Big 12 Championship - 11am on 12/7

Pancho

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

This stupid game gets the stupid time slot it deserves. 

The sad part is, it is probably better than all the other stupid championship games. Unlike those we at least are going to get two good teams. Better than Ohio State or Clemson vs sacrificial  lamb or the nobody cares bowl in the PAC 12.

Which, needless to say, is damning with faint praise

Edited by Valmy77

2 hours ago, El Diablo said:

At my age and with my waning interest in the presentations that we see now I'm just fine with getting  it over and done with so I can go on with my Saturday. 

Hey, hey cloud, cloud, get out of my view.

Me too.  I've always enjoyed early games.  It's one thing if you want to tailgate and drink. I can see that being annoying.  But I'd rather watch the game early and then go enjoy the rest of my day.  I don't need 12 hours of anticipation and waiting around.

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Me too.  I've always enjoyed early games.  It's one thing if you want to tailgate and drink. I can see that being annoying.  But I'd rather watch the game early and then go enjoy the rest of my day.  I don't need 12 hours of anticipation and waiting around.

But what if you lose?  That kind of puts a damper on the rest of the day.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joeycovers said:

I personally prefer night kickoff but i think what happens is ABC/ESPN knows this game will get more eyes than Clem Vs . Whoever

Putting it H2H in primetime vs Ohio St vs Neb/Wis loses eye balls. 

11 AM it only has competition from AAC title game. 230 is SEC so no chance. 

It'll almost certainly be UVA. They're going to get mulched.

Just now, 4th&Five said:

You don’t like seeing ou shit the bed?

If it’s not us in the playoffs then I don’t give a shit how the conference does. 

I'm just saying the Big 12 is not going to be the prime time matchup for as long as it's being represented by OU, who shits the bed.

Texas starts winning this game on the reg, I guarantee you the Big 12 and Big 10 will be flipping time slots before long.

Just now, longhornmatt said:

It worked out last year, but I think the league will quickly wonder WTF they were thinking when they proposed making one of Texas/OU take an extra loss against the other as their solution for getting teams into the playoff.  If they just want to maximize playoff chances and have a championship game revenue, they should have gone the opposite direction.  Add two teams, have separate divisions, and go back to an 8 game conference schedule.  

yeah, weird.

after a few texas-ou rematches which ultimately nullify and render utterly irrelevant one of the greatest traditions in college football in the cotton bowl every october for sake of an 11am rematch game in jerry world, i would like to believe that everyone involved with the big 12 would take a step back and say "wtf were we thinking, this was retarded" but ya know...

4 minutes ago, sidis said:

yeah, weird.

after a few texas-ou rematches which ultimately nullify and render utterly irrelevant one of the greatest traditions in college football in the cotton bowl every october for sake of an 11am rematch game in jerry world, i would like to believe that everyone involved with the big 12 would take a step back and say "wtf were we thinking, this was retarded" but ya know...

giphy.gif

• Like 1

they will regret it this year.  ou is going to win the rrs but we will beat them in december after they have a couple of key injuries and our young dbs come along. it will knock ou out, opening the door for sec +1 to go in with clemson, ohio state, and uga/bama winner.

who knows...

but if herman keeps recruiting and we add some defensive coaching, as long as lincoln keeps recruiting the best college senior qbs in the country every year, it's going to be an annual rematch which will kill the magic of october.  fucking stupid.

9 minutes ago, sidis said:

yeah, weird.

You can start the finger-pointing with Bellmont. If our administration saw it the way the fans do, there would not be a Big 12 championship game. I have to think OU is the same way-- their fans don't want a rematch, don't see a thin dime of the money from the B12CG, and don't feel like their program needs a boost to get into the playoff. This was always TCU/Baylor level bullshit. It was always a bush league move favored by the conference's eight bush league members and happily entered into by the money-hungry cocksuckers in our leadership.

1 minute ago, SwanderedTalent said:

You can start the finger-pointing with Bellmont. If our administration saw it the way the fans do, there would not be a Big 12 championship game. I have to think OU is the same way-- their fans don't want a rematch, don't see a thin dime of the money from the B12CG, and don't feel like their program needs a boost to get into the playoff. This was always TCU/Baylor level bullshit. It was always a bush league move favored by the conference's eight bush league members and happily entered into by the money-hungry cocksuckers in our leadership.

don't disagree at all...that's why i said everyone involved with the big 12.

but we took care of the scheduling problem ourselves for the next decade by lining up lsu, bama, ohio state, michigan, georgia, and florida.  ou went the other direction and decided the chickenshit route was preferable with tennessee, temple, and nebraska.  they snagged a couple of michigan dates in 25/26 but the rest of the next decade is garbage.  they will need the extra game.

• Like 1

Ah, I dunno, I don't think Nebraska or even Tennessee really qualify as cakewalks in terms of their perception-- I mean they might put a terrible team on the field but they're still high level programs.

And I don't necessarily agree OU needs the extra game but only because I've always said what happened to TCU/Baylor in 2014 happened because they're TCU and Baylor. I don't think it would have happened to a similarly qualified Texas or OU team. The committee wanted an excuse to jump Ohio State, which draws great ratings, into the playoff instead of taking one of the small private religiously affiliated schools from our shit conference. If they could have gotten a 1-loss OU or especially us, they wouldn't have been in the market for an excuse.

But I have no data to back any of that up, it's just an opinion. 

6 minutes ago, sidis said:

don't disagree at all...that's why i said everyone involved with the big 12.

but we took care of the scheduling problem ourselves for the next decade by lining up lsu, bama, ohio state, michigan, georgia, and florida.  ou went the other direction and decided the chickenshit route was preferable with tennessee, temple, and nebraska.  they snagged a couple of michigan dates in 25/26 but the rest of the next decade is garbage.  they will need the extra game.

Exactly. They needed the extra game last year, too. Without the revenge win over us, they’d be left out while Georgia or Ohio State got to play Bama in the semis.

I don't much mind what other games we are up against, it's just that it's really fucking hard to get to Arlington, TX by 11:00a in the morning.  Last year, I took a Vonlane that left Austin at 5:00a.  It was horseshit.  But I guess I'm doing it again.  Good news though is, every reason to stick around and stay in Fort Worth that night and watch the Texas/A&M hoops game Sunday afternoon before heading home to Austin.  

11 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Ah, I dunno, I don't think Nebraska or even Tennessee really qualify as cakewalks in terms of their perception-- I mean they might put a terrible team on the field but they're still high level programs.

And I don't necessarily agree OU needs the extra game but only because I've always said what happened to TCU/Baylor in 2014 happened because they're TCU and Baylor. I don't think it would have happened to a similarly qualified Texas or OU team. The committee wanted an excuse to jump Ohio State, which draws great ratings, into the playoff instead of taking one of the small private religiously affiliated schools from our shit conference. If they could have gotten a 1-loss OU or especially us, they wouldn't have been in the market for an excuse.

But I have no data to back any of that up, it's just an opinion. 

all of your opinions are valid except the first one.  tennessee and nebraska no longer carry any cachet.  the last good team tennessee fielded was in 2001...almost two decades ago.  as brutal and frustrating as the last decade has been for us, imagine multiplying it by two and having eight seasons with losing records.

nebraska is an afterthought of college football now.  utterly irrelevant and simply blessed with some guaranteed wins by playing in the worst division in college football featuring powerhouses indiana, purdue, minnesota, illinois, northwestern, and iowa.

6 minutes ago, sidis said:

tennessee and nebraska no longer carry any cachet. 

I think you're giving the committee and anyone who gets to venture a Certified Opinion (e.g., an AP voter) too much credit here for paying attention to on-field performance, but you are definitely correct that Tennessee has been dreck for a while. 

On Nebraska, I want to see what Scott Frost does before I give up on them. But if Frost can't win there, then I think they are indeed completely done.

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The only 2 CCG's that are actually played between two Top 10 teams are going to be the Big 12 and the SEC.

There are no good teams in the BIG West, the entire Pac 12, and whatever fucking division Clemson is not in.

If Wisco can beat up Michigan tomorrow, then take a reasonably creditable L against tOSU, they might be top 10 going into the CCG.

Edited by texifornia

1 minute ago, SwanderedTalent said:

On Nebraska, I want to see what Scott Frost does before I give up on them. But if Frost can't win there, then I think they are indeed completely done.

I think Scott Frost can get them back to winning 7 to 10 games a year, but never winning their conference.  They can be the Big 10's Okie State, but that's about it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pancho said:

I don't understand for the life of me why this conference doesn't go head-to-head with the Big 10 night game. 

WTF is Bowlezbee doing? 

I like spreading these games out as much as possible. I want to watch them all damnit! That late in the season I'm savoring every last bit of college football I can get.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LTbear said:

I like spreading these games out as much as possible. I want to watch them all damnit! That late in the season I'm savoring every last bit of college football I can get.

Then why can't they rotate them, like the CFP/NY6 rotates its games?  I'd much rather watch the Texas vs OU rematch in the evening, then the B1G-Ohio State snoozefest ad the ACC-Clemson snooze fest.  

Edited by TeddyBearStallion
  • Fuck You 1