CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

25 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Eh, I'm to the point that if these dumb fuckers want to ingest battery acid because Facebook told them to, then let them die.  But honestly, if parents are forcing their children to do this, then wouldn't this be considered child abuse?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/09/22/hydrogen-peroxide-covid-misinformation/

Reveal hidden contents

But those recommendations have not stopped some people from using hydrogen peroxide in a nebulizer and documenting the experience online. Melanie Carver, the foundation’s chief mission officer, said the group has tracked related misinformation in Facebook, YouTube and TikTok posts that are reaching hundreds of thousands of views. A now-deactivated TikTok account titled “h202therapy” showed a video of a child on a nebulizer with a caption suggesting hydrogen peroxide was being used, Carver said.

“Before this information spreads further, we want people with asthma to know how important it is to only use their prescribed asthma treatments in their nebulizers,” Carver said in an email.

A major funder of the anti-vaccine movement has made millions selling natural health products

Throughout the pandemic, a cottage industry of online businesses and naturopathic treatment centers has pushed bogus coronavirus treatments.

The Federal Trade Commission has sent hundreds of warning letters to organizations over the promotion of unproven coronavirus treatments involving substances such as elderberry, iodine, mushrooms and horse milk.

Hydrogen peroxide figures prominently in several of them. Dr. Brownstein’s Holistic Medicine in Michigan received a warning related to a treatment involving iodine, hydrogen peroxide and vitamins. A California-based business called Gordon Medical has advertised an in-office nebulized hydrogen peroxide treatment for both preventing and treating the virus. A Nevada-based business called StuphCorp has recommended “nebulizing hydrogen peroxide during this pandemic,” according to the FTC.

Many sources appear to be promoting hydrogen peroxide, but it’s unclear what is driving the social media trend.

When asked where the misinformation appears to be originating, a foundation representative cited Joseph Mercola, a businessman and osteopathic physician. In April 2020, Mercola posted a video saying “hydrogen peroxide treatment can successfully treat most viral respiratory illnesses, including coronavirus,” according to the advocacy group Center for Countering Digital Hate. The video was shared on Facebook 4,600 times, the group said.

In an email, Mercola said: “The solution you are referring to is primarily saline, with highly diluted hydrogen peroxide. It is important to ensure that people use saline to dilute the hydrogen peroxide to .1%; 30X lower concentration than standard peroxide found at the local pharmacy. High concentrations of hydrogen peroxide should not be used.”

In response to Mercola’s comment, Carver emphasized that coronavirus patients should only be using prescribed treatments, and noted that the recommendation to nebulize hydrogen peroxide could be particularly dangerous for people with asthma.

“There are different concentrations available for purchase, and people may be using dangerous concentrations of hydrogen peroxide in an attempt to protect themselves from COVID-19,” Carver said in an email.

Mercola’s support for treatments utilizing hydrogen peroxide appears to predate the pandemic. In a 2006 YouTube video, which has 1.4 million views, Mercola described hydrogen peroxide as a “simple trick to treat the cold or flu.”

In a different video from April 2020, removed from YouTube but archived on the website BitChute, Mercola describes how to nebulize hydrogen peroxide.

Imran Ahmed, chief executive of the Center for Countering Digital Hate, said he blames Mercola for advancing hydrogen peroxide as a coronavirus treatment. He called hydrogen peroxide “a really volatile chemical and a bleaching agent,” and expressed concern that even saline-diluted solutions could be harmful if used instead of legitimate treatments or vaccines.

“This is not just about the primary effect of telling people that hydrogen peroxide can affect covid. It means people will reject other therapies when they are in trouble,” Ahmed said. “It means people get sick and, rather than getting the treatment they need, they will start looking on Amazon for a nebulizer and hydrogen peroxide.”

So I had gargling with hydrogen peroxide and not inhaling it, but I can haz BINGO?

On 9/14/2021 at 8:21 PM, Mrs Whiggins said:

They could gargle with a 3% solution of hydrogen peroxide, but I gotta say...they are thisclose to sodium hypochlorite and then the circle will have closed.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

BREAKING: Delta Airlines announces that it has permanently banned over 1,600 people for not wearing masks, sent the names of over 600 banned passengers to the Federal Aviation Administration, and is now asking other airlines to share their “no-fly” lists.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/23/business/delta-no-fly-list.html

Edited by brakeman
Something you never fucking hear, fly delta!
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

Canada beat us to it 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2021/09/24/extremely-irate-man-punches-nurse-who-gave-his-wife-covid-vaccine/5841625001/

Hide contents

A Canadian man punched and knocked a nurse to the ground after she administered the COVID-19 vaccine to his wife without his permission, police said. 

On Monday in Sherbrooke, a city in southern Quebec, the man walked into the pharmacy and accused the nurse who vaccinating his wife. Sherbrooke Police spokesman Martin Carrier told USA TODAY the man was "extremely irate."

"He asked the nurse why she vaccinated his wife without approval, without his consent and then started punching her in the face multiple times. The nurse didn't even have time to speak up for herself before he started punching her," Carrier said. 

After attacking the nurse, the man quickly ran out of the pharmacy, Carrier said. The police are currently searching for the suspect but do not have a photo or name. He said the suspect was described as a 30-45 year-old-man with short brown hair, two small ear piercings and a tattoo on his hand of a cross. 

The nurse was quickly taken to the hospital and treated for her face injuries, Carrier said. He added Canadian law does not require spouses' permission to get vaccinated.

As of September 11, 68.72% of Canada's population have been fully vaccinated, according to the Public Health Agency of Canada.

However anti-vaccine and mask protests have lingered in the Quebec, prompting action from the government and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. 

Quebec's National Assembly unanimously passed a new bill that prohibits anti-vaccine protesters from demonstrating near schools, daycares, hospitals, as well as COVID-19 testing and vaccine sites, according to Canadian outlet CTV News

"We must protect Quebecers, and we still do so today. Thank you to the oppositions for their collaboration," Public safety minister Geneviève Guilbault tweeted.

The Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines is 94% effective against COVID-19 hospitalization among fully vaccinated adults and 64% effective among partially vaccinated adults, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The Johnson & Johnson vaccine was 66.3% effective in clinical trials at preventing COVID-19 infection in people who received the vaccine, according to the CDC.

"Canadians know that the way to get through this pandemic is for everyone to get vaccinated. That is about protecting our young people. It's about protecting Canadians. We are absolutely unequivocal on that because this is how we get through this pandemic," Prime minister Justin Trudeau said during his recent campaign trail.

drop his ass, bullet to the back of the head will do 

1 hour ago, brakeman said:

BREAKING: Delta Airlines announces that it has permanently banned over 1,600 people for not wearing masks, sent the names of over 600 banned passengers to the Federal Aviation Administration, and is now asking other airlines to share their “no-fly” lists.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/23/business/delta-no-fly-list.html

about fucking time !!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, the morons are dying off at about 4X the rate of the normals, so I'm not sure we are so fucked.  At this point I'm about to start rooting for the virus.

Before you feel too guilty about that remember that viruses constantly kill of bacteria and without them bacteria would likely rule the world.

So it’s kind of like the trumpkins.

On 9/23/2021 at 3:19 PM, Biff Tannen said:

Going to my first indoor show (Emo's) on Sunday.  I've been to COTA and 3Ten, which basically opens onto the street, but this will be my first truly enclosed venture.  Glad I have 3 shots and natural antibodies on top of it.  

I'm supposed to go to Emo's Wednesday, but am leaning towards bailing.

The Idaho Capital Sun has a three part series online that is a good read.  The stories from these medical professionals are no different from those in other states, but just reading this stuff over and over makes you wonder if it will ever end.  Here's a sample:

“We just don’t understand why people have trusted us for years, and they’ve gone through all manner of uncomfortable things on our recommendation. Right? Like every 10 years, they’ve agreed to letting us put a 6-foot camera up their butt for a colonoscopy,” he said. “Every year or three years or five years … they’ll get up in the stirrups, get a cold metal speculum put in their vagina for a Pap smear. And, you know, get a flu shot and get a pneumonia shot, get a shingles shot.”

Patients take medications their doctors prescribe to them, even when those medications might have side effects.

“They’re willing to accept it because they have trusted us (to know) that these things are worth it, and that it’s in their best interest,” Kinney said.

“And yet in this, it’s like you just say the words ‘COVID vaccine,’ and their faces change, their eyes glaze over,” he said. “They somehow feel like they’ve got better information than we do. And I don’t understand it, I really don’t. I don’t get it.”

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

• Rage+1 3

31 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

shit isn't going to change until insurance companies and hospitals are allowed to drop the hammer on the uninsured 

Pretty the U.S. is the only first world country that 'drops the hammer' on the uninsured. Go to the ER uninsured and you walk out with crippling debt & your credit destroyed if you can't pay.

• Fuck You 1

21 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

The Idaho Capital Sun has a three part series online that is a good read.  The stories from these medical professionals are no different from those in other states, but just reading this stuff over and over makes you wonder if it will ever end.  Here's a sample:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

“I think it was Friday night or Saturday night, I had a bad COVID patient who needed to be admitted — again, 16 liters of oxygen and very sick, and he was ready to go at 9 p.m.,” Kinney said. “Now, I knew that he needed to be admitted, and the hospitalist down in Boise agreed that he needed to be admitted. There was not a bed available for him until 2 a.m.”

Kinney told the man he would keep doing his best to take care of him in the ER for the next five hours.

“What’s going to happen at 2 a.m.?” the man asked.

Kinney had to be honest. There’s one reason a bed opens up at 2 a.m., he said.

“There’s a chance that your bed is going to be made available by somebody else dying,” Kinney said.

The patient’s face was covered by an oxygen mask, but Kinney could see the man’s eyes. He was terrified.

The patient did get that bed in Boise at 2 a.m. But he declined rapidly. He, too, recently died, “making room for someone else,” Kinney said.

— pretty dark. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

“I think it was Friday night or Saturday night, I had a bad COVID patient who needed to be admitted — again, 16 liters of oxygen and very sick, and he was ready to go at 9 p.m.,” Kinney said. “Now, I knew that he needed to be admitted, and the hospitalist down in Boise agreed that he needed to be admitted. There was not a bed available for him until 2 a.m.”

Kinney told the man he would keep doing his best to take care of him in the ER for the next five hours.

“What’s going to happen at 2 a.m.?” the man asked.

Kinney had to be honest. There’s one reason a bed opens up at 2 a.m., he said.

“There’s a chance that your bed is going to be made available by somebody else dying,” Kinney said.

The patient’s face was covered by an oxygen mask, but Kinney could see the man’s eyes. He was terrified.

The patient did get that bed in Boise at 2 a.m. But he declined rapidly. He, too, recently died, “making room for someone else,” Kinney said.

— pretty dark. 

We live in dark fucking times. Seriously. We’re in a bad era, and so much of it is and will continue to be self-inflicted. It’s maddening.

19 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

shit isn't going to change until insurance companies and hospitals are allowed to drop the hammer on the uninsured 

I can’t pretend to know the ends and outs of how health insurance works but through my employers insurance we get rebates for doing things.  Like $50 for getting a yearly blood test, $200 for getting colonoscopy $50 for mammogram, etc.  all they have to do is jack up the premiums (which is probably already going to happen) then offer a $1000 rebate for the COVID vaccine.  

• Hook 'Em 1

This week presents the possibility here in NYC that we will be without teachers and other school personnel due to not being vaccinated. Although there is a temporary injunction to keep everyone employed I expect the mandate to be put into effect sometime this week. 

The losers here are the students. We have had a shortage of paraprofessionals due to lack of being vaccinated. I am the special education teacher for the elementary school classroom I am in up in Washington Heights and this class has two of the six children in our school (K-5) who are autistic. We have no para for either of these two students thanks to selfish behavior from adults who refuse to get vaccinated. I gave a reading assessment on Thursday and Friday and would have liked to have been able to take the two autistic students aside and worked with them on something separate from the rest of the class or been able to give a para something separate so I can better see where they are at in this area. Again thanks to adults making selfish decisions on vitally important vaccination requirements these two awesome young boys are starting to fall behind. My co-teacher and I are going to just have to take on their job as well and find ways to get them the individual attention they deserve. It’s one thing to be selfish, but it’s another when your decisions are now affecting kids who already have some socio-emotional issues due to missing about a year and a half of development in that area as well. We have got to quit caring so much about only ourselves and realize we live in a society. When you are part of a society you should be doing what is in the best interests of everyone and not what we are currently seeing instead.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

This week presents the possibility here in NYC that we will be without teachers and other school personnel due to not being vaccinated. Although there is a temporary injunction to keep everyone employed I expect the mandate to be put into effect sometime this week. 

The losers here are the students. We have had a shortage of paraprofessionals due to lack of being vaccinated. I am the special education teacher for the elementary school classroom I am in up in Washington Heights and this class has two of the six children in our school (K-5) who are autistic. We have no para for either of these two students thanks to selfish behavior from adults who refuse to get vaccinated. I gave a reading assessment on Thursday and Friday and would have liked to have been able to take the two autistic students aside and worked with them on something separate from the rest of the class or been able to give a para something separate so I can better see where they are at in this area. Again thanks to adults making selfish decisions on vitally important vaccination requirements these two awesome young boys are starting to fall behind. My co-teacher and I are going to just have to take on their job as well and find ways to get them the individual attention they deserve. It’s one thing to be selfish, but it’s another when your decisions are now affecting kids who already have some socio-emotional issues due to missing about a year and a half of development in that area as well. We have got to quit caring so much about only ourselves and realize we live in a society. When you are part of a society you should be doing what is in the best interests of everyone and not what we are currently seeing instead.

Blah blah blah, why do you hate America and freedom? Making other people suffer for your decisions is how you can tell the freedom is working!

Our national identity is “sociopath.”

Monday is the deadline for healthcare workers. I saw a protest of Healthcare workers saying medical and religious freedom on 1st Ave. Fuck all of them. I am done. You don't want to get vaccinated, get another fucking job. You exercising your freedom is hurting others.
  • Hook 'Em 5

22 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
1 hour ago, UpperWestside said:

Monday is the deadline for healthcare workers. I saw a protest of Healthcare workers saying medical and religious freedom on 1st Ave. Fuck all of them. I am done. You don't want to get vaccinated, get another fucking job. You exercising your freedom is hurting others.

At this point I just feel bad for the other healthcare workers who have been vaccinated, and now may have to deal with short staffing due to  healthcare worker selfish antivaxxers on top of the antivaxxers in the ICU.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Ascension in Austin has their vaccine deadline set at Nov 12th. Of course, you can submit a "religious exemption" that will be looked at, and I hope it's looked at much more strictly than the annual flu shot exemption-seekers are. 

9 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

At this point I just feel bad for the other healthcare workers who have been vaccinated, and now may have to deal with short staffing due to  healthcare worker selfish antivaxxers on top of the antivaxxers in the ICU.

Yeah that part is going to really fucking suck

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Can these people not keep teasing scientific studies as breaking news??

The media do a terrible job and breaking down and accurately explaining scientific papers yet they never tout the correction that eventually sees the light once some actual, I don’t know, SCIENTISTS review the data??

Or, again hear me out, maybe get one of the TWELVE authors to proofread and check their numbers???

Now it’s another anti-vaxx bullshit deflection .

Can these people not keep teasing scientific studies as breaking news??

The media do a terrible job and breaking down and accurately explaining scientific papers yet they never tout the correction that eventually sees the light once some actual, I don’t know, SCIENTISTS review the data??

Or, again hear me out, maybe get one of the TWELVE authors to proofread and check their numbers???

Now it’s another anti-vaxx bullshit deflection .

Remember, a lie travels around the world while the truth is putting its pants on.
  • Rage+1 2

57 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I'll need someone to help me explain the antivax religion opt out.  Wasn't Christianity started before vaccinations were a thing?

The largest world wide organized Christian hierarchies have said that religious opt outs are not relevant. It is pretty much a uniquely American Evangelical form of brain damage. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/25/2021 at 11:06 AM, jimmyjazz said:

A friend's wife got 2X Moderna in April, and got covid the other day.  I'm back to code red behavior.

Several weeks ago, I was at a gathering with other vaccinated guests (about 20).

Next day, an individual I spent about 30 minutes talking to informs all that he is positve.

Wife and I tested negative six days later.

It appears no one who was there turned up positive and several others also teated negative.

Edited by SaucyJack
was 2x Moderna, now 3x