What's going on with this DNI Whistleblower ?

triplehorn

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

On the debate stage, on the campaign trail, in every form of public discourse, Biden is better suited to, metaphorically or literally, jam his finger into Trunp's chest and say "Go fuck yourself." As unfair as it is, men can get away with doing and saying things that women can't. Biden can call Trump a pussy. Warren can't. I think it might take someone who's willing and able to call Trump a pussy. Ideally, to his face. 

Yeah, I don’t agree but I’m biased.  Trump walked all over the male competition in the GOP debates.  Biden is soft compared to Warren IMO.   Her campaign priority it confronting corruption and calling it out.  Even GOP strategists acknowledge Warren is a more formidable debate opponent for Trump. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

On the debate stage, on the campaign trail, in every form of public discourse, Biden is better suited to, metaphorically or literally, jam his finger into Trunp's chest and say "Go fuck yourself." As unfair as it is, men can get away with doing and saying things that women can't. Biden can call Trump a pussy. Warren can't. I think it might take someone who's willing and able to call Trump a pussy. Ideally, to his face. 

...have you watched Joe in any of the primary debates so far? He's more likely to have both his eyeballs explode then do what you think he's going to do.

• Like 3

It started with Bentsen and the "I knew Jack Kennedy" bit.  That was so soul crushing that it is all people look for now.  I remember my dad -- who has a Ph.D. -- getting more joy out of someone saying 'you can't fix stupid' from some military guy to a reporter in some political context than any reasoned argument he's ever heard.  Trump's "because you'd be in jail" which led to an Arsenio Hall style whooping from the crowd probably made him president.  That's what debates are for now.  Just trying to get in some Hollywood action movie line, and it fires up millions of people when you do it.

3 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

It started with Bentsen and the "I knew Jack Kennedy" bit.  That was so soul crushing that it is all people look for now.  I remember my dad -- who has a Ph.D. -- getting more joy out of someone saying 'you can't fix stupid' from some military guy to a reporter in some political context than any reasoned argument he's ever heard.  Trump's "because you'd be in jail" which led to an Arsenio Hall style whooping from the crowd probably made him president.  That's what debates are for now.  Just trying to get in some Hollywood action movie line, and it fires up millions of people when you do it.

I think the expectation for zingers started after this.

CorruptBigheartedBedlingtonterrier-size_

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, I don’t agree but I’m biased.  Trump walked all over the male competition in the GOP debates.  Biden is soft compared to Warren IMO.   Her campaign priority it confronting corruption and calling it out.  Even GOP strategists acknowledge Warren is a more formidable debate opponent for Trump. 

I don't think his racist Pocahontas digs will play well with a lot of women. 

3 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I think it is his only play.  He has to have a nickname in order to win, and it's too late to change course to something else.

That's my point...he will use it, because he can't help himself, and it will turn off a lot of swing voters.

36 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Bingo.  Throw out the conventional wisdom.   Trump won by disrupting the conventional wisdom.  Set aside all preconceptions about what kind of person you think voters want and ask yourself, who actually has the strongest message against Trump?   Is it really Biden, with his tired, "C'mon!   This is a buncha malarkey!  Is this really who we are as a county?  Look, folks, enough with the petty insults!  Let's work together, Democrats and Republicans, and get some damn things done for the American people!"  That's not going to move the needle.  We need someone who's going to call him a corrupt liar to his face, and who has a compelling message for the people who were left behind in the dust while Biden was busy making banks richer. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

It a was a great line.  But they lost.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Keef said:

Maybe Surly litigators can set me straight, but how could AC privilege be claimed with regards to communications made to (or in the presence of) third parties (e.g., the Ukrainians)? Doesn’t that destroy privilege? Not to mention the crime/fraud concerns?

It's a stall tactic.  In the case of this whistleblower report, acting DNI Maguire was given a legal opinion by Barr's DOJ as to why he shouldn't forward the report to House Intel as the law requires (an independent IG has already determined the report to be credible and urgent).  It doesn't matter if assertion of some form of privilege holds water, it simply gives plausibility to the argument with the primary intent to push it to the courts to draw it out.

The thing is, this does appear to involve an urgent matter with national security implications going beyond anything explicitly Biden related.  Schiff, for one, seems to recognize this and that it can't wait months to be tied up in the courts.

21 hours ago, hookemATL said:

Just can’t help yourself, can you?  Fucking twat. 

And this is what your dealing with regarding debates or issues.  If you think concise, articulate answers or even complete sentences, amount to anything then people are not following DOTARD'S daily vomit diatribes. 

42 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I think it is his only play.  He has to have a nickname in order to win, and it's too late to change course to something else.

She should turn it around on him.  According to legend, Pocahontas saved John Smith's life in an act of extraordinary bravery, and as a result played a part in the establishment of New England.  She could compare and contrast her (Pocahontas') fearlessness with Donald's draft deferment due to "bone spurs".

• Like 1

The idea that anyone's mind could possibly be made up during the debates depending on how, say, Warren deals with being called Pocahontas, in front of millions, as opposed to all the other crap that has happened in the past 3 years is absurd.  I'm trying to think of that mythical undecided voter who is somehow conscientious enough to watch hours of debate but hasn't yet decided how they're voting.

I think it will matter a ton. Because a lot of people will hear all of Trump’s policy disasters and criminal activities for the first time. All those folks that get their news from Fox have never heard 95% of the shit going on. That is, of course, assuming any of them bother to watch the debates.

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

...have you watched Joe in any of the primary debates so far? He's more likely to have both his eyeballs explode then do what you think he's going to do.

Did you see where I mentioned "metaphorically" and "in every form of public discourse?" Did you see Biden's "beat him like a drum" comment? That's sort of what I'm talking about. Could Warren get away with that? Probably? Maybe? I don't know.

I think that any voters who voted for Trump but are getting fatigued and reluctantly considering voting for a Democrat would be a lot more likely to vote for Biden than Warren. 

16 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

She should turn it around on him.  According to legend, Pocahontas saved John Smith's life in an act of extraordinary bravery, and as a result played a part in the establishment of New England.  She could compare and contrast her (Pocahontas') fearlessness with Donald's draft deferment due to "bone spurs".

Good thinking.   All she has to do is say, "Being compared to a brave woman like Pocahontas is an honor.  You're more like Nixon or Bernie Madoff."

Edited by Mojo Hand

The most disturbing thing about this is by concealing the whistleblower’s report, Trump and Giuliani are being allowed to set the narrative and run preemptive damage control.  It’s like the Bill Barr/Nunes memo all over again. 

Control the information and make the facts whatever you want them to be so there will be no consequences when the truth finally outs. 

• Like 1

Giuliani can't say 100 percent Trump didn't attempt to extort new Ukraine president to benefit re-election campaign using US aid

BY REBECCA KLAR - 09/23/19 10:07 AM EDT 

Rudy Giuliani on Monday said that he can’t say for certain that Trump didn’t threaten Ukraine aid when he spoke to that country's president about an investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden's son. 

Giuliani, who is acting as the president's personal attorney, during an interview Monday with Fox Business first said reports that Trump threatened to cut aid was “a false story,” but then backtracked when pressed. 

“Did the president threaten to cut off aid to the Ukraine,” Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo asked Giuliani during the interview. 

“No, no that was a false story,” he responded. 
“One hundred percent?,” the host asked Giuliani. 

“Well, I can’t tell you if it’s 100 percent,” Giuliani said. 

cont.

6 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Giuliani can't say 100 percent Trump didn't attempt to extort new Ukraine president to benefit re-election campaign using US aid

BY REBECCA KLAR - 09/23/19 10:07 AM EDT 

Rudy Giuliani on Monday said that he can’t say for certain that Trump didn’t threaten Ukraine aid when he spoke to that country's president about an investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden's son. 

Giuliani, who is acting as the president's personal attorney, during an interview Monday with Fox Business first said reports that Trump threatened to cut aid was “a false story,” but then backtracked when pressed. 

“Did the president threaten to cut off aid to the Ukraine,” Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo asked Giuliani during the interview. 

“No, no that was a false story,” he responded. 
“One hundred percent?,” the host asked Giuliani. 

“Well, I can’t tell you if it’s 100 percent,” Giuliani said. 

cont.

so 100% he did it then

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The most disturbing thing about this is by concealing the whistleblower’s report, Trump and Giuliani are being allowed to set the narrative and run preemptive damage control.  It’s like the Bill Barr/Nunes memo all over again. 

Control the information and make the facts whatever you want them to be so there will be no consequences when the truth finally outs. 

It worked with Barr and the Mueller Report so why not run the same play here?

He's trying to assert control over something that's not under his purview to control.  Don't fall for his desperate mind games.

He would never willingly agree to have the whistleblower account go public.  Same deal applies to his taxes.  In this case, he knows it's worse than what he and Rudy are already copping to which is tantamount to extortion and bribery, i.e. outright betrayal that qualifies as a threat to national security.

edit:  Hopefully people can see that he does not have dementia and he's not entirely* ignorant.  He's a deceitful and very skilled manipulator.

Edited by triplehorn
  • Like 1

So it seems like the Trumpkin line is that politicians kids shouldn't be out there trying to make money for themselves. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! OK, good one, let's start with the Trumps. 

I'm also hearing a lot of the Fox talking heads talk about how Hunter Biden isn't qualified to be on their board because he was not in the Natural Gas Business, which is just, I mean, do they know how corporate boards work? Exxon's current board is comprised of a couple former pharma execs, a former Pepsi exect, an academic, former Caterpillar exec, former IBM exec, former Insurance exec and a former Johnson and Johnson exec. I doubt any of their past experience in medicine, insurance, soft drinks, baby diapers and tractors taught them anything about petroleum and chemical engineering, hydraulic fracturing or crack spreads. 

I'm not saying Hunter Biden's decision to take that board seat was smart considering the possibility of bad optics, but to say a Yale Law Grad former board member of Amtrak (appointed by GW Bush), former Chairman of the Board of the World Food Programme USA, practicing lawyer and head of a hedge fund would be unqualified for any board seat.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

So it seems like the Trumpkin line is that politicians kids shouldn't be out there trying to make money for themselves. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! OK, good one, let's start with the Trumps. 

The trump campaign line here is simply to get the Biden-Ukraine idea in the media as much as possible, no matter how inaccurate or baseless, so that folks will eventually start to think that corruption occurs on both sides. “It’s ok trump did something shady with other countries since Biden did something shady also. Everyone does shady stuff.”

The right wing media machine and politicians will all pump this out just like they did with the Hillary corruption line.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

The trump campaign line here is simply to get the Biden-Ukraine idea in the media as much as possible, no matter how inaccurate or baseless, so that folks will eventually start to think that corruption occurs on both sides. “It’s ok trump did something shady with other countries since Biden did something shady also. Everyone does shady stuff.”

The right wing media machine and politicians will all pump this out just like they did with the Hillary corruption line.

^We have a winner.  

6 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

100% agree. URANIUM ONE!!!!! BENGHAZI!!!!!!! 

30 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

In a shocking turn of events that nobody saw coming, Mitch McConnell has decided that the DEMOCRATS are the true villains in this scenario:

"How dare the democrats politicize the President of the United States bribing a foreign Country to open a fake investigations into his political rival."  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

In a shocking turn of events that nobody saw coming, Mitch McConnell has decided that the DEMOCRATS are the true villains in this scenario:

Vile.  He and his wife deserve every bit of ill fate that becomes them.

Also, keep an eye on the ball here.  Trump is trying a bait and switch between the whistleblower report and the transcript of his convo with Zelensky.  The WB report allegedly contains far more information, involves multiple events, likely involves additional individuals, and could depict malfeasance worse than extortion and bribery.  They want the public to think the transcript is a legit substitute for the WB report.  

4 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Vile.  He and his wife deserve every bit of ill fate that becomes them.

Also, keep an eye on the ball here.  Trump is trying a bait and switch between the whistleblower report and the transcript of his convo with Zelensky.  The WB report allegedly contains far more information, involves multiple events, likely involves additional individuals, and could depict malfeasance worse than extortion and bribery.  They want the public to think the transcript is a legit substitute for the WB report.  

It doesn’t matter what’s in the report or the transcript. He abused the power of his office and made the ask/demand Ukraine influence our election. This is impeachable or we are a banana republic with no meaningful constitution or laws. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

It doesn’t matter what’s in the report or the transcript. He abused the power of his office and made the ask/demand Ukraine influence our election. This is impeachable or we are a banana republic with no meaningful constitution or laws. 

Correct.

5 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

DBcUtoo.jpg

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Hi Brisket. I’m not there yet, but I will be. The lack of response from Pelosi is bullshit. GOP would have voted on articles of impeachment already. 

Had Hillary won, they would've had the vote in the first week of her presidency.  And if a Dem wins in 2020, expect the same.

Edit: I guess maybe not if Dems maintain control of the House, but you get my point.

Edited by Biff Tannen

40 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

While true, the deployment of this active measures narrative has been sloppy as fuck and easily gets overshadowed by Trump’s treachery. 

Paul Manafort is double facepalming in his prison cell at these fucking amateurs. 

23 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

As we're already witnessing, what is suspected of and quasi copped to by Trump and Giuliani doesn't move the needle for Mitch.  

It's going to take evidence of unconscionable conduct representing an imminent threat to national security and/or paper/digital evidence of serial Trump money laundering at Deutsche Bank, bank fraud, and tax evasion to put GOP Senate in the hot seat.  The former requires full disclosure of the WB to House Intel, as the law requires.

From Pelosi's public letter to members yesterday:

SEPTEMBER 22, 2019 

PRESS RELEASE

Dear Colleague,

On Thursday, Acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire will appear before the House Intelligence Committee in an open hearing.  At that time, we expect him to obey the law and turn over the whistleblower’s full complaint to the Committee.  We also expect that he will establish a path for the whistleblower to speak directly to the House and Senate Intelligence Committees as required by law.

The Intelligence Community Inspector General, who was appointed by President Trump, has determined that the complaint is both of “urgent concern and credible,” and its disclosure “relates to one of the most significant and important of the Director of National Intelligence’s responsibilities to the American people.”

The Administration’s blocking of Acting DNI Maguire from providing Congress with the whistleblower complaint calls upon him to violate the federal statute, which unequivocally states that the DNI “shall” provide Congress this information.  The Administration is endangering our national security and having a chilling effect on any future whistleblower who sees wrongdoing.

We must be sure that the President and his Administration are always conducting our national security and foreign policy in the best interest of the American people, not the President’s personal or political interest.

I am calling on Republicans to join us in insisting that the Acting DNI obey the law as we seek the truth to protect the American people and our Constitution.

This violation is about our national security.  The Inspector General determined that the matter is “urgent” and therefore we face an emergency that must be addressed immediately.

If the Administration persists in blocking this whistleblower from disclosing to Congress a serious possible breach of constitutional duties by the President, they will be entering a grave new chapter of lawlessness which will take us into a whole new stage of investigation.

Thank you for your patriotism.

There aren't really any levels of increment left.  Impeachment becomes an order of magnitude more urgent.  Let it fall where it may.

Edited by triplehorn
  • Like 1

If Maguire fails to show this Thursday and violates the law by refusing to handover the WB report as a result of Trump/Barr obstruction, House has to move to impeach.  

I'm willing to bet the farm the full whistleblower report contains evidence that will shock the conscience and permanently tank him.  I suspect House also knows that this is it.

54 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

OH! OH!  MISTA KOTTA!  CALL ON ME!  I KNOW WHAT THE ANSWER IS!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

If Maguire fails to show this Thursday and violates the law by refusing to handover the WB report as a result of Trump/Barr obstruction, House has to move to impeach.  

I'm willing to bet the farm the full whistleblower report contains evidence that will shock the conscience and permanently tank him.  I suspect House also knows that this is it.

There will be many furrowed brows and rustled jimmies on Thursday.  Nancy Pelosi will go full Dean Wormer and announce that they are putting Donald on double secret probation but that's it.

At least the real Dean Wormer tried to kick Delta off campus and put that sneaky shit Neidermeyer on it. Nancy just sits there trying to run out the clock.

Edited by Grade of D as in David
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

There will be many furrowed brows and rustled jimmies on Thursday.  Nancy Pelosi will go full Dean Wormer and announce that they are putting Donald on double secret probation but that's it.

At least the real Dean Wormer tried to kick Delta off campus and put that sneaky shit Neidermeyer on it. Nancy just sits there trying to run out the clock.

This is different.  The whistleblower report is arising through the office of Director of National Intelligence, you know, the office established in the wake of 9/11.  The IG has confirmed the matter is urgent and credible.  It means there is an active or unfolding threat that warrants immediate attention by House Intel. 

The retrospective analysis of the 2016 election attack undertaken by the Special Counsel could withstand obstruction, litigation, and delay to reach some form of conclusion.  The House not moving to immediate impeachment for something that arguably had come and gone could tolerate letting the process meander (regrettably).

Due to the urgent nature of the current assessed threat, there is zero tolerance of the House letting this Trump obstruction result in delay understanding the threat.  If the House fails to act, the failure will truly be theirs and theirs only.