Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, the problem with saying "I don't know" or "I don't recall" in most legal situations is that it trashes your recall and credibility with respect to other events, if there is ever a trial or hearing where your credibility or recall is placed in issue.

It's not actually a "get out of jail free card."  It works that way for Trump because a) he's not standing trial during his presidency and b) too many people are dishonest or stupid about his credibility, which is complete shit.

That, and a savvy cross-examiner can use it to prevent you from disputing allegations.

Q: Did you ever say X?

A: I don’t recall.

Q: So you don’t remember whether you said X?

A: Correct.

Q: You also don’t remember whether you did NOT say X?

A: Uh, yeah. I guess that’s true.

Q: So you can’t take the witness stand and testify under oath that you did not say X?

A: Well, I mean...

Q: Why the hesitation? Did you suddenly remember whether you said X?

A: No...

Q: So you can’t testify under oath that you didn’t say X, is that right?

A: Yes, that is correct.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Out of morbid curiosity, I decided to check and see how Fox is covering the Senate Intel report.

Splashed across the top of the page is this headline: Now It's Trump's Turn: President Goes off on "Corrupt" Obama-Biden White House after Michelle's Searing DNC Speech.

Scroll: Bi-Partisan Bombshell. Senate Intelligence Report: FBI's "Unjustified" Use of Anti-Trump Dossier "Deeply Troubling" Click.

Senate Intel says FBI gave 'unjustified credence' to Steele dossier, Russia 'took advantage' of Trump transition team

The Senate Intelligence Committee found that the FBI gave the unverified anti-Trump dossier “unjustified credence,” and that Russia “took advantage” of members of the Trump transition team’s “relative inexperience in government” in its final report as part of its years-long bipartisan Russia investigation.

The panel on Tuesday released the fifth and final volume of its five-part report on Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

"Over the last three years, the Senate Intelligence Committee conducted a bipartisan and thorough investigation into Russian efforts to influence the 2016 election and undermine our democracy," Acting Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Marco Rubio, R-Fla., said in a statement Tuesday. "We interviewed over 200 witnesses and reviewed over 1 million pages of documents."

He added: "No probe into this matter has been more exhaustive."

“We can say, without any hesitation, that the Committee found absolutely no evidence that then-candidate Donald Trump or his campaign colluded with the Russian government to meddle in the 2016 election,” Rubio said. “What the Committee did find, however, is very troubling.”

Rubio detailed the committee’s findings, which included “irrefutable evidence of Russian meddling” and “deeply troubling actions taken” by the FBI, “particularly their acceptance and willingness to rely on the ‘Steele Dossier’ without verifying its methodology or sourcing.”

The committee found that the FBI gave the dossier, authored by ex-British intelligence agent Christopher Steele, “unjustified credence, based on an incomplete understanding of Steele’s past reporting record.

Yes, that's what they lead with. You've got to go another couple of paragraphs before they mention Manafort and a quick reference to Papadopopo. The tone of the piece is all about exonerating an poor innocent Trump campaign that was taken advantage of by that crafty Manafort and the Ruskies. Not mention of Stone or Kushner and only one throw-away line tossed in there about Don Jr.

1 hour ago, softlynow said:

Meh. Fox would just give a Colmes-like “liberal” 3 hours from 2-5 am to offset Hannity, Ingraham and Tucker. Or trot out morons paid to put a face to conservative straw men easy to knock down.

Librrals need to study and use the conservative playbook. They need to convince rich liberals to open up their checkbooks to fund liberal media. Trying to force fairness on a blood sport is a fool’s errand. 

It has been tried.  The problem is that those on the left do not simply follow along talking heads as freely as those on the right do.   Al Franken vs Gym Jordan/Roy Moore.    One side holds their new casters to account for their mistakes, the other doesn't give a shit if they contradict themselves on the same newscast.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Me, too. I wonder which moron in his chorus came up with this as a way to get the "lady vote."

I'm more interested if Susan'll accept it.  I hear she's dead but Frederick Douglas was making the rounds a few years ago, so?  

Edited by Mdhorn

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah but also the guys on the Trump side like Manafort, Gates, Cohen, Stone, Don Jr, Kushner, and Trump didn’t seem to have a lot invested in Carter Page doing much of value.  Makes you wonder whose bright idea it was to have Carter Page on the campaign team in the first place.  

Well, Trump didn't really know him.  He put a lot of people in his campaign and cabinet that he barely knew.  Weird.  

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

Well technically he said he didn't recall having a conversation.  So he didn't really lie. I mean, the man probably can't remember what he had for breakfast. That's not even enough to make Susan Collins concerned. 

Technically, his lawyers lied under oath.  They filled out Mueller's request.  

3 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

It’s not believable he didn’t know the DHS chief of staff who worked in the admin for 2.5 years 

This is always his excuse when his henchmen get busted or released.  His auto default is to distance himself immediately.  He's got a slew of people that he didn't know that worked for him in some government capacity.  

Edited by Mdhorn

11 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Can't find the full interview, but here's a 4 and a half minute snippet

but the resemblance to the DT thread is stunning.

To be fair to this guy, he can’t locate the test because he’s been busy being type cast as the pedophilic uncle/coach in every  ABC after school special of my entire youth.  

I applaud Cooper.  These people need to be ridiculed at every opportunity.  Nothing they say should be taken seriously and their stupidity needs to be proven publicly until they crawl back in to the holes from whence they came.

Edited by kevwun

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, way to own the infomercial guy selling pillows.  

He's a Trump surrogate peddling fucking oleander to treat / cure a novel coronavirus that has killed 170K in the US.  

A CNN interview with Cooper (who may be one of the closest contemporaries we have to Mike Wallace) is not an infomercial. And like Trump's statement about injecting household disinfectants to battle COVID, this is counter-programming because this dude has been on Fox News and probably Newsmax and OAN pitching this without challenge.

• Hook 'Em 1

People are going to win fucking pulitzers for asking follow up questions to pillow salesman claiming to have a “miracle” cure for a global pandemic.  That’s where we are as a nation right now.  You used to have spend a year as a combat correspondent in Vietnam to even be considered for a Pulitzer.  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

People are going to win fucking pulitzers for asking follow up questions to pillow salesman claiming to have a “miracle” cure for a global pandemic.  That’s where we are as a nation right now.  You used to have spend a year as a combat correspondent in Vietnam to even be considered for a Pulitzer.  

I think Cooper is up for the Pillowzer.  NTTIAWWT

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

Is it really worth the hassle to protect people who would buy a miracle plague cure from a goofball who charges $50 for a pillow?

Yes, just because they are stupid does not mean you don't occasionally throw them a lifejacket.  Whether they put it on or not is up to them.

16 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

needs to happen. sunlight, disinfectant, etc.

if you don't challenge the message this guy is selling, then you are essentially tacitly endorsing it.

You can also suffocate him by depriving him of oxygen (subtle pillow joke).  Why not have the plandemic lady on while we’re at it? Perhaps CNN can invite Alex Jones on to get owned as well.  This is one of those challenging questions in how the media should approach these shameless grifters. Personally, I think CNN’s airtime would be more useful to the public by not platforming these pieces of shit. It’s debatable of course and there are no correct answers here. 

35 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Can't find the full interview, but here's a 4 and a half minute snippet

but the resemblance to the DT thread is stunning.

This thing works, it's the miracle of all time! I can scale things. I can get it out there!

How are you different from a snake-oil salesman?

You know what? I think my platform stands for itself. The platform that God gave me.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Future pardons, pardoning co-conspirators, and self-pardons are so not framers intent. When stuff like that did come up, the other delegates must have scoffed at the suggestion. They built in checks and balances including impeachment.

The Republic is on the brink.

So what you're saying is republicans have reached a level of perverse corruption seen as unfathomable by men who grew up under the foot of a literal KING and rebelled against that king. 

23 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

needs to happen. sunlight, disinfectant, etc.

if you don't challenge the message this guy is selling, then you are essentially tacitly endorsing it.

Not to mention that this particular mental giant regularly meets Trump in the WH and ostensibly has contributed to federal policy for the coronavirus response. Wasn’t that asshole awarded a contract to make masks?

Pardoning a leading suffragette for an act of intentional civil disobedience that she proudly wore during her lifetime on the 100th anniversary of the 19th amendment is right up their with moving to keep Andrew Jackson on fiat currency in the ignorant history department.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You can also suffocate him by depriving him of oxygen (subtle pillow joke).  Why not have the plandemic lady on while we’re at it? Perhaps CNN can invite Alex Jones on to get owned as well.  This is one of those challenging questions in how the media should approach these shameless grifters. Personally, I think CNN’s airtime would be more useful to the public by not platforming these pieces of shit. It’s debatable of course and there are no correct answers here. 

Regardless of the grifting angle, when the other side sends out a stupid dipshit to get clobbered, you always say yes. One interview is not platforming someone who is already out there, etc.

Edited by SizzleChest

12 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I applaud Cooper.  These people need to be ridiculed at every opportunity.  Nothing they say should be taken seriously and their stupidity needs to be proven publicly until they crawl back in to the holes from whence they came.

Look. It might feel good, but it really doesn’t do anything to change anyone’s mind or help the conversation.

Case in pt: my dad.

An otherwise hardworking man. College educated.

But talk to him about COVID? Jesus Christ.

DNAgramps: I just think there’s a lot we don’t know

DNAguy: You’re right.

DNAgramps: I think it’s like any other virus, but people are genetically predisposed to die from it.

Me: What?

DNAgramps: That’s the only explanation

Me: How so? That doesn’t make sense. It’s a novel virus that hasn’t ever existed.

DNAgramps: No. Not true. Studies show that it’s been around. It’s only now that people are dying. It’s like the flu. 

Me: What studies? Where do you get your information? That makes no sense. There’re co-morbidities that make you more susceptible. Age, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. Those come from genetics. But old people die from this more than young people. That’s not genetic.

DNAgramps: I just think it’s genetic. You’re wrong. How else do you explain it.

Me: I just did.

DNAgramps: Well we can’t be shut down forever.

Me: Ok, well now you just changed the subject....

Later that evening:

Me: I. Mean, it’s pretty sad about the President’s brother dying

DNAgramps: He died?

ME: Yeah, and it sucks that the President couldn’t be by his side.

DNAgramps: Well he was busy. You know, being the President. You just don’t like him and will find anything to pick apart.

Me: Dad, he was golfing.

DNAgramps: No he wasn’t.

Me: Umm. Yeah he was. Would you like to see a picture taken from yesterday?

DNAgramps: And Obama played basketball everyday at lunch. You didn’t have a problem with that.

Me: What?!

DNAgramps: He did. Look it up.

Me: Look it up where? You can’t just say shit like that and then tell me to go look it up like you are versed in Obama’s schedule from 2009-2017. Trump is documented playing golf for almost a quarter of his time in office.

DNAgramps: Business is done all the time on the golf course.

Me: Oh Christ. This is like arguing with your 4 year old granddaughter. I hope you realize that. [he did not]

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Look. It might feel good, but it really doesn’t do anything to change anyone’s mind or help the conversation.

DNAgramps: I think it’s like any other virus, but people are genetically predisposed to die from it.

Me: How so? That doesn’t make sense. It’s a novel virus that hasn’t ever existed.

DNAgramps: No. Not true. Studies show that it’s been around. It’s only now that people are dying. It’s like the flu. 

Me: What studies? Where do you get your information? That makes no sense. There’re co-morbidities that make you more susceptible. Age, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. Those come from genetics. But old people die from this more than young people. That’s not genetic.

Later that evening:

DNAgramps: Well he was busy. You know, being the President. You just don’t like him and will find anything to pick apart.

DNAgramps: And Obama played basketball everyday at lunch. You didn’t have a problem with that.

Me: Look it up where? You can’t just say shit like that and then tell me to go look it up like you are versed in Obama’s schedule from 2009-2017. Trump is documented playing golf for almost a quarter of his time in office.

Me: Oh Christ. This is like arguing with your 4 year old granddaughter. I hope you realize that. [he did not]

Fuck, that was hard to read.  Good luck man.

5 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Later that evening:

I didn't know your dad posted in DT

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

41 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

This is always his excuse when his henchmen get busted or released.  His auto default is to distance himself immediately.  He's got a slew of people that he didn't know that worked for him in some government capacity.  

He doesn't even wish them well. 

11 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Regardless of the grifting angle, when the other side sends out a stupid dipshit to get clobbered, you always say yes. One interview is not platforming someone who is already out there, etc.

You could argue that the media bringing Trump on so much during the primaries because he was bombastic And good for ratings is partially the reason he got elected. There is a danger to giving crazy people air, especially with the Q crazies looking for new straws to grasp onto. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Donald Trump is President largely because his crazy bullshit kept getting platformed by the media and treated as a legitimate point of view, it never was. When you give CNN airtime to these guys, you also give them an illusion of legitimacy. I have little doubt the myPillow guy will run for some kind of elected office and he’ll win because people are familiar with him. It doesn’t matter how owned he got today. My general rule with the media is they shouldn’t platform known bad actors, even to discredit them, period.  I do however understand why folks disagree with that.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

46% of California's power generation comes from natural gas.  He didn't "give America energy independence" and (once again) is just spouting nonsense.  Rolling blackouts are a function of generation capacity, not fuel supply.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 3