Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

12 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

He kept saying it passed safety tests (that seemingly don't exist) but didn't even say whether it does anything to coronavirus (which only an idiot would believe)

Well, killing the patient would certainly hurt the viruses ability to spread. 

2 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

Look. It might feel good, but it really doesn’t do anything to change anyone’s mind or help the conversation.

Case in pt: my dad.

An otherwise hardworking man. College educated.

But talk to him about COVID? Jesus Christ.

DNAgramps: I just think there’s a lot we don’t know

DNAguy: You’re right.

DNAgramps: I think it’s like any other virus, but people are genetically predisposed to die from it.

Me: What?

DNAgramps: That’s the only explanation

Me: How so? That doesn’t make sense. It’s a novel virus that hasn’t ever existed.

DNAgramps: No. Not true. Studies show that it’s been around. It’s only now that people are dying. It’s like the flu. 

Me: What studies? Where do you get your information? That makes no sense. There’re co-morbidities that make you more susceptible. Age, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. Those come from genetics. But old people die from this more than young people. That’s not genetic.

DNAgramps: I just think it’s genetic. You’re wrong. How else do you explain it.

Me: I just did.

DNAgramps: Well we can’t be shut down forever.

Me: Ok, well now you just changed the subject....

Later that evening:

Me: I. Mean, it’s pretty sad about the President’s brother dying

DNAgramps: He died?

ME: Yeah, and it sucks that the President couldn’t be by his side.

DNAgramps: Well he was busy. You know, being the President. You just don’t like him and will find anything to pick apart.

Me: Dad, he was golfing.

DNAgramps: No he wasn’t.

Me: Umm. Yeah he was. Would you like to see a picture taken from yesterday?

DNAgramps: And Obama played basketball everyday at lunch. You didn’t have a problem with that.

Me: What?!

DNAgramps: He did. Look it up.

Me: Look it up where? You can’t just say shit like that and then tell me to go look it up like you are versed in Obama’s schedule from 2009-2017. Trump is documented playing golf for almost a quarter of his time in office.

DNAgramps: Business is done all the time on the golf course.

Me: Oh Christ. This is like arguing with your 4 year old granddaughter. I hope you realize that. [he did not]

I've given up on the part of my family like that. My response is, cool you're probably right, make sure your will is up to date and inject disinfectant like the president suggested.

On a related note I haven't spoken to my dad since father's day.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Senate made criminal referral of Trump Jr., Bannon, Kushner and two others to federal prosecutors

The committee detailed its concerns in a letter to the U.S. attorney’s office in Washington, D.C., in June 2019, an official said.

WASHINGTON — The Republican and Democratic chairmen of the Senate Intelligence Committee made criminal referrals of Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, Steve Bannon, Erik Prince and Sam Clovis to federal prosecutors in 2019, passing along their suspicions that the men may have misled the committee during their testimony, an official familiar with the matter told NBC News.

The official confirmed reports in the Los Angeles Times and Washington Post, which reported on the matter last week. A criminal referral to the Justice Department means Congress believes a matter warrants investigation for potential violation of the law.

The committee detailed its concerns in a letter to the U.S. attorney’s office in Washington, D.C., in June 2019, the official said.

The Post reported that the letter was divided into two sections. One named those suspected of making false statements, the Post said: Bannon, former Trump campaign co-chair Clovis, and private security contractor Prince.

A second section raised concerns about the testimony of other witnesses, including Trump Jr. and Kushner, whose statements were contradicted by Trump campaign aide Richard Gates, though it did not pointedly make a false-statements allegation, the Post reported.

The Los Angeles Times reported that the committee questioned whether Bannon lied about his interactions and conversations with Prince about a meeting in the Seychelles between Prince and a top Russian official. Prince told special counsel Robert Mueller’s prosecutors that he briefed Bannon on the January 2017 meeting, but Bannon said the conversation never happened.

A lawyer for Prince told the Post that if there was such a referral, it did not appear to have resulted in an investigation. There has been no public indication of any probe.

Lawyers for Trump Jr., Kushner, Bannon and Clovis have previously denied that their clients misled the committee.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

Give poor Joe Scarburro a break - that was the strategy of the Clinton campaign to push trump as the repub nominee. He just went along with the plan. That campaign was its own worst enemy. 

I thought we already dispensed with this conspiracy theory. 

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

What’s even funnier is that they actually have a point. They got fired for being nutjobs yet white assholes at the network say the same nutball shit as them and nothing happens to them. 

That's why they shouldn't have trusted whitey in the first place.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, TXSG8R said:

You could argue that the media bringing Trump on so much during the primaries because he was bombastic And good for ratings is partially the reason he got elected. There is a danger to giving crazy people air, especially with the Q crazies looking for new straws to grasp onto. 

Trump was running on fumes since he didn't have money to campaign--all the big donors were supporting other Republican candidates.  His blowhard insults got him free airtime.  The Russians then purchased his services.  

Yeah, how come there's always an abundance of information/press that indicates when a candidate for any office "loans" their campaign money from their own personal wealth...but there's zero evidence of Trump doing it?  I mean, he wasn't gonna be beholden to big donors/special interests because he was gonna self-fund, because he's so wealthy...right?  How come there's no trail of that?  I mean, he'd want it to known he was tacitly self-funding, so there'd be FEC reports of him giving money to his campaign so they could go out and hire people/buy airtime/digital infrastructure/etc.?  Nothing wrong with that, lots of wealthy politicians do it that way, but how come there's no financial record of it?  

49 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

He kept saying it passed safety tests (that seemingly don't exist) but didn't even say whether it does anything to coronavirus (which only an idiot would believe)

yeah, he said it passed safety tests when treating 1000 patients in 2016.

i know anderson was pressing him on "where are these tests" but my bigger question was, "if all we know is that it didn't kill people 4 years ago, then why are we pushing this as a miracle cure for a disease that didn't exist then?"

it's like trump's whole "what have you got to lose" defense of hydroxy.  these people are perfectly content to throw as much shit against the wall, and as long as the wall doesn't break, then it's considered a miracle.  i'm sure you could line up a percentage of folks who got better on their own, but happened to take some bullshit pointless drug, and some people will call it a miracle.

trump's whole life is a get-rich quick scheme.  not sure why we thought treatment of a virus would be any different.

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, how come there's always an abundance of information/press that indicates when a candidate for any office "loans" their campaign money from their own personal wealth...but there's zero evidence of Trump doing it?  I mean, he wasn't gonna be beholden to big donors/special interests because he was gonna self-fund, because he's so wealthy...right?  How come there's no trail of that?  I mean, he'd want it to known he was tacitly self-funding, so there'd be FEC reports of him giving money to his campaign so they could go out and hire people/buy airtime/digital infrastructure/etc.?  Nothing wrong with that, lots of wealthy politicians do it that way, but how come there's no financial record of it?  

there's a trail, there's evidence, and there's a record.  he's just the first politician to tell everyone to fuck off when they tried to see it, and he has the entire gop protecting him.

nobody envisioned a mafia boss being president when these laws were created.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, henrygandorf said:

there's a trail, there's evidence, and there's a record.  he's just the first politician to tell everyone to fuck off when they tried to see it, and he has the entire gop protecting him.

nobody envisioned a RUSSIAN mafia boss being president when these laws were created.

FIFM

Rudy, Rudy, Rudy....

5 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

I can’t wait for Anastasis to inform us that the Senate Intelligence report is a fabricated hit piece commissioned by the Clinton campaign. 

LOL.  Why would I draw analogy between the Senate report and the Steele Dossier?  Was the former a DNC-funded vehicle developed by a person who worked for Russian oligarchs that were tipped to his tasking thus opening the door for RIS infiltration and disinformation?  Cause that stuff was actually covered in the Senate report as it relates to the latter. 

11 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

LOL.  Why would I draw analogy between the Senate report and the Steele Dossier?  Was the former a DNC-funded vehicle developed by a person who worked for Russian oligarchs that were tipped to his tasking thus opening the door for RIS infiltration and disinformation?  Cause that stuff was actually covered in the Senate report as it relates to the latter. 

Oh good, Beetledouche showed up.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Oh good, Beetledouche showed up.

I think that there is actually some interesting information in there about how the law firm Perkins Coie ran the screen, setting it up so that everyone involved had plausible deniability.  I mean it really was a well executed operation. PC even got to skim $10k per month off the deal to serve as the buffer. Other than the whole disinformation from Russians being used to influence the election thing of course. 

"Like the investigation led by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, who released his findings in April 2019, the Senate report did not conclude that the Trump campaign engaged in a coordinated conspiracy with the Russian government" - https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/18/us/politics/senate-intelligence-russian-interference-report.html I

Russia, Russia, Russia is a much more difficult path and plays into Trump's preexisting campaign plans. Russia is a stalemate that does not change votes and it opens up vulnerabilities for those wanting Trump to be a one-term President. 

COVID/Voting/bailouts for billionaires/and Trump Fatigue are much easier paths. 

Trump's one-on-one with Putin was a major breach, but it is buried under less compelling arguments. 

But I do understand the thirst given the amount of energy expended on the issue. 

This country is finished if this Senate report is a blip on the radar.

I don’t normally post politics on FB, but I posted a link to the story from The Hill so my Trumpist acquaintances would have to at least skim over the headline.

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

No, I have seen none of it, am late to the convo. I've been out mowing the yard in the 100 degree heat. I could probably give that guy a run for his money on crazy right now.

Also, if they want to get really crazy, I grow a ton of morning glories because I love watching butterflies and bees and the blooms are pretty. Apparently morning glories are hallucinogenic.

This 4 year acid trip certainly makes mere hours of hallucinations seem less daunting.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, kevwun said:

It's all over the place.  It's a common ornamental on the coast too.

Yeah. It can withstand the salinity in the Air / soil.

Can also withstand drought / dry conditions that also make it great for highway medians.

Very low maintenance plant. Very pretty IMO.

i kill everything and I can grow oleander 

28 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:
2 hours ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:
Looks like it grows across the southern USA. How long before we see an uptick in deaths due to oleander consumption? 

Nearly every yard in Wimberley has Oleander -- it's deer-resistant.

Sounds like they just might be sitting on a Covid curing goldmine.

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Why don’t you tell us your opinion about the senate intelligence report then? Hopefully in as much detail and as many posts as you have spent talking about Carter Page and the Steele Dossier.

Or should we just expect some more one liners. 

Dibs on Steele Dragon Dossier as band name.  

And seriously, I can't emphasize this enough.  That pile of blow that Tony Montana does at the end of 'Scarface', that literally the amount that Don, Jr. can do in a single session.  

3 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

I've given up on the part of my family like that. My response is, cool you're probably right, make sure your will is up to date and inject disinfectant like the president suggested.

On a related note I haven't spoken to my dad since father's day.

Same. I finally had to block him due the neverending test walls of Qanon memes and other retarded bullshit.

“Man With Immigrant Wife Has Ballot Mailed to Business and Has Vote ‘Harvested.’”

(CNN)President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump have voted in Florida's Tuesday congressional primary after designating someone to pick up and drop off their ballots in Palm Beach, an official familiar with the matter told CNN. 

While the website of the Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections does not yet denote Trump's ballot as returned and counted, the official said the ballots had been returned Monday.
Under Florida law, voters are permitted to sign an affidavit permitting someone else to pick up and drop off their ballots. 
The Trumps signed affidavits and their ballots were picked up last week. That was after the deadline had passed for requesting a mail-in ballot, but the rules allow voters to pick up ballots in person after the deadline -- or send approved designees to pick them up.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/18/politics/donald-trump-melania-trump-ballots-florida/index.html

Edited by Aqua Buddha
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Most cities have amateur leagues you can join to see if racism is for you.  It's not a huge commitment of time or money, but if you enjoy it, you're eventually going to want to move up out of the beer leagues and into a legit travelling squad.  Those road trips are always fun, you'll see Vidor, Jasper, DeKalb, Gladewater, etc.  Good times, good times.

I don't think it's for me as I've already generalized and rejected the required attire.

6 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

Look. It might feel good, but it really doesn’t do anything to change anyone’s mind or help the conversation.

Case in pt: my dad.

An otherwise hardworking man. College educated.

But talk to him about COVID? Jesus Christ.

DNAgramps: I just think there’s a lot we don’t know

DNAguy: You’re right.

DNAgramps: I think it’s like any other virus, but people are genetically predisposed to die from it.

Me: What?

DNAgramps: That’s the only explanation

Me: How so? That doesn’t make sense. It’s a novel virus that hasn’t ever existed.

DNAgramps: No. Not true. Studies show that it’s been around. It’s only now that people are dying. It’s like the flu. 

Me: What studies? Where do you get your information? That makes no sense. There’re co-morbidities that make you more susceptible. Age, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. Those come from genetics. But old people die from this more than young people. That’s not genetic.

DNAgramps: I just think it’s genetic. You’re wrong. How else do you explain it.

Me: I just did.

DNAgramps: Well we can’t be shut down forever.

Me: Ok, well now you just changed the subject....

Later that evening:

Me: I. Mean, it’s pretty sad about the President’s brother dying

DNAgramps: He died?

ME: Yeah, and it sucks that the President couldn’t be by his side.

DNAgramps: Well he was busy. You know, being the President. You just don’t like him and will find anything to pick apart.

Me: Dad, he was golfing.

DNAgramps: No he wasn’t.

Me: Umm. Yeah he was. Would you like to see a picture taken from yesterday?

DNAgramps: And Obama played basketball everyday at lunch. You didn’t have a problem with that.

Me: What?!

DNAgramps: He did. Look it up.

Me: Look it up where? You can’t just say shit like that and then tell me to go look it up like you are versed in Obama’s schedule from 2009-2017. Trump is documented playing golf for almost a quarter of his time in office.

DNAgramps: Business is done all the time on the golf course.

Me: Oh Christ. This is like arguing with your 4 year old granddaughter. I hope you realize that. [he did not]

You forgot that the secret service and all of their stays get over billed and the money goes right into Trumps pockets because he never divested himself from his businesses. Because ethics.  And you're not even getting warmed up yet.  

25 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

At her last visit to her parents pre-covid in January, she asked her dad if there was anything else she could do to make him comfortable. His response was "vote for Trump."

She told me she cried the entire 2 1/2 hour drive home. Not that she was surprised--he's farther right than Atilla the Hun--but because in that moment he cared more about that fucking despicable asshole being re-elected than coming to terms with his daughter.

I'm quite familiar with that level of pettiness. It doesn't matter what the subject; politics, definitely race, sports, what to eat for dinner.

There's an inferiority complex driving it all. They have to be contrary to anyone they recognize as not on their team. No matter what the cost.

I give up.

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

My FIL is dying. Diagnosed last August. Inoperable liver cancer. He did a 3 month stint of oral chemo, hated the side effects (shitting himself...more than his usual once a week) and decided 78 isn't too bad if he makes it. Lifelong smoker & alcoholic who was never gonna change.

My wife has been the smart "rock." After their dad was diagnosed, she worked with her mother, brother & sister to work out the logistics. She's the one who asked the tough, important questions while others asked about songs to be played at services. She brought everyone to the table.

At her last visit to her parents pre-covid in January, she asked her dad if there was anything else she could do to make him comfortable. His response was "vote for Trump."

She told me she cried the entire 2 1/2 hour drive home. Not that she was surprised--he's farther right than Atilla the Hun--but because in that moment he cared more about that fucking despicable asshole being re-elected than coming to terms with his daughter.

Chief, McMurphy, pillow...

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Lobo said:

I think they had a fiddle player on some songs.  They love southern music influences from across the pond.  Woody Guthrie, Johnny Cash, John Prine, Howling Wolf, Jerry Reed, et. al.  Anyway, between them and Don Junior, there was no coke on the planet for a few weeks.  not sure if they're even still together as a band nowadays.

Alabama 3 was the best show I ever randomly walked into during any SXSW. It was a revelation to me that blues, country, electronica, rap, and gospel could be melded together so perfectly. And by a bunch of brits no less. Their live show was fucking awesome. The singer died within the last couple of years from a heart attack. Or "heart attack." So your story checks out ...