2019 Alamo Bowl: Texas vs. #11 Utah - Pregame Discussion Thread

texifornia

2 hours ago, ConferenceRoom said:

The Garrison Brothers have begun the invasion of my blood stream.

IMG_0645.JPG

These are the tits by the way.

Took the tour several years ago and bought a fresh used barrel. Aged a vanilla stout in it for a few months. Damn that was a good beer. Thought the bourbon was way  overpriced, may have to give it another shot.

Edited by Dilligas

Took the tour several years ago and bought a fresh used keg. Aged a vanilla stout in it for a few months. Damn that was a good beer. Thought the bourbon was way  overpriced, may have to give it another shot.

I wish I could have gotten down on that stout. Ice really opens up the bourbon and the taste profile.

6 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

Took the tour several years ago and bought a fresh used barrel. Aged a vanilla stout in it for a few months. Damn that was a good beer. Thought the bourbon was way  overpriced, may have to give it another shot.

In case you’re wondering, their bourbon is still severely overpriced.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

I wish I could have gotten down on that stout. Ice really opens up the bourbon and the taste profile.

Had it on tap at the Shade Tree Saloon for about a week. Think there’s a few ounces in a 1 gallon keg up there. Will definitely check tomorrow.

I really hope Utah is not allowed to bring there Ute on a leash in front of Bevo. Can’t have a repeat of Uggo or whatever the dogs name is.

You know, I thought this was funny until I looked up what a Ute is. So now I’m an idiot but will take the asswhippin I deserve.

Edited by Dilligas
I’m stoopid
  • Like 1

• immamac locked and unlocked this topic
1 minute ago, Augustus said:

Well I'll be the pedant here.

The decade ends at the end of next year.

You’re technically correct.

However, I’m a numbers guy. If the third digit of the year changes, I personally see it as a new decade.

Also, when discussing Texas football, Colt McCoy’s freak injury happened January 7, 2010. We went 5-7 later that year and never recovered. Therefore our “decade” of misery is defined as the twenty-teens. 

Just now, MillerEP said:

When you tell people your age and say you’re in your 20s does that mean you’re 19?

No, but that doesn't apply. The kid doesn't turn 1 until the END of his first year.

The calendar didn't start with the year zero.  It started with year 1.

The first decade ended at the end of year 10.

You can do the math from there.

He's actually not technically correct, he's just really stupid. That "decade ends next year" is something stupid people say to try and sound smart.

Sam Ehlinger gonna punch these mormon rejects in the throat.

1 minute ago, USNALonghorn said:

You’re technically correct.

However, I’m a numbers guy. If the third digit of the year changes, I personally see it as a new decade.

Also, when discussing Texas football, Colt McCoy’s freak injury happened January 7, 2010. We went 5-7 later that year and never recovered. Therefore our “decade” of misery is defined as the twenty-teens. 

We've pretty much transitioned to that, given we celebrated the arrival of the new millennium in 2000, instead of 2001 when it actually began.

It's not a big deal, thus my reference to myself as a pedant.

1 minute ago, BigXII said:

He's actually not technically correct, he's just really stupid. That "decade ends next year" is something stupid people say to try and sound smart.

Sam Ehlinger gonna punch these mormon rejects in the throat.

Actually it's something stupid people don't understand, obviously including yourself.

It's not "technically" correct.  It's a fact.

Edited by Augustus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Augustus said:

The calendar didn't start with the year zero.  It started with year 1.

The first decade ended at the end of year 10.

You can do the math from there.

There are plenty of calendars that start with year 0, you inarticulate fuck. The hindi calendar, the thai calendar, etc. Not to mention even within the Gregorian time metrics, we begin the clock at 0:00:00.

1 minute ago, BigXII said:

There are plenty of calendars that start with year 0, you inarticulate fuck. The hindi calendar, the thai calendar, etc. Not to mention even within the Gregorian time metrics, we begin the clock at 0:00:00.

What was the first year of the calendar "we" use?