Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

And he’s about to be 60.  He’s not an up and comer

Do we need to define “about to be?” 56 is not “about to be”, 60, not even in football coaching years. He’d turn 60 going into his fourth NFL season.
Only thing “about to be” when discussing Urban Meyer is that he’s “about to be” the new Coach at Texas.
  • Hook 'Em 9

42 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

We have posters here hellbent on a conspiracy, and that he’s coming. It’s pretty embarrassing. 

it’s absolutely embarrassing. and sad. naive desperation is such an awful stink, and this whole site reeks of it. look, through my high-level connections I have been uniquely aware of what is happening inside belmont from the beginning of this whole fiasco. because I am a good person, I informed everyone here of the reality of the situation, yet the volume of comments here continues to grow. if immamac cared at all about the reputation of the site going forward he would delete this thread.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

it’s absolutely embarrassing. and sad. naive desperation is such an awful stink, and this whole site reeks of it. look, through my high-level connections I have been uniquely aware of what is happening inside belmont from the beginning of this whole fiasco. because I am a good person, I informed everyone here of the reality of the situation, yet the volume of comments here continues to grow. if immamac cared at all about the reputation of the site going forward he would delete this thread.
he who has to assert that he is a good person, probably isn't.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Get the fuck outta here with all the LDE, people. All the article says is a couple NFL teams approached him, and he expects to answer within the week. It’s a nice smoke screen for this week, when Texas shitcans Therman after we buttfuck Colorado at the Alamo. 

This further confirms the reason we were given for UM not coming - that he “indicated” he was “leaning towards not returning to coaching” - is bullshit. So what is it? He doesn’t want to make record breaking bank coaching at a top 5 college job where he can and will win fast? He’d rather go coach a dumpster NFL team in a shithole town? Fuck off. 

• Hook 'Em 6

6 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

Get the fuck outta here with all the LDE, people. All the article says is a couple NFL teams approached him, and he expects to answer within the week. It’s a nice smoke screen for this week, when Texas shitcans Therman after we buttfuck Colorado at the Alamo. 

This further confirms the reason we were given for UM not coming - that he “indicated” he was “leaning towards not returning to coaching” - is bullshit. So what is it? He doesn’t want to make record breaking bank coaching at a top 5 college job where he can and will win fast? He’d rather go coach a dumpster NFL team in a shithole town? Fuck off. 

LDE. Day Crew. 220. 221.

• Haha 2

I feel confident that with all I have read/heard we have given UM our best shot. I’m sure the “unknown” is intriguing but coming to Texas would cement his legacy in a way nothing else can. And I have to believe UM knows this.

I make zero apologies for thoroughly enjoying this thread. Its a blast. It’s the tits! I realize it gives some posters the shits but that’s because said posters don’t like to have any fun I decided. Lol. 

Best game on right now is Colts v Steelers. Thought Steelers were dead. Not so. Even though I will never like Big Ben. Never. 

Urban or Bust! 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

Very true.  If he went to Oklahoma State and beat OU three times in a row it would cement his legacy as the best of all time.  

It's hard to top Bob Simmons and his back to back wins but this would do it. I hope UM has the guts to go for it.

1 hour ago, wood said:

So who all do we have here saying categorically that there's no way Urban Meyer comes to Texas? I've lost track.

fisterman, beeper, swandered talent?, surlybevo?

Who else?

I've never said anything categorically.  I wouldn't say it's not gonna happen at all because like all the rest of you I have nothing concrete that he clearly said "no".  But yea I don't see promising signs in tweets to his wife and some of the other logic contortions being done here.  There is a lot of wishing in one hand here while the shit has been piling up in the other hand for a long time with regard to Texas Football and its ability to land a great coach.

Edited by Surly Bevo

Also I hate to break it to you all, but BDE or whatever isn't getting shit done.  It may be fun for some of you, but then again always talking about focusness was fun for that old fuck Bill in Sinton back in the day.  Let me let you in on something.... Bill's focusness didn't do a damn thing for Texas wins on the field.  The fact that we had some hard pipe hittin niggas littered all across the field led by one of the most explosive and dynamic players in the history of the sport is what brought those wins.  

Edited by Surly Bevo

So who all do we have here saying categorically that there's no way Urban Meyer comes to Texas? I've lost track.
fisterman, beeper, swandered talent?, surlybevo?
Who else?

+1

Taking my vitamins and saying my prayers for Nick Saban. Just as realistic as waiting on Urban. Plus, we were probably closer to him than ever getting Urban.

10 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Not sure I said “it isn’t gonna happen” but you have my sentiment correct. Because some people are reading into every one of Shelley’s responses and rationalizing why Urban would rather coach here than the NFL or any other college program. I think that’s pretty delusional when you don’t know the guy. 

I would not be shocked if he comes here because nothing shocks me. But I’d be very surprised. Saying “it isn’t gonna happen” is arrogant. But it’s not going to happen. 

So you're saying it's not gonna happen, but it might happen. Cool, cool, cool...

1 minute ago, babysdaddy said:

The reputation of this site? Are you fucking kidding me?

giphy.gif

The lower the better imo.  Be it known that the takes here are the worst and that the best posters are microbes that eat scum excrement.    To be put on ignore here means you are terrible beyond evaluation.  

So you're saying it's not gonna happen, but it might happen. Cool, cool, cool...

He’s saying that he hasn’t got the patience to view an interwebs message board where the crowd is talking tongue-in-cheek and making jokes about one of the greatest coaches of all time coming to coach their favorite football team, and that he also doesn’t understand why someone running said message board would try and capitalize off of the traffic.
Basically he doesn’t like fun, and wants us to keep it down.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

I've had a weird feeling about Brian Kelly for the last week. Makes too much sense. Not gonna win at ND because of assistant salaries and player restrictions. That guy wants to win. I think that's who we get. And even though he has a big red potato head, I'm down for it.

then Urban goes to ND and wins 2 titles

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

I've had a weird feeling about Brian Kelly for the last week. Makes too much sense. Not gonna win at ND because of assistant salaries and player restrictions. That guy wants to win. I think that's who we get. And even though he has a big red potato head, I'm down for it.

ND is ND, but how good is Kelly on the Crootin’?