Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

1 hour ago, Capn81 said:

Directors cups as the goal is an absolute embarrassment. Not winning football games should be a game changer. Maybe you are right that the dumbshits who want Directors Cups will think that he is great, but one thing moves the the needle. Winning football games.

Money is the goal. 

That's not a problem even with a shitty football team. 

2 hours ago, Capn81 said:

Directors cups as the goal is an absolute embarrassment. Not winning football games should be a game changer. Maybe you are right that the dumbshits who want Directors Cups will think that he is great, but one thing moves the the needle. Winning football games.

Go home capn, you’re drunk. And you clearly don’t understand the position/responsibility of an Athletics Director. Not just CDC, but ANY Athletics Director. 

Every Texas fan on this site wants to “win more football games”, but as it’s been REPEATEDLY stated, he’s doing his job as it pertain to HIS FUCKING JOB. 

Have a good night.

• Like 1

The University of Texas at Austin Football summary for the last 10 seasons:

77 Wins

54 Losses

57.5% Win percentage

Zero Conference Championships (only one CCG Appearance)

I'd like to thank the custodians of a once-proud program that have made our blue-blood football team irrelevant.  All of them, and their excuses, are about as useful as tits on bull.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

18 hours ago, mdmost said:

I’m confused. I thought the regent and UT president were the ones who pushed out Herman and hired Sark. I thought ctj said CDC was just a passenger for this hire?

just because he was a passenger doesn't mean he won't or can't pay for the fuckup

that's the way the world works

the perps shoot the innoncent downline

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Beer Horn said:

I want him to unleash the full potential of our NIL and allow Sark access to opening the trapdoor

this.

but i don't think CDC alone can give approval to operationalize the death star.

we've seen how the tower and cigars have taken the high road on fuckery and aggy shitting on us when they left and on and on and on.

we are going to have to wait for 0u and aggy to do it first before we follow suit.

• Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, Grippe said:

77 Wins

54 Losses

57.5% Win percentage

I'd like to thank the custodians of a once-proud program that have made our blue-blood football team irrelevant.  All of them, and their excuses, are about as useful as tits on bull.

we have the right coach to continue the 7-5 tradition and be at the top of the money ladder.  all good.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Grippe said:

77 Wins

54 Losses

57.5% Win percentage

You would think that that would have an effect on our ability to make money.

That does not seem to be the case. In fact, we've somehow managed to make more.

Weird.

we are going to have to give sark 5 years minimum and demonstrate it with an absurd aggy-like guaranteed extension because we can't/won't shift the performance/compensation equation from the coaches to the players.  until we do that, we're stuck with paying for the coaches to deliver.

that's doesn't mean that CDC won't be shot to demonstrate someone paying for the plane crashing in to the mountain.

4 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

we are going to have to give sark 5 years minimum and demonstrate it with an absurd aggy-like guaranteed extension because we can't/won't shift the performance/compensation equation from the coaches to the players.  until we do that, we're stuck with paying for the coaches to deliver.

that's doesn't mean that CDC won't be shot to demonstrate someone paying for the plane crashing in to the mountain.

I think we keep doing the "find a guy who will take 5M a year for 4 years" because we can buy him and his staff out after 3 or 4(if we extend a year) without much bother.  and the 5M for 4 years is the going rate that doesn't get the rest of the university's panties in a wad.

of course that means we get the going rate head coach.  Sark is an OC and not a HC but maybe we'll get lucky on the next guy.  Herman almost got there but his staff decisions torpedoed him.

CDC could have some good cover if Beard really gets Basketball going and Baseball stays Super Regional to CWS level.  We've demonstrated that we don't fire our AD for poor football performance as long as the money rolls in.  we just switch out the HC after 4 years or so at 5M per.

TLDR - CDC has a job for life as long as he sucks up to the right people.  

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

18 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Yea cause he just won the directors cup….   This isn’t on CDC, he’s done great on every other sport other than football and I’m not sure Jesus himself could fix that.  Gameday experience is actually much better than before him.  Anyone who is jumping on him for this is really a idiot.  

If only every other sport mattered.....

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If only every other sport mattered.....

They do. And football makes the money that allows them to matter as much as they do at Texas. The overall excellence of our athletic program is a source of pride for the University. They care about all of their student athletes, not just the football players.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Nope. I recall both Kirk Bohls and Cedric Golden reported in AA-S that CDC told them that Herman would be back this year.

I'll just quote myself, here's what I said at the time, which turned out to be correct:

How do you explain away this quote from the article? Maybe this is some Bill Clinton-style BS; technically Herman could be fired January 2 and it'd be true.

"Tom Herman is our coach moving forward into the 2021 season".

The meaning depends on what your definition of "is" is. Thanks, Bill Clinton.

Could be a simple CYA move, to distance himself from Herman. Let people know that he isn't satisfied with Herman's performance. Still trying to get a replacement behind the scenes, but hedging in case he can't get it done.

Tom Herman:  Look motherfucker, all this rumor-mongering about Urban Meyer is destroying our recruiting class.  If you actually want me to be able to do my job, you need to stop the bleeding.

CDC (to Tom Herman): I'll take care of it.

CDC (to intern): Write me a press release that could be interpreted by naïve people (e.g. high school athletes) or stupid/lazy fuckers (e.g. FCB) as supporting Tom Herman, but doesn't make me a liar if any of these coaching options for next year end up panning out.

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

What does Alabama have? Because those batshit crazy fans hired 6 coaches in 25 years between Bryant and landing on their 7th in Saban (and that's not even counting Price).   They deserve what they get?

they deserve what they've paid for, we should do the same starting with olineman.

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

What does Alabama have? Because those batshit crazy fans hired 6 coaches in 25 years between Bryant and landing on their 7th in Saban (and that's not even counting Price).   They deserve what they get?

yep.  they did the exact same thing as we did after Bryant.  even got the 1 NC out of it like we did.  I'm for cutting bait from Sark at the first possible opportunity which is probably 3 years at best but most likely 4.  he and PK are gonna get rode hard and put up wet in the SEC.

del Conte is fine.  He's doing a great job overall.  Our root problem is our fascination is with high 3*/low 4* Texas high school football recruits.  And the cruel, tragic reality of that is those types of players aren't actually that good. We think we're living "Friday Night Lights" type of gritty, down-home talent.  But we're actually living "Saturday Morning Mediocrity" at 11:00am with guys that shouldn't have a scholarship to Stephen F. Austin, let alone UT-Austin.  Also, our coaching sucks. 

Edited by Lobo

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

del Conte is fine.  He's doing a great job overall.  Our root problem is our fascination is with high 3*/low 4* Texas high school football recruits.  And the cruel, tragic reality of that is those types of players aren't actually that good. We think we're living "Friday Night Lights" type of gritty, down-home talent.  But we're actually living "Saturday Morning Mediocrity" at 11:00am with guys that shouldn't have a scholarship to Stephen F. Austin, let alone UT-Austin.  Also, our coaching sucks. 

What explains other schools' fascination with these same players?

Just now, David Dennison said:

What explains other schools' fascination with these same players?

Those other schools do this other weird thing with those same players.  We go all "uncle Rico" with them and think that because "Texas" is slapped across their jersey, they'll magically rise to the occasion because with our help, they could throw a football over 'dem mountains over there.  

our coaching is woefully inept and has been for 12 years.  Our facilities are behind.  Our "winning" culture is laughable.  Our PR/media relations are a joke, Strength & Conditioning don't exist here, ancillary services for football student-athletes barely exist...in a word...we've been coasting on "We're Texas" for a decade-and-a-half.  And our alumni/donor base needs to realize that that doesn't actually mean jack shit.  The rest of the country is no longer fooled.  We're getting good recruits, in terms of rankings, but the talent pool from where we are drawing isn't as good as we think it is.  And we're doing all of jackshit to develop them.  And our interior isn't about winning, it's about never shutting the fuck up about how we're all native Texans.  Which apparently is impressive in the first half of a business conference and football game, but in the end...when it matters...is just a fucking annoyance that folds like a cheap tent.

33 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

I’d cut people like Plonsky first.  We need to start looking at entrenched admins that have presided over this dumpster fire and start with them.

Man, that move should have happened at least 7 years ago.  Let’s at least fire her before she uses more university money to replace the pillows in that lesbian sex den she built on campus several years back.

With the problems that Sark had at USC and his win/loss record as a head coach, this was at best a risky hire. After firing Mack, Charley and Herman I don't understand how you can roll the dice on anyone. With Herman under a big contract, the only way he should have been fired was if they had another coach lined up like Jimbo Fisher. Texas A&M takes their football program seriously. We can mock ATM all we like, but the truth is they made a great hire. They have made a lot of great moves with their program. The accountability needs to start with the guys that hired Sark. Even if he ends up turning this around, which seems doubtful, this was still an irresponsible hire. 

• Hook 'Em 1