Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

First Class Pizza in Irvine.  It was good.  Maybe too many toppings if there's such a thing?

You ever go to pizza press?  Not sure if there’s more than one but the one we went to is in aneheim across from Disney. 
maybe it was because we walked Disney for 14 hours before entering both nights, but their stuff was great. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Sorry - but that's on you. Ensuring everyone has a good passport before booking a trip to Mexico definitely a male responsibility. I beleive you have just discovered why. 

Also don't forget to make sure to get your Global Entry renewed (good for 5 years), since GE includes TSA-precheck.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BachelorTrek said:

Also don't forget to make sure to get your Global Entry renewed (good for 5 years), since GE includes TSA-precheck.

Is he going to be doing these things on Christmas Day, this weekend, or before his flight leaves on Monday?  Hope he’s in Houston if he’s in Texas, as I think that’s the only same day in-person passport processing office in the state. 

7 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

RIP Eddie Van Halen.

Yep. Legend. The stories in the EVH thread about posters blowing out their speakers when the first VH album came out and going to the concerts are awesome. Can’t imagine trying to put together shit for kiddos at this hour. Hopefully, it all went well and everyone is sleeping. Lol. 

UM or bust! It is the only option. Go big or go home! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Griff said:

As the great John McClane once said ‘Welcome to the party pal!’   Spent many years reading the Shag and now Surly. Y’all are some wild and crazy folks.

For my first post I say:

Merry Christmas (food pics tonight are making me hungry except that wtf brisket)

OU Sucks!

RIP Edward Van Halen

Hail the mighty artistry of Thujune

Night Crew has the right vibe to make this deal happen.

Viva Urban Meyer, the next Texas head coach!

& finally Hook ’Em

Yeah, uh, you can’t welcome yourself and frankly, I’m suspicious.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Yeah, uh, you can’t welcome yourself and frankly, I’m suspicious.

I’m on the fence! It took like 8 years for me to be marginally accepted and yet...I feel like there should be some kind of trial by fire litmus test. How would that work? 

Not intended as a self welcome. Just an enthusiastic first post from someone who is sick of Herman’s shit and ready for a change. Believe UM is the best hope we have to right the ship. Gotta start somewhere and know it’s a tough crowd...

• Hook 'Em 3

I’m still on the urban train, don’t fret. But I’ve seen some of the other names thrown around if it’s not urban and it’s upsetting to see the guy second on my Christmas coach wish list never mentioned. I know there’s lots of risk with nfl coaches with little college experience but if I could money whip someone that I think would do incredible here it’d be Eric bieniemy. Runs the best offense in football, could recruit well with background, players coach, winner, former recruiting coordinator. Yes nfl to college is risky but it’s a shame someone that will be a head coach next year isn’t getting a call. There’s my Christmas wish. Happy holidays to the night crew. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Griff said:

Not intended as a self welcome. Just an enthusiastic first post from someone who is sick of Herman’s shit and ready for a change. Believe UM is the best hope we have to right the ship. Gotta start somewhere and know it’s a tough crowd...

If all true, welcome! 🤘🏼

3 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I’m still on the urban train, don’t fret. But I’ve seen some of the other names thrown around if it’s not urban and it’s upsetting to see the guy second on my Christmas coach wish list never mentioned. I know there’s lots of risk with nfl coaches with little college experience but if I could money whip someone that I think would do incredible here it’d be Eric bieniemy. Runs the best offense in football, could recruit well with background, players coach, winner, former recruiting coordinator. Yes nfl to college is risky but it’s a shame someone that will be a head coach next year isn’t getting a call. There’s my Christmas wish. Happy holidays to the night crew. 

Bieniemy hasn’t been given a fair shot. There is a perception that his success is a product solely of Reid. He’s worked his way up and should be considered and has earned the right to HC a team. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

If all true, welcome! 🤘🏼

Appreciate it Nicole...  Not sure how any quizzes or how the Surly background check works ...do I need to post my Texas Exes life member #?...Hope this helps...

I’ve been around long enough to see the good/bad days a couple of times. Spent my days at UT during the Peter The Great years when team wasn’t always on top, but beat OU.  Knocking off Houston in ‘90 was the loudest game I’ve ever been to.   Haven’t made it to nearly enough games in person as not in Austin, but have been to some good ones post grad.  Saw Ricky get pissed after a guy stepped on his hand to run over Baylor in 2nd half the game before breaking the record against EaTmE.   Saw Major knock off Nebraska at home and eventually named my dog after him (both a bit scrappy)...also Pro Major over Simms. ..Enjoyed watching Vince and Cedric (RIP) run all over Nebraska, leading to them ultimately canning Solich. Sat in the end zone at Collie Station to watch Colt win a few games away of what should have been another national championship. (Damn pinched nerve...had one in my hs playing days and totally get where he couldn’t hold a ball...I lost feeling in my arm and thumb for almost a month so I get it)...   I try to forget the bad ones like 91 Cotton Bowl (thank God for Jack Daniels keeping me warm and erasing my memory of the Shock the Nation finale) and the Big 12CS vs Colorado 2001.  2004 helped cleanse the latter, but ready to have Horns stomp them at the Alamo bowl.

Regardless, this is the UM or Bust thread...so sacrificing a Ham and Turkey...might drink a shot for Jobu to make it so.

🤘

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, Griff said:

Appreciate it Nicole...  Not sure how any quizzes or how the Surly background check works ...do I need to post my Texas Exes life member #?...Hope this helps...

I’ve been around long enough to see the good/bad days a couple of times. Spent my days at UT during the Peter The Great years when team wasn’t always on top, but beat OU.  Knocking off Houston in ‘90 was the loudest game I’ve ever been to.   Haven’t made it to nearly enough games in person as not in Austin, but have been to some good ones post grad.  Saw Ricky get pissed after a guy stepped on his hand to run over Baylor in 2nd half the game before breaking the record against EaTmE.   Saw Major knock off Nebraska at home and eventually named my dog after him (both a bit scrappy)...also Pro Major over Simms. ..Enjoyed watching Vince and Cedric (RIP) run all over Nebraska, leading to them ultimately canning Solich. Sat in the end zone at Collie Station to watch Colt win a few games away of what should have been another national championship. (Damn pinched nerve...had one in my hs playing days and totally get where he couldn’t hold a ball...I lost feeling in my arm and thumb for almost a month so I get it)...   I try to forget the bad ones like 91 Cotton Bowl (thank God for Jack Daniels keeping me warm and erasing my memory of the Shock the Nation finale) and the Big 12CS vs Colorado 2001.  2004 helped cleanse the latter, but ready to have Horns stomp them at the Alamo bowl.

Regardless, this is the UM or Bust thread...so sacrificing a Ham and Turkey...might drink a shot for Jobu to make it so.

🤘

🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Is he going to be doing these things on Christmas Day, this weekend, or before his flight leaves on Monday?  Hope he’s in Houston if he’s in Texas, as I think that’s the only same day in-person passport processing office in the state. 

You can get it handled same day in Dallas now as we discovered when denied clearance on a vacation to Italy last year. I made the same mistake. Girlfriend in charge of passports. Her papers were still valid but Italy required some months grace period before expiration. She cut it too close. I spent 4 hours at the airport guarding a Zsa Zsa Gabor level luggage count while she spent the day downtown. To the credit of the airline (Delta or American, I forget) they squared us away on an evening departure for no penalty. 

7 hours ago, TexasRenegade said:

Ya'll mocked the lack of furniture on our new back porch a couple of weeks back. 

Well merry Christmas to me in 4-6 weeks.

IMG_1127.jpg

A swinging daybed...  interesting. 

Good looking swing.  The wife and me kick ourselves for not investing in a front porch instead of landscaping a few years ago.  

6 hours ago, Hmbre97 said:

.ace78970d6c0770b71a639bdea5b4ca9.jpg

Remember Jr getting some monster of a lego train/village set that took me through CE/CM to put together, think he played with it for about a week before getting bored with it and moving on to something else.  Everything we bought from then on was pre-assembled. 

3 hours ago, Griff said:

🤘

a simple pay stub will be sufficient, sir

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Enjoy it, miss those days terribly. 

This. Kids are all grown now, and grandkids haven’t been produced yet. It’s a blast hanging out with mature adult children who share your values and sense of humor, but I miss my little kids, particularly on holidays. Seeing the joy on their faces when they open a present, reading a book to them, having them fall asleep in my arms. Enjoy your little ones while they are little. Soak up every moment. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4