Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Gate 7 was brutal. No cueing up procedures; just a free for all

We cued in one of the 6-wide person lines at Gate 7 in the hot sun for about 20 to 25 minutes, others cut (no enforcement) - Infuriating.

Same for Gate 25.

18 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Glad we built an SEZ that will be empty every single game and look like shit to recruits. 

Yeah that wasn’t good thinking assigning those seats to people that can stay in a fully loaded club. Someone should tweet CDC a picture of it being empty and ask why and say it’s embarrassing 

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah that wasn’t good thinking assigning those seats to people that can stay in a fully loaded club. Someone should tweet CDC a picture of it being empty and ask why and say it’s embarrassing 

Seriously this shit is gonna look real bad the entire season. Just an empty section of the stadium all year. 

8 hours ago, wood said:

Yeah it's pretty awesome. Having finally seen it in person though, the only thing I'm not crazy about are the led lights outlining the Longhorn. Cheesy-looking & completely unnecessary, imho.

Now I just need to figure out how to get that stupid, whining, every-play-critic bitch behind me to move to the SEZ, as far from me as possible.

I think once we have a night game and we have a drone shot straight above the longhorn it’ll look badass on National TV.

8 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

One thing they will have to work on is expediting ticket processing for entry. We were in line for at least 20 min before they started just waiving people in and didn’t ask for tickets. 

It is a known issue. We got waved in and our handler was like “did they even scan your ticket?” It will get solved. This is all a work I progress. 

7 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

That outline of the state of texas in the middle of the field is fucking dumb

Naturally you would show up with the dumbest, completely wrong side backwards take on this entire thread. A thread which by the way has shitfaces bitching about field alignment. Of course. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It is a known issue. We got waved in and our handler was like “did they even scan your ticket?” It will get solved. This is all a work I progress. 

I think something they could do is add more of those mobile scanner pedestals and have like 2-3 spaced 5–6 feet apart so more than 1 person can scan at a time when walking in. For example gate 25 could have at least 18 scanners there. 

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

I think something they could do is add more of those mobile scanner pedestals and have like 2-3 spaced 5–6 feet apart so more than 1 person can scan at a time when walking in. For example gate 25 could have at least 18 scanners there. 

I’m expecting either an a) what can we do better email or b) a metric fuckton of “fix this shitt” emails or, in reality, both this week. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’m expecting either an a) what can we do better email or b) a metric fuckton of “fix this shitt” emails or, in reality, both this week. 

Yeah it was really bad. I didn’t go to a game last year because of covid but in 2019 I don’t recall it being that bad. Sounds like you and ctj had a badass first experience. Do you think they will find a way to address lack of people in those grey chairs around the longhorn? Or will you attribute that to just heat? 

11 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah it was really bad. I didn’t go to a game last year because of covid but in 2019 I don’t recall it being that bad. Sounds like you and ctj had a badass first experience. Do you think they will find a way to address lack of people in those grey chairs around the longhorn? Or will you attribute that to just heat? 

I have no idea what they’ll do, but it was bad and they will hear it. I have a buddy who is in the UK currently and he literally texted me and said “why is the SEZ empty” at the start of the game. From our view we can’t see below the Longhorn, and I thought it looked empty because the seats are spacious. Then he sent me a pic. I have a hard time thinking he won’t hear it this week, but I don’t know how you fix it. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I have no idea what they’ll do, but it was bad and they will hear it. I have a buddy who is in the UK currently and he literally texted me and said “why is the SEZ empty” at the start of the game. From our view we can’t see below the Longhorn, and I thought it looked empty because the seats are spacious. Then he sent me a pic. I have a hard time thinking he won’t hear it this week, but I don’t know how you fix it. 

Only thing I can think of is treat it like the other clubs, or at least the club I went to that pretty much closes 10-15 minutes prior to kickoff and opens at halftime again. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Why cant we just get an orange bar that goes across the “nose” portion of the logo? The longhorn logo appears to be, what, 10 feet tall? No reason to leave the nose open. It looks fucking dumb

God, what is with the bitch-posting?  Oh, you are a bitch.  My bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah. They need to shut the club down and then buy everyone a round after kickoff 

When we sat in the USC Field Club several years back, the reserved seats were actually I think around the 20 or 30 yard line if you wanted to use them.  I don't think anyone ever went to the actual seats but I think they were sprinkled instead of 1 big section so not very noticeable.  It may have not even been assigned if I remember correctly but you could ask the staff and they offered to walk you to open seats so maybe they just had a running list (I recall being offered that by an employee).   Obviously too late to do anything about it this year but I wonder if possible to sell those endzone seats without club access then give field club seats elsewhere on the west side for those that want the in-stadium experience and allow them to move back and forth.   Would provide much better optics.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

That outline of the state of texas in the middle of the field is fucking dumb

This^

Just looks like a really shoddy patch job on TV as most of the shots are too tight to show the full state of Texas. Not a huge deal, but not very well thought out. Should be an easy fix though.

9 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Seriously this shit is gonna look real bad the entire season. Just an empty section of the stadium all year. 

This^

9 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

And until we start getting tons of recruits the section to the right that is unavailable is for recruits/family so it will look pretty empty as well 

And this^

That was just a REALLY bad look all game long. Overall, some prime real estate that just translates to empty seats on TV, which is what is most important. There are a lot more eyeballs on TV sets than in person. CDC can try to downplay it all he wants, but this is a pretty epic design fail. Not sure what, if anything can be done about it now. But it's bad.

And it's not just the game itself. Because it's in the end zone, and where the players come out, it shows up on a ton of the highlights.

Not to mention the noise level advantage that having those seats full would normally provide. Having screaming home fans on top of opposing offenses in the red zone should provide at least a slight home field advantage. Instead, we have empty fucking seats.

Pretty giant shit stain on what should be the shiny new toy.

3 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

This^

Just looks like a really shoddy patch job on TV as most of the shots are too tight to show the full state of Texas. Not a huge deal, but not very well thought out. Should be an easy fix though.

This^

And this^

That was just a REALLY bad look all game long. Overall, some prime real estate that just translates to empty seats on TV, which is what is most important. There are a lot more eyeballs on TV sets than in person. CDC can try to downplay it all he wants, but this is a pretty epic design fail. Not sure what, if anything can be done about it now. But it's bad.

And it's not just the game itself. Because it's in the end zone, and where the players come out, it shows up on a ton of the highlights.

Not to mention the noise level advantage that having those seats full would normally provide. Having screaming home fans on top of opposing offenses in the red zone should provide at least a slight home field advantage. Instead, we have empty fucking seats.

Pretty giant shit stain on what should be the shiny new toy.

I don't necessarily disagree with the perceptions, but they had to sell those dog shit seats to consider the opening of the SEZ "successful".  The only way they could sell them was to also sell the field club access.  

Part of this was also a gamble on Sark winning.  Another season of Herman, and they would not have sold shit in the SEZ.

Won't be fixed this season.

2 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

I don't necessarily disagree with the perceptions, but they had to sell those dog shit seats to consider the opening of the SEZ "successful".  The only way they could sell them was to also sell the field club access.  

Part of this was also a gamble on Sark winning.  Another season of Herman, and they would not have sold shit in the SEZ.

How would end zone seats that close to the field not sell? I don't know of another stadium in the country, college or pro, that has an entire end zone full of empty seats. They may have sold at the cost of some other shittier seats not selling, but that would be a lot better look than what they ended up with.

9 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

They were full when it was bleacher seats. 

2 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

How would end zone seats that close to the field not sell? I don't know of another stadium in the country, college or pro, that has an entire end zone full of empty seats. They may have sold at the cost of some other shittier seats not selling, but that would be a lot better look than what they ended up with.

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

They were full when it was bleacher seats. 

The new end zone seats are premium seating, and priced accordingly.  They're not selling them for cheap.  The SEZ pricing model is entirely different than past designs.

6 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

The new end zone seats are premium seating, and priced accordingly.  They're not selling them for cheap.  The SEZ pricing model is entirely different than past designs.

Yeah I get that. It’s just poorly executed no matter how we try to spin it. Again, somehow every single stadium in the country managed to figure out how to sell premium seats and club access without the end result being huge sections of prime real estate seating left empty on national television. If aggy had done this, we’d all be laughing our asses off at them…even more than we already do (if that’s possible).