Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

2 minutes ago, mrhorn said:

Wasn’t there a tweet today that someone wanted to save their commitment for Sark After Dark?

I feel like people are reading way too much into every tweet. I read that as her saying Billy Walton was one of the Sark After Dark guys the past couple nights ('people wanted a commit to announce, here you are')

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Standish 

Spoiler

I asked a friend on the board for help putting together three questions that the fanbase wants answered right now. If you don’t like the three questions he chose feel free to volunteer for the next time in the comments below with some questions of your own.

Question No. 1: What are your thoughts on the class size for Texas in the 2023 cycle?

This one is a bit of combined sourcing and speculation but what I’ve heard / thought is that the Horns are going to be ultra aggressive to stack numbers in this class with Arch Manning acting as a bell cow recruiter. Texas continuing to stay aggressive on the offensive line to potentially add another priority tackle is some proof of concept that the Horns aren’t content with numbers even though we heard all spring four was a safe number at OL. On offense think they’ll take one more RB, two more at WR, one more at OT, and a flex spot for best available.

Defense is a different and the numbers are a bit muddy with so many different priority targets still on the board. Best guess at the moment would be 26-28, but I could see myself shaking my head at this answer in six months.

Question No. 2: Who could be the next to commit?

As I mentioned today I still feel good about Johntay Cook eventually becoming a Longhorn, but his timeline has fluctuated recently so that isn’t a sure hit even though it would be my best guess at the moment.

I’ve seen a lot of guesses that Malik Muhammad will be next and his cryptic tweet from late tonight had twitter spamming “eye emojis” on the timeline, but my sourcing still backs what I reported in The Huddle. Which is, Muhammad is still on pace for a late summer decision in either late July or early August.

Question No. 3: Any update on the new offensive tackle offer?

I reached out to East St. Louis (IL) OT Miles McVay but haven’t heard back from the 6-foot-6, 358-pounder yet. I did watch the film though and his body composition and play style really reminded me of Duncanville 2022 OT Cam Williams.

COMMENTS
Flood made Williams a major priority in the 2022 cycle and even when the Duncanville OT committed to Oregon early in the process, Flood recruited through the whistle and eventually got his guy (along with every other one of his guys).

My thoughts are the extremely early positive returns on Big Cam have made Flood double down on the #BigHumans philosophy and that will be the primary strategy moving forward as he big game hunts for the last tackle to add to the 2023 class.

2 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Having too much faith in any recruiting outcome until the paperwork is signed, is actually playing yourself.

shizzzz even after the paperwork is signed.... now they just portal... excitement level 0 these days.