Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

12 minutes ago, immamac said:

This isn't a viable business anymore for UT a mass exodus has begun and will continue potentially causing irreparable damage for decades to come.

that voodoo vibe killed Colorado's Return to Dominance. But they are clowns in Boulder - bougie boulderites with agenda in hand. Sociology experiment, I think.

Edited by washparkhorn

1 hour ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Sounds like this is a bust.

I'll resume my POF and HON thread contributions.

Honestly, I think we're doing this all wrong.  Here's what I would do.  Fire MENSA because he's a proven fuck up.

Then, hire another G5 coach ringer.  Doesn't really matter who, just do it. Then with all the money we saved by

not hiring Urban, use those millions to pay off every top recruit in the state---no fuck that--in the country.  Play

dirty.  Let the money flow. DGAF about the NCAA and just win.  I'd rather be the dirtiest fucking program out there

rather than replacing coaches every 5 years.  The constant is 5-star recruits.  They're available every year.

Load up on those guys--pay off the mom, the uncle, the trainer--who gives a shit. Any half-ass coach will be able

to win with a loaded roster.

Fuck it

Ah yes, what's known as the LSU plan.  Seriously, look at their fat ogre dipshit coach.  Not the worst plan...

This is some weak ass reporting out there.  It’s not catching fire but it is throwing everyone off the trail and it’s “a source at Texas” and nothing more. Urbans not a no until Herman is retained or his replacement is announced.  Could be confirmed no that’s true but it could also be the dampen the frenzy about to start this week.  Going to bed, And we will see how the week goes.  

IMO it’s smoke screen to keep recruiting class intact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about not this year but the year after? We already paid for a coach and we can recruit on you coming. Gives us time to build up the branding. And Elon has an autopilot drone ambulance with full life support. Go get healthy for a year. We want you here. Build the program.

Who has Musk's phone number?

I’m almost at the point where we think outside the box. Make Joe Brady the face of the University, but pair him with the baddest DC money can buy (too tired to research, but someone can suggest names). Then find some veteran offensive coach with a deep roladex who can mentor Joe and help him build a staff. No idea if it would work, but it excites me more than Luke fucking Fickell.

Joe Brady doesn’t want to recruit and has no HC experience. This would be a bigger gamble that drunk sark after dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

Holy shit I remember that.  It was towards the end I believe when he was trying everything to keep his job.  That might have been the moment I 100% realized yeah he's gotta go.

Get your ass to the cloak room and take your L

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, UrbanTheMeyer said:

I still don't believe Urban is gone. Bullshit sells and today the 9.95ers decided to sell negative bullshit. It still doesn't add up.

It aint over til the fat lady sings

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Welp, one thing is for sure: the more twists and turns there are from day to day, the more newspapers get sold. There isn't much money in 'everything's fine',  a consistent message, or a done deal. 

Who knows what's really happening, but I do suspect there's at least some of that in play here.

Edited by wood

6 minutes ago, UrbanTheMeyer said:

I still don't believe Urban is gone. Bullshit sells and today the 9.95ers decided to sell negative bullshit. It still doesn't add up.

It aint over til the fat lady sings

The more I think about it, the more I refuse to believe the people talking with Urban would intentionally "leak" to the 9.95 and AAS asshats that "it's over" etc.. , what a PR nightmare for the University. This whole Urban to Texas thing would not have gotten any traction if his health was an issue. It would have been DOA. Now we are canceling practice and press conferences? CDC hasn't spoken in months? Just doesn't add up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

If people in this comment section of this tweet share the same opinion as our admin no wonder we fucking are content with this shit. 

This will be the knockout punch. The fan base will check out. The revenues will decline. Recruiting will plummet drastically. Hello wandering in the desert for 10-15 years minimum. The nightmare is here.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

The more I think about it, the more I refuse to believe the people talking with Urban would intentionally "leak" to the 9.95 and AAS asshats that "it's over" etc.. , what a PR nightmare for the University. This whole Urban to Texas thing would not have gotten any traction if his health was an issue. It would have been DOA. Now we are canceling practice and press conferences? CDC hasn't spoken in months? Just doesn't add up. 

THe PR nightmare goes away quickly if you can close the deal.

this is perfect for Urban.  He crushes Texas recruiting for 2 years and is the hero in Cbus again.  A little part of me thinks he'd do it just to fuck with Herman.

CDC not publicly supporting Herman during this and then not firing him is absolutely horrible.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

This will be the knockout punch. The fan base will check out. The revenues will decline. Recruiting will plummet drastically. Hello wandering in the desert for 10-15 years minimum. The nightmare is here.

and aggy appears to have actually made a good competent hire, and have demonstrated they are committed to being successful at football.  OU ain't slowin down. Ohio State & Bama pick off the talent they want every year.. We will be lucky to get 1 or 2 of the top 25 in the state every year.  

• Rage+1 2

No dumb dumb, huge once successful programs relegated to decades of mediocrity. That's what's happening here.  
Nebraska's problem is no recruiting. Ever since Urban Meyer established Ohio State's recruiting vacuum to suck up all of Texas, its been choking us. It would take a really appealing coach to slam that door shut.

Statesman story released at 11:40PM.  (excerpts)

Source: Citing health, Urban Meyer tells Texas officials he’s not returning to coaching

Urban Meyer, the three-time national championship winner, has informed Texas officials that he is not pursuing another coaching position because of health issues, a university source with knowledge of the situation told the American-Statesman on Sunday night.

However, “no decision” has been made about whether to move on from UT’s current coach Tom Herman, the source said. 

Texas officials are still “sorting through” their options, the source said.

Horns247 first reported Meyer’s was leaning toward not pursing the Texas job. 

https://www.hookem.com/story/sports/2020/12/06/source-citing-health-urban-meyer-tells-texas-officials-hes-not-returning-coaching/3854666001/

Edited by torre

6 minutes ago, Truck Norris said:

A high-level university source leaking this sounds like some bullshit, or that high-level source should no longer be in a position where they could be considered such. Can only hope it’s a diversion to quiet things down before Tom gets fired.

I agree - makes no sense that this would be kept so tight and then the only leak is the one that they know would completely implode the program. Got to be to take heat off of Urban and reminds me of the OSU timeline that people have posted before.

Just now, torre said:

Statesman story released at 11:40PM.  (excerpts)

Source: Citing health, Urban Meyer tells Texas officials he’s not returning to coaching

Urban Meyer, the three-time national championship winner, has informed Texas officials that he is not pursuing another coaching position because of health issues, a university source with knowledge of the situation told the American-Statesman on Sunday night.

However, “no decision” has been made about whether to move on from UT’s current coach Tom Herman, the source said. 

Texas officials are still “sorting through” their options, the source said.

Horns247 first reported Meyer’s was leaning toward not pursing the Texas job. 

Who runs our PR and allows shit like this to be posted in your local newspaper? Whole University needs to be sterilized top to bottom. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic