Bob Cole - We need a Banner

MirrOlure

I have a friend whose brother is a veterinarian (yeah, agi, but no alternative there, huh?) and has a minor specialty of vocal-cord nicking to prevent barking. I'm thinking if we can get a handful of roofies or bath salts in Cole's drinks, he can be led into a back room, and it's a done deal.
agi? above ground isotope?

Wtf are you talking about?

Are you on dope?
  • Like 1

Best of both worlds was Kern Tips on the air waves for SWC action and Wally in the Press Box for the Horns.  They enticed the crowd to listen rather than just hear noise from the PA system.  Ability to deliver great game color, play-by-play, and possess football acumen needed for 100K plus crowds....improves the total game experience IMHO.
Goddamn right!

I met Bob Cole during the winter of ‘79-‘80, around the time he won Country Music DJ of the Year (or some shit) and moved out East (DC area?). I was a bartender at the Silver Dollar, and his station sponsored a series of performers at the Dollar. He was as round as a bowling ball then, but landed a gig as spokesman for some weight loss program and lost/gained/lost a ton.

I liked fat Bob Cole. He seemed different after losing his figure and moving out East (DC area?) for a year or two.

Doesn’t matter. He’s sucked for over 25 years at UT.

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

And what the fuck is this kernkraft 400 by zombie nation shit after turnovers?

Fucking hell we get a turnover and I'm expecting Texas Fight as God intended and the pa is playing the shit song that fucking UCF uses for kickoff? JESUS FUCKING SHIT DICKS WHO THOUGHT THAT PLAYING THAT LAME ASS HORSESHIT WAS A GOOD IDEA?!?!

DID THEY LET THAT FUCKING MORON SWANNY PICK WHAT IT WOULD LIKE TO HEAR AFTER A TURNOVER?

YO CDC THAT SHIT NEEDS TO STOP RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!

• Like 3

Bought a single to the West Virginia game last year, sitting upper deck East side. 4-5 guys that had gone to WV were in town for the game and to see Austin. They were all in their 40s, not obnoxious and from PA and NY. Good banter started quick and the game wasn't even 5 minutes old when the one sitting next to me said,  ....everything you guys do is done right, but "what is up with the stripper PA announcer?" 

That asshole, and his fake, folksy , bullshit has also ruined the experience at the Disch.

Edited by BillyGoatHill
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, scottsins said:

My biggest complaint.  I've been told by someone deep "in the know" that that stuff is basically scripted, which seems weird and hard to believe.

That's no secret. CDC mentioned before the 2018 season how they cut down the "script" by a huge percentage compared to what it was under the previous regimes.

18 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

outsider perspective, galindo is shit, whoever announces with him is shit as well.  Get some fucking communications students up there instead it would be difficult to do worse than they already are.  Galindo is the Kyler Murray of broadcasting.

Maybe Cole and Galindo are part of the BOMC. 

30 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

I miss the weekly Bill Little articles/Mack brown apologists’ newsletter, with irrelevant stories so bizarre you’d think it was satire, or that Little was stoned, or you were. 

They certainly had their “I totally wanna fuck you, bro- but not in a gay way” vibe

17 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

He also annoys the visiting team’s fans? 

See my post above.....#67

17 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

I am ok with his voice....it's what he says and how he says it that needs fixing...imho.

No. Nope. Nada.

16 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

I can’t stand his voice. It’s literally the worst part. So over produced sounding and generic

^This. Douche bag needs to quit thinking he is back being the DJ in the strip club.  

Edited by BillyGoatHill

On 9/2/2019 at 7:51 AM, Armybrat said:

CDC got rid of that clown weatherman, so what’s taking him so long with Bozo Cole?

Well, he owns the radio station that is the flagship of the Longhorn radio network.  I'm not saying it qualifies him to be a PA announcer, but there is a business relationship with The University to navigate if you want to take the mic away from him.

5 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Well, he owns the radio station that is the flagship of the Longhorn radio network.  I'm not saying it qualifies him to be a PA announcer, but there is a business relationship with The University to navigate if you want to take the mic away from him.

Let Cole keep a mic.  Just relocate him to that new Midway area.   Match made in Heaven. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Red Five said:

They should let Bucky do it.

If you mean take the mic away from Bob, fine.  If you mean be the PA announcer, f that.  75% of everything that comes out of his mouth is stupid.

12 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Let Cole keep a mic.  Just relocate him to that new Midway area.   Match made in Heaven. 

Perfect.

49 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

He owns a very small part of it.  

Maybe a frozen turkey can be dropped on him.