have a ton of praise for him and his campaign. I hope he wins, it’s to personal for me to go into the election without reservation.

@Bozo_Casanova re. Gillum and the TDP. 

Did you read Schutze this week? The link I posted about "some regulars" that want Beto to give some cash to other people? And the next one of Felder and the shitshow of Dallas City Council? He's been on record as being squarely against the North Dallas sends money to South Dallas so they continue to vote against their own interests. yes, let's be sure to shut down the people that hire homeless folks because they might be party to another's campaign. Unless and until that shit stops, full stop and no more JWP ever, no more Dawanna Dukes, no more Eddie Bernice and handing out money to undeserving and non-existent work we will continue to be the stepandfetchit party. And it is going to have to be a sea change. The pulpits must cease to endorse men and women that have only their own bank accounts in mind.

until then it is every man to his own tent/campaign