Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

My company has a food drive box that is supposed to be for ready to eat snacks for kids in school but people don't/can't read so they leave canned goods that just sit there for months. You better believe that I just loaded up on those canned goods in my car for a nice $20 donation. I hope the family likes pumpkin pie filling.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I’m curious as to when company starts to shut travel down? I’m headed to Vancouver next week (i am on road pretty much weekly). Last thing I want is to get stranded in different city/country etc. 

What’s more important. Your health and families health or a paycheck ? If you have the means tell them to kick rocks and your taking time off. They will pinch every last dollar they can 

1 hour ago, Junior Miller said:

rather not say since he's technically not supposed to be releasing that information. Just an FYI I just bought my respirators online from advance Auto parts since Amazon and Walmart and all those places are pretty much sold out. They have 3M p95 rated half masks which do everything the N95 do but are rated to last longer and also work against oils and chemicals. For the time being they also have a discount code so you can save some money on it but I'd go there ASAP

Honestly, if they have actual positive tests are the aren't immediately going public with it, it's flat out immoral. If your friend was serious in telling you, and if he's in a position to know and is trustworthy. You should release what you know. 

19 minutes ago, akhornfan said:

Dude - if it’s real say it. There isn’t a real reason for them to hold it back - it’s just increasing spread. 

But if you’re exaggerating and it’s just a rumor. . .

He called me this morning and said they had 3 Asians come back positive for covid19 in Arlington and to get a N95 rated respirator and enough non perishable supplies to last 3 weeks to a month but in case. Were the tests mistaken? If not will they release the info publicly? I have no idea but take from it whatever you wish.

I just know I've spent the early afternoon procuring items I use anyway in a months supply so hopefully when it's all ado about nothing I just don't have to buy stuff for a few weeks. 

5 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

He called me this morning and said they had 3 Asians come back positive for covid19 in Arlington and to get a N95 rated respirator and enough non perishable supplies to last 3 weeks to a month but in case. Were the tests mistaken? If not will they release the info publicly? I have no idea but take from it whatever you wish.

I just know I've spent the early afternoon procuring items I use anyway in a months supply so hopefully when it's all ado about nothing I just don't have to buy stuff for a few weeks. 

Why had they tested them?

2 minutes ago, akhornfan said:

Why had they tested them?

I'm assuming for travel but I said everything he told me so I don't know. I shot him a text to see if it was at his hospital or one of the other ones and he heard about it from another doctor but he hasn't responded yet, which isn't a shock since he's probably in surgery right now. 

3 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Still haven't seen if this is TX or VA.   I'm assuming TX.

Neither Tarrant County Public Health page nor TX HHS has anything on about confirmed cases in Arlington, so I assume your friend was pulling your leg.   Not realistically for him to have misunderstood the situation on his end.

Licking County Health Department investigating claims man broke coronavirus quarantine

HEATH - The Licking County Health Department is investigating rumors a man wearing a face mask went into several Heath businesses, claiming he was exposed to the coronavirus and was supposed to be under quarantine.

On Wednesday, rumors surfaced that the man said he recently returned from China and was detained for two weeks at the Los Angeles International Airport for being exposed to COVID-19. Rumors also alleged the man said the Licking County Health Department was to quarantine him, but he refused.

According to the Licking County Health Department, Ohio has 212 travelers who arrived in the state from China that are under public health supervision.

Surly business idea... A mask company?

Manufacturers say much of the world’s protective-medical gear is made in Hubei, the quarantined province where the virus first emerged late last year. Hubei is a global hub for producing masks, bandages, surgical drapes and gowns, said a spokesman for Medline Industries Inc., a Northfield, Ill., medical-supply manufacturer and distributor.

In Europe, where more than 500 cases emerged this week, chiefly in Italy, officials have told health-care workers to be prepared to reuse disposable face masks because the supply from China has been cut off.

“It is expected that there will be no deliveries to Europe as long as the crisis persists,” the Robert Koch Institute, Germany’s equivalent to the CDC, said last week.

1 hour ago, TXSG8R said:

Yea, thats been the case for a couple of weeks now.  Run through all your local hardware stores and paint places.  The smaller the better, big box stores are wiped out too.  I snagged two boxes of N95s at a Foxworth Galbraith.  

Yep, I just emptied out Harbor Fake 

3 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Folks going to spend a lot of money for masks only to have the first infected person they come across sneeze in their eyes.

These seem to still be available, along with cartridges. 

858111f7-0dbc-4e43-9053-4bcf26f17d41_1.a

if people took this really serious, these would sell out as well. Price point seems to be a thing still. 

Licking County Health Department investigating claims man broke coronavirus quarantine

HEATH - The Licking County Health Department is investigating rumors a man wearing a face mask went into several Heath businesses, claiming he was exposed to the coronavirus and was supposed to be under quarantine.

On Wednesday, rumors surfaced that the man said he recently returned from China and was detained for two weeks at the Los Angeles International Airport for being exposed to COVID-19. Rumors also alleged the man said the Licking County Health Department was to quarantine him, but he refused.

According to the Licking County Health Department, Ohio has 212 travelers who arrived in the state from China that are under public health supervision.

California, Ohio and Florida or Oklahoma. This script is going to write itself

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

This is the most rational post in this shit show of a freak out thread.

Whoever came up with that idea should be fired tomorrow.  It's one thing to raise prices and take advantage of consumers...but letting consumers fall on their own swords, that's profit.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away