Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

29 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

They probably can. They just don’t care. Because they want to believe him.

Trump is a moron overall, but he’s an absolute genius at homing in on desperate stupidity and feeding it what it craves. There’s a huge bloc of insecure, unsophisticated, angry Americans. Trump identified his marks long ago and he has played them beautifully.

And the thing is, he didn’t really con them. Oh, he might not deliver on any material promises. And the rest of us will point that out and shout “He lied to you! You’re voting against your own interests!” But the truth is Trump gave his rubes exactly what they really wanted all along: vengeance on their cultural enemies. 

Butthurt Americans want to move backwards and bury their head in the sand as to the new world they see. The internet brought us a new world to look at and listen to and its scares the shit out of the Republican party. 

Trump isn't a genius, he is just souless and the perfect leader for folks who want nothing but destruction of the new norms being "forced" on them. Thats the marriage. Thats the connection. He is a selfish, souless monster with no care of anyone else nor the future. Perfect for the folks that really need that right now. 

Thats the scary part and that is why I look on here just mystified that people still try to connect and rationalize with that. We have long since left any point where that is possible I am afraid.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

He’s going to either pardon Obama since Obama has a Nobel but not a pardon or he’s thinking if he pardons Biden then it makes it look like Biden was guilty of something?

That's what he's thinking.

Then they refuse the pardon saying they're not guilty of anything.

It's nothing but a 24 hour distraction.

8 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

What in the ever-loving fuck?  I know he can pardon future convictions, but why would he want to pardon his biggest targets?

This is more and more looking like "chaos" is the actual end game.

Because he’s tacitly saying, without proof, that theyre criminals. Actual criminals. And he doesn’t have to provide evidence to try them. But his base will eat it up, and he can forever pretend he knows more than he can let on. 

It’s actually kind of brilliant, at least as it pertains to his base. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Because he’s tacitly saying, without proof, that theyre criminals. Actual criminals. And he doesn’t have to provide evidence to try them. But his base will eat it up, and he can forever pretend he knows more than he can let on. 

It’s actually kind of brilliant, at least as it pertains to his base. 

It is also very very sinister as it pertains to the people behind him that machinate the details. It is easy to preach hate and apply it to 'other' in certain circumstances. You and I are aware of it. Someone who has dark skin or slanted eyes can be picked out of a crowd. When someone perhaps resembles you in physical appearance it begins to be more difficult and the little pushes over the last three to four years have been to get us to this point.

I disagree with @Grade of D as in David that this is a temporary distraction. To take a page out of Trump's phrasebook, 'we have many many people' who are calling for Pelosi, RBG, AOC, Schiff, et al to be locked up or hung. To scroll through message boards on the topic of her speech last evening, there are people calling the former First Lady a vile vile woman and many outright calling her a traitor (the flag comment which will be taken out of context for certain) and for the puzzling one for me: calling her a man? Hate, hate, and hate. The "libtards' are 'trash' and should be taken out. Let that sink in for a minute. The effort required to get Germans to turn on fellow Germans had some kindling that Hitler and his minions lit but to take it beyond the initial prejudice took substantially more doing. Being able to turn a blind eye to the disappearance and subsequent killing of millions. Framing Democratic leaders as criminals that have committed "crimes" is a bold step and the preface to whatever Barr has got in his briefcase, IMO. Dark dark times. It can happen here.

Trump isn't brilliant, but I remain convinced that the mainstays behind him have a plan. Not Jared or the insane clown posse, but Bannon is still meeting with Stephen Miller, Pompeo is not stupid and neither is Barr. This is more than judges and I believe Bernie touched upon it in his speech last night. Get out and vote.

6 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

No, it's not. 

Just my opinion. 

The level of retardedness of the general American public is such that (again) they think Trump is playing 4-D chess.

But it's a long way from brilliant. 

If it works on 40% of America and continues to be an effective measure to retain power and his support, it is em effective strategy. 

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

If it works on 40% of America and continues to be an effective measure to retain power and his support, it is em effective strategy. 

Right, so because Trump's base believes it it's brilliant? 

They would believe anything. Anything. 

For that group there is no such thing as an ineffective strategy. There is nothing that will diminish their support for Trump. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

Right, so because Trump's base believes it it's brilliant? 

They would believe anything. Anything. 

For that group there is no such thing as an ineffective strategy. There is nothing that will diminish their support for Trump. 

Yes. And yet somehow, despite of (and because of) his stupidity, were racing towards a cliff where 40% of the country has dictated 90% of the decision making the last few decades and are actively destroying our democracy and our freedoms. And people are cheering. It’s not trump, it’s a concerted effort of decades to get people to work agains their own interests and destroy the foundation of this country, and they had to be creative as fuck to do it. Shit like pardoning someone who’s innocent and never been to fucking trial to sew further doubt in everyone and everything so the loudest voice, yours, wins and people just give up the last of their power and freedom. 

At some point, we don’t get to stand outside the circle and point fingers at “those idiots.” They’re the dumb ones. We may see the cliff and we may be trying to apply the brakes, but we’re all Americans and this all happened on all of our watches. We didn’t vote local. We didn’t hold politicians accountable quick enough, we were content and fat and enjoyed our flat screens, we turned off upsetting news, We ignored. We didn’t care. We’re all accountable. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

H1N1 was so bad I don’t even remember it.

You dont remember how the US' response was so bad that other countries were banning our citizens from traveling to their countries after they got it under control?  Oh yea, me either.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

Any one else find it interesting that he has no "nickname" for Michelle Obama?  I think he is truly afraid of her and won't say anything mean about her.  Notice he did not say she is nasty or a dog.  He pivoted to it was her husbands fault.  Fucking coward he is.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

"I've never heard of him but they say he's areal stiff." LITERALLY CAN'T MAKE IT ONE SENTENCE WITHOUT LYING AND DIRECTLY CONTRADICTING HIMSELF!

That has to be a new record, even for him. I know, I know. Narrator: it's not.

Edited by SydneyCarton

The Biggest Political Scandal in the History of our Country.  ???

I'll say it right here and somebody can cut and paste it to the DT forum.  If he provides one single shred of credible evidence between now and Election Day that Obama spied on his campaign and committed treason, I will give the maximum couples donation to the Trump campaign and will take photographic evidence of a Trump yardsign in my lawn as well as my submitted ballot voting for Trump.  

For three years, he's been claiming Obama spied on his campaign and committed treason, and in those three years---despite the full weight of the Dept. of Justice/FBI/National Intelligence Community at his disposal...he's yet to prove anything, demonstrate any evidence, open up any formal investigation, and done nothing except tweet about it and make blanket erroneous statements to reporters as he pretends he has something important to get to.  

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

The Biggest Political Scandal in the History of our Country.  ???

I'll say it right here and somebody can cut and paste it to the DT forum.  If he provides one single shred of credible evidence between now and Election Day that Obama spied on his campaign and committed treason, I will give the maximum couples donation to the Trump campaign and will take photographic evidence of a Trump yardsign in my lawn as well as my submitted ballot voting for Trump.  

For three years, he's been claiming Obama spied on his campaign and committed treason, and in those three years---despite the full weight of the Dept. of Justice/FBI/National Intelligence Community at his disposal...he's yet to prove anything, demonstrate any evidence, open up any formal investigation, and done nothing except tweet about it and make blanket erroneous statements to reporters as he pretends he has something important to get to.  

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say maybe he is a liar.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Michelle was WAY too nice when talking about dotard.  "Clearly in over his head"?  Come the fuck on.  He's a deranged individual who manipulates people and never had ANY intention of actually governing.  He shouldn't be in charge of any country, company, lemonade stand, or flea market.  

In over his head conveys the idea that he's trying, he's just not competent.  That is incorrect.  He has been trying to grift off America since the day he took office.  That was his only intention ever.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Michelle was WAY too nice when talking about dotard.  "Clearly in over his head"?  Come the fuck on.  He's a deranged individual who manipulates people and never had ANY intention of actually governing.  He shouldn't be in charge of any country, company, lemonade stand, or flea market.  

In over his head conveys the idea that he's trying, he's just not competent.  That is incorrect.  He has been trying to grift off America since the day he took office.  That was his only intention ever.  

You're still sugar coating it.

10 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Adderall?
Meth?
Cocaine?

All three?

i'm not judging people's personal drug use.  So long as they don't injure anybody else in the process.  But at the 40th birthday of a very prominent Austin real estate leader over a year ago, Don & Eric were in attendance here in Austin.  And Don, Jr. was whacked out of his mind on blow.  Again, to each his own and not judging him for it...but I'd be hard pressed to think of an instance when somebody was on more coke than that and I've toured with the Alabama3.  

34 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Any one else find it interesting that he has no "nickname" for Michelle Obama?  I think he is truly afraid of her and won't say anything mean about her.  Notice he did not say she is nasty or a dog.  He pivoted to it was her husbands fault.  Fucking coward he is.

It’s a shame she hates the spotlight that right wing outlets put on her and the life of a politician in general. Because she would wipe the floor with him. 

Just now, SubliminalHorn said:

It’s a shame she hates the spotlight that right wing outlets put on her and the life of a politician in general. Because she would wipe the floor with him. 

She is a smart cookie and I can't blame her for wanting no part of it.

Trump probably has a good sense that if she chose, she could do exactly what you describe.

15 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

Flynn was considered a double agent since he worked for another government.  That's a conflict of interest, different from DOTARDS conflicts of interest but one that is still compromised.  DOTARD is compromised with his relationship with Putin--having Russian translators and with no transcripts of their conversations isn't Kosher.  This isn't a both sides debate.  Besides, Republicans investigate Democrats every administration as a diversion--it's what they do.  

No disagreement on Flynn and Trump and other cronies being criminals. My point is, both sides of the isle default is "lock them up" right now, I look forward to the day we get past that. Although I think I could live 100 years and not see that day unfortunately. Ken Starr fucked everything up. 

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

H1N1 was so bad I don’t even remember it.

So, the polling on it was really bad, but the fake news didn't cover it.  Then why was the polling bad?

43 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

The number of H1N1 deaths was a conservative talking point when this started. 

Which was idiotic from the start, and not just because it was obvious from early on that Covid was dwarf the H1N1 numbers.  The terrifying thing about H1N1 was not the lethality, which was actually on par with a bad flu season.  The terrifying thing was that it was killing young people.  80% of the deaths were people under the age of 65.  11% under 17.  But, as with most things Trumpian, they are too stupid, lazy and arrogant to actually do the basic research to understand why H1N1 was a big deal.  Even now, after over 160,000 American fatalities, they probably haven't done basic background research on other pandemics to understand historical context and to understand where previous failures were.  This is not political philosophy; it is just stupidity.  [Could you imagine if COVID was similarly impacting young people at those ratios?  There is no reason why the next version won't. We need to get our shit together on how we deal with diseases.]

28 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

The whole thread is weird.  He gives some weird attack on the Obama admin, and then says that Biden wasn't really a player in it.  So...?