Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

He indicated to Texas that he’s probably turning it down.

Again, no one is going to turn down or indicate they will accept a non-existent job until there is one. There will be no straight answer either way. Back channels or otherwise. These people (or their agents) aren’t stupid. If they are, we probably don’t want them anyway.

• Hook 'Em 2

The noise is slowly starting to get a little louder now that we are past Christmas. There’s still simply not much to talk about right now though. These are the timeline dates to watch:

NSD 1

Bowl Game

End of tOSU’s season.

NSD 2

I think a lot of people are going to freak out if Herman isn’t fired after the bowl game. I’ve been told repeatedly he won’t be fired until we have our next guy tee’d up. I interpret that as us not being interested in a formal coaching search. 

I think that’s us thinking strategically and trying to keep the noise under control. I’m kind of curious to see if CDC would go against that strategy out of respect for Herman and his future opportunities. 

1 minute ago, Caddox said:

The noise is slowly starting to get a little louder now that we are past Christmas. There’s still simply not much to talk about right now though. These are the timeline dates to watch:

NSD 1

Bowl Game

End of tOSU’s season.

NSD 2

No shit? LOL.

5 minutes ago, Caddox said:

NSD 1

Bowl Game

End of tOSU’s season.

NSD 2

I think a lot of people are going to freak out if Herman isn’t fired after the bowl game. I’ve been told repeatedly he won’t be fired until we have our next guy tee’d up. I interpret that as us not being interested in a formal coaching search. 

I think that’s us thinking strategically and trying to keep the noise under control. I’m kind of curious to see if CDC would go against that strategy out of respect for Herman and his future opportunities. 

NSD 2?  Is Meyer going to wait until after then so he doesn't hurt OSU's recruiting? lol

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Whenever. If you’re gonna do it, do it. If not, announce it. The shit bowl game doesn’t matter anyway in this situation. Dumbfuck speculations only that until you have an opening.

Yeah I hear you, but now that we’re two/three days from a game and past the first NSD1; I’m beginning to think they don’t do anything. And yes, I know what Shittlesworth and others have said about Herman being a dead man walking - I just don’t see it happening. 
Further, reading the Recruiting board Hurst’s flat pisses me off. I’m beginning to feel like The University is OK with becoming a Stanford, Cal, Michigan. Great academics; mediocre (big 3) athletics.

It sucks, too. My oldest will be enrolling in August. I want her to enjoy going to something other than Vball & Swimming matches. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

NSD 2?  Is Meyer going to wait until after then so he doesn't hurt OSU's recruiting? lol

no, I think he's saying if we get close to the date with no movement, then its likely we are staying status quo.  He's saying that is a "date to watch".

40 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

He just turned down an ungodly amount of money with unlimited resources for a staff and a commitment to upgrade facilities in a state where he could dominate recruiting. It seems like he looking for something else unless he is just waiting to see what his NFL options are. 

Urban Meyer at OU seems more of a fit than Urban at UT.  OU is a blue blood that competes for national titles, so it checks that box.  OU will pay top dollar for head coaches.  OU has no problem recruiting top tier talent from Texas, so it checks that box, too.  and OU will look the other way at any indiscretions that may come Urban's way.  hell, OU encourages indiscretion.  so Urban won't have to change a thing.  he can be the immoral POS that he's always been and will adored for it at OU.  people at Texas will plug their noses while celebrating any success Urban has at Texas.

Edited by Jive Turkey
  • Fuck You 7

1 minute ago, NTVTXN said:

Yeah I hear you, but now that we’re two/three days from a game and past the first NSD1; I’m beginning to think they don’t do anything. And yes, I know what Shittlesworth and others have said about Herman being a dead man walking - I just don’t see it happening. 
Further, reading the Recruiting board Hurst’s flat pisses me off. I’m beginning to feel like The University is OK with becoming a Stanford, Cal, Michigan. Great academics; mediocre (big 3) athletics.

It sucks, too. My oldest will be enrolling in August. I want her to enjoy going to something other than Vball & Swimming matches. 

I guess what I am saying is I don’t know if anything is happening or not (again, I choose to believe something is going to happen). There is no job opening at this time. It could be anyone as far as we know…or no one. I am, however, sure that anybody we may have on the radar if an opening is created is (hopefully and professionally) wise enough to not indicate any leanings one way or another until there is a job open to indicate said feelings. Especially in this era of social media where keeping things on the down-low is next to impossible

• Like 1

i don't see Urban Meyer going to the NFL.  not because he's concerned about his legacy or he's not sure he can succeed there or any stupid shit like that.  he's an alpha.  he thinks he can win anywhere because he's Urban fucking Meyer.  i don't see it happening because he's never shown an interest in it before.  why now?

look at Nick Saban.  Saban was DB coach for the Oilers and DC for the Browns before he landed the Michigan State HC job.  that's a guy that got a taste of the NFL and you could see him wanting to come back to be an HC there.  Urban has 30+ years of coaching experience.  it's all at the college level (well, one year of high school ball).  he's not making the jump now.

• Hook 'Em 1

You can put me in the “no thanks” camp on Kelly. He’s an asshole to everyone- players and coaches. Tough love is one thing but Kelly embarrasses the shit out if people on national TV the way he goes off on them. I’m all for holding people accountable for their mistakes (Herman is the worst about this BTW) but I just don’t think Kelly does it the right way. If winning doesn’t come quick, I’d wager you’d see a lot of guys in the portal.

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, Caddox said:

NSD 1

Bowl Game

End of tOSU’s season.

NSD 2

real life vouch.  do you speak it?  otherwise, you are trolling fetch.  please stop posting.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

You can put me in the “no thanks” camp on Kelly. He’s an asshole to everyone- players and coaches. Tough love is one thing but Kelly embarrasses the shit out if people on national TV the way he goes off on them. I’m all for holding people accountable for their mistakes (Herman is the worst about this BTW) but I just don’t think Kelly does it the right way. If winning doesn’t come quick, I’d wager you’d see a lot of guys in the portal.

Kelly seems really good until it's a big game or something

13 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

if he doesn't win he will be gone.  I could care less on how he goes off on people who he is responsible for as long as he wins.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

kelly + texas cigars = Na + O2

20 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

again, I choose to believe something is going to happen)

Username checks out. 😉 well, I hope you pull the big end! (That’s what she said?)

And I’m with you.  Mum’s been the word because either, 1) it’s not happening (because there’s not yet an opening) or b) the convo’s that have been had didn’t go the way the leadership had liked and they’re holding. 

if he doesn't win he will be gone.  I could care less on how he goes off on people who he is responsible for as long as he wins.

As I’ve said on here before, if you’re not getting Urban then you’re “settling” for someone. No one we hire beyond UM is gunna satisfy everyone here.
As for me, if Kelly’s mean but wins games at ND with a little less resources than he could here, then I’ll take that over Herman 10 out of 10 times.
You’re not getting Saban, Dabo or even a Day, so be prepared to have some reservations who they do get (if not UM), but the bottom line is the team will be better off for it.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

As I’ve said on here before, if you’re not getting Urban then you’re “settling” for someone. No one we hire beyond UM is gunna satisfy everyone here.
As for me, if Kelly’s mean but wins games at ND with a little less resources than he could here, then I’ll take that over Herman 10 out of 10 times.
You’re not getting Saban, Dabo or even a Day, so be prepared to have some reservations who they do get (if not UM), but the bottom line is the team will be better off for it.

well of course. that is obvious.  they need an experienced head coach that knows how to build a top flight staff.   we hired 2 inexperienced G5 head coaches who had no idea how to build a top flight staff. they ran with their boys and got smoked(Herman less so than Charlie because I think he has SOME level of head coaching in him) I think there are multiple HC's in P5 that could do that.

2 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Kelly struck me as an ass when hired at ND, but I've done a 180 since listening to his interviews and players talk about him. He seems like a really down to earth likeable guy who the players obviously respond to.

he doesn't blow smoke up their butt or play mind games or do stupid infantile stuff.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Kelly struck me as an ass when hired at ND, but I've done a 180 since listening to his interviews and players talk about him. He seems like a really down to earth likeable guy who the players obviously respond to.

Yeah, I think he kinda looks like a dick, but not so much an actual dick.

Breaking news! Highly sought after head coaches are highly coveted by teams who want to win! 

More to follow.

Keep this on the DL. We might have to create a secret invisible thread to keep this shit contained within Surly. 

I feel pretty confident that I know less than God and more than some posters. Had to post now before it winds up on other sites. I like to be ahead of the curve! Lmao! 

1D1CA883-0237-4261-89EE-6BF46ED602F2.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, hookem48 said:

Getting relatively close to NSD 2 would indicate we are keeping Herman. I just threw it in there bc UM will want time to try to flip some kids. 

• Like 1