Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

51 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I mean, we've basically let this become a Clemson/ACC type of deal.  They can drop a game every year, and it doesn't even matter which one, then pound an overmatched opponent in the CCG and go to the playoff.  And we're the only ones who can put a stop to it.  Except that we can't, because our coach is a fake genius asshole.

Edit: I do think Riley has NFL daydreams, and I don't think Stoops ever did.  I hope Riley gtfo and the Sooners actually miss on a head coaching hire for the first time in like 20 years.

They are prone to HC gaffes. schnellenberger, Blake and Gibbs

4 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Who will get plugged into the Orange if ND doesn't make the playoff? Enlighten me

I beleive ND would take the ACC spot and play Florida. Looks like this is the criteria for this year: 

ACC/ND vs. SEC/Big Ten

ND vs. UNC doesn't make any sense with ND's one year ACC membership. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Schnellenberger was a helluva coach at Miami. OU was his last hurrah and retirement fund. Guess he couldn't sell Norman to south Florida kids

I don’t know how old you are,  but HS was an absolute disaster at OU. So bad that he quit after less than year. He told the fans they would forget BUd and Barry after he was through.  

He coached for 10 years after that at FAU. His time at Ou makes Herman look like Knute Rockne 

Edit: had to look it up, they lost to both Kansas schools, by a lot. 

Edited by jdhorn92
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I beleive ND would take the ACC spot and play Florida. 

ND vs. UNC doesn't make any sense with ND's one year ACC membership. 

True, I keep forgetting ND is a part time ACC member even while watching this Clemson vs ND rematch. I was basing that off history. My mistake

Orange Bowl

Tie-In: ACC vs. SEC/Big Ten/Notre Dame

Projection: North Carolina vs. Texas A&M

1 minute ago, jdhorn92 said:

I don’t know how old you are,  but HS was an absolute disaster at OU. So bad that he quit after less than year. He told the fans they would forget BUd and Barry after he was through.  

He coached for 10 years after that at FAU. His time at Ou makes Herman look like Knute Rockne 

Old guy checking in. He made everyone in Norman livid by saying something to the effect of The Red River Shootout was "just another game."

And since he was not Switzer, it was not OK for him to drink/be-drunk on the job.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Edit: had to look it up, they lost to both Kansas schools, by a lot. 

Old enough to know he sucked at OU. Forgot he was only there one season, though.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Schnellenberger was a helluva coach at Miami. OU was his last hurrah and retirement fund. Guess he couldn't sell Norman to south Florida kids

Schnellenberger nearly killed a player.  That, along with his alcoholism and behavior was what doomed him to one season.

On Aug. 11, 1995, OU freshman Brian Ailey collapsed on the field, had a heat stroke and spent six days in the hospital.

Another OU player, Aaron Findley, was also hospitalized that August for heat-related issues.

Ailey later contended that he was under doctor’s orders not to practice, and that then-coach Howard Schellenberger verbally harrassed him for it.

Ailey later sued OU and Schnellenberger, claiming that the coach deprived players of water. The incident was cited as a factor in Schnellenberger’s departure from OU after only one season.

In court, Schnellenberger responded that his “tried and true” water policy was similar to ones used by coaches like Bear Bryant.

“We have been doing this for 15 years,” Schnellenberger said a few weeks after the incident. “Coaches have been doing this for 100 years. So it didn’t cause me to rethink anything.”

7 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

So is Urban still under contract with Fox?  If not, is it normal for a TV personality to go to "free agency" or shouldn't he have re-upped his contract to continue with Fox at this point?

After today he's technically a "free agent" but if he did intend on returning to Fox then it should've been done by now. Especially since Kirk said he was getting a "big pay raise" so the fact nothings been done to this point is pretty interesting. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Newy25 said:

Fitzgerald has been offered higher paid jobs in the past that he has turned down. I don’t think a Texas caliber job has ever been offered so the narrative is he is at his dream job. He has had some very mediocre (putting it nicely) offenses so I would try to vet out in the interview how he plans on addressing that. He’s also fiercely loyal to his assistants apparently so I’m not sure a Fitzgerald hire would yield him assembling an all star coaching group. 

Csb/

Played golf today with a guy that worked at the university of Idaho when Fitzgerald was there and his wife was this guys secretary. He still keeps in touch with them and thinks there is no way they leave unless he is fired. They are Chicago lifers. 

/csb

4 minutes ago, pops said:

Csb/

Played golf today with a guy that worked at the university of Idaho when Fitzgerald was there and his wife was this guys secretary. He still keeps in touch with them and thinks there is no way they leave unless he is fired. They are Chicago lifers. 

/csb

You live up in MT, right? I'm surprised y'all aren't snowed under.

6 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

You live up in MT, right? I'm surprised y'all aren't snowed under.

North idaho. Came down to lewiston to play today. They are a funky little micro climate at only about 600 ft elevation. They play all year here. It was mid 50s. 30 minutes north and everything is shut down for winter. 

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

True, I keep forgetting ND is a part time ACC member even while watching this Clemson vs ND rematch. I was basing that off history. My mistake

Orange Bowl

Tie-In: ACC vs. SEC/Big Ten/Notre Dame

Projection: North Carolina vs. Texas A&M

Just what Mack needs, he never could get by Jimbo when he was at Fl st

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Probably hard to do the double horns with hardware like that on your finger. Yet another reason to come to Texas!

If CUM comes to Texas he can get a championship ring for every finger and then with the championship rings against each other, that hardware provides a stable framework for making a Hook'Em Horns sign.  LULZ

Edited by BachelorTrek
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

The most useless piece of shit on Herman's staff left us with nothing but a couple of developmental three star players in a recruiting cycle where 5 of the top 15 players in the state were offensive linemen. Whiffed on the Brockermeyer boys. Whiffed on Foster. Whiffed on Byrd. Whiffed on Jackson. Whiffed on everyone worth a shit. I don't understand how Herman thought Hand would be his guy when he had a shitty track record of recruiting and player development at PSU and Auburn, both fan bases were relieved when Hand departed. Other than Cosmi who has he developed? The misses in this recruiting cycle are going to hurt immensely in the future and will have whoever assumes the reigns at OL coach in 2022 scouring the grad transfer and JUCO market. I still can't wrap my head around how that clown Hand whiffed so badly this recruiting cycle. PerhapsConner will greatly exceed expectations, but I wouldn't expect much out of Merrill he has Greg Smith written all over him.