Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

44 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

Tonight's the night, let's live it up. I got my money, let's spend it up. Fill my cup, mozel tov. 

Somehow I KNEW Soros did this.

Looking forward to Warren tonight; she follows Hillary so I may go clean a bathroom or something and then return when she's on.

10 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

It's Benes, you kackass.

I'm sorry, did you mean to say jackass, but it came out "Kackass?"  

Also, regarding QAnon.  I still don't know  much about them, me and the President both apparently.  But I've often wondered...the people I see at the back of large parking lots early in the morning that were already drinking booze, doing drugs, and eating fast food away from their families...what it those people were so vulnerable that they could be convinced to join ridiculous political movements just by blasting their phones and radios with the right messages during the times they were most vulnerable?  What if you could turn those hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, of Americans into something of a political force by tapping into their most vulnerable traits?  Just something I thought about...but QAnon basically did just that.  

Edited by Lobo

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

All the QAnon shit should do is reinforce how scary it is that Trump will support anyone and anything who flatters him. 
“Sir, these people are domestic terrorists according to your FBI”

”Well they like me, so I like them”

Imagine being that desperate.

^
that's actually one of the least shitty videos his campaign has put out.  But it still begs the question, "If they were spying on your campaign...if it's the greatest political conspiracy in U.S. history...just provide one shred of evidence and/or arrest one person and a lot of us former Republicans will fall back in line behind you.  I mean...if only you had like an investigation agency at your fingertips that could investigate federal crimes.  We could call them like a Bureau...like an Investigation Bureau with Federal powers.  And they could look into shit like this for you, under the purview of the Department of Justice.  If you had something like that...at your behest...for say...3.6 years.  Maybe you could make some progress, because otherwise...I'm afraid all you have is this internet video.

I think he came up with the idea first...then some staffer showed him a map of where their facilities were located and how hard a boycott during an already tense economic situation would hit those communities and Trump pulled a Gob Bluth, "I've made a huge mistake." 

I used to wonder how women could excuse away their husband's abuse of them and her children.  Then I watch Trumpers and realize, "Oh, it's actually really easy for people to excuse away abuse.  In fact, the more open and out there it is, it seems the easier they can dismiss it and pretend to move on." 

I'd like to ask Trump supporters something, "Let me guess...would i not understand how he treats you behind closed doors?  Is he actually really kind?" 

22 minutes ago, Lobo said:

^
that's actually one of the least shitty videos his campaign has put out.  But it still begs the question, "If they were spying on your campaign...if it's the greatest political conspiracy in U.S. history...just provide one shred of evidence and/or arrest one person and a lot of us former Republicans will fall back in line behind you.  I mean...if only you had like an investigation agency at your fingertips that could investigate federal crimes.  We could call them like a Bureau...like an Investigation Bureau with Federal powers.  And they could look into shit like this for you, under the purview of the Department of Justice.  If you had something like that...at your behest...for say...3.6 years.  Maybe you could make some progress, because otherwise...I'm afraid all you have is this internet video.

It has been shown over and over Trump commits crimes on a daily basis, but you’ll run back to him and his party because of one shred of evidence of one crime?  This is why no one takes you seriously.  Stop posting this stupid shit every day.

• Hook 'Em 1

Sally, it was hyperbole to drive home a point that he could garner so much credibility (at least in the eyes of his base) if he could just muster up one point of evidence.  I don't care to be taken seriously on a make believe message board, but read back through this thread...even the anti-Trump shit is mostly sarcasm and saltiness.  The proffered post is intended to illustrate that he could curry so much favor with a modicum of evidence but he won't...because he can't. It's not intended for you.  I don't post it every day...you're acting like a hyperbolic woman who exaggerates "every day."  If I post something like this offer, every day...then post all the posts from the last two weeks.  So that's 14 days...post the 14 examples or admit you're a hyperbolic woman.  And that's fine.  The world needs left-leaning ball suckers now more than ever.  Or report my posts.  Do something other that just whine incessantly.  This is why your parents considered infanticide.  Or let's just put each other on ignore, dealer's choice.

I gotta say though, upon reflection, "this is why no one takes you seriously" is the most adorable thing I've read on here after all these years.  You are an absolute gem.  A grown adult thinking somebody on Surly cares about being taken seriously?  You are just the sweetest thing.  I posted off the cuff as usual and didn't stop to absorb that line from you.  You think we're here to be taken seriously.  I'm honestly making the same shrugging smiley face I make to my half-sister with Down's Syndrome when she sends me a funny text.   You are just the cutest.  

Edited by Lobo

Fuck him and every person that enables him.  Clinton was right.

Fucking this. These people aren’t a matter of “we disagree politically.” They’re fucking evil. Purely, and simply.
They cheer the deaths of innocents. And he praises them. And they in turn worship him as a God.
Fuck them all.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, staboner said:

how's it going homies? page 573 and still trying to interact with the demon child. ya'll motherfuckers are on repeat.

Obama going talk about Trump more? did i see that? crap. he's starting taking his cues from this board. turrible

hey, I haven't been nuked yet. have you? huh?

giphy.gif

Let the bears pay the bear tax.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Fucking this. These people aren’t a matter of “we disagree politically.” They’re fucking evil. Purely, and simply.
They cheer the deaths of innocents. And he praises them. And they in turn worship him as a God.
Fuck them all.

Wrong thread to comment on speeches even if the rant was triggered by Brisket. 

Polity is at stake, not policy.

Edited by RomaVicta

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Obama and Warren were the only speakers I saw operating from the correct starting point. Shit is very fucking serious and it's not over any policy. It's the future of a republic being gutted before our eyes. Obama's speech was a piece of brilliance. Let's talk about what is.

Most of the rest of it was a cringe fest for me, but maybe that's me just being a white man and the part of this white man that shouldn't be running anything for at least ten years. Harris speech felt like an Academy Award acceptance without a time limit. We pull together. We'll be asked what we did. Blah blah blah to my ears. I have no qualm about her being Veep or even ascending should history make that demand, I just didn't like the speech.

At the end where she's addressing the young people who are pushing we olds on for this country we all love. It rang tired and presumptuous. I don't know how how the young feel about the US. I'm a boomer and I don't find my heart welling with emotion when I see Old Glory. I see cruelty, graft, and death. I see too many Americans good with it. I can't imagine the young are any more enamored of the US than we were in early 70s when we were shipping youth off to war, backing death squads and dictators, and still denying blacks real equality. (Cue Guess Who, American Woman)

Obama talked about the ancestors who made democracy work and contrasted it directly or indirectly to the possibility that we'd just let it slip away. He sees it. He knows it. Fuck the unwritten rule about criticizing sitting presidents. It's the nation at stake and the odds aren't good.

I watched MSNBC and Nicole Wallace hit the note I wanted to hear. Not soft pearl clutching about scary Obama's speech. Her outrage at Trump was barely containable. 

I guess I'm just raving. Too much business as usual with the convention. I may not even be on the right thread. Did I bang my head?

Obama’s speech was very good. You’re not wrong about having the senior citizen set (and I’m including Warren in that group) speak to the young; the whole “youth cannot know...” air might be a turnoff for that demographic but I’m also not familiar with protocol and the DNC. If it follows a seniority and other traditional procedures, then it very well could be that the ‘wait your turn young pups’ holds back some of the freshness you’re seeking. But, there is some change and it is a good change: more POC, more women of all backgrounds, more LBGQT spokespeople. A large diverse group and they are beginning to rally around each other on shared ideas of inclusion, representation and change. We won’t get through this without each other, that is probably one of the few things those Q people understand when they’re not out toppling 5G towers:  united we stand. 

10 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Fuck them all.

In fairness, I'm going to cheer like a mother fucker when dotard finally kicks it in.

• Hook 'Em 1

Obama’s speech was very good. You’re not wrong about having the senior citizen set (and I’m including Warren in that group) speak to the young; the whole “youth cannot know...” air might be a turnoff for that demographic but I’m also not familiar with protocol and the DNC. If it follows a seniority and other traditional procedures, then it very well could be that the ‘wait your turn young pups’ holds back some of the freshness you’re seeking. But, there is some change and it is a good change: more POC, more women of all backgrounds, more LBGQT spokespeople. A large diverse group and they are beginning to rally around each other on shared ideas of inclusion, representation and change. We won’t get through this without each other, that is probably one of the few things those Q people understand when they’re not out toppling 5G towers:  united we stand. 
Young people aren't watching the DNC anyway. Not anyone who isn't a hardcore Democrat already. Especially now. SO nothing said is going to turn them off.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Not near as shitty as your take that we could have had universal healthcare in like ‘95. Were you even alive then?

Funny, but here's a good analysis of what happened.

Nearly a year has passed since Congress declared the demise of health care reform, at least for the current legislative session. However, the problems that drove the 1993-1994 health reform effort remain and, indeed, are growing worse in many cases. In this study Robert Blendon and colleagues examine public opinion polls during the 1993-1994 period to attempt to understand why Americans' strong initial support for health care reform—and specifically the Clinton administration s managed competition-based proposal—reversed itself during the debate. Within a twelve-month period, they found, public support for the Clinton plan fell from 71 percent to 43 percent. The authors offer a number of explanations for this drop-off of public support, especially among key groups that traditionally have supported Democratic proposals. They are sharply critical of the Clinton administration s failure to retain public support and translate political momentum into action.

One of the most amazing bits - between September of 1993 and April of 1994 support for Clinton's UHC plan among Democrats fell from 83% to only 58%. The whole paper is worth reading but the analysis on page 14-15 about the poor strategic and substantive choices.

Of course her public performance in response to legitimate concerns from Democrat legislators and their constituents didn't help either: When asked by Va Congressman Norm Sisisky what could be done to ease the burden on small employers during a hearing, she famously responded "I can't go out and save every undercapitalized entrepreneur in America."

15 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Funny, but here's a good analysis of what happened.

One of the most amazing bits - between September of 1993 and April of 1994 support for Clinton's UHC plan among Democrats fell from 83% to only 58%. The whole paper is worth reading but the analysis on page 14-15 about the poor strategic and substantive choices.

Of course her public performance in response to legitimate concerns from Democrat legislators and their constituents didn't help either: When asked by Va Congressman Norm Sisisky what could be done to ease the burden on small employers during a hearing, she famously responded "I can't go out and save every undercapitalized entrepreneur in America."

From your article:

“For the third time since World War II, a U.S. president has been unable to convince Congress to enact his proposed national health care reform plan. As was true of the earlier presidential attempts, the
Clinton administration's failed effort resulted from many factors, including the strong opposition of interest groups, the ideological composition of Congress, opposition by important segments of the media, the timing of the proposal, and the nature of public opinion.”

Over 25 years later we still don’t have it for the same reasons.  But Hillary or something.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:
10 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Young  MOST people aren't watching the DNC anyway. Not anyone who isn't a hardcore Democrat already. Especially now. SO nothing said is going to turn them off.

fixed

3 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

In fairness, I'm going to cheer like a mother fucker when dotard finally kicks it in.

I said they cheer the death of innocents.

I will absolutely, 100%, cheer the death of the evil despot.  I will run out into the street waving the flag, and drive around honking in jubilation like a drunk Brazilian soccer fan.

7 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

They create their own reality.  Surprised Trump isn't talking about how he took down Bin Laden.  

It will happen before the week is out.  I'm dead serious -- the MAGAs will absolutely claim that Trump killed Bin Laden within the next week or so.

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

From your article:

“For the third time since World War II, a U.S. president has been unable to convince Congress to enact his proposed national health care reform plan. As was true of the earlier presidential attempts, the
Clinton administration's failed effort resulted from many factors, including the strong opposition of interest groups, the ideological composition of Congress, opposition by important segments of the media, the timing of the proposal, and the nature of public opinion.”

Over 25 years later we still don’t have it for the same reasons.  But Hillary or something.

She wanted to be responsible to design the plan and sell it, but you and her supporters don't think she should be accountable for the design of the plan and the sales effort. Got it.  Maybe you didn't read - she lost more support among Democrats than any other group. Of course there's opposition. There's always opposition. Overcoming opposition is the job. 

She failed and lacks skill. Maybe losing a primary from a dominant lead to an obscure, first term  black senator who had the middle name of "Hussein" should have tipped you off. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Ok I seriously think now that that whole crew has some sort of competition to see who can say the craziest lie on national tv and get away with it. 

"Donald Trump freed the slaves!". "Donald Trump dropped two nukes on Japan!". 

Trump stormed the beaches of Normandy and fought the Viet Cong while simultaneously golfing in America.