Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

10 minutes ago, Llogg said:

I just hate people who think they are special and don't need to follow rules that exist for the greater good. You seem like a selfish prick.

Calm down, Nancy.  It’s a water faucet.  

Should we consider you a selfish prick or just special if you break the speed limit or roll a 4 way stop sign?  I mean greater good and what not. B

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Yes

So which is it? Special or selfish prick?

Seriously, the 1.8 g / m flow restriction on faucets is not well thought out.  Filling glasses, pitchers and pots with water is a variable depending on size.  Slowing the rate of fill is pointless. 

Restrictions the size of plumbing fixtures like a toilet makes sense.  Using a bunch of water for a piss every hour is not smart.   

26 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Seriously, the 1.8 g / m flow restriction on faucets is not well thought out.  Filling glasses, pitchers and pots with water is a variable depending on size.  Slowing the rate of fill is pointless. 

Restrictions the size of plumbing fixtures like a toilet makes sense.  Using a bunch of water for a piss every hour is not smart.   

Great point, low flow faucets are a bit of a scam. The toilet issue is a proper place to reduce flow.  There is the if it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down method as well.

1 hour ago, deadshank said:

That's why it should be legal for men to piss outside anywhere, anytime...Not just in downtown Austin, Los Angeles, San Fran, Portland and Seattle.  

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Great point, low flow faucets are a bit of a scam. The toilet issue is a proper place to reduce flow.  There is the if it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down method as well.

If I wanted my bathroom to smell like stale piss I would move to the Cotton Bowl.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Llogg said:

I just hate people who think they are special and don't need to follow rules that exist for the greater good. You seem like a selfish prick.

Seriously. I followed the rules when I bought a faucet, shower head, and a low flow toilet because you know, with the amount of time my wife spends in the shower, I can see the benefit of restricting the flow rate. 

But this is a beverage faucet that dispenses filtered water that goes into a glass, that touches my lips and into my stomach, and eventually out of my penis. There is hardly ANY wastage there.

And as I mentioned in my OP, EVERY OTHER SITE I visited would sell it to me except they were out of stock, and the only place that had stock wouldn’t sell it to me for whatever reason.

But stay on your moral high ground and let us earth killers have our drinking water come out of the dispenser just a little bit faster. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Seriously. I followed the rules when I bought a faucet, shower head, and a low flow toilet because you know, with the amount of time my wife spends in the shower, I can see the benefit of restricting the flow rate. 

But this is a beverage faucet that dispenses filtered water that goes into a glass, that touches my lips and into my stomach, and eventually out of my penis. There is hardly ANY wastage there.

And as I mentioned in my OP, EVERY OTHER SITE I visited would sell it to me except they were out of stock, and the only place that had stock wouldn’t sell it to me for whatever reason.

But stay on your moral high ground and let us earth killers have our drinking water come out of the dispenser just a little bit faster. 

Earth Killers would be a great heavy metal band name.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

That's why it should be legal for men to piss outside anywhere, anytime...Not just in downtown Austin, Los Angeles, San Fran, Portland and Seattle.  

This.  During pandemic, I started pissing again out of doors, in empty parking garages, etc.  If those guys can shoot up heroin and take a shit in a bucket and dump the bucket into a "Drains into Barton Creek" storm drain...I can take a quick leak in the woods off of Via Fortuna.  I ended up with about a half dozen go-to places during the really bad months of Covid when there was no sense in risking going into a public place to use the restroom (shit, half the places closed their bathrooms to anyone except employees early on when they thought you could get it from surfaces).  I should have invented the outdoor iToilet app like Costanza.  If you're anywhere between the River, Ben White, 360, and IH-35...I got a private place you can take a leak.

There are no homophobes in glory holes.  Wait, no...in fox holes.  Wait, something about bushes.  Dammit, I had something for this.  

You're right though, we're leaving money on the dresser.  I mean, on the table.  Chocolate.  

4 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Great point, low flow faucets are a bit of a scam.

4 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Yup. Takes extra flushes and ultimately wastes more water.

you shit in your sink?

Edited by elfenix
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, elfenix said:

you shit in your sink?

Had a colleague who said his 95 year old great granddad upon hearing his wife say she wanted to install indoor plumbing said...

"you wanna SHIT !?................  IN THE HOUSE ??!!

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Fuck the clueless assholes who bring their boom boxes to the beach, set up right next to us with the volume cranked up to 10. 
listen to the music of the surf, you shitheads.

And the people who bring speakers while they’re hiking a trail.

Listen to nature, or listen to your music using earphones, but don’t ruin the experience for those of us that just want to get away from cities and suburbs for a few hours. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Guest Lobo
15 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

why yall toilets so backwards

Because we live in the Northern Hemisphere?
We're talking about flush flow, right?  

23 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Let's get the Liberty Bowl parking lot on this list.

Worth bathroom capacity situation I've ever seen.

i bought a used car in March. every fucking day there is more mail/postcards regarding 3rd party warranty offers/scams. They all have  last chance expirtion dates for a week away....and that date keeps getting pushed out. The volume of mail is so large they must be able to con a fair number of people to justify the effort.  I don't know if they scrape my information from state title records, or if the dealer sells the info, but goddamn....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

14 hours ago, 52-80 said:

why yall toilets so backwards

64540787.cms?width=680&height=512&imgsiz

5225.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=

I use those various places and I have no idea if the 2 buttons actually function differently. I've intentionally tried both in many places and see no difference in the flush. (Yes, that means I waste twice the water, but it's for science.)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sam Lin said:

I use those various places and I have no idea if the 2 buttons actually function differently. I've intentionally tried both in many places and see no difference in the flush. (Yes, that means I waste twice the water, but it's for science.)

These that are directly behind you in the middle of the tank or on the wall right behind you are a pain to give a courtesy flush while sitting.

Jagoffs that approach an intersection with a red light and decide to cut into and then haul ass across an adjoining parking lot so they don't have to stop.

It is always nice when the light turns green and you get to drive by them when they get hung up by traffic and you get to drive by them while they're stuck in the lot trying to get back out on the main lanes.

• Rage+1 1