Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

8 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Lol yea Kelly’s been chilling at ND making the same amount as the Wyoming coach for 10 years. Come on people 

ya sorry about that. bad information. It's more like $4M. At first I was thinking the low pay was some sort of catholic penance.

2 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Is this guy supposed to actually know stuff or is he another mystery "insider"?

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

He is extremely in the know. He’s more of a Mod than anything

It’s a sock that they use when they want to post information but do not want to be directly accountable for it in case a source gets pissed that something got out there. Ketchum used a number of socks in a similar manner. 

1 hour ago, taybo20 said:

Oh back to Kelly coming to Texas...lolz. That is not happening.

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

Agreed. ND is one of the best jobs in college football and they are about to be in the playoff. No need to take on a rebuild at Texas

Kelly coming here is waaaaaaaay more likely than you guys are thinking. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It’s a sock that they use when they want to post information but do not want to be directly accountable for it in case a source gets pissed that something got out there. Ketchum used a number of socks in a similar manner. 

Probably time to start a Kelly or Bust thread

5516FC37-E270-4454-8B55-A79E82A61794.png

He just turned down an ungodly amount of money with unlimited resources for a staff and a commitment to upgrade facilities in a state where he could dominate recruiting. It seems like he looking for something else unless he is just waiting to see what his NFL options are. 
You forget blowU is a football school, from top to bottom..it's their only reason for existence, and everyone associated with that glorified juco knows it...Urban as well. Giving up a little money (they would still have to pay him more than Riley) might be worth it for a school that asks what he needs..gives that to him and then hands him the keys to the program while the admin steps away.

Here's my totally uninformed theory of what's happening:

UM wants to coach again but his mafia wouldn't commit to joining him (whether a firm no or just not willing to decide during the season), leading him to the "inclined to say no." After the season, it'll be revisited to see who he can get to join him. Very real chance it ends up a no but who knows.

In the meantime, we obviously had to start feeling out other options. Kelly and Campbell have big games coming up so timing works out best all around to wait until everything is done. If OSU and ND lose, all the rumored candidates would be uninhibited Jan 3 (Kubiak's last game) so we can run an organized process and regain some leverage. 

NFL coaching carousel is a wild card. UM to NFL seems unlikely but JAX could happen. Could also cause some college turnover if someone like Day (Jets with Fields??), Riley, or even Kelly jumped. The faster those jobs fill up, the sooner we get clarity.

4 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Here's my totally uninformed theory of what's happening:

UM wants to coach again but his mafia wouldn't commit to joining him (whether a firm no or just not willing to decide during the season), leading him to the "inclined to say no." After the season, it'll be revisited to see who he can get to join him. Very real chance it ends up a no but who knows.

In the meantime, we obviously had to start feeling out other options. Kelly and Campbell have big games coming up so timing works out best all around to wait until everything is done. If OSU and ND lose, all the rumored candidates would be uninhibited Jan 3 (Kubiak's last game) so we can run an organized process and regain some leverage. 

NFL coaching carousel is a wild card. UM to NFL seems unlikely but JAX could happen. Could also cause some college turnover if someone like Day (Jets with Fields??), Riley, or even Kelly jumped. The faster those jobs fill up, the sooner we get clarity.

fucking no on Kubiag.  we can't wait to get an NFL QB and OL to run an NFL offense.  God help us.

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Jesus was a mod.  A sock is all the fake posters that fester over at 24/7, HD, OB.  Jesus used to be a mod there but he quit.  Hell Ketch outed who he was during the SAban thing.  Fatboy told Jesus to name his sources.

1 minute ago, hookem48 said:

I know

they have a certain number that he can have come in under the minimum requirements. Texas has a few "classes that don't count" but in general we allow anyone who meets the minimum.

Its not as debilitating as they make it out to be but it is harder.

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Breaking news! Highly sought after head coaches are highly coveted by teams who want to win! 

More to follow.

Keep this on the DL. We might have to create a secret invisible thread to keep this shit contained within Surly. 

I feel pretty confident that I know less than God and more than some posters. Had to post now before it winds up on other sites. I like to be ahead of the curve! Lmao! 

Only way to add any more legitimacy to this is to say you typed it from the port a potty. 

• Like 1

For me nothing has changed. Urban or Bust. Also, has it occurred to anyone that most of the viable head coach candidates have really good agents? And it’s the job of that agent to do things like spread positive rumors about their clients and try and get those clients more money and other amenities? I wasn’t sure if people know that. Lol. Urban or Bust. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Jesus was a mod.  A sock is all the fake posters that fester over at 24/7, HD, OB.  Jesus used to be a mod there but he quit.  Hell Ketch outed who he was during the SAban thing.  Fatboy told Jesus to name his sources.

Jesus was created by an ex-Barking Carnival dude looking to monetize intel using an amalgamation of sources, hence the big cigar. He and Tipsy Gypsy ran with it and brought it to IT
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

For me nothing has changed. Urban or Bust. Also, has it occurred to anyone that most of the viable head coach candidates have really good agents? And it’s the job of that agent to do things like spread positive rumors about their clients and try and get those clients more money and other amenities? I wasn’t sure if people know that. Lol. Urban or Bust. 

Don't try and explain things to day crew. They do not get it

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, pops said:

Save the kelly talk for when Meyer publicly says no. He hasn't and he won't because he's fucking coming. Night crew get your dicks up!

Mine never went down.

Just now, Texas Flood said:

Jesus was created by an ex-Barking Carnival dude looking to monetize intel and using an amalgamation of sources, hence the big cigar. He and Tipsy Gypsy ran with it and brought it to IT

Tipsy Gypsy = Eric Nahlin

Jesus Shuttlesworth and Tipsy Gypsy created Recruitocosm which was the initial amalgamation, but it was free.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, pops said:

Don't try and explain things to day crew. They do not get it

It’s not just day crew anymore but what is certain is that we know very little more about anything than we did when this thread started. Why all the negative vibes and other directions when we are rapidly approaching a time when we will finally know some actual shit I have no idea! Lol. 

• Haha 1