Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

I knew both things would happen.  Because he's shitty.  And we're shitty.  It was a match made in heaven.  He is the ultimate, perfect, American president.
I think I've pretty much given up.  We deserve everything we're getting, and everything we're going to get, because we've asked for it.  And I've pretty much decided that once I hang up my professional spurs, I'll be spending as little time as possible in this country.  We've chosen to be a shithole, and in perfect American fashion, we are fucking COMMITTED to that choice.  it's what we are.  It's our destiny.

While I enjoy pessimistic Brisket, let me offer you some hope. Trump lost the popular vote. Republicans know the only way they can win is to rig the game. That means the majority of people do not like these shitheads.

The protests/BLM is attracting people and support from all backgrounds to fight against the authoritarian and racist tendencies within law enforcement.

My guess is the majority of supporters are less in agreement with this version of American politics than they are afraid of change, which is a fundamental part of their brain’s decision making process. They haven’t yet realized the temperature already changed in the pot.

We need to re-enact the fairness doctrine and possibly add another limit to free speech as we see the damage that can be done via propaganda networks and radio shows.

Investigative journalism is requisite to a free society, the shrinking of which has allowed the actions of republicans to go forward.
  • Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

This screams "Eric Bramlett".

Don't know that guy, but he seems like a super duper Realtor.  the guy I was referring to is in a different part of the real estate world.  His wealth is as comical as Don Jr's coke habit.  But have Bramlett hit me up, sharing straws during a respiratory viral outbreak sounds like a fun idea right about now.  ;) 

Edited by Lobo

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Someone had a whole plan for this with decision trees and all sorts of good stuff.  Not sure what happened to it though.

Planning is part of it.  But commitment is probably the bigger issue.  When budgets are tight, it's tough to commit funds to something that may not be an issue in your term.  There is a reason that NY State identified a need in their epidemic planning, but then cut it from their budget.    

14 hours ago, mdmost said:

It follows the same pattern he perfected with calling everything that painted him in a bad light as fake news. Now, he's been able to make a large portion of our society act like anything not glowing of Trump is fake news. He'll do the same with the election. Keep saying how it's rigged over and over and then when he loses, he can say "well it was rigged, people should do something about how rigged it was" and then we'll see people actually try to thwart the authenticity of the election results. This is why I hope Biden just absolutely destroys him. It's the only way to not have to deal with all the bullshit he'll try to throw out. 

Couldn't agree more.

In a republic there must be some sort of fairly honest discourse. We got along for quite awhile on mildly honest discourse where some people were just wrong sometimes.

The hate engine started the distrust of the entities that actually can help the common person: the press, lawyers, unions, government agency, and Congress itself. Amazing.

Now what seemed like a throw off remark in 2016, fake news, is dogma. Trump had the sense that "alternative facts" was a loser, so he stuck with fake news and hit a bingo. Trump took a distrust and turned it to a certainty. News not favorable to him is fake news, as you say.

He makes a large part of the electorate argument proof. Q-anon ices that cake with holy double talk. Goodbye any hope of any kind of discourse.

What happens to a republic without discourse? My uneducated guess is two things: servile surrender due to immediate comfort or some form of rebellion.

Beats me as to which path we or even I will take. We don't allow people of color a lot of immediate comfort, maybe they'll ignite something. I'm pulling for BLM and women sick of pussy grabbers and how poorly white men run things. I support them both from my keyboard. What a man!

I'll say I'll drag my aging knees to the street. Talk is cheap. I'll buy bullets for my mother's .38 which I've inherited but never fired. But I may, like a lot of other people, shake my fist at the TV, sigh in resignation then switch over to the game. Maybe warm up a little bread and have a beer.

I need to revisit my Roman history during Marius and Sulla. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yes yes and more yes.

Meh. Fox would just give a Colmes-like “liberal” 3 hours from 2-5 am to offset Hannity, Ingraham and Tucker. Or trot out morons paid to put a face to conservative straw men easy to knock down.

Librrals need to study and use the conservative playbook. They need to convince rich liberals to open up their checkbooks to fund liberal media. Trying to force fairness on a blood sport is a fool’s errand. 

14 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

Sadly, Trump controls the outcome either way.  If Trump “wins”, there will very likely be massive rioting across the country.  If Trump loses, he will have an opportunity to deliver a crushing blow to the country simply by implying the election was rigged; his followers will do as he asks, so all he has to do is encourage violence, and it will happen. The good thing is that his base is rural so it would really take some unexpected organization and effort for them to be as disruptive as the other side.

I am very concerned about our country.  We may very well be <90 days away from a civil war.  

What a sickening notion. History would say Trump destroyed the US.

We'd know better. Trump is merely the trigger on the suicide pistol built by the right. The hate engine is a firearm jammed deep against the skin between the jawbones.

• Hook 'Em 2

Trump suffers from delusions of grandeur, and combined with his narcissism make him insufferable.    Question is how much of it could have been prevented with better parenting?   Should we as a society be questioning our values/goals as a country and be pushing for a reset so we could possibly produce less Trump-type mindsets? 

And it's not just Trump, but so many of these self serving sleazebags who delight in being evil.  Like the Rush, Grim Reaper O'Connell, Gohmert, Cruz...the list is practically endless.  People who have sold their souls for power, fame, money,  whatever.    How did we as a country get turned to have 40% think this shit is acceptable behavior for any human towards others?   And is it something we can correct?

21 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

In the past, when close friends or family members have passed away, I've often reminisced about how "we did interact".That's totally normal.

I always took a transcriptionist to the hospital with me when a family member was ill.

11 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

That's what he's thinking.

Then they refuse the pardon saying they're not guilty of anything.

It's nothing but a 24 hour distraction.

Every Dem should respond to the news by laughing out loud. Biden ought to say, "If he's hoping for a straight up swap, he's shit out of luck."

1onw36.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

So comparable since more people have died of Covid in the US than H1N1 killed worldwide.

It is for the kool-aid drinkers that don't even know how many H1N1 killed (12K) and that it had a lower mortality rate than other strains of influenza. Someone here at work said Obama got a pass and I pointed him to all the articles someone posted here when H1N1 first started that predicted doom but then doom did not come.

1 hour ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Any one else find it interesting that he has no "nickname" for Michelle Obama?  I think he is truly afraid of her and won't say anything mean about her.  Notice he did not say she is nasty or a dog.  He pivoted to it was her husbands fault.  Fucking coward he is.

There is no contest physical or intellectual in which he cold hope to beat her. 

(The way he plays golf is hardly physical. I will not allow stuffing down junk food and keeping down, either.)

7 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

imagine citing 20,000 more american deaths on your watch to try to make a point.

Imagine in paragraph one pointing out that she taped her speech, and then not making the connection in paragraph two that the information might have changed since the speech was taped. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Michelle was WAY too nice when talking about dotard.  "Clearly in over his head"?  Come the fuck on.  He's a deranged individual who manipulates people and never had ANY intention of actually governing.  He shouldn't be in charge of any country, company, lemonade stand, or flea market.  

In over his head conveys the idea that he's trying, he's just not competent.  That is incorrect.  He has been trying to grift off America since the day he took office.  That was his only intention ever.  

What good would it do her to say more? She already whupped his ass by triggering the tweets that prove he's in over his head. Trump can barely handle tweeting lies and watching FOX at the same time. He doesn't watch OAN, he's too busy driving by his ex's house where the pretty blondes are.

14 hours ago, bluto said:

A landslide D win, that’s the only way there’s not bloodshed in November I’m convinced.

Yet in 2016, a GOP win by 77,744 votes in 3 states had the Dem candidate concede the day after an election and a smooth peaceful transition of power on Inauguration Day.

The landside standard is ridiculous and unfairly hamstrings a Biden Presidency from the get go. This President will destroy everything in his path (including the foundations of our democracy) to soothe his raging narcissism.

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I thought this was a joke up thread. What a nakedly cynical and meaningless political gesture to try and make in roads with women. 

Me, too. I wonder which moron in his chorus came up with this as a way to get the "lady vote."

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

The Biggest Political Scandal in the History of our Country.  ???

I'll say it right here and somebody can cut and paste it to the DT forum.  If he provides one single shred of credible evidence between now and Election Day that Obama spied on his campaign and committed treason, I will give the maximum couples donation to the Trump campaign and will take photographic evidence of a Trump yardsign in my lawn as well as my submitted ballot voting for Trump.  

For three years, he's been claiming Obama spied on his campaign and committed treason, and in those three years---despite the full weight of the Dept. of Justice/FBI/National Intelligence Community at his disposal...he's yet to prove anything, demonstrate any evidence, open up any formal investigation, and done nothing except tweet about it and make blanket erroneous statements to reporters as he pretends he has something important to get to.  

Deep State, dude. Deep State.

For the addled mind, it's so easy to explain things away.

17 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I can’t wait for Anastasis to inform us that the Senate Intelligence report is a fabricated hit piece commissioned by the Clinton campaign. 

Dropping this report shortly before the 2020 election was actually Hillary’s genius plan all along.

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Not that anything matters, but it's more proof that trump lied under oath and in writing to Mueller

Fuck everything, fuck the GOP, fuck bothsides equivocation

did you x?

i don't recall doing x.

is the white trash way of participating in court proceedings.  i want to lie about x, but i know there is a good change i'll get busted so i can just say it was a memory thing.

i had an employment issue once where i had to make that point to my client.  "they said i hit a tree with my truck." "well, did you hit a tree?" "i don't remember hitting a tree." "did you have steak and eggs for breakfast?" "no." "why didn't you say 'i don't remember having steak and eggs for breakfast.'?"

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

The real crime here is how unfairly Carter Page was treated.

I still don’t know what to make of Carter Page other than he loves the attention and being in the middle of international criminal conspiracies with Russians.  I think the thing that saved him was him being forthcoming when the FBI interviewed him without an attorney for 10+ hours.  Dude is a goofball. 

10 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I think he's such a goofball that the Russians didn't count on him for anything important.

Yeah but also the guys on the Trump side like Manafort, Gates, Cohen, Stone, Don Jr, Kushner, and Trump didn’t seem to have a lot invested in Carter Page doing much of value.  Makes you wonder whose bright idea it was to have Carter Page on the campaign team in the first place.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

did you x?

i don't recall doing x.

is the white trash way of participating in court proceedings.  i want to lie about x, but i know there is a good change i'll get busted so i can just say it was a memory thing.

i had an employment issue once where i had to make that point to my client.  "they said i hit a tree with my truck." "well, did you hit a tree?" "i don't remember hitting a tree." "did you have steak and eggs for breakfast?" "no." "why didn't you say 'i don't remember having steak and eggs for breakfast.'?"

Well, the problem with saying "I don't know" or "I don't recall" in most legal situations is that it trashes your recall and credibility with respect to other events, if there is ever a trial or hearing where your credibility or recall is placed in issue.

It's not actually a "get out of jail free card."  It works that way for Trump because a) he's not standing trial during his presidency and b) too many people are dishonest or stupid about his credibility, which is complete shit.

29 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Not that anything matters, but it's more proof that trump lied under oath and in writing to Mueller

Fuck everything, fuck the GOP, fuck bothsides equivocation

Well technically he said he didn't recall having a conversation.  So he didn't really lie. I mean, the man probably can't remember what he had for breakfast. That's not even enough to make Susan Collins concerned. 

• Hook 'Em 1