Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, troph said:

That’s some grade A “we’re Texas” nonsense from the BMD. And I 100% believe CTJ is reporting the truth, that’s how we fuck shit up. Terrible AD making terrible AD moves and BMD acting like Jerry Jones. And it makes the last few weeks make total sense.

BMDs acting like Jerry Jones?

That makes 100% perfect sense and does explain everything.

Does UTPD get involved in restraining orders when it involves department heads, or is that mainly an APD thing?

16 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

My point is, if Herman is being fired after NSD1, than the recruiting point is dumb. Players can get out of an NLI and go somewhere else. If Herman isn’t being fired after, then it makes sense to do. It would seem to me he’s definitely here through 2021. 

the only other thought is, hopefully sign whatever we can and then after a coaching change hope we can convince kids to stay? 

There is a reason why this is still front-page news on ESPN.com.  Well, front-page on the CFB section of ESPN.com.   

See,  if Herman was fixin' to be fired after NSD1, but replaced with somebody other Urbs, then it would not be front-page news, because nobody would give a shit unless UT nabbed a big name from a decent program.

So clearly it's Urbs, they just can't come out and say it.

So this new target isn’t available until at least next Sunday. Probably a CFB playoff team... Florida, Clemson, Cincy? No way Agroid, don’t see Bama (or Dabo), Kelly ain’t our type at ND and we aren’t his.  So Mullen, Venables, Cincy Head Corch, really sounds like UM is a no because we cray cray - and that actually makes perfect sense. So it seems those three.  What am I missing ?

Edited by troph

Wasn’t every reporter noting that Texas was in total alignment about going after Meyer for most of the season?  It seemed like no one knew what would happen, but everyone was in agreement that the president, AD, and BMDs are in total alignment on trying. I’m not saying they were right, but do we think that everyone was totally wrong about that?

Edited by Texas Wahoo

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

There is a reason why this is still front-page news on ESPN.com.  Well, front-page on the CFB section of ESPN.com.   

See,  if Herman was fixin' to be fired after NSD1, but replaced with somebody other Urbs, then it would not be front-page news, because nobody would give a shit unless UT nabbed a big name from a decent program.

So clearly it's Urbs, they just can't come out and say it.

Really not sure about my radar right now.  The mental gymnastics that have gone on in this thread are crazy to say the least. 

3 minutes ago, troph said:

So this new target isn’t available until at least this Sunday. Probably a CFB playoff team... Florida, Clemson, Cincy? No way Agroid, don’t see Bama (or Dabo), Kelly ain’t our type at ND and we aren’t his.  So Mullen, Venables, Cincy Head Corch, really sounds like UM is a no because we cray cray - and that actually makes perfect sense. So it seems those three.  What am I missing ?

Don't think he implied it was a new target. As Urban's contract expires on the 19th with Fox and tOSU's season could effectively be over on the 19th if they got upset (unlikely). But that'd also leave Urban open on Sunday at the earliest. So Mullen, Fickell, Urban and Venables. One of those four imo. 

• Rage+1 1

53 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

5) He’s tried to dance around firing Herman and we’re left with this kind of shit because the guy we want won’t be available until next Sunday at the earliest. 

Hmmm ... assuming it's not an NFL guy (unless it's someone who could be available if they are knocked out of contention for the playoffs), from the college ranks (besides Meyer) next Sat features - 

- Mullen

- Elliott

- Venables

- Lea

- Fitzgerald

- Kelly (I hope not)

14 minutes ago, troph said:

Well I’m willing to say it isn’t you know who for now. The conspiracy theories make us look kinda dumb

1. Our CB recruits are getting nailed for carjacking, which make us look really fucking dumb, especially since not a single night shifter is sitting in jail with him
  2. Herman is walking around with the knowledge that he's only the coach because we haven't signed you know who yet.  
  3. Twitter is blowing up over some fucking Italian girl from Connecticut getting 100 million subscribers on tiktok.  
  4. Texas School for the Deaf won a state football title yesterday, which is more hardware than we will win with Herman.
  5. Our pets heads are falling off (because our children got in their head to go running across the yard with a shovel and then trip and fall onto said pet, and now we are having to explain that we need to take the pet to the vet so they can tape the head back on, when in reality we are taking the pet across town to some little crematorium in East Austin that takes care of this stuff).

It's basically just another Saturday night.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Maybe Urban wants to wait one more year before taking the job and CDC agreed to this condition.  Possibility?

No and if it was then Urban Meyer is a dipshit whose whole career is built on the backs of the guys he apparently isn't comfortable taking a job without and CDC is just a dipshit. You don't allow another year of variables to happen if you are either man if you are ready to fuck.

Edited by Surly Bevo

5 hours ago, mdmost said:

I love you guys but you might just need to accept that Tom Herman will be our coach next season because there's not a big enough name that's worth the buyout. I hope I'm wrong because I truly see no upside, other than saving money, to keep him around. 

When is FCB going to announce the name change for UT to : “University of Cal Berkeley at Austin.”

Fuck it I'm drinking let's feed the beast.  Nick watched Urban be a dumbshit and pass on the chance to pass him up and be the greatest of all time by winning it all at 3 different schools.  Nick said, fuck it...it's gotten too easy here and if that dipshit won't plant his flag I guess next man up (oh that will be for 12 million a year right Texas?)

Seems legit

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:
  1. Our CB recruits are getting nailed for carjacking, which make us look really fucking dumb, especially since not a single night shifter is sitting in jail with him
  2. Herman is walking around with the knowledge that he's only the coach because we haven't signed you know who yet.  
  3. Twitter is blowing up over some fucking Italian girl from Connecticut getting 100 million subscribers on tiktok.  
  4. Texas School for the Deaf won a state football title yesterday, which is more hardware than we will win with Herman.
  5. Our pets heads are falling off (because our children got in their head to go running across the yard with a shovel and then trip and fall onto said pet, and now we are having to explain that we need to take the pet to the vet so they can tape the head back on, when in reality we are taking the pet across town to some little crematorium in East Austin that takes care of this stuff).

It's basically just another Saturday night.

Number 4!!!  That’s awesome.  Congrats to them on their State Title 

It’s too late for a liquor store run. Darn...

7423559E-051A-4B87-A050-BCB904B50E16.gif

• Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic