D'onta Foreman

dad

Figured he needed his own thread. Hope he's ready to go for game 1 next season. I also wanted to say that I'm slightly concerned that he's not being smart with his money based on his social media posts. I would hate for him to never get back to his pre-injury form and flame out without a good second contract to retire with. Hope it's just my dumb ass observation off of a few social media posts.

18 hours ago, dad said:

Figured he needed his own thread. Hope he's ready to go for game 1 next season. I also wanted to say that I'm slightly concerned that he's not being smart with his money based on his social media posts. I would hate for him to never get back to his pre-injury form and flame out without a good second contract to retire with. Hope it's just my dumb ass observation off of a few social media posts.

Are you his Dad?

Texas City boys made it big, I'm proud of them. But their father is a complete goof.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Yeah no shit. I have been pretty puzzled thus far at the positivity coming out of the Texans regarding Foreman. The shitty thing is, were it not for that injury, which is pretty much the worst sports-related injury for a running back to experience, Foreman would be the #1 RB with Lamar Miller as his backup. As far as I can tell, there are zero examples of a running back returning to their previous levels of production after rupturing the achilles. I really sucks, but I have little hope that Foreman will be a major contributor this season. I really hope he is the outlier and I am wrong.

• 3 months later...

I've been waiting to see D'onta get back in the swing of things.  The one thing I know about him is that he will not be outworked from a rehab perspective.  I pray that he has had enough time off and enough rehab to again regain the form he had towards the end of last season.  I decided this year to go all in with the Texans.  Mainly because of D'onta and my former life as a long suffering Oiler fan.  The fact that the Texans shit the bed the first three games actually made me feel at home as a fan.  0-3, that just somehow seemed right for me hopping on the bandwagon.

It was a tough injury, but I hope he can get back to 100% and achieve his potential.  At near 100% he would be the fix for the Texan's running game that could make the next month pretty interesting.

On 4/12/2018 at 5:59 PM, dad said:

Oh no him too?

Reports from a host of sources (athletes, players' associations, agents and financial advisers) indicate that: By the time they have been retired for two years, 78 percent of former NFL players have gone bankrupt or are under financial stress because of joblessness or divorce.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/theres-a-difference-between-broke-and-bankrupt-for-ex-nfl-players/

• 2 weeks later...

Coach Bill O'Brien said the Houston Texans have yet to decide if they will activate D'Onta Foreman (Achilles') from the Physically Unable to Perform list. 

WHAT IT MEANS:

The Texans have until Wednesday to activate him leave him on the PUP list for the rest of the year. 

Foreman ran for 327 yards on 78 carries as a rookie last year.

http://www.numberfire.com/nfl/player-news/104831/texans-have-yet-to-decide-on-d-onta-foreman-achilles

I think if he's close to being back they activate him.  If not, that gives him more time to heal completely without any additional pounding.

The WORST thing you can do with D'Onta's injury is to come back too soon and reinjure... then you are done forever in all liklihood.

Just now, horn4life said:

I think if he's close to being back they activate him.  If not, that gives him more time to heal completely without any additional pounding.

The WORST thing you can do with D'Onta's injury is to come back too soon and reinjure... then you are done forever in all liklihood.

The Texans are usually like to over use one back until they break em, like Arian Foster. 

They are spreading carries pretty good with Lamar Miller and Blue, but damn that is a huge dropoff in talent with Blue.. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Machinator said:

Foreman TD!

I didn't watch the game, but he looked really slim on the replay of the TD that I saw.

I know that he's been out with the achilles tear for around a year, but did he slim down a bit in that time he was out? 

(Just wondering what opinion of those who watched the game.)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...