2019 Fiesta Bowl: Ohio State vs Clemson

USMCHorn

1 minute ago, troph said:

Neither are great for Bama. LSU is a nightmare for Texas and our East Texas recruiting.

Of course not but LSU has not won a title in a decade, Clemson 2 in the last 3 years. LSU also loses its generational QB next year, Clemson does not lose Lawrence. Also Clemson has shown the ability to keep its coaches safe from off season poaching. Hopefully Brady ends up taking a NFL OC job or even HC job. He is really the difference in LSU last year and this year.

For sure. He could have easily cut in front of the defender for an easy pitch and catch. But I have no idea what the WR was doing. Was it some sort of hot read route? Fields looked confident and did not hesitate at all going to where he thought the WR would be.
my guess is that when our new oc gets here we will be calling this exact play. A LOT.

Of course not but LSU has not won a title in a decade, Clemson 2 in the last 3 years. LSU also loses its generational QB next year, Clemson does not lose Lawrence. Also Clemson has shown the ability to keep its coaches safe from off season poaching. Hopefully Brady ends up taking a NFL OC job or even HC job. He is really the difference in LSU last year and this year.

That’s the bama rationale. I get it. Clemson is far enough away regionally that they are irrelevant to Texas if Texas can just take care of its business.
  • Like 1

Fully aware of the way the rest feel about Bama. I just do not want Clemson to win another and become an even bigger monster. I am kinda hoping this is mostly a one and done thing for LSU. Not that they will completely collapse but if they loses several coaches, along with their generational QB, they will be easier to deal with down the road. 

Shut up, ur so jealous Clemson will eclipse you.

5 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:
10 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

This...do walk on freshman even dress or go to games like this?

well since thay is herbie's my guess they is butt nekkid in the locker room trying not to think of Marie Osmond coffee enema.

I'm digging your theme tonight my man. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, troph said:

That’s the bama rationale. I get it. Clemson is far enough away regionally that they are irrelevant to Texas if Texas can just take care of its business.

in the new college football landscape, nobody is too far to be irrelevant. the Top 5 programs realize they are competing in the same pool. It would be nice if Texas woke up and did the same. Clemson's recruiting is now getting to the level of Bama's etc. You think they won't look at difference makers in Texas? Sure, LSU is the greater threat but please, don't say Clemson will be irrelevant to Texas' goals.

Edited by naija

IMO, reasons tOSU lost, in no particular order of importance:

- Chase Young was contained very well. No signature monster play(s)

- Dobbins injured and out for a few series, stopped the Buck offense

- Dobbins 1 or 2 key drops

- Bad call on that non fumble for TD

- DB Wade out , ejected

in the new college football landscape, nobody is too far to be irrelevant. the Top 5 programs realize they are competing in the same pool. It would be nice if Texas woke up and did the same. Clemson's recruiting is now getting to the level of Bama's etc. You think they won't look at difference makers in Texas? Sure, LSU is the greater threat but please, don't say Clemson will be irrelevant to Texas' goals.

Splitting hairs. How many difference makers on the Clemson team today are from Texas? How many for LSU? How about the 2-deep? I don’t even know and would bet money on LSU having several more and Clemson having possibly zero.

Just now, NowThis said:

- DB Wade out , ejected

Clemson was also without their top WR while OSU was getting up 16-0.

it cuts both ways.

The biggest reason is FGs instead of TDs

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Not so sure Clemson is better than the Suckeyes, but the Tigers won a GREAT GAME tonight!

I went to the 2018 Rose Bowl b/w Georgia and OU, and while that game was the best live game I’ve ever been to, and a touch better than this one, this was close.  It’s why I love watching college football.  Even when my team sucks donkey balls.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NowThis said:

- DB Wade out , ejected

- Clemson has the best player in CFB

4 minutes ago, NowThis said:

- DB Wade out , ejected

That was not a bad call on the fumble/td, as it wasn’t a fumble when watched at full speed.

1 minute ago, troph said:

Splitting hairs. How many difference makers on the Clemson team today are from Texas? How many for LSU?

somebody must have asked this same question about a midwestern school 4 years ago. or Bama. how many difference makers on Bama are from Texas?

2 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

That was not a bad call on the fumble/td, as it wasn’t a fumble when watched at full speed.

It was called a fumble on the field when watched by the refs at full speed.

And then it was clearly a fumble when watched via replay.

So it was not a bad call, that's true.  But it was a terrible reversal of the correct call.

Anyway, as Dabo clearly stated, God hates the Buckeyes so it all worked out for the better in the end.