2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I do wonder why he left Oklahoma St, after leading them to a third straight top ten offense, to go to Ohio St where he wouldn’t have play calling responsibilities. 

Either way - I’m not particularly worried if he was asked to look around if he gets us a top offense next season. 

If Gundy wasn't going anywhere and he wasn't getting HC offers, then moving to a blueblood with an elite offense doesn't seem like a bad move, even if he didn't have play calling duties (he had done that for several years at Ok State, so that check mark would presumably remain).

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

Ok State fans are idiots. Their offense got worse this year. 

I don't know what the dynamic of Yurcich and Gundy was but a lot of Ok State fans where happy to see him leave and complained about his poor adjustments and lack of game plan, how much Gundy had control of the offense I don't know.

5 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

I don't know what the dynamic of Yurcich and Gundy was but a lot of Ok State fans where happy to see him leave and complained about his poor adjustments and lack of game plan, how much Gundy had control of the offense I don't know.

Dude where did you see this?? None of the OkSt fans I know in person or any I’ve seen online were happy to see him go at all. This sounds like bullshit. Not to mention the OhioSt fans don’t seem too happy about it either judging by that thread that was posted

Edited by Cap Hooked

On 12/20/2019 at 5:37 PM, Fud said:

The Cal game that ended at 1:30 am for me 

On 12/20/2019 at 6:15 PM, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

Don't forget that CS's defenders (cdt and Sweet Jones, I assume, don't feel like searching) kept telling everyone it was just a one-score loss. The Cal guy dropped the ball untouched just as he was crossing the goal line on a long run in the last minute or so. It went into the books as a one-TD loss, but it was much worse than that.

I drank 4 each of Grapefruit and Habenero Sculpin IPAs and went to bed pissed and drunk. Sunday morning wasn't good to me.

I started a wine country trip at this game.

What a shitshow. The D could not line up correctly all game. 

1 minute ago, Cap Hooked said:

Dude where did you see this?? None of the OkSt fans I know in person or any I’ve seen online were happy to see him go at all. This sounds like bullshit

Here are two different places. The OSU fans reaction is mixed but I think that has a lot to do with comparing Yurcich to Riley but forgetting that they don't have OU level talent. I personally like the hire he consistently had top 20 offenses at Ok State and that only more impressive if you factor in Gudy's terrible recruiting.

https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma-state/Article/Offensive-coordinator-Mike-Yurcich-is-leaving-Oklahoma-State-127096910/

https://old.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/abdbv1/mike_yurcich_leaving_oklahoma_state/

Dude where did you see this?? None of the OkSt fans I know in person or any I’ve seen online were happy to see him go at all. This sounds like bullshit. Not to mention the OhioSt fans don’t seem too happy about it either judging by that thread that was posted

Same place we keep hearing Ash is a dickhead to players.

The only OK State fans who were "happy" to see the dude go were probably the ones trying to convince themselves they'd be okay without him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

The Gundy part is true I believe, Ok state fans where happy to see him go.

I doubt Gundy was happy to see him go after his offense was 7th in the nation. If Gundy didn’t like him, he wouldn’t have lasted six seasons calling plays there. I’m also really skeptical that Day is pushing out his QB coach while he has the #1 offense in the country. Sounds like sour grapes from an idiot OSU writer. 

Old article when Yurich left Okie Lite...

Quote:  "[Mike] Yurcich is a guy whose name has been out there the last three years. Interesting how some of the fans view him but everybody else in the country wants him," Gundy said kind of wide-eyed during a press conference a few days before the Liberty Bowl. "Pretty interesting concept. At some point, Mike is going to move on. I told you guys last year during bowl prep that I wouldn’t be shocked if Mike is a head coach or moves on. He’s had interest from the NFL. There are NFL teams that have called about him as the NFL starts to migrate toward college football on offense. At some point, he’s going to move on. He’s 41 or 42. He’s at a point in his career where that that could happen. We would love to keep him here. We’re not going to be able to pay what other schools will potentially offer him. If he gets a run to be a coordinator at all the schools that are interested in him or maybe move on to the NFL, that’s probably going to be his next move. You just call it like it is. Some of the other coaching jobs you get at levels that are lower pay about a third or fourth of what these guys are making as coordinators. We hope to keep him as long as we can, but at some point he will move on. If he does, we wish him the best. He’s been very loyal and has been great for the program."

https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma-state/Article/Offensive-coordinator-Mike-Yurcich-is-leaving-Oklahoma-State-127096910/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Not a Sock said:

Here are two different places. The OSU fans reaction is mixed but I think that has a lot to do with comparing Yurcich to Riley but forgetting that they don't have OU level talent. I personally like the hire he consistently had top 20 offenses at Ok State and that only more impressive if you factor in Gudy's terrible recruiting.

https://old.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/abdbv1/mike_yurcich_leaving_oklahoma_state/

I mean no one on the 247 page seemed to hate him. So seems your only source for hate seems to be Reddit which is known for having some of the biggest dumbass football fans of any board. Even with that seems like there was even a lot of fans calling those fans stupid. I think I’ll go with the people I know who watch OkSt religiously who were upset about one of their best OCs they’ve ever had leave. 

12 minutes ago, Cap Hooked said:

I mean no one on the 247 page seemed to hate him. So seems your only source for hate seems to be Reddit which is known for having some of the biggest dumbass football fans of any board. Even with that seems like there was even a lot of fans calling those fans stupid. I think I’ll go with the people I know who watch OkSt religiously who were upset about one of their best OCs they’ve ever had leave. 

Most of us OSU fans weren't surprised when he left because there was always talk that Gundy didn't let him run the offense. He stayed as long as he did because he was a nobody D2 coach that got a chance at a P5 school. Once he started getting good pub for a couple of years, he went to a bigger program. I don't blame him for leaving. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Old article when Yurich left Okie Lite...

Quote:  "[Mike] Yurcich is a guy whose name has been out there the last three years. Interesting how some of the fans view him but everybody else in the country wants him," Gundy said kind of wide-eyed during a press conference a few days before the Liberty Bowl. "Pretty interesting concept. At some point, Mike is going to move on. I told you guys last year during bowl prep that I wouldn’t be shocked if Mike is a head coach or moves on. He’s had interest from the NFL. There are NFL teams that have called about him as the NFL starts to migrate toward college football on offense. At some point, he’s going to move on. He’s 41 or 42. He’s at a point in his career where that that could happen. We would love to keep him here. We’re not going to be able to pay what other schools will potentially offer him. If he gets a run to be a coordinator at all the schools that are interested in him or maybe move on to the NFL, that’s probably going to be his next move. You just call it like it is. Some of the other coaching jobs you get at levels that are lower pay about a third or fourth of what these guys are making as coordinators. We hope to keep him as long as we can, but at some point he will move on. If he does, we wish him the best. He’s been very loyal and has been great for the program."

This guy sounds deplorable. 🙄

I never heard of a rebellion at OkSt because the coach was an asshole. He’s had some lower rated recruits and turned them into stars. His job is to put up the same type of stats that Ok St put up. If he does that and Ash does his job, these are going to be the start of some great times again. 

4 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

la ciarrocca, la ciarocca
ya no puede caminar
por que no tiene
porque le faltan
las dos patitas de atrás

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

It’s my understanding the deal is done, but who knows. There’s misinformation all the time.

22 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Courtney mussinghams wife was seen looking at homes in del valle 

Yogi_Berra_quote.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longhorn94 said:

I can confirm Yurcich is a dick and his players don't like him. He will fit right in with Herman.

Never heard of the dude but was jokingly going to make a post asking for confirmation that he’s an unlikeable prick before assuming he’s the guy.

16 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Who’s calling him a comfort hire? Just point out one person who’s said that. 

ooh, you got me.  I don't have a source I can cite.  See, from what I can tell, he and TH have not coached together, but both have Ohio State on their resume.  Clearly exaggeration and hyperbole fell flat.  Please be gentle in your rebuke of my attempt at humor on this most solemn of message boards.  

• Like 2

Let me get this straight-okstate hired a guy from shippensburg...college? High school? Trade school? Then turned that into top 30 offensive seasons. We hire people from Rutgers and look like trash. Sometimes I wish we could hire some young diamond in the rough from a conference like the MAC. Yet we seem to settle on coaches that have been around with good and bad years. Always seems to feel safe, never a swing for the fences.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Let me get this straight-okstate hired a guy from shippensburg...college? High school? Trade school? Then turned that into top 30 offensive seasons. We hire people from Rutgers and look like trash. Sometimes I wish we could hire some young diamond in the rough from a conference like the MAC. Yet we seem to settle on coaches that have been around with good and bad years. Always seems to feel safe, never a swing for the fences.  

What if we hire the guy from Shippensburg?