Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

Just now, texifornia said:

Right? "Stop denying" - they literally changed the entire process in a week because they had of the complaints during the LSU game. What more accountability do you want?

Exactly. Entitled cunts bumrush the gates the home game prior and wonder why there is now an over abundance of caution with student entry process. Don’t start no shit, won’t be no shit. Twitter is a fucking scourge. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

They are, but these are future season ticket holders and donors. He has to appease them, ridiculous though some of these complaints are.

Fair enough but I  think almost all these "complaints" are bullshit. mulitple people have said it was fine. IMO, he doesn't really have to appease them.  he can end the GA policy and go back to a ticket draw and then no one will show up early or at all.

They will buy tickets and donate if they like football.  If they don't they won't, regardless of how the student ticket situation works out during their time on campus

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

They are, but these are future season ticket holders and donors. He has to appease them, ridiculous though some of these complaints are.

I get why he has to appease them. But I’d wager that most of the future season ticket holders are the ones who didn’t wait until the last minute to try to get in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

Fair enough but I  think almost all these "complaints" are bullshit. mulitple people have said it was fine. IMO, he doesn't really have to appease them.  he can end the GA policy and go back to a ticket draw and then no one will show up early or at all.

They will buy tickets and donate if they like football.  If they don't they won't, regardless of how the student ticket situation works out during their time on campus

Just now, formermav43 said:

I get why he has to appease them. But I’d wager that most of the future season ticket holders are the ones who didn’t wait until the last minute to try to get in.

Agreed. It's pathetic.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

Does CDC not know that our entire band comes on the field during TV timeouts...?

ouch.

once again, i have a solution that will achieve the desired result and eliminate all the problems, without additional gates.

i need 20 paid competent $20/hour not-millenials and 20 volunteer not-millenials.

i also need access to gregory 6 hours before kickoff for afternoon and night games, and from 6pm-midnite the night before for 11am games.

pm me with cdc's real email and i will share at no charge.

50 minutes ago, Machinator said:

If they are actually regulating how many students can get in that section and the students are still bunching up and piling 20 people into seats made for 15, then the last segment is always going to look somewhat like that, as long as the seats in the student sections are all open to each other.

Yeah I think it could be partly due to students cramming into sections 30 and 31, which were full.  Section 32 ended up filling about halfway, and the NE corner student sections filled up decently, though it took until into the 2nd quarter.  Upper deck student section was completely empty.

If anything it shows that they fill up the GA sections in an orderly fashion, which compared to what was seen at LSU show they are willing to adjust things.

Edited by LonghornSean

40 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Whatever their plan was today it was a fucking disaster. 3 Student sections went from 100% empty to 80% empty by halftime. 

This.

I’m willing to pat the guy on the back for working to improve things after LSU, and he sure seems determined to get it right eventually so I’m sure he will.

But I don’t think it’s outrageous for people to upset with what happened tonight.

• Like 1

holy shit what a cluster fuck.

having been a cast member in a crowd control role I can say that CDC needs to talk to the folks at WDW who know how to handle this shit. for the loading of the sections it takes crowd control people that know what they are doing and enough of em. we loaded in 8000 people into Fantasmic in about 15 minutes. we handled a massive influx of cars parked em and got their occupants into the parks and spending money pronto.

cdc set up one huge line or something? one chokepoint?
not good. redundancy is the key. gotta have something like magic bands which are just rfid chips in a plastic wristband. very inexpensive cost a few cents each. wanna go to a game? get a Texas magic band. have em available all over campus.
then instead of one line have stations all over bevo blvd and around dkr where you can get your section and gate assignment for g.a. put your band up against the reader and it assigns you a random section. if you have a party of say 5 all 5 go in the same section. software keeps track of capacity and when section is full no more assigned to that section. you get a slip of paper with your gate and section number or something like that. you also have your magic band rfid chip id number entered into the database that allows access.

after you are done on bevo blvd head to your gate, scan your magic band at the reader at your gate and if it flashes burnt orange you're in. scan again at the entry to your section and you're in again. gotta pee? exit and pee and return and scan again.

takes some computing power and ota networking but easy peasy.

or you could do it like we did it and you go to one of the student gates, show your blanket tax and you are in.

or like that one cougar high game where we got turned away because it was full but somebody opened a gate and a couple of hundred of us ran in and dispersed before they could catch us.

fucking millenials are such sheep.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, texifornia said:

GA student section has been a noticeable improvement even on TV in terms of noise and engagement. Just need to iron out the kinks.

It's been noticably the same in terms of noise and engagement from in the stadium.  The student section was noticably half empty at kick tonight and never filled up beyond about 3/4.

5 hours ago, Girdwood said:

Lots of empty seats on national TV tonight. Regardless of the stupid tweets, thats on CDC. Get it fixed. 

No, that’s on students too stupid to follow instructions 2 games in a row. He is trying to help them. They’re too dumb to do what they’re supposed to. 

7 hours ago, formermav43 said:

Yep. Those little bitches like Jordan can just transfer their entitled asses to SMU so they can enjoy their cosmos & martinis before walking into that high school stadium right at kickoff.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

No, that’s on students too stupid to follow instructions 2 games in a row. He is trying to help them. They’re too dumb to do what they’re supposed to. 

Following instructions = showing up 3 hours early just so you can be in your seat by kickoff. GA seating is dumb.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Following instructions = showing up 3 hours early just so you can be in your seat by kickoff. GA seating is dumb.

What? That's the way the world fucking works.  You can either be first or be the best (pay the most money)...this system at present is rewarding the former and I don't want a stadium environment that rewards the latter when it comes to students (it already does that everywhere else)

33 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

What? That's the way the world fucking works.  You can either be first or be the best (pay the most money)...this system at present is rewarding the former and I don't want a stadium environment that rewards the latter when it comes to students (it already does that everywhere else)

What you got was a stadium environment with 2 empty student sections. But hey, at least the most passionate ones were there. 

1 minute ago, NorthLoop said:

What you got was a stadium environment with 2 empty student sections. But hey, at least the most passionate ones were there. 

So the students gave up...that's really the only explanation if there were in fact enough students to fill the seats as I don't care how crowded it is they would have all been in at some point in the 1Q.   If there were not enough students to fill the seats all of this is mental masturbation.   

If they gave up...fuck em

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Who's fault is that?  If they would grow up and be civilized in line having to show up that early wouldn't be needed. Or if they got to the game in time GA seating would have never been an issue.  

• Like 1