Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

Don't know what Del Conte is making now, but it's not enough.

I can't think of two people, with the same job title, who performed their job in such different fashions.  Patterson was a duplicitous, lying, apathetic, lazy and disingenuous snake in the grass.   Del Conte is a visionary, energetic, engaged, forthright, transparent, (Incredibly) responsive and pretty much everything you'd want in an AD running an elite college sports program.

How in the world we hired Patterson will always go down as one of the biggest mysteries in Texas athletics history.   John Canzano had already laid out the Patterson's MO well before we even sniffed the guy.. 

Thankfully we've now got the right person.   

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

If you go to any event on campus and end up parking in the garages you should expect to there for awhile when you are leaving.

This is why we have tailgating.  I'd much rather chill at the tailgate spot, have a cold drink, watch any late games that might be on, than sit in my car miserable and unmoving.  

• Like 1

We waited almost an hour to get out of State Garage R at the LSU game.  Seems as though the usual police presence directing traffic wasn't there.  Cars couldn't get out of the garage because there were no dedicated lanes for exiting and nobody could get past the constant flow of pedestrians who weren't being managed.  I don't mind waiting some period of time since I'm in an air-conditioned SUV, but idling for an hour along with several hundred other people wastes a shit ton of gasoline.  Everyone could have gotten to where they were going a lot easier and sooner with just a little bit of crowd control.  Big fail on this one, but I'm sure CDC is on it.

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

Don't know what Del Conte is making now, but it's not enough.

I can't think of two people, with the same job title, who performed their job in such different fashions.  Patterson was a duplicitous, lying, apathetic, lazy and disingenuous snake in the grass.   Del Conte is a visionary, energetic, engaged, forthright, transparent, (Incredibly) responsive and pretty much everything you'd want in an AD running an elite college sports program.

How in the world we hired Patterson will always go down as one of the biggest mysteries in Texas athletics history.   John Canzano had already laid out the Patterson's MO well before we even sniffed the guy.. 

Thankfully we've now got the right person.   

When he started his base salary was 1.3 million. After year one he got a raise and his base salary currently is 1.5 million. By the end of his contract in 2024, if no other raises are given, he will be earning 1.7 million. 

2 hours ago, SA-KC_Horn said:

Trinity garages were the same. Stop bitching yo or dont go.

It’s a roll of the dice every single week for me in the San Jac Purple garages. If the trooper lets me go out the back and turn right, I’m golden. If I’m forced to go out on San Jac, I have to find a damn right and then make another right to get to 35. It blows. I really miss the Green lot at DFF being all surface parking. Either way though, I don’t complain. I continue to choose that garage and just simply deal with it bc of tailgating proximity. 

25 minutes ago, Machinator said:

You forgot to tell folks to RIDE THE BUS from Barton Creek Mall or tennis courts at Guadalupe/51st street.  Bus takes you to the big fountain on the south side of the Tower, drops you off 2 blocks from the stadium and picks you up after the end of the 3rd qtr....$10, kids under 13 free.  No hassle, no parking problem.  

OR....just tell Herman to blow out the other team by the end of the 3rd qtr., and people can slowly, methodically,  sashay your butt out so errrbody don't leave at the same time...fwiw.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

You forgot to tell folks to RIDE THE BUS from Barton Creek Mall or tennis courts at Guadalupe/51st street.  Bus takes you to the big fountain on the south side of the Tower, drops you off 2 blocks from the stadium and picks you up after the end of the 3rd qtr....$10, kids under 13 free.  No hassle, no parking problem.  

OR....just tell Herman to blow out the other team by the end of the 3rd qtr., and people can slowly, methodically,  sashay your butt out so errrbody don't leave at the same time...fwiw.

Littlefield Fountain for anyone who went to the University.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Bus from the Intramural Fields, drops you off at the bus stop near Dean Keaton and San Jacinto, right in front of the Cockrell School of Engineering.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lone Star Horn said:

well, Baylor is an away game, she just wants it scheduled in the morning so her guests won't be watching it on their phones during her wedding, YOU INSENSITIVE BASTARD

2 Off Weeks for Horns Football in 2019

• Sept 28th
  • Nov 2nd

Nov 23rd is a stupid date for their wedding.  Guess we know who has the balls in Tori's relationship...

• Like 1

Also, what kind of an asshole schedules their wedding the weekend before Thanksgiving?  That's a dick move. 

Taking time off work to travel for Thanksgiving?  Spending lots of money to do said traveling?  Sorry, take Friday the 22nd off as well.  And get ready to fly down to Austin and pay for hotel and transportation just a few days before a major holiday.  Tough shit, get ready for a really expensive half of November!  

Or not traveling, and could really the use the weekend before the holiday to get the house ready for guests, shop for the big meal, etc?  Sorry, it's my day...you'll be spending that weekend before doing whatever I tell you to because it's my day.  

I mean, some people get married during Autumn.  I get it.  She looked at the schedule and at least picked a non-home game/non-OU weekend.  But she lost all sympathy when you look at her fucking up people's pre-Thanksgiving schedules and budgets.  And then has the gaul to demand that the entire way the multi-billion dollar enterprise known as television broadcasting for college athletics be completely upended to suit her needs.  For that, I hope that game is a 6-day window pull by the networks.  And it comes on for the 3.5 hours that are exactly during her ceremony and the sorry shitshow excuse of a reception they have afterwards.  

She seems like a cash bar kind of reception to me.  I dunno, just something about her.