CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

Not going to google it for you, but only vaxxed people who are infected AND symptomatic have the same viral loads, with regard to spreading it. But being vaxxed helps prevent infection to begin with (obviously) and most who do get infected are asymptomatic or mild, so to say that getting the vaccine doesn't significantly stop the spread, is bullshit. 

27 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

That's true. It does add help marginally but I don't think the previously infected are the problem. It's the people who haven't been vaccinated. 

It takes a profound degree of statistical illiteracy to reduce managing a pandemic down to a single "problem."

Edited by ndawg

11 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I was just answering the question asked. Our president has been saying it. Fairly significant person saying it. 

Oh come on, he never said the vaccine would "stop the spread".  If you want to take that 3rd sentence at face value, fine, but I'm pretty sure he was speaking in terms of significant disease, not asymptomatic disease.

Besides, the CDC and FDA have been far more vocal and consistent in their messaging about vaccines and delta.  The overwhelming government message has been that the vaccine significantly reduces the odds of catching or spreading even the delta variant, and overwhelmingly reduces the odds of serious disease.  You could stop trying to wordsmith random interview answers by non-medical personnel and listen to exactly what the medical personnel have been saying far more often than not.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ndawg said:

It takes a profound degree of statistically illiteracy to reduce managing a pandemic down to a single "problem."

Where did I say "single" problem? You won't be able to answer that because I never said it. You made that up. It is the major statistical problem though. 

Also, fairly comical when Biden says something clearly wrong a month ago about how the vax is going to keep you from getting the virus some of you are going to cut him some "Slack". 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

If this is legit, a whole lot of people are fucked.

You should expect more vaccine resistance over time. Doesn’t mean youre fucked. Should still provide protection and new boosters can be formulated in 95 days  

• Fuck You 2

Just now, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Where did I say "single" problem? You won't be able to answer that because I never said it. You made that up. It is the major statistical problem though. 

Now you're demonstrating actual illiteracy, too.

I was thinking about that comparison the other day. In order to claim a vaccine exemption, one must watch a one hour video of COVID patients being cared for in the hospital, sit through financial counseling, and speak with an attorney to make sure one's will has been written.

And have an intravaginal ultrasound wand stuck up the hole of their choice.
  • Hook 'Em 4

I don’t know if we’ll ever return to the normalcy of the three years ago:

A new coronavirus variant, C.1.2, has been detected in South Africa and a number of other countries, with concerns that it could be more infectious and evade vaccines, according to a new preprint study by South Africa's National Institute for Communicable Diseases and the KwaZulu-Natal Research Innovation and Sequencing Platform. The study is awaiting peer review.

Scientists first detected C.1.2 in May 2021, finding that it was descended from C.1, which scientists found surprising as C.1 had last been detected in January. The new variant has "mutated substantially" compared to C.1 and is more mutations away from the original virus detected in Wuhan than any other Variant of Concern (VOC) or Variant of Interest (VOI) detected so far worldwide.

While first detected in South Africa, C.1.2 has since been found in England, China, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Mauritius, New Zealand, Portugal and Switzerland.

2 hours ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I also believe especially with covid variant it does not appear to stop the spread of the virus as viral loads in now several studies are similar between vaccinated and unvaxed so pushing it to stop the spread isn't probably honest with the public.

No one gives a shit what you believe.  Cite the study.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

image.png.8a7587ce3052171c96526ce3aacd5a28.png

23K deaths in 20 years in afghanistan vs. 34k deaths in 2 weeks in florida.

Florida once again recorded more coronavirus deaths than ever in a single week. The state logged 1,727 fatalities among residents over the past seven days, a comparison of Florida Health Department reports published Friday and Aug. 20 shows.

• Rage+1 4

17 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Life is too short to engage a troll.

20 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

No one gives a shit what you believe.  Cite the study.

You can Google. I assume you can. Maybe not since you're asking.  That's just the 1st 2 that popped up. There are several speaking to viral loads of the vaccinated compared to unvaccinated with the Delta variant. Just the 1st 2 that popped up. 

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.15.21262077v1

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/pharmacy/pfizer-recipients-infected-with-delta-have-same-viral-load-as-the-unvaccinated-oxford-study-says.html

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That's a bullshit way to look at the problem.  They need to look at CURRENT mortality rate, not cumulative.  Covid slammed into NYC and NJ early on, and they had a huge spike in mortality with nearly no weapons at hand.

New Jersey has 8.9M citizens and is currently losing 13 per day, for a mortality rate of 0.146 persons/100K.

Mississippi has 3.0M citizens and is currently losing 26 per day, for a mortality rate of 0.867 persons/100K, or 6X the mortality rate of New Jersey.

I am so fucking sick of seeing partisan twists on the data.  Be better.

Charles Cooke + National Review + GRHorn = I'm just impressed that it wasn't written in crayon

• Haha 5
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I am so fucking sick of seeing partisan twists on the data.  Be better.

That's interesting what you say about twisting the data. I agree. What large heavily democratic voting block makes up the lowest % group vaccinated we almost hear nothing about? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 7

28 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

And there's another reason that I'm retiring in Los Alamos.

someone posted the other day about PhDs having higher refusal rates on vaccination than the rest of the educated world.  Someone posed the question "I'd like to see it broken down by STEM v. Ancient Mesopotamian Women's Critical Theory-type degrees."  I think that provides your answer.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

What democratic voting block makes up the lowest % group vaccinated we almost hear nothing about? 

Asians. (Assuming Asians are a D voting block).

The CDC reports demographic characteristics, including race/ethnicity, of people receiving COVID-19 vaccinations at the national level. As of August 16, 2021, CDC reported that race/ethnicity was known for 58% of people who had received at least one dose of the vaccine. Among this group, nearly two thirds were White (58%), 10% were Black, 17% were Hispanic, 6% were Asian, 1% were American Indian or Alaska Native, and <1% were Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, while 8% reported multiple or other race. However, CDC data also show that recent vaccinations are reaching larger shares of Hispanic, Asian, and Black populations compared to overall vaccinations. Among vaccines administered in the past 14 days, 26% have gone to Hispanic people, 15% to Black people, and 4% to Asian people (Figure 1).

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/latest-data-on-covid-19-vaccinations-race-ethnicity/

Edited by Willfully Horn
Crabbed

6 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

That's interesting what you say about twisting the data. I agree. What large heavily democratic voting block makes up the lowest % group vaccinated we almost hear nothing about? 

I don’t think the answer is what you think it is. Try again

6 hours ago, Player said:

So if Dr. Quack lacks privileges at the hospital where the patient is currently being cared for, how or why would him prescribing ivermectin have any binding effect on that same hospital? The medical staff at the admitting facility are responsible for the patient, but their professional medical opinions regarding the standard of care can simply be disregarded by a judge who is swayed by some kook who isn't even on staff? Lovely. 

If the ruling stands, the hospital should give him a case of horse ivermectin and discharge him. Get rid of the liability.

55 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

The data already shows that having covid plus getting the vaccine is more effective than either by themselves.

So I've got that going for me, which is nice.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Asians have the highest % vaxxed, African Americans have the lowest % vaxxed.  Neither group's unvaxxed population is large enough to come close to meeting the # of white Americans who are unvaxxed, even if we add in Hispanic/Latino to the minority side of the ledger. 

It's still 2:1 white:minority in terms of gross unvaxxed individuals.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I strongly encourage you to look back through my posts and find the one where I debunked that stupid racist theory and showed that unvaccinated white Americans comprise twice the # of people as all unvaccinated minority Americans combined.

Fuck you and your concern trolling, racist self.  Negged.

LOL predictable. Any data point concerning race is obviously racist. You got a daily virtue signaling in though. 

• Fuck You 10

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Cool, so we're back to conservatives trying to pass the blame to people who make up 13% of the population again. It had been a few pages.

Nope, Hispanics and Whites aren't much better. Hell, none of us are. Of course, any talk of a racial group is immediately deemed racist. Unless, of course it furthers the left's cause. Merely pointing out a hypocrisy when it was pointed out one side twists data. 

• Fuck You 6

3 minutes ago, ultimaton said:

An unvaccinated white guy smugly taking credit for vaccination rates amongst whites while blaming the current state of the pandemic on unvaccinated blacks sure is something. 

I had the virus dumbass. More protected than the vaccinated. Believe me, I've done my part. I also vaccinated my 2 oldest kids who are teenagers who didn't have covid. You have no clue what you're talking about. 

The virtue signaling is strong here. 

• Fuck You 5

1 minute ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Nope, Hispanics and Whites aren't much better. Hell, none of us are. Of course, any talk of a racial group is immediately deemed racist. Unless, of course it furthers the left's cause. Merely pointing out a hypocrisy when it was pointed out one side twists data. 

you did literally nothing of the sort. sorry you can't seem to see your own arguments through, but everyone else took away something other than what you "intended"

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Asians have the highest % vaxxed, African Americans have the lowest % vaxxed.  Neither group's unvaxxed population is large enough to come close to meeting the # of white Americans who are unvaxxed, even if we add in Hispanic/Latino to the minority side of the ledger. 

It's still 2:1 white:minority in terms of gross unvaxxed individuals.

It's also interesting (well to me anyway) that currently around 30% of the total black population is under the age of 20. I don't know if that graph above takes things like that into consideration (eligible to be vaccinated vs all population in the demographic) but in the birth to age 11 age group it amounts to (rough estimate) 7 million (out of ~46 million total). By contrast, I think the white (non hispanic) population birth to age 11 is around 25 million (~198 million). Don't know if I did all the math right though, my math gets sketchy the later the hour.

2 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Right now, the biggest single group of unvaccinated in America is Trump voters. And it's not particularly close. Tell you what, let's get those conspiracy theorists taken care of, and we can shift our focus to the considerably smaller groups.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

I had the virus dumbass. More protected than the vaccinated. Believe me, I've done my part. I also vaccinated my 2 oldest kids who are teenagers who didn't have covid. You have no clue what you're talking about. 
The virtue signaling is strong here. 

You got the delta variant? Because if not, you haven't had the virus you think you had.
  • Hook 'Em 4

18 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

So, your point was that even though there is little variations amongst the racial demographics, you decided you would blame black people? Or was it that you thought that you would use black people as a proxy for blaming democrats, even through the statistics are extremely clear that democrats are more likely to be vaccinated?  

What was your fucking point? 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Muy Frio said:

Polls show otherwise you "I'm-just-askin'-questions" daft prick.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2021/07/28/here-are-the-republicans-most-likely-to-refuse-the-covid-19-vaccine-poll-finds/?sh=13f14aa4735f

TOPLINE

Nearly 40% of Republicans are still hesitant about getting the Covid-19 vaccine or refuse to get it, a new Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI)/Interfaith Youth Core (IFYC) poll finds, though certain subsets of the GOP appear notably more likely to accept or refuse the shot based on their religion, media consumption and whether or not they believe in the QAnon conspiracy theory.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/nbc-news-poll-shows-demographic-breakdown-vaccinated-u-s-n1277514

And here are the American adults who say they’ve already been vaccinated — broken down by demographic group:

All adults: 69 percent

Men: 67 percent

Women: 71 percent

18-34: 63 percent

35-49: 58 percent

50-64: 71 percent

65+: 86 percent

Whites: 66 percent

Blacks: 76 percent

Latinos: 71 percent

Urban residents: 79 percent

Suburban residents: 67 percent

Rural residents: 52 percent

White evangelicals: 59 percent

Democrats: 88 percent

Independents: 60 percent

Republicans: 55 percent

Republicans who support Trump more than party: 46 percent

Republicans who support party more than Trump: 62 percent

Democratic Sanders-Warren voters: 88 percent

Democratic Biden voters: 87 percent

Biden voters in 2020 general election: 91 percent

Trump voters in 2020 general election: 50 percent

White non-college grads: 60 percent

White college grads: 80 percent

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

LOL predictable. Any data point concerning race is obviously racist. You got a daily virtue signaling in though. 

Let's simplify the math and assume 20% of Americans are vaccine-ineligible.  It's close.  Currently, white Americans comprise 60% of the population.  Black Americans comprise 13% of the population.

50% white Americans unvaxxed = 0.5*0.8*0.6*330M = 79M unvaxxed white Americans

60% black Americans unvaxxed = 0.6*0.8*0.13*330M = 21M unvaxxed black Americans

Yeah, you're not manipulating the argument to call out one group over another based on race.  Negged again, fuckstick.

• Like 3