Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

3 hours ago, Shaddie said:

Just woke up. Email from California office says Cali governor announced stay home lockdown. Effective midnight. 

This would suuuuuuck.  The only thing keeping me sane at this point it's being able to go outside, run, take the kids/ dog on a walk.  I was hoping to take bike out this weekend.

1 minute ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

This would suuuuuuck.  The only thing keeping me sane at this point it's being able to go outside, run, take the kids/ dog on a walk.  I was hoping to take bike out this weekend.

I doubt the police are going to arrest you for jogging around your neighborhood in a "shelter in place" situation. They're trying to prevent block parties and stuff like that.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

99% of Those Who Died From Virus Had Other Illness, Italy Says 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-18/99-of-those-who-died-from-virus-had-other-illness-italy-says

average age of deaths due virus in Italy is about 79.

Why did this scene suddenly pop into my head ?

Unknown.jpeg

Unknown-1.jpeg

Edited by Onboard 2.0

12 hours ago, 2300 Nueces said:

Was at my brothers house this past Saturday in Ft Worth.  He has had the squirts for 4 days and generally feels weak.  Many cases in Tarrant Co and they are spread all around where he lives.  His wife has been sleeping day and night for 2 days as well.  I developed headache and sore throat today.  I also feel dizzy and weak, no fever.  I have burning in the throat but I also have cedar allergies but this is different.  I had flu A a month ago.  I started taking the compounds that I recommended earlier in the thread.  I'll report back later.  Tired.

I feel much better this morning.  Yesterday when the sypmtoms hit I did the following:

Buplerum Root 30 drops per day  (3cl Protease) Inhibitor

Indigo Root 25 drops (3cl Protease)

Isatis Root & Leaf extract (1000 mg) protease

Myricetin (600 mg) helicase

Lots of lemon water (actual squeezed lemon) protease inhibitor

Hyudata Water Extract 20 drops (polymerase inhibitor)

Emergen C 1000mg

As I said I feel much much better.  Weird sleep but good.

If I had to rate this, I would say the headache compared to caffeine withdrawal, sore throat to allergies/strep, and fatigue to completing a 5-10k run.

Sister in law is still in bed going on 4th day.  Should go to doctor but stubborn.  I am relatively healthy and broke the Flu A fever in 3-4 days a month ago.  I am not 100% as the above symptoms still persist but are much less severe.  Overall this is a 3 out of 10 because of headache and sore throat.  I would rate a common cold at a 1.  Flu A at a 6 and passing a gall stone at a 10.  I have passed too many to count.  I have low HDL cholesterol which is a genetic deal so I have to boost the HDL which I have been doing and the stones have gone away.  I will be passing my hippie herbs to my elderly parents tomorrow because I doubt I will still need them.  They probably won't take them because they are stubborn mules.

5 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Those activities are allowed under the order. I think it's more just unifying the recommendations from San Fran/LA to the rest of the state instead of letting it go community by community. 

1 minute ago, 2300 Nueces said:

I feel much better this morning.  Yesterday when the sypmtoms hit I did the following:

Emergen C 1000mg

If I had to rate this, I would say the headache compared to caffeine withdrawal, sore throat to allergies/strep, and fatigue to completing a 5-10k run.

Sister in law is still in bed going on 4th day.  Should go to doctor but stubborn.  I am relatively healthy and broke the Flu A fever in 3-4 days a month ago.  I am not 100% as the above symptoms still persist but are much less severe.  Overall this is a 3 out of 10 because of headache and sore throat.  I would rate a common cold at a 1.  Flu A at a 6 and passing a gall stone at a 10.  I have passed too many to count.  I have low HDL cholesterol which is a genetic deal so I have to boost the HDL which I have been doing and the stones have gone away.  I will be passing my hippie herbs to my elderly parents tomorrow because I doubt I will still need them.  They probably won't take them because they are stubborn mules.

You have expensive piss.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 2300 Nueces said:

Emergen C 1000mg

Seems legit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HenryJames said:

Provided people have money to spend.

True, but there are plenty who do, and it'll hopefully spur the initial growth.  Credit card companies will see a spike at first I bet.   Be the first to get your American Express Coronacard...low low interest rates.

I'd also think there will be some kind of gov't loan assistance program for (small) businesses ??  Obviously it's gonna depend on how long this shit goes on.  

I'm trying to remain optimistic, the alternative is just out of the question right now. There'll  be plenty of time to be that way later on....... or not.

9 hours ago, Shaggybevo said:

Teva to Donate Potential COVID-19 Treatment, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate Tablets to Hospitals Nationwide

Teva will donate 6 Million tablets through wholesalers to hospitals by March 31, and more than 10 Million within a month

TEL AVIV, Israel & PARSIPPANY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NYSE and TASE: TEVA) announced today the immediate donation of more than 6 million doses of hydroxychloroquine sulfate tablets through wholesalers to hospitals across the U.S. to meet the urgent demand for the medicine as an investigational target to treat COVID-19. The company is also looking at additional ways to address the global need.

https://www.tevausa.com/news-and-media/press-releases/teva-to-donate-potential-covid-19-treatment-hydroxychloroquine-sulfate-tablets-to-hospitals-nationwide-/

@ChiTownDoc

[narrator]

so it's okay now to talk about it

[/narrator]

8 hours ago, Texas Jeff said:

Some good news, Italy's new case rate is bending down a bit if you look at the log scale.  It's still exponential but the rate of growth is slowing.  It took them 6 days to go from 100 to 1K, 10 days to go from 1K to 10K, and they are now right at 10 days without hitting 100k.  Of course, it's possible they have reached the limit of their ability to test per day.  But still it appears to be slowing but still exponential.

Meanwhile in the US, we are right on a log-linear track.  Eight days to go from 100 to 1K, eight days to go from 1K to 10K, and we are now seven days away from 100K.  I think we will see a knee in the log-linear curve sometime in the next week as the effects of self-isolation start to show.  Hopefully we don't hit 100K cases by next Thursday.  If we keep it under 100K through the end of the month, that is real progress and a sign that all of the stay at home efforts are paying off.

If we hit 100K prior to next Thursday, well then you can say that maybe testing is ramping up and catching more cases but our growth rate is still exponential and speeding up.  Not great, Bob...

we want the case count to go exponential because that will scare the zoomers in to behaving, buying time to macgyver beds, boats and bongs, with the secret weapons being distributed to squash the cfr. (the salt and the nip stuff).

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, NoName said:

i think that is a joke, seriously.

if it was as easy as 9x'ing things by just splitting, everyone would already be doing it.

what i have seen and posted upthread was about 2xing it

actually after looking into Dr. Drummond's twitter, who did it was the same guy from my link

that said, i haven't seen 9xing as an option only 2?

We might be at the point where that risk should be tolerated.

Axios: Wartime manufacturing muscle might not solve ventilator shortage

Yes, but: Pivoting to wartime footing for ventilators is not like churning out tanks, planes and ships for World War II, says Sandy Munro, CEO of Munro & Associates, an expert in lean manufacturing who has intimate knowledge of both the auto and medical device industries.

• Production of medical devices requires sterile rooms with much higher standards than those required in a "clean room" at an automotive paint shop, for example, he says.
  • The Food and Drug Administration would have to validate any new facilities, a process that can take up to 180 days, explains The Huffington Post.
  • The technicians who manufacture ventilators also require eight to nine months' training, says Munro.
  • "Medical devices are intricate machines on which people’s lives depend. Every step of the production process has to be precise. This isn’t just a box with an air hose on it."
  • Nor is it clear that auto workers who were afraid of infection making auto parts would feel any safer going back to produce ventilators.

Full Text:

Spoiler

Joann Muller
Joann Muller
Image of a hospital ICU bed
Intensive care room with ventilator (right). Photo: Ronald Bonss/picture alliance via Getty Images

Automakers and their parts suppliers are offering to produce desperately needed ventilators to keep coronavirus patients alive, but quickly retooling industrial factories to make precision medical equipment might not be feasible, despite the good intentions.

Why it matters: The U.S. faces a critical shortage of medical equipment to fight the disease, including ventilators that help patients breathe as well as protective gear, such as masks, gloves and gowns, for health care workers.

The big picture: The auto industry has virtually shut down in North America for deep factory cleanings, and if and when they'll resume production isn't clear.

Unionized auto workers at GM, Ford and Fiat Chrysler are worried about contracting the virus on the assembly line and are working with the companies to restructure work shifts to mitigate the risk.
Driving the news: In a call Wednesday to inform the Trump Administration of the shutdown, GM CEO Mary Barra told White House Economic Adviser Larry Kudlow that GM wanted to help and was studying how it could potentially support production of medical equipment like ventilators.

That news prompted a similar statement from Ford, and later, Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted, "We will make ventilators if there is a shortage."
What's happening: The Toronto-based Automotive Parts Manufacturers' Association is enlisting tool and die companies and parts suppliers to adapt their manufacturing plants on both sides of the border to produce medical supplies.

"Their response has been overwhelming ... Just get us the specs," APMA President Flavio Volpe told the CBC.
The shift to medical supplies would be easy enough to do, he said, and they could convert back to automotive manufacturing quickly.
Yes, but: Pivoting to wartime footing for ventilators is not like churning out tanks, planes and ships for World War II, says Sandy Munro, CEO of Munro & Associates, an expert in lean manufacturing who has intimate knowledge of both the auto and medical device industries.

Production of medical devices requires sterile rooms with much higher standards than those required in a "clean room" at an automotive paint shop, for example, he says.
The Food and Drug Administration would have to validate any new facilities, a process that can take up to 180 days, explains The Huffington Post.
The technicians who manufacture ventilators also require eight to nine months' training, says Munro.
"Medical devices are intricate machines on which people’s lives depend. Every step of the production process has to be precise. This isn’t just a box with an air hose on it."
Nor is it clear that auto workers who were afraid of infection making auto parts would feel any safer going back to produce ventilators.
One of the biggest challenges is securing components, especially the disposable, single-use tubes and masks made of highly specialized medical-grade materials, experts say.

Most are manufactured outside the U.S. — in Costa Rica, Japan, South Korea and China, says Munro.
The virus has slowed production in many parts of the world, and even where factories are producing, shipping is complicated by a drastic reduction in cargo carriers and air freight.
What to watch: The federal government could clear many of these hurdles, especially if it activates the Defense Production Act, which would mobilize private industry to assist in "national defense."

It could provide federal help in the form of loans, faster regulatory and customs processes and even the chartering of planes and ships to deliver components more quickly.
Go deeper: ‘At war with no ammo’: Doctors say shortage of protective gear is dire (NYT)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

I bet we see action tomorrow.

last night on cnn, Sean Penn was amazing and incontrovertible in his assessment that the time to turn over command and control to the US military is now.  today.

i can't find it on youtube.  he fully admits it's controversial but anderson and sanjay had no arguments to the contrary.

and penn is right.

we have the #1 Team on the planet.  they can build field hospitals in 25 minutes.  they have the training, skills and experience to get the job done.

TOP.

MEN.

15 minutes ago, 2300 Nueces said:

Emergen C 1000mg

I think this is solid effort, but I still believe that Jude Law played the role so well that it’s kind of pointless for anyone else to give it another go. 

• Like 1

Just woke up. Email from California office says Cali governor announced stay home lockdown. Effective midnight. 
Except my flight to LAX is a go this afternoon. Layover with no food then fly to Cancun in the morning because spring break must go on. Someone needs to show some leadership and shut this shit down.

1 minute ago, DaysOff said:
4 hours ago, Shaddie said:

Except my flight to LAX is a go this afternoon. Layover with no food then fly to Cancun in the morning because spring break must go on. Someone needs to show some leadership and shut this shit down.

You’ll have to explain this to me. Are you taking this flight?

*nevermind... it’s early and I’m stupid.

Edited by Casual Encounter
  • Haha 1

Just now, DaysOff said:
4 hours ago, Shaddie said:

grim reaper GIF

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I think this is solid effort, but I still believe that Jude Law played the role so well that it’s kind of pointless for anyone else to give it another go. 

Gracias Senor.  I'm not faking but you will see.  This stuff is MUCH MORE wide spread than they are speculating.  It's everywhere now.  It really isn't that bad.  You could probably skip all the hippie herbs and go straight for the 1000 mg of vitamin C and go to work the next day.  (NOT ADVISED THOUGHH).

7 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

So London will be the new Lombardy in a couple of weeks.  

Seems like they are going to give it a shot. 

I seem to recall that the UK was initially going down the "Herd Immunity" track and let the chips fall where they may, but changed their minds and were moving to Social Distancing / Flatten the curve approach.  

I don't know what you'd call that... beyond fucked up

Edited by Loco

9 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

last night on cnn, Sean Penn was amazing and incontrovertible in his assessment that the time to turn over command and control to the US military is now.  today.

i can't find it on youtube.  he fully admits it's controversial but anderson and sanjay had no arguments to the contrary.

and penn is right.

we have the #1 Team on the planet.  they can build field hospitals in 25 minutes.  they have the training, skills and experience to get the job done.

TOP.

MEN.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

• Like 2

Only one is in Phase 3 (pasted here):

Gilead Sciences
Approach: Treatment
Stage: Phase 3

Gilead’s remdesivir is being studied in five clinical trials around the world. In China, Gilead is recruiting about 1,000 patients diagnosed with the coronavirus to determine whether multiple doses of remdesivir can reverse the infection. The primary goals are reducing fever and helping patients get out of the hospital within two weeks. The drug, which previously failed in a study on Ebola virus, is administered intravenously.

Full Text:

Spoiler

An updated guide to the coronavirus drugs and vaccines in development
By DAMIAN GARDE @damiangarde MARCH 19, 2020
 vials & syringe
ADOBE
In the months since the novel coronavirus rose from a regional crisis to a global threat, drug makers large and small have scrambled to advance their best ideas for thwarting a pandemic.

Some are taking a cue from older antivirals. Some are tapping tried-and-true technologies, and others are pressing forward with futuristic approaches to human medicine.

Here’s a guide to some of the most talked-about efforts to treat or prevent coronavirus infection, with details on the science, history, and timeline for each endeavor. We’re looking at novel medicines, not repurposed drugs. (For more on some of the efforts to repurpose drugs, read this.) The below therapies and vaccines are sorted in order of how close they could be to approval, starting with a treatment in Phase 3 trials, followed by others in Phase 1 studies and then preclinical development. Approval, of course, would only come if they are proven safe and effective. 

Support STAT: If you value our coronavirus coverage, please consider making a one-time contribution to support our journalism.
Gilead Sciences
Stage: Phase 3

Gilead’s remdesivir is being studied in five clinical trials around the world. In China, Gilead is recruiting about 1,000 patients diagnosed with the coronavirus to determine whether multiple doses of remdesivir can reverse the infection. The primary goals are reducing fever and helping patients get out of the hospital within two weeks. The drug, which previously failed in a study on Ebola virus, is administered intravenously. More on the drug here.

Ascletis Pharma
Stage: Phase 1

Chinese drug maker Ascletis Pharma is testing a combination of antivirals, one approved for HIV and one approved for hepatitis C, that might treat coronavirus infection. Last month, the company enrolled 11 patients with coronavirus-caused pneumonia and administered a cocktail of danoprevir and ritonavir. All 11 were eventually discharged, according to Ascletis. The company hasn’t disclosed plans for a larger study.

Moderna Therapeutics
Approach: Vaccine

Moderna set a drug industry record with mRNA-1273, a vaccine candidate identified just 42 days after the novel coronavirus was sequenced. The company is working with the National Institutes of Health on a healthy-volunteer study that began earlier this month. If mRNA-1273 proves itself to be safe, Moderna will enroll hundreds more patients to determine whether the vaccine protects against infection. Moderna’s product is a synthetic strand of messenger RNA, or mRNA, designed to convince bodily cells to produce antibodies against the virus. The company, founded in 2010, is yet to win Food and Drug Administration approval for any of its mRNA medicines. More on the vaccine candidate here.

CanSino Biologics

CanSino Biologics, headquartered in Tianjin, is close to testing its novel coronavirus vaccine in a clinical trial in China. CanSino’s approach involves taking a snippet of coronavirus’ genetic code and entwining it with a harmless virus, thereby exposing healthy volunteers to the novel infection and spurring the production of antibodies. The company said this week that Chinese authorities approved its planned trial, which will begin as soon as possible. CanSino markets a vaccine for Ebola virus in China.

NEWSLETTERS
A roundup of STAT's top stories of the day.

Enter your email
Privacy Policy
Arcturus Therapeutics
Stage: Preclinical

Arcturus Therapeutics is pressing forward with a vaccine that relies on engineering RNA. The company plans to take an RNA virus that has been edited to encode for proteins that will protect against infection and load it into a liquid nanoparticle. The resulting vaccine, being developed in partnership with Duke University, promises a better immune response at a lower dose than competing mRNA approaches, according to the company. The vaccine remains in preclinical development, and Arcturus has promised to start a human trial as quickly as possible.

BioNTech

Germany’s BioNTech is working on an mRNA vaccine for the novel coronavirus with plans to enter clinical testing in April. Like its competitors, the company uses strands of mRNA to spur the production of protective antibodies. Earlier this month, Shanghai’s Fosun Pharma signed a deal to market BioNTech’s vaccine in China if it’s eventually approved. Pfizer has agreed to co-develop the vaccine in the rest of the world.

CureVac

Like Moderna, CureVac uses man-made mRNA to spur the production of proteins. And, like Moderna, it got a grant from the nonprofit Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations to apply its technology to coronavirus. CureVac has said it expects to have a candidate ready for animal testing by April, aiming to start a clinical study this summer. The company is also working with CEPI on a mobile mRNA manufacturing technology, one that would theoretically allow health care workers to rapidly produce vaccines to respond at the site of an outbreak.

Eli Lilly

Eli Lilly has partnered with a Canadian firm called AbCellera to develop antibody treatments for coronavirus infection. Using a blood sample from a coronavirus survivor, AbCellera identified more than 500 antibodies that might protect against the virus. Now it’s working with Lilly to identify which are most potent. The two companies aim to have a treatment ready for human trials within the next four months.

GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline, one of the world’s largest vaccine manufacturers, is lending its technology to a Chinese biotech firm at work on a coronavirus vaccine. Under an agreement signed last month, GSK is providing its proprietary adjuvants — compounds that enhance the effectiveness of vaccines — to Clover Biopharmaceuticals, a privately held company based in Chengdu. Clover’s approach involves injecting proteins that spur an immune response, thereby priming the body to resist infection. The company has not said when it expects to advance into human testing. Separately, GSK is lending its scientific expertise to CEPI.

Inovio Pharmaceuticals

Inovio has spent the last four decades working to turn DNA into medicine, and the company believes its technology could quickly generate a vaccine for the novel coronavirus. Working with CEPI grant money, Inovio has come up with a DNA vaccine it believes can generate protective antibodies and keep patients from infection. The company has partnered with a Chinese manufacturer, Beijing Advaccine Biotechnology, and is working through preclinical development with a candidate called INO-4800. The company expects to progress into clinical trials in April and has promised to manufacture 1 million doses of its candidate this year.

Johnson & Johnson
Approach: Vaccine and treatment

Johnson & Johnson, which has in the past responded to outbreaks of the Ebola and Zika viruses, is taking a multipronged approach to the coronavirus. The company is in the early days of developing a vaccine that would introduce patients to a deactivated version of the virus, triggering an immune response without causing infection. Human trials could begin by November. At the same time, J&J is working with the federal Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority on potential treatments for patients who are already infected, a process that includes investigating whether any of its older medicines might work against the coronavirus.

Trending Now: A fiasco in the making? As the coronavirus pandemic takes hold, we are making decisions without reliable data

Pfizer

Outside of its vaccine work with BioNTech, Pfizer has put out a five-point plan to address the outbreak, which includes making its technology, scientists, expertise, and manufacturing available to outside institutions. The company has also promised to create a rapid-response program to make it easier to respond to future pandemics.

Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

Regeneron has grown into a $50 billion business based on its ability to craft human antibodies out of genetically engineered mice. Now it’s tapping that technology in hopes of treating coronavirus. The company immunized its proprietary antibody-generating mice with a harmless analog of the novel coronavirus, generating potential treatments for the infection. Regeneron plans to select the two most potent antibodies and advance the cocktail into human studies by early summer. The last time Regeneron embarked on this process, during the Ebola outbreak of 2015, it came up with an antibody cocktail that roughly doubled survival rates for treated patients. More on Regeneron’s treatment here.

Sanofi

Sanofi, which has successfully developed vaccines for yellow fever and diphtheria, is working with BARDA on an answer to the coronavirus. Sanofi’s approach involves taking some of the coronavirus’s DNA and mixing it with genetic material from a harmless virus, creating a chimera that can prime the immune system without making patients sick. Sanofi expects to have a vaccine candidate to test in the lab within six months and could be ready to test a vaccine in people within a year to 18 months. Approval would likely be at least three years away, the company said. Outside of vaccines, Sanofi and Regeneron have started a clinical trial to test whether Kevzara, an approved anti-inflammatory drug, can help with the symptoms of Covid-19.

Takeda

Japanese pharma giant Takeda is at work on a treatment derived from the blood of people who have already been infected by the coronavirus. The company is drawing blood from coronavirus survivors, harvesting the plasma, and then isolating the protective antibodies that kept those patients alive. It’s not a new idea. Blood transfusions have been used to combat viral outbreaks since at least the Spanish Flu pandemic of 1918. But Takeda’s take on it could prove to be faster in development than other therapeutic approaches. According to the company, the therapy could be available to patients in 12 to 18 months.

Vir Biotechnology

Vir Biotechnology, a company focused on infectious disease, has isolated antibodies from people who survived SARS, a viral relative of the novel coronavirus, and is working to determine whether they might treat the infection. Teaming up with Chinese pharma contractor WuXi Biologics, the San Francisco-based Vir is in the early stages of development and hasn’t specified when it expects to have products ready for human testing. The company has also aligned with Alnylam Pharmaceuticals to work on treatments that might halt viral replication by interfering with RNA signaling. Vir’s CEO, Biogen veteran George Scangos, is also coordinating the trade group BIO’s response to the coronavirus outbreak.

Went to HEB just now to grab a few things, when they opened at 8am at Oltorf/Congress,  Lines wrapped around the building, so I left.  I will just try curbside or delivery.

Should have taken a pic, just just wanted to go to the convenient store get some beer and go home :)

9 minutes ago, NoName said:

I think 4-5 weeks is about all anyone is going to be able to muster.  Again, enough to get medical capabilities, supply chain, etc.. up and running, get a reasonable pharmaceutical treatment in place, and stop some of the spread.  Then you have to be back open for business.

• Like 3

You should take off, do a few laps around LA then land back at LAX. Take matters into your own hands
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

and penn is right.

TOP.

MEN.

Army Corps of Engineers FTW ??  They're definitely good at fixing shit that's been blown up, but what about building ventilators ?  I would agree they should already be in the mix with temp facilities being erected at all major medical centers, and in areas with high pop densities.  

Calling up the military has potential emotional baggage that could cause more panic ??

8 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Others did a good job.  I'm not an ID doc and getting down to cell bio is not my thing but I'll give it a stab in layman's terms.  Chloroquine is old as dirt and cheap.  Should definitely ramp up production as it has some use, likely more in early treatment and maybe protection.  Think more like tamiflu in that it won't necessarily treat the flu but getting it on board early or prophylactically helps. 

Favipiravir is a newer 'more exotic' anti-viral that is showing a lot of promise...along with a few others.  It's difficult to tell where we are with all these as very few good studies exist but many studies that will eventually be good are underway...not enough time yet to validate results, get appropriate numbers for statistical significance etc.  

The problem is SO MANY fucking people are going to get this that even if those drugs show promise, just 3% of people not responding to these drugs and eventually progressing to respiratory failure is a complete disaster for our country/healthcare system.  So 97% efficacy for a drug actually will not bail us out...it will definitely help a lot but this is how far behind the 8ball we are.

thank you sir.  my take is the salt is the "blitz spirit" morale boost the msm will use to give people hope, and it's really true hope.  yes, people are going to die.  but this is the hope that you won't have to die alone after being triaged to the no-vent-tent.  i'd buy that for a dollar.

#THESPICEMUSTFLOW

6 minutes ago, BNB said:

Went to HEB just now to grab a few things, when they opened at 8am at Oltorf/Congress,  Lines wrapped around the building, so I left.  I will just try curbside or delivery.

Should have taken a pic, just just wanted to go to the convenient store get some beer and go home :)

I really wish HEB would setup a web cam for their stores so people can see if there is a line or not. That way people can monitor it to see when the best time to go would be.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I think 4-5 weeks is about all anyone is going to be able to muster.  Again, enough to get medical capabilities, supply chain, etc.. up and running, get a reasonable pharmaceutical treatment in place, and stop some of the spread.  Then you have to be back open for business.

Correct

quarantining for 2 weeks would be worse than 3-4 weeks. Sure it would “flatten the curve” slightly, but it would ultimately do very little to stop the spread

2 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

If I start seeing Crazy hospital reports, I can stay in 

• Like 1

Just now, Eastwood said:

I really wish HEB would setup a web cam for their stores so people can see if there is a line or not. That way people can monitor it to see when the best time to go would be.

Monitor the line, hell i just want to know if it’s open !!!!

4 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Food is one of the major issues. Supply chains have got to remain stable.  That will go a long way to keeping (normal) people relatively sane.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away