Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

55 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I know we're all just taking turns bagging on Trump, but there is now a serious question before us. 

I'm the resident "who cares?  none of this is real, I'm gonna be an asshole" poster on this site.  But deadly serious/IRL question-----I've been operating under the assumption that when Trump does his monthly "I've never heard of that person before/never knew them" despite the mountain of evidence to the contrary---I always just assumed (and I think most of you did as well) that he was just doing the "Clear and Present Danger" strategy where you claim you didn't know someone to politically distance yourself from whatever fallout was coming from their direction.  I mean, it's lying and it's convenient, but we all get why you do that.  Mostly because his supporters accept it at face value despite the two dozen photographs to the contrary.  BUT...BUT...BUT...is it possible that does not actually remember meeting people dozens of times from just a few weeks/months ago?  Does he honestly not remember these people who've been in small, highly confidential meetings with him dozens of times in the Oval Office because there's something else going on? 

I know we like to say he's full of shit and then we also like to say he's old and senile, but  it's usually not both with people.  Maybe he genuinely does not remember some of these people he's had incredibly important conversations with on numerous occasions.  Is that possible?  Maybe that's the narrative, he hasn't been lying...he's just been incredibly unclear about reality/memory.  I mean, he's the President...he's entitled to not remember every single high-level discussion after 3.5 years.  That's part of the job, it'd be weird if he did remember.  But not remembering the Chief of Staff to DHS after 2.5 years...and probably a few hundred hours together???.  That's very possibly, something altogether different besides political lying for the sake of convenience.  Honestly, sarcasm aside...don't just give me the "He's full of shit, Lobo"....there's something else going on here.  You can't spend a day every month denying you've ever met some high-ranking person over and over and over again despite there being some huge backlog of photographs or transcripts with you and that person.  There's something else happening.  

Either he remembers and is lying, or he forgot and is telling the truth.  Where would you place your bet?

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

You are correct.  I had the two confused.  Even to the point of thinking the "drug" belladonna was derived from oleander. Nevertheless, two common very poisonous plants.

Incorrect.  "Belladonna" is the stage name of a goth stripper.

And, for the record, she liked me.  She really did.  I could tell.  Because reasons.

• Hook 'Em 1

Most all of the Trumpkins I meet are "Yeah, but..." Trumpkins. No matter what evidence you lay out before them it's "Yeah, but" and they roll out the FOX talking points. You fact check them and "Yeah, but" Snopes is funded by Soros. They all have a comfy landing when presented with facts... "Yeah, but..."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Based in Akron, OH but display Michigan colors. Fuck 'em. 

Do they really?  What's the backstory on that?  That's ballsy considering their proximity to Ohio State. 

What on earth have they done to a chocolate cake? I'm not even from Texas and we had a good old fashioned chocolate sheet cake for our groom's cake. This is why the world is going to hell; messing with a perfectly good thing.

You can’t see it, but the jizz jar is inside the ring.

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Wow.  Claiming to have never heard of the Chief of Staff of the Department Homeland Security, and that that fact will actually make Trumpers feel better about national security is so bizarre to me.  I mean, any President I've voted for or against could say, "Chief of Staff at Commerce?  Meh."  And I'd give 'em a pass, no problem.  But DHS?  Given the current shitshow?  To claim you couldn't be bothered to "know of/Hear of" the guy who basically ran the Department during the Secretary transition to Wolf during the most challenging year in the U.S. in 75 years? And you think you're coming across as sounding Presidential? 

That would be like Ford or Carter stating "Chief of Staff at Dept. of Energy?  Nah, never heard of him even though he ran the department for a few months during the oil crisis."  How would that sound to a reasonably intelligent adult?  

i'm really answering your previous question, but it's on the last page - i heard kushner in an interview with wolf blitzer on cnn a couple days ago, and you could tell all kushner wanted to talk about was this genius peace deal in the middle east, so of course blitzer hit him with everything else before getting to it.  along the way, he asked about miles taylor (i think this was the day the ad came out) and kushner was basically like, "yeah, i know miles, he's a nice kid, he wasn't here very long."

so to answer someone else's assertion, yes, they're treating him like a random intern who was there for the summer 9 years ago.

3 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

"White evangelical Protestants are not mainstream Americans". Like that's not a source of pride for many of these folks, as it shows they're "in the world, but not of the world". It helps justify their persecution complex and allows them to be "salt and light" by merely waddling through the aisles of Wal Mart.

• Like 1

Just now, henrygandorf said:

i'm really answering your previous question, but it's on the last page - i heard kushner in an interview with wolf blitzer on cnn a couple days ago, and you could tell all kushner wanted to talk about was this genius peace deal in the middle east, so of course blitzer hit him with everything else before getting to it.  along the way, he asked about miles taylor (i think this was the day the ad came out) and kushner was basically like, "yeah, i know miles, he's a nice kid, he wasn't here very long."

so to answer someone else's assertion, yes, they're treating him like a random intern who was there for the summer 9 years ago.

I gotta find that interview.  Because a Senior Fellow at AEI just indicated that Miles Taylor (IU Graduate) came highly recommended to the Administration through two very noteworthy Hoosiers (in this sense, people just from Indiana...not actual IU graduates)................this Fellow from AEI who goes back a ways in D.C. and a little known Indiana resident named Mike Pence.  Please, please, please...somebody ask Mike Pence about Miles Taylor and his connection to Indiana.  That's how Taylor rose through the ranks so quickly, Pence took a shining to him.  One thing I'll give Pence credit for, he doesn't play the "I have no idea, never heard of them" card very often.  He usually just awkwardly smiles and talks about nothing for six minutes, he doesn't blatantly play the senile card.  This is amazing, everything in this administration is two minutes away from happening and nobody has ever heard of anybody.  The fucking Vice President propped Miles Taylor up for advancement to Chief of Staff of one of the most important Cabinet Departments in a matter of months but nope...Trump nor Pence has ever heard of the guy.  

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Most all of the Trumpkins I meet are "Yeah, but..." Trumpkins. No matter what evidence you lay out before them it's "Yeah, but" and they roll out the FOX talking points. You fact check them and "Yeah, but" Snopes is funded by Soros. They all have a comfy landing when presented with facts... "Yeah, but..."

aka Whataboutism.  Pretty sure it's a legit psychological condition now.

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump not outright condemning Qanon years ago, LIKE A NORMAL PRESIDENT WOULD, is going to be one of the most consequential decisions of his Presidency long term.

I mean, it’s hard to top his genocidal negligence with COVID but he’s damn sure going to try with his cult of psychos. 

But you knew this was going to happen when he didn't disclaim/disavow David Duke waaaaayyyy back during his presidential run.  Remember that?  Seems like a decade ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump not outright condemning Qanon years ago, LIKE A NORMAL PRESIDENT WOULD, is going to be one of the most consequential decisions of his Presidency long term.

I mean, it’s hard to top his genocidal negligence with COVID but he’s damn sure going to try with his cult of psychos. 

No wonder he doesn't care about the bounties.  Taliban just had to send him some fan mail, maybe draw some hearts on the envelopes. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

But you knew this was going to happen when he didn't disclaim/disavow David Duke waaaaayyyy back during his presidential run.  Remember that?  Seems like a decade ago.

Lol David Duke.  He runs on batteries!  So cute!  QAnon is like David Duke's worst nightmares (dreams?) come to life.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So does the Klan.

So do actual fucking Nazis.

And he appreciates ALL of their support.  He plays to it, and he counts on it.

If you support Trump, when you pull up to the table, you are sitting next to other welcome and adored supporters....like fucking Klansmen and goddamned fucking nazis.   Fuck all of you Trump supporting pieces of shit all the way to fucking hell.

Ditto. And Stephen Miller, Chad Wolf, Ken Cuccinelli, and Bill Barr can go right along with them.

• Hook 'Em 2

Lulz, look who learned a new word today!  From WaPo:

“Today, I am directing Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to notify the U.N. Security Council that the United States intends to restore virtually all of the previously-suspended United Nations sanctions on Iran,” Trump told reporters Wednesday. “It’s a snapback. Not uncommon.”

The United States argues that even though it has left the nuclear deal, it retains the right as an original “JCPOA participant” to trigger the “snapback” of sanctions over any issue that violates the agreement, even though it no longer is a participant in it.

Both Russia and China have dismissed the U.S. position, saying that since it left the agreement, it has no right to keep the arms embargo in place.

The Obama speech tonight is going to be liiiiiiiiiit !!!!

cant wait 

He’s shown no interest in putting in the work; no interest in finding common ground; no interest in using the awesome power of his office to help anyone but himself and his friends; no interest in treating the presidency as anything but one more reality show that he can use to get the attention he craves.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Do they really?  What's the backstory on that?  That's ballsy considering their proximity to Ohio State. 

Do they really? You've seen their blimp, right?

I don't know how or why they chose those colors. I've never researched it. It's not a big deal. Want a real head-scratcher? Why are the flowers that adorn the rotunda of Ohio Stadium displayed in maize and blue?

Screen-Shot-2018-06-04-at-4.58.47-PM-e15

Legend has it that it was the result of a bet when Michigan beat OSU on the official opening of the new stadium. That's almost certainly not true. Still, it's a curiosity. 

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Lulz, look who learned a new word today!  From WaPo:

Is there anything more Trumpy than an approach of "I have terminated an agreement, and am no longer a party to it....but I'm still going to try to enforce it against the other party?"

I mean, loudly shitting his pants and proclaiming it the "greatest accomplishment of any president ever" would be peak Trump, I guess....but this seems super-on-brand. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Depressingly I feel like even David Duke would have been responsible enough to call Qanon batshit nonsense. I mean, to my knowledge, Duke didn’t jump into the QAnon waters. 

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

The Obama speech tonight is going to be liiiiiiiiiit !!!!

cant wait 

He’s shown no interest in putting in the work; no interest in finding common ground; no interest in using the awesome power of his office to help anyone but himself and his friends; no interest in treating the presidency as anything but one more reality show that he can use to get the attention he craves.

I really hope he calls back to the Correspondence Dinner joke he made that started this whole mess.  If we're going down in flames, might as well stoke the fire a bit.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I gotta find that interview.  Because a Senior Fellow at AEI just indicated that Miles Taylor (IU Graduate) came highly recommended to the Administration through two very noteworthy Hoosiers (in this sense, people just from Indiana...not actual IU graduates)................this Fellow from AEI who goes back a ways in D.C. and a little known Indiana resident named Mike Pence.  Please, please, please...somebody ask Mike Pence about Miles Taylor and his connection to Indiana.  That's how Taylor rose through the ranks so quickly, Pence took a shining to him.  One thing I'll give Pence credit for, he doesn't play the "I have no idea, never heard of them" card very often.  He usually just awkwardly smiles and talks about nothing for six minutes, he doesn't blatantly play the senile card.  This is amazing, everything in this administration is two minutes  weeks away from happening and nobody has ever heard of anybody.  The fucking Vice President propped Miles Taylor up for advancement to Chief of Staff of one of the most important Cabinet Departments in a matter of months but nope...Trump nor Pence has ever heard of the guy.  

FIFY

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Is there anything more Trumpy than an approach of "I have terminated an agreement, and am no longer a party to it....but I'm still going to try to enforce it against the other party?"

The Iranians say no, there is nothing more Trumpy than that. 

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean, loudly shitting his pants and proclaiming it the "greatest accomplishment of any president ever" would be peak Trump, I guess....but this seems super-on-brand. 

Ha, it didn't even occur to me he is referring to UN sanctions.  Does the US have any power to enforce UN sanctions unilaterally?  I assume not, but I'm willing to learn.

34 minutes ago, NWBuck said:

"White evangelical Protestants are not mainstream Americans". Like that's not a source of pride for many of these folks, as it shows they're "in the world, but not of the world". It helps justify their persecution complex and allows them to be "salt and light" by merely waddling through the aisles of Wal Mart.

They're not the minority! WE'RE THE MINORITY! WE'RE THE ONES WHO ARE OPPRESSED!!

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 10:41 AM, Lagunamadre said:

Obama has been writing his DNC keynote speech for 3 years now. He is going to eviscerate Trump in what might go down as one of the most watched speeches of all time. It will be perfectly delivered, the media will talk about it for 2 days, some 10 second zinger clip will go viral on twitter and get over a million likes. And Trump is going to lose his fucking mind. 

Tonight's the night, let's live it up. I got my money, let's spend it up. Fill my cup, mozel tov. 

Edited by Lagunamadre
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Hillary Clinton speech should be pretty good too.  

Yeah, I doubt it.  Not really giving fuck one about her speech.  Waiting until 2020 and the world breaking to finally address Wisconsin (virtually).  She can go fuck herself twice tomorrow.  It's over, she's a piece of shit who fucked up time and time again because she can't get the fuck over herself.  The only person in politics shittier than her, beat her.  And that ain't saying as much as she thinks it does.  Fuck all of them.  #ExterminateThemAll /ColKurtz

If Jesus has any empathy left for us, she and Trump will die tomorrow afternoon in a bizarre boating accident.  She shouldn't even be at this fucking thing.  They're both pieces of human garbage.  Why is she still in our fucking lexicon?  

Edited by Lobo

how's it going homies? page 573 and still trying to interact with the demon child. ya'll motherfuckers are on repeat.

Obama going talk about Trump more? did i see that? crap. he's starting taking his cues from this board. turrible

hey, I haven't been nuked yet. have you? huh?

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I'd like to issue a preemptive "Fuck you" to anyone bitching about Hillary speaking tonight. 

Edit: Looks like I was a little late. 

Yeah, I'm your big concern Barbara.  The guy who went and completely and passionately joined team-FuckTrump.  The sooner your party embraces there are those of us who hate Hillary, but want Trump to die...the sooner you'll defeat him.  We number in the millions and have given buckets of cash and support to Biden because we want him gone.  Also...in addition to...as well...plus plus...we don't like her.  Why can't you let us have both?  Defeating Trump, watching him die in prison, and also a big hearty fuck you from the nation to her in the first place?  We are not the men who want to watch the world burn.  Just those two, just let us watch those two leave this Earth.  

I promise you that we won't fall for Kritzinger's Dilemma.  That our hatred for the two of them should so fully consume us, that when they die...we will have nothing else to live for.  So was his warning to Heydrich.  

Edited by Lobo

If you want to shut a Trumpkin down, you have to pick a detail and press them to explain it. I read a long diatribe a couple of days ago in which the author several times called De Blasio a communist. He boasted that libs never had an answer and always run away to hide. I asked him what his definition of a communist was (because they love to equivocate-always ask what they think a term means first) and how the Mayor met that definition. The guy never showed his face in the thread again.

6 minutes ago, Woland said:

If you want to shut a Trumpkin down, you have to pick a detail and press them to explain it. I read a long diatribe a couple of days ago in which the author several times called De Blasio a communist. He boasted that libs never had an answer and always run away to hide. I asked him what his definition of a communist was (because they love to equivocate-always ask what they think a term means first) and how the Mayor met that definition. The guy never showed his face in the thread again.

"Instead of sliding your ass up and down a cedar post why don't you just use toilet paper?"  Did I do it right?