CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

6 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Going to my first indoor show (Emo's) on Sunday.  I've been to COTA and 3Ten, which basically opens onto the street, but this will be my first truly enclosed venture.  Glad I have 3 shots and natural antibodies on top of it.  

I am watching you folks like petri dish, go for it.

Going to my first indoor show (Emo's) on Sunday.  I've been to COTA and 3Ten, which basically opens onto the street, but this will be my first truly enclosed venture.  Glad I have 3 shots and natural antibodies on top of it.  
You are Thrice vaccinated enjoy the show, or don't, or whatever. It doesnt matter. Gen x emo guy
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Born to Run said:
9 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

You are Thrice vaccinated enjoy the show, or don't, or whatever. It doesnt matter. Gen x emo guy

To be fair, his name is Biff. 

image.png.12655cb19da414da84f48dd3d0c8e4e2.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 11:59 AM, RDCanecutter said:

I want my booster inside a Popeye's two-piece box, dark meat.

That's racist, right?

On 9/22/2021 at 5:13 PM, Pescado_Rojo said:

Dude that's the legendary Popeye's guest experience. They must teach it in their management program. 

They modeled it off the Taco Bell program.  

My Popeye's was not too bad until this new app went into play.  I've used it thrice with disastrous results.   Walk up and drive up was confusing enough for them, this blew their mind

22 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Woowee boys.

That booster shot is kicking my ass.

Hopefully it only lasts for 24 hours like happened with my second shot.

This is what I'm concerned about. The first shot floored me for part of two days. It was like I had COVID all over again. The second about half of the first so I'm hoping any third shot would be even less.

18 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'll be at three shows inside of a week starting with Son Volt at Lake Highlands Octoberfest on 10/2 at Flagpole Hill. Going to Band of Horses three days later and then Ryan Bingham on 10/7 at The Rustic. Only BoH is indoors and you have to be vaxxed or have negative COVID test within 72 hours to go. My wife has already said she'll probably roll with a mask to BoH, I think I'll go without.

2 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

I got my second Pfizer in April. When should I get my booster and is that still possible ethical?

I was planning on early to mid November based on the 8 month timeframe - I was also April, but would like to do it before the holidays

I swear some of the people behind this are giddy with the knowledge that if they can persuade the 'believers' to do this, then they will have no problem convincing them to lay down their lives in other acts of terrorism when the call comes as it did on January 6th. I sense there is more than just the grift in this, there is more 'there' there just as the folks who traveled to DC were pawns of a sort but others present and behind the scenes had a very real, very focused mission.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I swear some of the people behind this are giddy with the knowledge that if they can persuade the 'believers' to do this, then they will have no problem convincing them to lay down their lives in other acts of terrorism when the call comes as it did on January 6th. I sense there is more than just the grift in this, there is more 'there' there just as the folks who traveled to DC were pawns of a sort but others present and behind the scenes had a very real, very focused mission.

This.  The overlap in purposes is very, very, very important.  Step 1) turn people, irrevocably, into brainless fanatics who will do whatever you tell them.  You can tell it's worked when you are telling them to do things that are harmful to THEMSELVES, and they do it anyway; Step 2) once their unflinching obedience and loyalty is sealed and proven, get them to do what you REALLY want them to do.....which can be anything you want them to.  They are robots into whom you can insert whatever command you want, and they will execute.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 3

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

reading shit like that makes me fucking ragey.

I'm taking the optimistic view of that article because there is common ground to be had in there. For example:

some people in anti-vaccine and pro-ivermectin Facebook groups are telling those with Covid-19 to stay away from hospitals and instead try increasingly dangerous at-home treatments, according to posts seen by NBC News over the past few weeks.

The Office Reaction GIF

Don't go to the hospital. Try whatever the fuck home remedy you want that you found on Facebook. Make Jesus your copilot and Darwin your PCP.

Can't wait to see the results.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

I got my second Pfizer in April. When should I get my booster and is that still possible ethical?

56 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I was planning on early to mid November based on the 8 month timeframe - I was also April, but would like to do it before the holidays

The guidelines from CDC are "at least six months". "Should" get a booster for 65+ and 50-64 with underlying issues. "May" get a booster for 18-59 with underlying conditions, or 18-64 in high risk occupational or institutional exposure. 

As far as the ethics of boosting...I don't think that the CDC guidance has any bearing on the ethics of it at all.   

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Half of America needs to be tied to a chair and strenuously deprogrammed. NBD, this is fine. 

12 minutes ago, Genco said:

I'm taking the optimistic view of that article because there is common ground to be had in there. For example:

The Office Reaction GIF

Don't go to the hospital. Try whatever the fuck home remedy you want that you found on Facebook. Make Jesus your copilot and Darwin your PCP.

Can't wait to see the results.

I'm all for it.  Free up ERs and kill off the stupid.  Gotta look at the bright side of things. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  The overlap in purposes is very, very, very important.  Step 1) turn people, irrevocably, into brainless fanatics who will do whatever you tell them.  You can tell it's worked when you are telling them to do things that are harmful to THEMSELVES, and they do it anyway; Step 2) once their unflinching obedience and loyalty is sealed and proven, get them to do what you REALLY want them to do.....which can be anything you want them to.  They are robots into whom you can insert whatever command you want, and they will execute.

Oh, and this ain't exactly a new concept.  It's a script that has been followed many times:

71wT744rZ-L._AC_SX466_.jpg

It's the fascism playbook.  And it's being run.  Here in the US.  By one of our two main political parties.  The GQP is no longer anything close to a political party.  It's a fascist insurgency.

• Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

Have I just missed stuff about Moderna boosters? I probably wouldn't be in line until January plus I had Covid between my first and second shots anyway so I should be covered pretty good just want to stay ahead so I can be around older relatives. 

If you've been reading this and the DT vaccine thread you should have pretty up to date information.  Moderna is still collecting and submitting data to FDA; I imagine they are a few weeks (or more) away from formally requesting authorization for boosters, IIRC what I've read.

14 hours ago, Pancho said:

I see Nazi Roomba made an appearance, would have loved to watch him get interviewed.

58 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

Have I just missed stuff about Moderna boosters? I probably wouldn't be in line until January plus I had Covid between my first and second shots anyway so I should be covered pretty good just want to stay ahead so I can be around older relatives. 

They are behind, but I got an email from People's Pharmacy today saying that while it hasn't been officially approved, they are following the Pfizer protocol for people who have gotten the Moderna vaccine and offering a 3rd shot for those that want it.

20 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

After I posted that Buzzfeed article, I left work for the day.  On the way home, I'm thinking about the article, and it occurred to me (and I'm probably far from the only person to have this thought).

We as a society are thisclose to having someone deranged over the treatment (or death) of a loved one from Covid at a hospital, and just coming back and opening fire on whoever happens to be standing in the way.  I guess I'm so jaded that I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet, to be honest.   

Canada beat us to it 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2021/09/24/extremely-irate-man-punches-nurse-who-gave-his-wife-covid-vaccine/5841625001/

Spoiler

A Canadian man punched and knocked a nurse to the ground after she administered the COVID-19 vaccine to his wife without his permission, police said. 

On Monday in Sherbrooke, a city in southern Quebec, the man walked into the pharmacy and accused the nurse who vaccinating his wife. Sherbrooke Police spokesman Martin Carrier told USA TODAY the man was "extremely irate."

"He asked the nurse why she vaccinated his wife without approval, without his consent and then started punching her in the face multiple times. The nurse didn't even have time to speak up for herself before he started punching her," Carrier said. 

After attacking the nurse, the man quickly ran out of the pharmacy, Carrier said. The police are currently searching for the suspect but do not have a photo or name. He said the suspect was described as a 30-45 year-old-man with short brown hair, two small ear piercings and a tattoo on his hand of a cross. 

The nurse was quickly taken to the hospital and treated for her face injuries, Carrier said. He added Canadian law does not require spouses' permission to get vaccinated.

As of September 11, 68.72% of Canada's population have been fully vaccinated, according to the Public Health Agency of Canada.

However anti-vaccine and mask protests have lingered in the Quebec, prompting action from the government and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. 

Quebec's National Assembly unanimously passed a new bill that prohibits anti-vaccine protesters from demonstrating near schools, daycares, hospitals, as well as COVID-19 testing and vaccine sites, according to Canadian outlet CTV News

"We must protect Quebecers, and we still do so today. Thank you to the oppositions for their collaboration," Public safety minister Geneviève Guilbault tweeted.

The Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines is 94% effective against COVID-19 hospitalization among fully vaccinated adults and 64% effective among partially vaccinated adults, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The Johnson & Johnson vaccine was 66.3% effective in clinical trials at preventing COVID-19 infection in people who received the vaccine, according to the CDC.

"Canadians know that the way to get through this pandemic is for everyone to get vaccinated. That is about protecting our young people. It's about protecting Canadians. We are absolutely unequivocal on that because this is how we get through this pandemic," Prime minister Justin Trudeau said during his recent campaign trail.

Edited by Horn Dog

Canada beat us to it 
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2021/09/24/extremely-irate-man-punches-nurse-who-gave-his-wife-covid-vaccine/5841625001/

Spoiler

A Canadian man punched and knocked a nurse to the ground after she administered the COVID-19 vaccine to his wife without his permission, police said. 

On Monday in Sherbrooke, a city in southern Quebec, the man walked into the pharmacy and accused the nurse who vaccinating his wife. Sherbrooke Police spokesman Martin Carrier told USA TODAY the man was "extremely irate."

"He asked the nurse why she vaccinated his wife without approval, without his consent and then started punching her in the face multiple times. The nurse didn't even have time to speak up for herself before he started punching her," Carrier said. 

After attacking the nurse, the man quickly ran out of the pharmacy, Carrier said. The police are currently searching for the suspect but do not have a photo or name. He said the suspect was described as a 30-45 year-old-man with short brown hair, two small ear piercings and a tattoo on his hand of a cross. 

The nurse was quickly taken to the hospital and treated for her face injuries, Carrier said. He added Canadian law does not require spouses' permission to get vaccinated.

As of September 11, 68.72% of Canada's population have been fully vaccinated, according to the Public Health Agency of Canada.

However anti-vaccine and mask protests have lingered in the Quebec, prompting action from the government and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. 

Quebec's National Assembly unanimously passed a new bill that prohibits anti-vaccine protesters from demonstrating near schools, daycares, hospitals, as well as COVID-19 testing and vaccine sites, according to Canadian outlet CTV News

"We must protect Quebecers, and we still do so today. Thank you to the oppositions for their collaboration," Public safety minister Geneviève Guilbault tweeted.

The Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines is 94% effective against COVID-19 hospitalization among fully vaccinated adults and 64% effective among partially vaccinated adults, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The Johnson & Johnson vaccine was 66.3% effective in clinical trials at preventing COVID-19 infection in people who received the vaccine, according to the CDC.

"Canadians know that the way to get through this pandemic is for everyone to get vaccinated. That is about protecting our young people. It's about protecting Canadians. We are absolutely unequivocal on that because this is how we get through this pandemic," Prime minister Justin Trudeau said during his recent campaign trail.

"subject had a tattoo of a cross on his hand."

You gave my wife a potentially life saving vaccine, without getting a man's approval. Ima beat you with this here symbol of love and sacrifice eh..
  • Rage+1 2

13 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Watched that earlier.  The fat chick…god we are so fucked. @Brisketexan scoot over a bit, I’m joining you on the ledge. 

I've got bourbon, vodka, and gin, pick your poison.

With respect to the robust blonde in the white t-shirt I'm torn on whether I should be appalled or amused at the little hand wave she did that implied she 'did her own research' on breathing and masks and the pronunciation of the word, 'science' with one syllable. I see why Madison Cawthorne made an appearance at the meeting....

18 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Watched that earlier.  The fat chick…god we are so fucked. @Brisketexan scoot over a bit, I’m joining you on the ledge. 

Well, the morons are dying off at about 4X the rate of the normals, so I'm not sure we are so fucked.  At this point I'm about to start rooting for the virus.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, the morons are dying off at about 4X the rate of the normals, so I'm not sure we are so fucked.  At this point I'm about to start rooting for the virus.

Yeah but my intelligence falls right in the meaty part of the curve. I’m becoming one of “them” one Facebook faithful at a time. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Yeah but my intelligence falls right in the meaty part of the curve. I’m becoming one of “them” one Facebook faithful at a time. 

Don't sell yourself short. Intelligence is less of a factor than ability to sift and winnow information. I mean, look at Linus Pauling. He was a brilliant chemist and molecular biologist, but his Vitamin C stuff is a little out there. Maybe not space laser, 5G out there, but still out there.

49 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'd be completely on board if they weren't taking up so many medical resources that are needed by us with other maladies other than COVID.

16 hours ago, Born to Run said:
On 9/23/2021 at 5:19 PM, Biff Tannen said:

Emotion Reaction GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

Eh, I'm to the point that if these dumb fuckers want to ingest battery acid because Facebook told them to, then let them die.  But honestly, if parents are forcing their children to do this, then wouldn't this be considered child abuse?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/09/22/hydrogen-peroxide-covid-misinformation/

A leading asthma patient group has issued a warning against an unproven coronavirus treatment circulating on social media that is leading some people to post videos of themselves breathing in hydrogen peroxide through a nebulizer.

The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America called the action “concerning and dangerous” in a Tuesday blog post, emphasizing that it will neither treat nor prevent the virus and is harmful to the lungs.

“DO NOT put hydrogen peroxide into your nebulizer and breathe it in. This is dangerous!” the foundation wrote.

Coronavirus misinformation has proliferated on social media throughout the pandemic even as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter have all taken steps to stop it. It includes unproven claims that hydroxychloroquine, an antimalarial drug, or ivermectin, which is used to kill parasites in animals and humans, could knock out the virus. Some experts, including Surgeon General Vivek H. Murthy, contend that such misinformation was partly responsible for Americans refusing vaccination, leading to additional coronavirus cases and deaths.

Hydrogen peroxide is an antiseptic more commonly used for minor cuts, burns and scrapes. It is also used as a whitener in some toothpastes, and as a common household cleaning agent. But it can be poisonous to humans if swallowed in strong enough concentrations. The foundation advises against inhaling it through a nebulizer, a relatively inexpensive device that turns medications into breathable mist.

Spoiler

But those recommendations have not stopped some people from using hydrogen peroxide in a nebulizer and documenting the experience online. Melanie Carver, the foundation’s chief mission officer, said the group has tracked related misinformation in Facebook, YouTube and TikTok posts that are reaching hundreds of thousands of views. A now-deactivated TikTok account titled “h202therapy” showed a video of a child on a nebulizer with a caption suggesting hydrogen peroxide was being used, Carver said.

“Before this information spreads further, we want people with asthma to know how important it is to only use their prescribed asthma treatments in their nebulizers,” Carver said in an email.

A major funder of the anti-vaccine movement has made millions selling natural health products

Throughout the pandemic, a cottage industry of online businesses and naturopathic treatment centers has pushed bogus coronavirus treatments.

The Federal Trade Commission has sent hundreds of warning letters to organizations over the promotion of unproven coronavirus treatments involving substances such as elderberry, iodine, mushrooms and horse milk.

Hydrogen peroxide figures prominently in several of them. Dr. Brownstein’s Holistic Medicine in Michigan received a warning related to a treatment involving iodine, hydrogen peroxide and vitamins. A California-based business called Gordon Medical has advertised an in-office nebulized hydrogen peroxide treatment for both preventing and treating the virus. A Nevada-based business called StuphCorp has recommended “nebulizing hydrogen peroxide during this pandemic,” according to the FTC.

Many sources appear to be promoting hydrogen peroxide, but it’s unclear what is driving the social media trend.

When asked where the misinformation appears to be originating, a foundation representative cited Joseph Mercola, a businessman and osteopathic physician. In April 2020, Mercola posted a video saying “hydrogen peroxide treatment can successfully treat most viral respiratory illnesses, including coronavirus,” according to the advocacy group Center for Countering Digital Hate. The video was shared on Facebook 4,600 times, the group said.

In an email, Mercola said: “The solution you are referring to is primarily saline, with highly diluted hydrogen peroxide. It is important to ensure that people use saline to dilute the hydrogen peroxide to .1%; 30X lower concentration than standard peroxide found at the local pharmacy. High concentrations of hydrogen peroxide should not be used.”

In response to Mercola’s comment, Carver emphasized that coronavirus patients should only be using prescribed treatments, and noted that the recommendation to nebulize hydrogen peroxide could be particularly dangerous for people with asthma.

“There are different concentrations available for purchase, and people may be using dangerous concentrations of hydrogen peroxide in an attempt to protect themselves from COVID-19,” Carver said in an email.

Mercola’s support for treatments utilizing hydrogen peroxide appears to predate the pandemic. In a 2006 YouTube video, which has 1.4 million views, Mercola described hydrogen peroxide as a “simple trick to treat the cold or flu.”

In a different video from April 2020, removed from YouTube but archived on the website BitChute, Mercola describes how to nebulize hydrogen peroxide.

Imran Ahmed, chief executive of the Center for Countering Digital Hate, said he blames Mercola for advancing hydrogen peroxide as a coronavirus treatment. He called hydrogen peroxide “a really volatile chemical and a bleaching agent,” and expressed concern that even saline-diluted solutions could be harmful if used instead of legitimate treatments or vaccines.

“This is not just about the primary effect of telling people that hydrogen peroxide can affect covid. It means people will reject other therapies when they are in trouble,” Ahmed said. “It means people get sick and, rather than getting the treatment they need, they will start looking on Amazon for a nebulizer and hydrogen peroxide.”

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Rage+1 1