Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

On an internal cc this morning with work. Big bosses start off with, “Hope y’all had a nice Holiday.” And then our Director of Operations goes, “So Nicole, what’s going on with y’all’s head coaching thing? Urban headed to NFL?” (He went to SMU so I guess he finds all this really interesting). I told him Urban is in the bag. It’s all smoke about him turning us down and going anywhere but UT. We took a bet I would get five appointments by Friday. Had to take it! If I lose I have to take a campaign no one wants next week. BTE!!!!!! 

Urban or Bust! 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Except there was nothing general about claiming that I’d specifically said something and also, I deliberately hadn’t said it. You’re a cunt for not owning your bullshit. 

You’re right I said you. You made comments about how fox segments were a tell that urban was coming. Whatever, doesn’t even matter. 

14 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

You’re right I said you. You made comments about how fox segments were a tell that urban was coming. Whatever, doesn’t even matter. 

You're tearing me apart! You, you say one thing, and he says another, and then everybody changes back again!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

My wife and I are on our way to a beach vacation and at the gate I see a guy reading Surly on his phone while his wife deals with two unruly kids. And this is in Chicago. He must be dying to read the latest news about Urban Meyer. 

Are you sure it wasn't Meyer?

Where better to get career advice than Surly?

We’ll find out how much football means to Texas this week.  If nothings changed by this time next week, the message will have been sent.   

Texas season is done Tuesday, ND and OSU done Saturday.   If we get to Monday and nothings changed, better pray it’s Sark after Dark or we’re stuck with Herm for another 8-5 season. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

We’ll find out how much football means to Texas this week.  If nothings changed by this time next week, the message will have been sent.   

Texas season is done Tuesday, ND and OSU done Saturday.   If we get to Monday and nothings changed, better pray it’s Sark after Dark or we’re stuck with Herm for another 8-5 season. 

Hold on there bro - how are you getting to 8-5 with Casey Thompson and that OL and no Ossai?

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

"If the guy with a brain cyst and a family that hates his career doesn't want to coach for us, clearly it's the fault of our AD and president"

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

My wife and I are on our way to a beach vacation and at the gate I see a guy reading Surly on his phone while his wife deals with two unruly kids. And this is in Chicago. He must be dying to read the latest news about Urban Meyer. 

You didn't drop the standard greeting on him?  
"Hi, are you from the internet?"

8 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

But I thought you said Herman’s offenses are at their best with a Black QB. You know, like the time you called for a true fr Thompson to start over Sam. 

lulz at you remembering a throwaway comment from years ago and digging it up.  

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

Hold on there bro - how are you getting to 8-5 with Casey Thompson and that OL and no Ossai?

5 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

But I thought you said Herman’s offenses are at their best with a Black QB. You know, like the time you called for a true fr Thompson to start over Sam. 

Did you also forget that Casey Thompson is JT Barrett 2.0 even though they’re not even similar players? 

On 12/22/2018 at 2:06 PM, 6th Street said:

This isn't a big loss. Casey Thompson is legit. JT Barrett 2.0

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

I don't know how you found that but you made my day. 

He’s consistently called for Casey to start over Sam so I thought it was hilarious he’s now shitting on Thompson once he could be the starter. All I had to do was search for  Casey with him as the author and the results were fucking hilarious.  The black QB thing was just icing on the Charlie Strong-baked cake that is 6th Street’s posting history. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

2 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Sounds like CTJ is flying commercial

This was me on Christmas Day at IAH with 4 unruly kids and a wife kind of dealing with them and kind of throwing her hands up as well, about to fly to the desert in Arizona. Sad, and amusing. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Ha! Look! Finebaum (yes fuck him! It is the way) thinks UM would never be a fit in the NFL. Never! 

“I know last year there were conversations with the Cowboys and I think Urban, he’s itching to get back and there simply wasn’t anything in college that attracted him once Texas — he turned them down or they decided to wait,” Finebaum said on WJOX, per Saturday Tradition. “I don’t think Urban Meyer is a good fit for the NFL. I just think his approach is much better suited for college football. Urban Meyer is a very emotional coach. His temperament is uneven and I think the pro game would just grind him down because it never ends. And I’m not saying college football has an offseason, it doesn’t. But you do go from one thing to another where the NFL just never stops. And I also don’t know how Urban Meyer could get along with an owner. …And that’s one of the toughest parts of the job.”

——————

So Austin then! Urban or Bust!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, Nicole44 said:

Ha! Look! Finebaum (yes fuck him! It is the way) thinks UM would never be a fit in the NFL. Never! 

“I know last year there were conversations with the Cowboys and I think Urban, he’s itching to get back and there simply wasn’t anything in college that attracted him once Texas — he turned them down or they decided to wait,” Finebaum said on WJOX, per Saturday Tradition. “I don’t think Urban Meyer is a good fit for the NFL. I just think his approach is much better suited for college football. Urban Meyer is a very emotional coach. His temperament is uneven and I think the pro game would just grind him down because it never ends. And I’m not saying college football has an offseason, it doesn’t. But you do go from one thing to another where the NFL just never stops. And I also don’t know how Urban Meyer could get along with an owner. …And that’s one of the toughest parts of the job.”

——————

For dark mode users

“I know last year there were conversations with the Cowboys and I think Urban, he’s itching to get back and there simply wasn’t anything in college that attracted him once Texas — he turned them down or they decided to wait,” Finebaum said on WJOX, per Saturday Tradition. “I don’t think Urban Meyer is a good fit for the NFL. I just think his approach is much better suited for college football. Urban Meyer is a very emotional coach. His temperament is uneven and I think the pro game would just grind him down because it never ends. And I’m not saying college football has an offseason, it doesn’t. But you do go from one thing to another where the NFL just never stops. And I also don’t know how Urban Meyer could get along with an owner. …And that’s one of the toughest parts of the job.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

He’s consistently called for Casey to start over Sam so I thought it was hilarious he’s now shitting on Thompson once he could be the starter. All I had to do was search for  Casey with him as the author and the results were fucking hilarious.  

surprised he didn't ask for Mike White to get another year of eligibility...you can tell people that know football real well.  they call for the backup immediately.

1 hour ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

"If the guy with a brain cyst and a family that hates his career doesn't want to coach for us, clearly it's the fault of our AD and president"

Reading comprehension is tough for you, eh? 

if it’s Urban, fucking dope, but the point of my post was the getting Herman the fuck out.  If the purpose of football is money, we’ll know and if it’s winning, we’ll see movement.  Also added NDs year ending and the Sark rumor in the post as well.  

Get your piss right, not at a championship level right now. 

1 hour ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

It will be when he ends up coaching for someone else

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

This was me on Christmas Day at IAH with 4 unruly kids and a wife kind of dealing with them and kind of throwing her hands up as well, about to fly to the desert in Arizona. Sad, and amusing. 

I'm in Arizona,  hit me up if you want to get a drink with one of the poors. 

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

——————

I make it a habit to try to ignore Finebaum completely, but I have to agree with him on this.  I think that the article by Thamel or whoever saying he was going to the NFL, with the main argument being that he wouldn't like college anymore because it is becoming like the NFL, was about the dumbest thing I have read.  And there has been plenty of dumb things written about Urban.  I mean, when your basis is that he won't have as much control over personnel and control of the program as he was used to, so he is just going to go NFL where he has NO control over anything except coaching.  That is a stupid argument. 

Sure, he may end up in the NFL, but it will be a very bad fit and he won't be there long before his health issues start screaming back.  I think if he is coaching again, it will be in college. 

I hope all of you optimistic fuckers are right, and this is just an elaborate smoke screen to buy time until next weekend.  If we are still looking at the same situation next Monday, Texas Football will be as dead to me as Texas Basketball.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4