CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

I was sarcastically asked to give my thoughts on the vax here so why not? I think the vax reduces hospitalizations and death. High risk groups should definitely get it. You should probably get it regardless of high risk if you haven't had covid yet just in case you have a bad outcome. I don't believe in mandates but if businesses want to require it we can't stop that. I also believe especially with covid variant it does not appear to stop the spread of the virus as viral loads in now several studies are similar between vaccinated and unvaxed so pushing it to stop the spread isn't probably honest with the public. It's why masks are now required again for the vaxed despite Biden's victory lap. Finally, new large scale study out of Israel show natural immunity from previous infection is quite a bit more effective than the vax so CDC should include language in its recommendations adding people who previously had covid. 

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/08/having-sars-cov-2-once-confers-much-greater-immunity-vaccine-vaccination-remains-vital

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach
  • Fuck You 1

I think cities and counties should set up giant tent hospitals on the outskirts for Ivermectin care. You'd have to sign a waiver absolving all parties of responsibility and then you get to have ivermectin smeared/injected/applied till you're blue in the face (literally.) 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I was sarcastically asked to give my thoughts on the vax here so why not? I think the vax reduces hospitalizations and death. High risk groups should definitely get it. You should probably get it regardless of high risk if you haven't had covid yet just in case you have a bad outcome. I don't believe in mandates but if businesses want to require it we can't stop that. I also believe especially with covid variant it does not appear to stop the spread of the virus as viral loads in now several studies are similar between vaccinated and unvaxed so pushing it to stop the spread isn't probably honest with the public.

You're ignoring the fact that the delta viral load in a vaccinated individual drops to zero much earlier than it does in an unvaccinated individual.  So, no.  Try again.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You're ignoring the fact that the delta viral load in a vaccinated individual drops to zero much earlier than it does in an unvaccinated individual.  So, no.  Try again.

That doesn't refute what I said. Vaccinated individuals spread the virus. It's why the CDC changed the masking guidelines after the Massachusetts case study in a highly vaccinated population who saw significant spread of the virus. 

Listen, I am not against the vax but if we are marketing it to stop the spread it isnt honest. It's at this point to really reduce severe events. 

• Fuck You 1

A conservative radio host in Florida who was openly opposed to the coronavirusvaccine has died of the COVID-19 infection after a three-week battle with the disease. 

Marc Bernier’s final tweet, sent July 30, compared the vaccination and virus mitigation efforts to Nazi Germany. 

Radio station WNDB ― News Daytona Beach ― confirmed the news on Twitter on Saturday.

He was 65.

https://www.news-journalonline.com/story/news/local/volusia/2021/08/28/marc-bernier-30-year-daytona-beach-talk-host-dies-after-covid-battle/5639816001/

• Fuck Around and Find Out 2

3 minutes ago, Satchel said:

A conservative radio host in Florida who was openly opposed to the coronavirusvaccine has died of the COVID-19 infection after a three-week battle with the disease. 

Marc Bernier’s final tweet, sent July 30, compared the vaccination and virus mitigation efforts to Nazi Germany. 

Radio station WNDB ― News Daytona Beach ― confirmed the news on Twitter on Saturday.

He was 65.

https://www.news-journalonline.com/story/news/local/volusia/2021/08/28/marc-bernier-30-year-daytona-beach-talk-host-dies-after-covid-battle/5639816001/

Inglorious Basterds Idk GIF

7 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

That doesn't refute what I said. Vaccinated individuals spread the virus. It's why the CDC changed the masking guidelines after the Massachusetts case study in a highly vaccinated population who saw significant spread of the virus. 

Listen, I am not against the vax but if we are marketing it to stop the spread it isnt honest. It's at this point to really reduce severe events. 

It limits the spread more effectively than unvaccinated. That’s kinda an important thing with contagious pathogens 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Where are the tombstones saying Cuomo shoved a COVID patient in my nursing home? 

You obviously have a misplaced axe to grind, but I'll help with you the joke.  See, the joke is referring to anti-vaccination excuses leading to death.  Your Cumo bit has nothing to do with anti-vaccination bits as far as I know.  Hope that helps.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I was sarcastically asked to give my thoughts on the vax here so why not? I think the vax reduces hospitalizations and death. High risk groups should definitely get it. You should probably get it regardless of high risk if you haven't had covid yet just in case you have a bad outcome. I don't believe in mandates but if businesses want to require it we can't stop that. I also believe especially with covid variant it does not appear to stop the spread of the virus as viral loads in now several studies are similar between vaccinated and unvaxed so pushing it to stop the spread isn't probably honest with the public. It's why masks are now required again for the vaxed despite Biden's victory lap. Finally, new large scale study out of Israel show natural immunity from previous infection is quite a bit more effective than the vax so CDC should include language in its recommendations adding people who previously had covid. 

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/08/having-sars-cov-2-once-confers-much-greater-immunity-vaccine-vaccination-remains-vital

my favorite part is where you pretended to give a fuck about honesty with the public and proper language/recommendations from our institutions.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Satchel said:

The con preachers and radio personalities are falling like flies. 

The mere fact that they are the ones dying, and not the Fox News hosts who got vaccinated to stay alive to pump their anti-vax propaganda, means the GOP Elite is keeping the grift out of the hands of the radio everyman. 

• Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

No, you are implying that the spread is the same in a vaccinated community as in an unvaccinated community, which leads me to believe you are either ignorant or intentionally disingenuous.  The spread of delta from a vaccinated individual is estimated to be 50% lower than from an unvaccinated individual.  That 's an important distinction, even though you don't want to acknowledge it.

The spread is not the same but it is still quite significant. Vaccinated spread the virus and not at some minuscule small rate. The vax will not stop the spread. That's just a fact. It will severely reduce the impacts of I fection though. Reason enough to take it of you haven't been infected previously. 

3 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

The bolded part about "end times" reflects a lot of sentiment that this country has jumped the shark, and there is no way it can ever repair itself.  Therefore death and living in heaven forevermore is preferable.  Suicide by Covid.  God will sort it out and reward those who were loyal to him.

I’ve engaged in discussion with such folk. Don’t mention 2 Thessalonians 2, because you’ll likely see frothing at the mouth.

I mean, when God sends a delusion, you are right fucked.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

You obviously have a misplaced axe to grind, but I'll help with you the joke.  See, the joke is referring to anti-vaccination excuses leading to death.  Your Cumo bit has nothing to do with anti-vaccination bits as far as I know.  Hope that helps.

No, but it does have to to with people dying of covid so I'll allow it. That's a covid death graveyard sooo. 

• Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

No, but it does have to to with people dying of covid so I'll allow it. That's a covid death graveyard sooo. 

Well, if we're in allowance mode, I won't allow it, because it distracts from reality.  The reality is the anti-vaxxers are the ones dying, and they're filling up ICU's causing others who need care to suffer.   The fact that you even bring up Cuomo on a cartoon that should be apolitical is telling.  But you have the understanding of the politics that make up the majority of anti-vaxxer stances, so you feel the need to pull a whataboutism that has nothing to do with the issue.

Another  troll  going to the ignore list.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Well, if we're in allowance mode, I won't allow it, because it distracts from reality.  The reality is the anti-vaxxers are the ones dying, and they're filling up ICU's causing others who need care to suffer.   The fact that you even bring up Cuomo on a cartoon that should be apolitical is telling.  But you have the understanding of the politics that make up the majority of anti-vaxxer stances, so you feel the need to pull a whataboutism that has nothing to do with the issue.

Another right wing trolltard going to the ignore list.

Nope, I already allowed it. Your point is moot. You can't unallow an allowed post. Sorry 

BTW I am for the vax moron. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I wouldn't suggest it either. It was a rough week when I had it. I'd get the vax if you haven't had covid but if you have had it already it's good to know you have protection superior to the Pfizer vax. 

For how long?

Just now, 4th&Five said:

For how long?

Who knows? Just like the vax no one knows. There is at least some data on previous SARS infections and that immunity lasts yrs but it doesn't necessarily mean COVID-19 natural immunity will. Likely but you don't know just like the vax. If data starts to show it is less effective than vax over time then I'll get the vax. 

12 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Who knows? Just like the vax no one knows. There is at least some data on previous SARS infections and that immunity lasts yrs but it doesn't necessarily mean COVID-19 natural immunity will. Likely but you don't know just like the vax. If data starts to show it is less effective than vax over time then I'll get the vax. 

The data already shows that having covid plus getting the vaccine is more effective than either by themselves.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

The spread is not the same but it is still quite significant. Vaccinated spread the virus and not at some minuscule small rate. The vax will not stop the spread. That's just a fact.

Who claimed that the vax would "stop the spread"?  That's a strawman argument that is completely irrelevant.

You're transparent.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Who claimed that the vax would "stop the spread"?  That's a strawman argument that is completely irrelevant.

You're transparent.

Well, our president said a month ago and I quote, "You're not going to get Covid if you have these vaccinations."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/22/politics/fact-check-biden-cnn-town-hall-july/index.html

1 minute ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Well, our president said a month ago and I quote, "You're not going to get Covid if you have these vaccinations."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/22/politics/fact-check-biden-cnn-town-hall-july/index.html

Compared to things TFG said, I'll cut Biden a little slack.   I mean, after all, wasn't this thing just supposed to disappear a year plus ago?

Just now, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

That's true. It does add help marginally but I don't think the previously infected are the problem. It's the people who haven't been vaccinated. 

It also helps stop the spread. Which is why everyone should get it. There really is no reasonable argument against getting vaccinated at this point. So either you are highly uninformed or are trolling.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1