Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

not sure where this should go, but there was a 15 min interview anderson cooper just did with the mypillow guy.  it is highly entertaining.  i'll find a link.

I also watched it live. I guess I"m past the point of finding Gallow's Humor entertaining. PEOPLE LISTEN to that motherfucker. You know he's doing interviews on Fox News and OAN and they're lapping it. Frustrated Anderson Cooper was pretty outstanding, but I have no idea why he kept the guy on so long. What a dumb, dumb, lying motherfucker. 

*Damnit, just saw Sizzle basically typed out my exact thoughts.

Edited by SydneyCarton

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

46% of California's power generation comes from natural gas.  He didn't "give America energy independence" and (once again) is just spouting nonsense.  Rolling blackouts are a function of generation capacity, not fuel supply.

You have a lot of big words that I don't understand, so I'm just going to say you're wrong and Dear Leader is right.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

needs to happen. sunlight, disinfectant, etc.

if you don't challenge the message this guy is selling, then you are essentially tacitly endorsing it.

If you're correct then we won't see him peddling that cockamamie cure anymore, right? Want to make a bet on that?

Ever heard the phrase, "There is no such thing as bad publicity?"

Youre making the same argument people make when they defend responding to trolls. It never has the effect you think it will. It only legitimizes and amplifies their bullshit. Some claims are so stupid they don't deserve a response and when you dignify them by giving one, you've been successfully trolled. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I also watched it live. I guess I"m past the point of finding Gallow's Humor entertaining. PEOPLE LISTEN to that motherfucker. You know he's doing interviews on Fox News and OAN and they're lapping it. Frustrated Anderson Cooper was pretty outstanding, but I have no idea why he kept the guy on so long. What a dumb, dumb, lying motherfucker. 

*Damnit, just saw Sizzle basically typed out my exact thoughts.

All you basically have to do is show up on television enough times, and you will become a trusted voice to the elderly. Because, well, you've been on TV so many times. 

It's ridiculous. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

You could argue that the media bringing Trump on so much during the primaries because he was bombastic And good for ratings is partially the reason he got elected. There is a danger to giving crazy people air, especially with the Q crazies looking for new straws to grasp onto. 

You could? How could you not? Of course that's a huge reason why he got elected. CNN gave him and his surrogates constant coverage. 

• Hook 'Em 1

the problem with clowning the My Pillow guy is that it happened on CNN.  the people who need to see this, i.e., Fox News viewers, will have no idea it happened.  and if they do hear about it, it's necessarily fake news since it was on CNN.

Ingraham will probably do a segment about this and then blast CNN for being fake and bringing on some quack doctor to support My Pillow guy's plant.

26 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This may be the most Tommy Flanagan-esque tweet he's ever had.  Sweet fucking christ.  Just shut up you buffoon.

He is creating a zombie army of useful idiots willing to take at face-value anything he tweets. I don't know if he is merely a dim-witted buffoon or a master manipulator. I strongly sense the former rather than the latter explains his state of mind.  That suggests his followers are cultists in a cult of personality, since there is no overriding ethos that would explain his ignorance other than dimness.

History will not be kind to his 2020 supporters. 

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, TornACL said:

All you basically have to do is show up on television enough times, and you will become a trusted voice to the elderly. Because, well, you've been on TV so many times. 

It's ridiculous. 

I haven't watched daytime TV since college, so I always assumed the ads targeted to the olds were primarily on FOX News.  Since March, I've been working from home, and some days I'll just park the TV on CNN in the background.  Holy shit, the number of reverse mortgage, prescription and insurance ads are mind-numbing.  I guess even centrist-liberal olds are suckers.

3 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

the problem with clowning the My Pillow guy is that it happened on CNN.  the people who need to see this, i.e., Fox News viewers, will have no idea it happened.  and if they do hear about it, it's necessarily fake news since it was on CNN.

Ingraham will probably do a segment about this and then blast CNN for being fake and bringing on some quack doctor to support My Pillow guy's plant.

I listened to this interview live while in the car.  Nobody has mentioned the part where he started yelling that Trump is the greatest president in the history of America.  He said that a few times.  He also mentioned Christianity/God and how he isn’t doing this for money but to save people.   The biggest joke of the whole thing is his pillows SUCK!  I saw one at a local store here in Dallas a few years ago and it was one of the worst feeling pillows I have ever felt.  Like it had chunks of rocks in it.  He has made millions off of suckering people in this country into buying crap.  No wonder he and Trump are buddies.  They have a lot in common.

14 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You could? How could you not? Of course that's a huge reason why he got elected. CNN gave him and his surrogates constant coverage. 

And then when they saw what they had wrought, they turned the coverage negative on every little thing, falling right into his hands on "fake news."

CNN got used like a $2 whore in this whole deal.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So, it really is oleander, aka deadly nightshade.

Well, oleandrin, which is unproven as a therapeutic for anything, and is a potentially lethal toxin.

Fucking wonderful.

Looks like it grows across the southern USA. How long before we see an uptick in deaths due to oleander consumption? 

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I haven't watched daytime TV since college, so I always assumed the ads targeted to the olds were primarily on FOX News.  Since March, I've been working from home, and some days I'll just park the TV on CNN in the background.  Holy shit, the number of reverse mortgage, prescription and insurance ads are mind-numbing.  I guess even centrist-liberal olds are suckers.

Why would Tom Selleck lie to me

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

We have to monitor CNN and The Weather Channel 24/7 at work. If nothing else, I have a PhD in how heavy truck wreckers work and why airplanes crash.

42 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Donald Trump is President largely because his crazy bullshit kept getting platformed by the media and treated as a legitimate point of view, it never was. When you give CNN airtime to these guys, you also give them an illusion of legitimacy. I have little doubt the myPillow guy will run for some kind of elected office and he’ll win because people are familiar with him. It doesn’t matter how owned he got today. My general rule with the media is they shouldn’t platform known bad actors, even to discredit them, period.  I do however understand why folks disagree with that.

Man, you keep putting these two things together.  

Platforming bad actors = bad.  

A single interview with some pillow infomercial dipshit Trump surrogate pushing potentially deadly snake oil during a pandemic = not bad.  

You can argue it's not optimal, but it's not the same thing as Trump getting a chair and hours upon hours of airtime in 2015-16 on Morning Joe.

32 minutes ago, otisdog said:

Rednecks do blow?

The band "The Alabama 3", not the band "Alabama."  Totally different genre.  One is a bunch of drugged up brits from Brixton that wrote the theme song to "The Sopranos" amongst other induced ballads.  And the other is...well, Alabama.  

11 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Trump getting a chair and hours upon hours of airtime in 2015-16 on Morning Joe.

Give poor Joe Scarburro a break - that was the strategy of the Clinton campaign to push trump as the repub nominee. He just went along with the plan. That campaign was its own worst enemy. 

1 hour ago, Dnaguy said:

Look. It might feel good, but it really doesn’t do anything to change anyone’s mind or help the conversation.

Case in pt: my dad.

An otherwise hardworking man. College educated.

But talk to him about COVID? Jesus Christ.

DNAgramps: I just think there’s a lot we don’t know

DNAguy: You’re right.

DNAgramps: I think it’s like any other virus, but people are genetically predisposed to die from it.

Me: What?

DNAgramps: That’s the only explanation

Me: How so? That doesn’t make sense. It’s a novel virus that hasn’t ever existed.

DNAgramps: No. Not true. Studies show that it’s been around. It’s only now that people are dying. It’s like the flu. 

Me: What studies? Where do you get your information? That makes no sense. There’re co-morbidities that make you more susceptible. Age, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. Those come from genetics. But old people die from this more than young people. That’s not genetic.

DNAgramps: I just think it’s genetic. You’re wrong. How else do you explain it.

Me: I just did.

DNAgramps: Well we can’t be shut down forever.

Me: Ok, well now you just changed the subject....

Later that evening:

Me: I. Mean, it’s pretty sad about the President’s brother dying

DNAgramps: He died?

ME: Yeah, and it sucks that the President couldn’t be by his side.

DNAgramps: Well he was busy. You know, being the President. You just don’t like him and will find anything to pick apart.

Me: Dad, he was golfing.

DNAgramps: No he wasn’t.

Me: Umm. Yeah he was. Would you like to see a picture taken from yesterday?

DNAgramps: And Obama played basketball everyday at lunch. You didn’t have a problem with that.

Me: What?!

DNAgramps: He did. Look it up.

Me: Look it up where? You can’t just say shit like that and then tell me to go look it up like you are versed in Obama’s schedule from 2009-2017. Trump is documented playing golf for almost a quarter of his time in office.

DNAgramps: Business is done all the time on the golf course.

Me: Oh Christ. This is like arguing with your 4 year old granddaughter. I hope you realize that. [he did not]

Name one scenario that would change his mind. 

That's the whole problem with America is social media and right wing propaganda have destroyed any chance of actual proof and data and facts having any positive benefit to the country going forward. Going for entertainment value whent tearing down these criminals is just as valid as anything else that could happen right now

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

CNN and MSNBC. Pisses me off too. 

I just noticed SizzleChest said the same thing. I was really angry at Joe and Mika for giving so much air time to Don during the campaign, because I guess they thought he would never be elected. Plus the American people couldn’t be that stupid. And now look where we are. Presidential politics is all about personality. The Dems still believe it’s about who’s more qualified. And every now and then those 2 come together, Obama and Bill Clinton for example. 

Edited by Brandywine
  • Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Looks like it grows across the southern USA. How long before we see an uptick in deaths due to oleander consumption? 

It's a pretty plant, we have some in our back yard.  But keep it away from your dogs if they like to get into the flowerbeds, because it will kill them dead.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Captainant said:

Not that anything matters, but it's more proof that trump lied under oath and in writing to Mueller

Fuck everything, fuck the GOP, fuck bothsides equivocation

Dude a 16 yr old black kid is somewhere smoking a joint, let's please try focus on the real criminals. 

34 minutes ago, Lobo said:

The band "The Alabama 3", not the band "Alabama."  Totally different genre.  One is a bunch of drugged up brits from Brixton that wrote the theme song to "The Sopranos" amongst other induced ballads.  And the other is...well, Alabama.  

So no fiddle in the band for the Alabama 3?  Guess they won't play in Texas.

1 minute ago, Dnaguy said:

You shut your whore mouth. 

Stevie Ray Vaughan was from Dallas, Texas. 

He’s a goddamn Yankee where I come from. 

You shut your whore mouth. 

SRV may have been from Dallas originally (which explains the cocaine) but we stole him and as a result ultimately became the better music town, or at least we were until we got rich and the Covid so I guess we’re more like Dallas now anyway. 

Fuck me. Circle of life shit. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

So no fiddle in the band for the Alabama 3?  Guess they won't play in Texas.

I think they had a fiddle player on some songs.  They love southern music influences from across the pond.  Woody Guthrie, Johnny Cash, John Prine, Howling Wolf, Jerry Reed, et. al.  Anyway, between them and Don Junior, there was no coke on the planet for a few weeks.  not sure if they're even still together as a band nowadays.

Back to politics:  Can't wait to see what Julia Louis-Dreyfus has to say about Trump.  And how futile Trump's counter-punches will be against her.  I know she's too classy, but I wish she'd mention that she's easily worth more money than Trump is.  But that she's funny on purpose is what should be so upsetting to his supporters.  

Edited by Lobo

4 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

It's a pretty plant, we have some in our back yard.  But keep it away from your dogs if they like to get into the flowerbeds, because it will kill them dead.

Landscape shrubs and greenery go through trends just as furniture and homes do. When we moved here oleander and cannas were the rage but I see fewer of them each year. Lots of crepe myrtles still. The oleandrin research was conducted with scientists from UTMB and MD Anderson so it's not like the Pillowpal guy is doing this in his basement, but there needs to be a wall due to conflicts of interest with government agencies, policy, private interests, and research groups and that wall cannot be breached without safeguards. The pillow guy is violating those, IMO.

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Landscape shrubs and greenery go through trends just as furniture and homes do. When we moved here oleander and cannas were the rage but I see fewer of them each year. Lots of crepe myrtles still. The oleandrin research was conducted with scientists from UTMB and MD Anderson so it's not like the Pillowpal guy is doing this in his basement, but there needs to be a wall due to conflicts of interest with government agencies, policy, private interests, and research groups and that wall cannot be breached without safeguards. The pillow guy is violating those, IMO.

If you watched the whole interview, and your conclusion was anything OTHER than this guy is doing this shit in his basement, then I question your intelligence and/or your personal integrity. Good day, sir!

No, I have seen none of it, am late to the convo. I've been out mowing the yard in the 100 degree heat. I could probably give that guy a run for his money on crazy right now.

Also, if they want to get really crazy, I grow a ton of morning glories because I love watching butterflies and bees and the blooms are pretty. Apparently morning glories are hallucinogenic.

3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Agree. They seize on a scintilla of evidence and then make outrageous claims. Con-Man Capitalism if intentional. Hubris if unintentional. 

Two of the scientists among those listed doing the research (listed as coauthors) are with Phoenix Biotechnology (the Pillow guy is the Director). Interesting note in the comments: "Given the desperation of people at the moment, I would like to point out that this paper says the compound does not have an effect below 0.05 ug/mL. The compound’s lethal dose has been estimated to be 0.02 ug/mL."

What was it the President said regarding shutting down the economy, "we don't want the cure to be worse than the virus?" It is what it is.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Edit
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Mrs Whiggins said:

Two of the scientists doing the research are with Phoenix Biotechnology (the Pillow guy is the Director). Interesting note in the comments: "Given the desperation of people at the moment, I would like to point out that this paper says the compound does not have an effect below 0.05 ug/mL. The compound’s lethal dose has been estimated to be 0.02 ug/mL."

What was it the President said regarding shutting down the economy, "we don't want the cure to be worse than the virus?" It is what it is.

I for one welcome his followers to chase this cure 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Chooky said:

I abhor racism but Diamond and Silk tempt me to dabble in it. 

Most cities have amateur leagues you can join to see if racism is for you.  It's not a huge commitment of time or money, but if you enjoy it, you're eventually going to want to move up out of the beer leagues and into a legit travelling squad.  Those road trips are always fun, you'll see Vidor, Jasper, DeKalb, Gladewater, etc.  Good times, good times.

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Two of the scientists among those listed doing the research (listed as coauthors) are with Phoenix Biotechnology (the Pillow guy is the Director). Interesting note in the comments: "Given the desperation of people at the moment, I would like to point out that this paper says the compound does not have an effect below 0.05 ug/mL. The compound’s lethal dose has been estimated to be 0.02 ug/mL."

Why are they trying to cure a hoax anyway?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1