Texas opens as an 11 point favorite @ West Virginia

TexasMan

22 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Classic trap game - our shitty pass defense offers little to no resistance and could keep WV in the game. 

Each new post is worse then your last.  How do you do it?   I guess all the young CBs should just quit.  There’s no way they can improve.  Pretty sure pass defense won’t be our problem this game.  Have you seen Kendall throw a football?   You be you buddy.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

People have been talking about Herman losing to lesser teams that he shouldn’t, as if he has a long history of that. That’s what I’m referriing to.

His attempts to slow the game down with a lead is a different issue. I agree that he needs to cut that shit out. 

Just for clarity what I was referring toand what Cowherd was is past tendancy to not cover the spread in games like this.  That track record has neen undeniable.  I think we're going to start doing better in that regard, but that's what the past has been.

14 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Just for clarity what I was referring toand what Cowherd was is past tendancy to not cover the spread in games like this.  That track record has neen undeniable.  I think we're going to start doing better in that regard, but that's what the past has been.

It's time to stomp the living shit out of them.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

I think those are exact examples of track record in games like this, both could of been put away but he played not to lose, that’s the track record.........    A track record is running the same play three times in s row with a lead and playing it Uber safe with a lead.  I give credit to Herman where it needs but play calling with a lead is a weak point in his coaching so far for sure.  

Ah. Hardly.  WVU this Saturday is not an “exact example “ of the RRR. What world are you living in. We were dogs In Dallas last year and we are big favorites on the road 

I disagree. There were penalties, but we were definitely less aggressive. Just like against Georgia. 

In that 3 possession stretch of punts there were 12 offensive plays (15 if you count the THREE holding penalties) with a 50/50 run pass split, which is what Tx was for the entire game. The last punt drive was 3 passes including a failed 3rd down deep ball to Collin.

On 10/3/2019 at 3:20 PM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I just can't figure out how Texas doesn't win this convincingly... (and reason I cannot place a bet on them.. when can't tell... I trust Vegas)

Texas should be able to shut down a weak WV rushing attack. I'll take my changes with Orlando getting to the QB early and often.  Defense should be good for points or a couple turnovers. Offense should be able to run or pass on WV.  Assuming (big ass assume) we either don't field punts or actually catch them I don't see how Texas doesn't run away with this one. This should be a good game for the Defense to really shine.

WVU is almost always tough at home.

13 hours ago, jet black said:

That shit happens to everyone that has a thin roster. It doesn’t happen to teams that are super talented everywhere and have depth. Those teams have off games but still win. Hopefully Ok State game was an example of us getting to that point.

SMU was without his QB.  And I think it was right after a deflating loss (not 100% sure about that).  The game wasn't as bad as the score.  They went for it on 4th down in their own territory a couple times late in 4th and gave up a late TD or two.  They had to take those gambles for any hope to win.

3 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

That's my belief. I actually have it by even more than that in the game predicton thread. I think Neal Brown is a really good coach. I also think he's coaching a really bad group of players.

I'm with you on this. Good coach, but man his "players" are absolute shit. I expect we beat them by 30+ 

On 10/4/2019 at 3:21 AM, Hook1997 said:

I think those are exact examples of track record in games like this, both could of been put away but he played not to lose, that’s the track record.........    A track record is running the same play three times in s row with a lead and playing it Uber safe with a lead.  I give credit to Herman where it needs but play calling with a lead is a weak point in his coaching so far for sure.  

is it as big of a weakness as thinking 'of' is a verb?

dumb fuck

• Haha 1

Stopped in downtown M'town for a quick drink before going to the hotel. Booing from cars, "horns down, fuck Texas!" from sorority girls, the whole town's up for the game. Should be an awesome atmosphere. 

Are you sure the sorority girls weren’t trying to proposition you?
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

Not sure you can say Herman was "conservative" yesterday when he was throwing passes to Sam Cosmi to blow the game open. It's been an issue with Herman but they went for the kill in the 4th quarter against WV. 

Well, as soon as WV started using their timeouts instead of letting the game end TH had no choice but to score again.  Ok WV, you want to call your timeouts?  Here’s a, trick play/touchdown for ya.  Next time take the loss, pussy.  

Not sure you can say Herman was "conservative" yesterday when he was throwing passes to Sam Cosmi to blow the game open. It's been an issue with Herman but they went for the kill in the 4th quarter against WV. 
it wasn't a pass.

if it was a pass James Street would hold ALL the passing records at Texas.
  • Like 1