Kevin Hart badly hurt in a car wreck

AUS-97HORN

article is talking about major back injuries.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/09/01/kevin-hart-car-accident-malibu-off-road-passengers-trapped/

I know he's not everyone's fav, but he does pretty well with the short comedian stick.

I hope he can continue to be a stand-up comedian, but it doesnt sound good right now

I can’t see how anyone can’t hate Kevin - Even if you dislike his comedy/acting, which is totally valid, dude is the hardest working man in showbiz right up there with The Rock and Seacrest, and I simply can’t knock that hustle!

He also gives a TON back in terms of charity and his time so I’m pulling for him.

1970 'Cuda with a new Hellcat engine. The top was crushed. The other two people in the car were trapped by the caved in roof & had to be extricated by fire crews who removed the roof. Hart apparently was able to crawl out of the car to a neighboring house.

The girl was apparently ok. The guy driving also reportedly had 'major back injuries'. Not sure how severe anyone's injuries are. The reports are sketchy and sometimes contradictory. There are reports Hart was taken to the hospital, and other reports that he was picked up by an SUV in his security detail and driven home, where he sought medical attention. Seems like it might not have been too severe if that's the case, but who knows.

Shit can get real, real quick, in a car with that much power. If you have one, don't let your friends drive it.

622044.jpg

kevin-hart-crash_1450.jpg

EDZz9yvVUAAQpPf?format=jpg&name=largeKevin-Hart-1970-Hellcat-Plymouth-Barracu

EDZz-4RUUAA5EdC?format=jpg&name=large

EDZ0BDAUYAAc0lf?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by wood

12 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Maybe it was cut out but shame on the custom shop that didn’t put in a roll bar. 

Probably not. We're only concerned with cutting/removing what we have to to get people out safely and quickly. Probably couldn't cut a hardened roll bar (at least not very quickly) & it probably would take too much time to remove it otherwise ... unless it was absolutely necessary to remove it to get the passengers out.

There's a growing trend of just removing the roof instead of a door or doors, as it's often quicker and gives us access to the whole passenger compartment. You'll probably see more and more cars looking like this one in the aftermath of an accident where there are pinned or entrapped patients.

Edited by wood
  • Like 2

https://leftlanenews.com/2019/09/01/kevin-hart-injured-in-plymouth-barracuda-rollover-crash/

A member of Hart's security team reportedly arrived at the scene and took him home, though he was eventually taken to a hospital. The driver is said to have required an airlift to a nearby hospital, while the third passenger did not require hospital treatment.

The classic muscle car had been custom built by Speedkore and powered by a modern tuned Hellcat V8.

Yeah if I were worth millions driving/riding a car with 1970s structural integrity and a modern 700+hp drivetrain...I’d have had the best roll cage money could buy installed.

One link said no alcohol detected in the driver but I agree with neonmoon that KH got whisked away to ditch blow/whatever and get away from police inquiry...said it was like 1am so I doubt they were out on a relaxing sober drive 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Do most people go home after a crash in which on of the occupants gets air lifted to a hospital?

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Yeah...you leave the scene of an accident when your friend might be dying next to you. Cool guy

I guess you need to get rid of the coke 

He may have done that, but we don't know the timeline. There probably weren't that many people there who saw what happened after the crash, & the reports are sketchy & pretty vague.

It's not at all uncommon for people to refuse treatment on the scene because they don't feel that bad and think they aren't seriously injured ... but then they feel the effects later and go to the hospital. He may have left the scene straight away, or he may have stayed til his friends were freed and his buddy was transported, then went home, then went to the hospital later as the firefighters and paramedics on scene would definitely have recommended to him.

dude makes $50 million got damn dollars a year for being America's crazy black comedian -- formerly Christian Tucker, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor.

Of these 4, Eddie is the best, Pryor was ok imo not that great by himself -- better when paired with Wilder.

Edited by NowThis

16 minutes ago, NowThis said:

dude makes $50 million got damn dollars a year for being America's crazy black comedian -- formerly Christian Tucker, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor.

Of these 4, Eddie is the best, Pryor was ok imo not that great by himself -- better when paired with Wilder.

161112-wilstein-snl-chappelle-2-tease_rk

42 minutes ago, NowThis said:

Um, no. 

Just one of many clips I could use to prove you wrong:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NowThis said:

Such a bad take.  Eddie was great and could still be if he didn’t want to give up his occasional easy Disney money.   Richard Pryor is so far and away better it’s hilarious.  

• Like 3