Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

1 hour ago, mdleast said:

I cringe watch/follow the people being bitchasses complaining to CDC. On the other hand, this is some claustrophobic shit right here:

Nobody made them pack in like that. Learn how to be in a crowd, idiots. 

Also, it’s not good for our students to feel comfortable and safe ALL the time. 

• Like 2

Guess that's the problem with first come, first serve. If there's a better way to get the children into the stadium early,  I'm sure CDC and his team are working on it. Was also a big game... I think with each game, CDC and his team will get better. 

Are student season tickets no longer a thing? Because when I was there from 98-2002, we just paid like 200 dollars a semester and had the same student seats every game. I have no idea what has changed over that time period, but we had ticket pulls and other things then as well.

It just seems to me that with everyone bitching about the student season tickets, go pick up a few shifts at a fucking restaurant or whatever and fix your own fucking discomfort. I'm sure the pussies bitching about it are all entitled fucks who's parents will give them a few extra hundred a semester for student season tickets (if it's still a thing). 

Also, my wife and I had tickets in section 18, and you know what, we had a nasty fucking wait in a crowd to get into the stadium as well, plus plenty of nasty as fuck waits in beer lines because the concession people weren't exactly busting their asses and every single selfish fuckface paid with a credit card (seriously people, take some cash with you to games), AND we didn't have a single concession guy appear at any point throughout the entire game. Not someone selling beer, not someone selling water, nothing. And you know what, the game was still awesome, and I don't feel the need to bitch on twitter. It's a fucking sporting event. Also, it's fucking Texas, the first few games are always a beating because of the weather. In 3 weeks it will be perfect outside and no one will give a cunt hair about any of this shit. 

We had several whiney students in our seats refusing to leave because their student section was overbooked. Like i give a shit that you’ve been standing in my seats for 3 hours... they are still my seats. Agreed with them just needing to buy a season ticket seat if they are that concerned about first come/first serve. It took several minutes if back and forth before they finally relented and left. One dumb slut in particular kept telling us to take it up with the administration because she wasn’t going to move just because they oversold the student section. Not sure how that’s supposed to be my problem but ok. 

Edited by Etexhorn13
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Are student season tickets no longer a thing? Because when I was there from 98-2002, we just paid like 200 dollars a semester and had the same student seats every game. I have no idea what has changed over that time period, but we had ticket pulls and other things then as well.

It's general admission now.

23 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

the concession people weren't exactly busting their asses and every single selfish fuckface paid with a credit card (seriously people, take some cash with you to games)

1) it seems like concession booth sloth is a universal problem at sporting events anywhere other than Circuit of the Americas. I've never had a problem at a music venue but at sportsball events, I can't remember ever getting something quickly. 

2) I don't think cash is faster in this day and age. These concession goobers, you seen them count the change from a ten on $6.41? "One... two... three... four.... no wait, three... carry the seven..."

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Every year my brother wears a green Slippery Rock t-shirt at the first home game to honor the memory of Wally Pryor, and to show solidarity with the SR grad who has sat directly behind him for the past 20 years.

Bro is something of an eccentric, even for an octogenarian.

• Like 2

This isn't some bitch-ass complaining.  This was a Cincinnati Who concert tragedy waiting to happen.   Look it up if you're too young to remember how 11 kids got trampled to death when a general admission concert opened the doors.  My sons were stuck in that fucking swarm trying to enter DKR after being at Gameday at 4am and sweating their asses off.  They couldn't leave the line or even their seats later to go to the bathroom or get water for fear of losing their place.  

When they did open the doors, the kids did swarm the scanners, knocking one over and disabling it.  My kid said the guy at the scanner just said "fuck it" and didn't even bother trying to scan people in.  

My kids laughed it off as "no big deal Dad" but I was seriously worried about them.  I love the fact that GA seating gets the serious fans into the seats and eliminates the people that look at it as a social event, but is it worth risking lives?   

Edited by Zone Read
Typos
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

1) it seems like concession booth sloth is a universal problem at sporting events anywhere other than Circuit of the Americas. I've never had a problem at a music venue but at sportsball events, I can't remember ever getting something quickly. 

2) I don't think cash is faster in this day and age. These concession goobers, you seen them count the change from a ten on $6.41? "One... two... three... four.... no wait, three... carry the seven..."

The distinction on concessions is whether you have paid workers back there who have done it before, or volunteers who are one-timers that are there as part of a group fundraiser.  The former is wayyyy preferable in an environment like UT football, but not the case I believe.

8 minutes ago, Zone Read said:

This isn't some bitch-ass complaining.  This was a Cincinnati Who concert tragedy waiting to happen.   Look it up if you're too young to remember how 11 kids got trampled to death when a general admission concert opened the doors.  My sons were stuck in that fucking swarm trying to enter DKR after being at Gameday at 4am and sweating their asses off.  They couldn't leave the line or even their seats later to go to the bathroom or get water for fear of losing their place.  

When they did open the doors, the kids did swarm the scanners, knocking one over and disabling it.  My kid said the guy at the scanner just said "fuck it" and didn't even bother trying to scan people in.  

My kids laughed it off as "no big deal Dad" but I was seriously worried about them.  I love the fact that GA seating gets the serious fans into the seats and eliminates the people that look at it as a social event, but is it worth risking lives?   

They'll get it fixed. There won't be another game this year, or next for that matter, that will have this type of hype. The team lost a home game, mid-terms will start pretty soon, etc. etc. Nobody's trampling anybody for OK. State, Kansas or Kansas State. By the time our next marquee non-con home game rolls around I'm sure he'll have a ticketing system in place to deal with this.And if he hasn't though of it within the next 2 years there will be 500 twitter accounts to remind him of it between now and then.

• Like 2

I'm not going to pretend to know a solution, but "first come/first served" seems like a horrible idea from the start.

Do students even get tickets or do they just scan their ID's for the sports package or whatever?

We used to get a block of tickets(actual assigned seat) and just show the ticket/ID upon entry.

6 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

I'm not going to pretend to know a solution, but "first come/first served" seems like a horrible idea from the start.

Do students even get tickets or do they just scan their ID's for the sports package or whatever?

We used to get a block of tickets(actual assigned seat) and just show the ticket/ID upon entry.

Well the students actually show up now, which is a positive change. They have to figure out how to do it safely, but it is much better than the empty student section the last 10 years. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

You must forget what the student section looked like before the new policy.  I.e., all the Seniors with the best seats showing up midway through the 2nd quarter.

They need to figure out best way to address the marquee home games but the policy itself is a no brainer as far as student attendance/involvement.

• Like 3