Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Get your shit together, Mitch. We’ve had cheaters kicking sand in our collective face for 15 years when it comes to the OL and the shitty results have followed. Now isn’t the time to start feeling conflicted. Fuck. 

thanks

3 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Cedric Baxter, Toviano and Hill?  Hicks would be a nice surprise.  

I think one of the defenders is Gullette. Think the offense is Baxter, but wonder if it’s Hale (they were at future 50 together)

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Generally a fan of Gerry, but this (seemingly) is a pretty dick move.

Just cause he was the first one? All these other 995ers changed their picks, and I doubt it was from when they saw Gerry’s pick and based on what they were hearing

5 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

agreed. really hoping its just a miscommunication. Gerry, from my understanding has been willing to hold news on commitments at the request of the kid.

Clearly he didnt get it from Kirkland, someone else leaked it. Maybe another recruit or coach.

Yeah, the fact Kirkland never once spoke to Gerry makes it even more understandable. Kirkland should be mad at the leak in his camp who told Gerry, not Gerry himself (or maybe Gerry got his info from the Texas side). How was he supposed to know what the kid did and didn’t want when he never once spoke to him..

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 4

Just now, BornAndRaised said:

refresh me? dm me? don't make me scroll back I already spend enough time scrolling through twitter...

I think ctj was just wild-ass-guessing, but maybe there was some smoke, when he said that Malik was gonna commit and Jayvon Thomas would flip. 

Just now, Hornlover said:

I think ctj was just wild-ass-guessing, but maybe there was some smoke, when he said that Malik was gonna commit and Jayvon Thomas would flip. 

Thanks, I remember that I just wasn't sure if I had missed another chapter. Would be a melt down for the ages though.

4 minutes ago, hadtoaddresssometingisaw said:

You are a bitch. Is that your handle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

Yeah, so you can

1wUU.gif

Eh, shoulda been "Paid a Ton", but otherwise not sure what nerve I struck. I'm excited that we're finally able to compete against the bags with legal NIL money. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

How was he supposed to know what the kid did and didn’t want when he never once spoke to him..

Well, he could’ve just spoken to him.

And maybe he tried, we won’t know until Gerry responds. But your proposed problem isn’t much of a problem, these guys talk to kids like Kirkland for a living.

14 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Well, he could’ve just spoken to him.

And maybe he tried, we won’t know until Gerry responds. But your proposed problem isn’t much of a problem, these guys talk to kids like Kirkland for a living.

There’s no need for Gerry to respond. He got his intel, put in a prediction based on that intel and the kid was mad that the secret got out. 

A 9.95er shouldn’t have to contact a kid before putting in a crystal ball.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I’m not the only person who can say this here but I do feel like

Adam Sandler Adult Humor GIF

First im thinking, he hasnt seen the movie, and doesn't realize hes owning a bunch of elementary school kids. 

But then i realize,  he might not be too far off base at that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/20/2022 at 3:00 PM, Hookem2147 said:

Hamilton has been doing this forever. I have a hard time believing he would do something against a kids wishes or burn a bridge.

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

There’s no need for Gerry to respond. He got his intel, put in a prediction based on that intel and the kid was mad that the secret got out. 

A 9.95er shouldn’t have to contact a kid before putting in a crystal ball.

So which one is it?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

If this does go down I hope it’s a Friday afternoon. That way I can witness the collective shitting of themselves in the office and bounce before it becomes a texags echo chamber. 

It sounds like the kid just found out recently that his mother was moving to Houston and that changed his recruitment. It's probably one reason for the sudden change of heart.

Miami has one five star OT committed, an IOL ranked #439 (6-3, 300) and another OT not ranked/#172 in the state of Florida. Perhaps they are going to land another top-ranked kid, but that's not filling up at the position. With that said, Cristobal has no issue paying whatever it takes and he's a great offensive line coach, so he can definitely pick and choose. You usually don't buy the 250th ranked player in the country.

I'm sure NIL helped, but this doesn't sound like a money bag. The kid has been recruited by our staff for years and he knows Arch Manning. Texas had enough ties into this recruitment to just win it outright. 

He has some serious upside, if he works hard at it.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

Not that it matters, just mentioning as a tidbit.

But if I remember correct, the Dr. Phillips area of Orlando is/was upper middleclass / maybe lower upperclass and beyond.

Not too far from Disneyworld.

Dr Phillips is McMansionland. Advantage aggy