Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

5 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Where was the info proving no credibility?  In fact some posters here previously tracked down that he is connected on both the agent side of things and with BMDs.  He's got as much credibility as FCB (Texas to PAC12!, Saban to Texas!) and the other 9.95ers that are regularly posited here with their useless and inaccurate tripe.

I can't say I subscribe to his entire newsletter, but wasn't he all-in on an UM to Texas announcement on a certain day, then when it didn't happen, he posted a cryptic picture of the Grinch?  Which of course the peasants took as some kind of secret message that it's a done deal.  It's straight out of the $9.95 handbook.  He's no better or worse than Jesus Shuttleworth.

2 hours ago, Tex Long said:

The deal is done. It's been done since back around Thanksgiving. Part of the deal is that Urban gets an Assistant AD for Football, to insulate him and be a go-between with the AD. Urban is in charge, including the timing and situation of the Announcement. It is coming, and it will be everything we hoped for. We can speculate why Urban is doing it this way, and what are the elements driving the timing, but it won't do any good, other than giving us all our pleasures of social intercourse.  

I would just point out that Tex has been consistent with this message for about 2 months and predicted several weeks ago everything we've seen so far.

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, Assman said:

He's proven that he's not much of a source and has zero credibility.  This is the same as me making a tweet or post based one zero evidence and having someone take it as truth.  I realize we're thirsty for info but at what point do we start weeding out the sources?

Never. We believe anyone who will state with certainty that UM is coming here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Assman said:

I can't say I subscribe to his entire newsletter, but wasn't he all-in on an UM to Texas announcement on a certain day, then when it didn't happen, he posted a cryptic picture of the Grinch?  Which of course the peasants took as some kind of secret message that it's a done deal.  It's straight out of the $9.95 handbook.  He's no better or worse than Jesus Shuttleworth.

I don't know if he's better or worse than a 9.95er, but I imagine we are not going to stop posting 9.95er stuff.  If we stop posting stuff from $9.95ers, what exactly are we doing here - other than brisket and alcohol?

if you see the angel number 800, it means that your angel is urging you to remain persistent.

Your Guardian Angel is screaming get on the Urban Express and ride this thing to 1000 and beyond. 

Ain’t no party like Urban life party, cause an Urban Life party don’t stop

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

He's proven that he's not much of a source and has zero credibility.  This is the same as me making a tweet or post based one zero evidence and having someone take it as truth.  I realize we're thirsty for info but at what point do we start weeding out the sources?

Look, you start putting that sort of criteria on this thread and all we will have left is posts about farting and boobs.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Look, you start putting that sort of criteria on this thread and all we will have left is posts about farting and boobs.

Outside of political shit flinging, some solid recipe and restaurant recs and an occasional game thread that's all this place really is. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Assman said:

BTW, I just talked to a plugged in BMD and he confirmed that we are no longer considering UM.

You're a vile one
You got termites in your smile
You have all the tender sweetness
Of a seasick crocodile
Mr. Grinch
You're a foul one
Friends you don't have none
I wouldn't touch you with a 39-and-a-half foot pole!

• Haha 3